Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hahaha. Lolzzz. I had an older boss who was pretty clueless. Once a female coworker (thank god it was not be) stained her skirt. My boss said really loud, 'Hey! You sat in something red!' Everyone was looking at my coworker and she was so embarrassed!

My gosh...really malu!...i might jus used a plastic bag to cover up my head...guys can really b so "innocent"...:rolleyes:

That's very considerate of your male colleague hahaha. Did you feel like strangling him at that moment?:p

I really think all office chairs should be in black colour to preserve the dignity of all females. I'm always worried of soaking my clothes and my chair on first few days of menses.

I think he's really unaware of the real situation...I feel like slamming on him but can't do tt coz he's really clueless...n he saw cleaning up hard..Mayb he thot of helping...lolzzz...diaoz...

I think he's really unaware of the real situation...I feel like slamming on him but can't do tt coz he's really clueless...n he saw cleaning up hard..Mayb he thot of helping...lolzzz...diaoz...

Your colleague is much less sinful than @Mermaid2015 's boss.

Hahaha. Lolzzz. I had an older boss who was pretty clueless. Once a female coworker (thank god it was not be) stained her skirt. My boss said really loud, 'Hey! You sat in something red!' Everyone was looking at my coworker and she was so embarrassed!

I pity your colleague o_O

How u feeling today? Everything good?

Update us on ur embies later then! :)

Slept well ytd...bloated n cramped every now n then but bearable to me...I still walk ard n eat well...my mummy came to my hse to take care of me...hee...she thot i wont b able to move ard like last round...so packed her luggage n came to my place...but saw me toking n eating n walking ard(though i walked like a crab)....

Will update u all on final status...daily nerve racking waits...:cool:...hehe...:rolleyes:

Veraine, take a late dinner or supper like wat daydreaming suggested lo...helps alot...u wont b famished after ER....

I din react to duphaston 1 time...so they prescribed me nore after that...call chr?after 1 week liao,they can do something abt it..
Yup....will call tomorrow. Now kind of regret no listening to Prof when he first proposed for Nor E...thought menses coming soon and i am under stress racing with time. No really bobian...have to leave it to god

Yup....will call tomorrow. Now kind of regret no listening to Prof when he first proposed for Nor E...thought menses coming soon and i am under stress racing with time. No really bobian...have to leave it to god

Hey please don't fault yourself on the choice of duphaston.

My hubby is still grumbling to me that I should have listened to him to do natural fet instead of medicated one. He saw the side effects on me.

It's only after trial & error, then we know how each drug will work on us. and get to understand our bodies a little bit better.

Last edited:
I am wondering when they say 7 eggs are retrieved are they all mature? Or they won't know until tomorrow
24 follies, but not all are matured (layman call them big enough) to have eggs inside. Retrieved 7 means 7 matured eggs. Then they will inject one sperm into each egg. If fertilization is successful, then they will become embryo!!

My hubby is still grumbling to me that I should have listened to him to do natural fet instead of medicated one. He saw the side effects on me.

It's only after trial & error, then we know how each drug will work on us. and get to understand our bodies a little bit better.
What side effects do you have?

Likely stress n fatigue(travelling in n out to visit ur dad) causing more strains on u...let down ur heavy heart abit?n let things flow...a step at a time....

I am wondering when they say 7 eggs are retrieved are they all mature? Or they won't know until tomorrow

Won't know...until tmr the first call...they will let u noe,out of the retrieved, how many r mature n how many r fertilized...2nd call onwards r the status of the fertilized ones...

Won't know...until tmr the first call...they will let u noe,out of the retrieved, how many r mature n how many r fertilized...2nd call onwards r the status of the fertilized ones...
For my case, the first call they only say how many are fertilized.. So I thought matured eggs = number of eggs retrieved. For that five days everytime my phone rings.. My heart will pipook pipook very fast

Find out fr u ladies ah, the bloated feeling that I have now should go away for a while after ER, before the next bout of bloating sets in?

Cos currently quite swollen and feeling some pain when peeing. Wonder if there'll be some slight relief from it for a few days, or it'll stay like this throughout

Thank you....i totally understand that. 人算不如天算,计划趕不上变化。

I just have to relax and getting ready for my menses to start stim. Body superb tired lately, bodyache everywhere, my hubby said i need to rest more, have been worried too much and tired to look after my dad.

My temp today only 35.9....no sign of menses coming. Will call CHR later for next plan

Find out fr u ladies ah, the bloated feeling that I have now should go away for a while after ER, before the next bout of bloating sets in?

