Dr. SF Loh from TMC

I'm currently under him for my #1.
He has a long list of patients and waiting time is long, even if you have appt. He did help me conceive my #1 naturally after lap surgery for endo, that's why I'm continuing with him for this pregnancy.
Is there anything u wanna know?

I'm currently under him for my #1.
He has a long list of patients and waiting time is long, even if you have appt. He did help me conceive my #1 naturally after lap surgery for endo, that's why I'm continuing with him for this pregnancy.
Is there anything u wanna know?

Thanks Hun for your reply :)

In fact I have booked an appointment with him on Monday morning, would love to know the way he's dealing with the patients.
Is he that kind of "anyhow" or "bo chap" type or he is really meticulous in details?

As I honestly do not know what's wrong with my body since all the reports that I did came out with normal readings, I really need a doctor who can actually go through with me what's going on and what can we do/expect in the future, someone who is professional medically for me to rely on for advice on what to do or to follow.

Hi, I heard that we can do intralipid infusion with Dr Loh. I am currently with KKH and this process is not available at KKH. Can anyone provide me with Dr Loh's email so that I can check with him directly? Thanks thanks..

Hi moinie,

Yes, last year, I did about 7 months of intralipid infusion with Dr Loh, though it did not really help my case. He got 2 e-mail addresses, one at [email protected], another one at [email protected]. I think the gmail.com, he checks daily. Not sure about the other one though.
Thank you so much! I just failed my FET cycle with good embryos..:( Dunno why they don't implant, so thinking of trying the intralipid for next cycle. Do you if there's a timeline for this procedure?

Thanks Hun for your reply :)

In fact I have booked an appointment with him on Monday morning, would love to know the way he's dealing with the patients.
Is he that kind of "anyhow" or "bo chap" type or he is really meticulous in details?

As I honestly do not know what's wrong with my body since all the reports that I did came out with normal readings, I really need a doctor who can actually go through with me what's going on and what can we do/expect in the future, someone who is professional medically for me to rely on for advice on what to do or to follow.

He will answer all your questions you have for him. I prefered him when I was ttc-ing, as opposed to another gynae I went who was pretty strict n firm and "ordered" you to do this, do that... personal preference.during my ttc journey, he was v encouraging and assuring, i felt happier with him. My previous gynae didn't even find out abt my endo and assumed I was pcos based on my irregular menses. (Actually im not pcos, ate a lot of medication tt i didnt need). After dr loh did the first round of iui, he immediately booked a op for my endo after the blood test result was negative.

As he has a lot of patients, he will not usually make a lot of small talk with us, but rest assured tt he will answer all your questions. His humour can be a little "off/cold", If u know what I mean...

He may appear bo chup, but when serious issues crop up, he is really stern. I was pretty shocked when he sternly explained to me how serious some of my pregnancy complications are.

Anyway, u can go for your 1st appt first n see if there's chemistry. It's always best to have chemistry with your gynae so that you wouldn't dread the visit ( at least it applies to me).

Good luck with ttc! I know how tough it is. Baby dust to you dear!

He is a very dedicated dr and will work 24hr 7 days per week for his patient. He replies email even in the middle of night and uses his lunch time to do surgery for Patient. He don't turn patient away and if u can wait he will see you despite his busy schedule which sometimes ppl will feel he is rushing through. I have frens who are not his patient n needed a jab middle of night due to spotting. They went to TMC 24 hr clinic n nurse will