Cos currently quite swollen and feeling some pain when peeing. Wonder if there'll be some slight relief from it for a few days, or it'll stay like this throughout
Hmmm, I think you should discuss with NUH. I have never had pain while peeing. Bloated is normal but pain may be an early sign of OHSS. You have about 20 follicles so it's not out of the realm of possibilities, IMHO.

For my case, the first call they only say how many are fertilized.. So I thought matured eggs = number of eggs retrieved. For that five days everytime my phone rings.. My heart will pipook pipook very fast
Retrieved eggs do not mean there are all matured. Eg if they have retrieved 20 follicles, some of them not matured or without egg, i remembered prof explained in the seminar, follicle like the house of the egg, sometime you have the house, but no egg inside.

On the ER day, while we are resting, the embrologist already able to tell how many mature eggs ready for fertility.
The next day, they will call in the morning to tell how many fertilised.
The following day will update on the status. Exactly the same explained by MonkeyChick.

After ER, everyday will feel the heart beat faster whenever receive call....pi po pi po non stop, just have to relax and stay positive

I still feel a bit bloated last fresh, as i have risk of OHSS, hence tummy was bloatedness. A bit cramp on the day of ER, after that i was ok.
Its really up to individual as some of the lady feel nothing. Just relax and i suppose your ER fall on tomorrow?

Thats true....i am easy now as my dad is much better. Hope to see the fairy god mother soon...
Ya...a step at a time.

Nice to know that your dad's condition is improving! Your efforts to take care of him is paying off. :)

Stress will delay menses. I ever tried 6 months no menses during my uni days, 2 months no menses during my working days due to stress.

For my case, the bloated feeling slowly subsided few days after ER . It disappeared completely 1 week after ER.

I suspect your swollen ovaries are rubbing against uterus/bladder when you pee? I didn't take biology subject.

Have a good supper tonight so that you do not starve by noon tomorrow. :) I wish you a smooth smooth ER tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hmmm, I think you should discuss with NUH. I have never had pain while peeing. Bloated is normal but pain may be an early sign of OHSS. You have about 20 follicles so it's not out of the realm of possibilities, IMHO.
The pain started on Sunday liao, so Monday I asked prof and double confirmed with the nurses.. They said its normal to feel some pain.

I think they're not worried it's OHSS yet because back then no trigger yet.

Not feeling additional pain today also. Just same same fr past few days.

I still feel a bit bloated last fresh, as i have risk of OHSS, hence tummy was bloatedness. A bit cramp on the day of ER, after that i was ok.
Its really up to individual as some of the lady feel nothing. Just relax and i suppose your ER fall on tomorrow?
Yup.. Tmr!! :)

Dilemma now is do I walk to my mums place which is abt 2km away for dinner, or take the bus which will go over humps. Haha. Got to make the dinner trips cos don't want to scare her, so got to be as normal as possible. She's very against the idea of me going for ivf because of the bleeding cyst last year.

Dilemma now is do I walk to my mums place which is abt 2km away for dinner, or take the bus which will go over humps. Haha. Got to make the dinner trips cos don't want to scare her, so got to be as normal as possible. She's very against the idea of me going for ivf because of the bleeding cyst last year.

Take cab please. 2km will be less than $10 cab fee and cab won't be braking all the time at the bus stops.

I could feel my follicles bouncing inside me when I took feeder bus, esp at the humps and abrupt brakes.

Ah i c...first call will usually tell u how many mature n fertilized...how many retrieved usually is after the ER op...before discharging from day ward...the doctor who discharge us will tell us the number retrieved...but sometimes may hear wrongly or din catch coz after GA...gong gong state... hehe...I think I din catch last round....

Honestly, daily updates really good...appreciative of such follow up...but they r jus numbers only until the first status....they r like numbers flying ard n above our heads...lolzzz...made our hearts bipok bipok jump....

Dilemma now is do I walk to my mums place which is abt 2km away for dinner,bearable.e the bus which will go over humps. Haha. Got to make the dinner trips cos don't want to scare her, so got to be as normal as possible. She's very against the idea of me going for ivf because of the bleeding cyst last year.

I almost slaughtered my hubby on our way to ER....he accidentally went over a hump aggressively...:mad:...i asked him.."u wan me to die issit...i dun hav much insurance so u wont benefit much..lolzzz"....he giggled....

Every hump n stop...biangz....i can feel ovaries pressing against n like wanna burst out from my belly..:(..I do feel discomfort when i pee coz ovaries pressing hard against bladder liao...can feel it pressing on my stomach as well...cant feel tt im urgent,when pain means urgent alr...other than tt no pain...do observe closely ya ur symptoms...safety first...

After er, b mentally prepared, bloatedness may still b there for a while...plus bcoz there's wounds,u will feel some pain...but shld b bearable...my last fresh bloatedness went off after 5 days...this round,can feel it subsiding today liao...not totally gone yet though...egg whites no joke,take them for better recovery...may also not feel anything, very subjective to indv...take care ya n fighting!!!:D...

Last edited:
Thats true....i am easy now as my dad is much better. Hope to see the fairy god mother soon...
Ya...a step at a time.

Really great news tt ur dad is much better...u mentioned from Jan onwards, nothing seems smooth for u....there's a saying,when u r coming to an end of the bad things....good things will follow suit thereafter....is time to start embracing the good things liao....fighting!...n really rest more...

Tcm physician shared with me...when I'm worried...jus rem 三好 tt's very impt on this ivf journey...睡好,吃好,心情好....she told me simplify things n jus rem these 三好....:D

Hahaha I didn't expect the HR staff to grab you to pour out her personal stuff like that. You must be very popular at your workplace.

Are you going for natural or medicated fet?

Hahah! my place here very small. & there's not a lot of female. so that's why everyone is telling each other stuffs. Hence i was reluctant to tell HR the truth. o_O

Will be going for medicated. dont want to be thinking if i ovulate or not. :oops:

Hahah! my place here very small. & there's not a lot of female. so that's why everyone is telling each other stuffs. Hence i was reluctant to tell HR the truth. o_O

Will be going for medicated. dont want to be thinking if i ovulate or not. :oops:

I wld advise not to tell Hr as well....Hehehaha....news with them spread by miles/hr...very scary...n all the pple seem to noe which hr personnel to approach to get juicy news to bring back as their new lunch topics....:rolleyes:

Me too....coz I noe my body sure pattern during natural fet...I tried once...my body machiam think she's in dormant state(sorry,my dear wombie,let me whine abit ya,I still love u).....no need to work wor...o_O...scan until cd26 still sleeping...

Me too....coz I noe my body sure pattern during natural fet...I tried once...my body machiam think she's in dormant state(sorry,my dear wombie,let me whine abit ya,I still love u).....no need to work wor...o_O...scan until cd26 still sleeping...

LOL! so cute u talking to your wombie. u better tell her who is the boss! She is the boss! not you. hahahha!

Yeah. Me happened when I was in sch. Recess drank grass jelly lol. I changed after every lesson and still managed to overflow and stained the skirt 3 times.

Washed and rotated skirt, and then stain 2nd time, had to wash and turned it back to original side and stained again.

After that incident must listen to mummy liao hahaha

ah, grass jelly! was happily drinking that too during my period! omg! when will i ever learn!!! Luckily my AF is as normal flow. Now i think its a good choice that i dont do my FET this mth. need to tio my body again. been sooo naughty & taking in too many good food w/o thinking of the consequences. :oops::oops:

I didnt have any swelling or pain when peeing. All was pretty normal for me other than feeling bloated & a bit of cramps but wasnt that serious. just mild cramping. Dont know if the H20 & egg whites that i was taking helps or my "cushioned" stomach that i didnt feel much.

Right!!! & i tot HR is suppose to guard our secrets until their grave. Instead they are the one spreading all the rumours. basket!

Lolzz...Yeah man...unfortunately tt dun happen all the time...but to b fair, I did meet some tt's really tight lipped one...can try bribing,pestering,stalking(not me huh,I saw guy colleague pestering for some "news")...but still zipped...these few I really respect n salute....

@veraine,

Fighting!!Safe & smooth ER tmr....harvest golden eggs...;)
Yeah yeah! I want golden eggs too! Hehe.. U rest well ah! I planned my eating schedule today to include supper! :)

Just occurred to me why 2 weeks HL given also. Cos we put on so much weight that people will guess we're pregnant!

I just measured myself.. My slimmest part of circumference only put on 1 inch. But the tummy area below belly button, 5 inches ah!!!

Anybody have any idea under what circumstances will prof suggest another fresh cycle vs frozen cycle after the first failed fresh transfer?? Can sisters here share your experiences?

Yeah yeah! I want golden eggs too! Hehe.. U rest well ah! I planned my eating schedule today to include supper! :)

Just occurred to me why 2 weeks HL given also. Cos we put on so much weight that people will guess we're pregnant!

I just measured myself.. My slimmest part of circumference only put on 1 inch. But the tummy area below belly button, 5 inches ah!!!

Tummy part really made me speechless...it ballooned up....my weight din increase much this round coz I really lower down unnecessary carbs n any sugary foods...but tummy area still very obvious...protruding liao...

After my bloatedness goes off,I will resume normal diet, do some holistic detox(in case the hi protein diet is straining my kidneys badly) n exercise liao....:D

Back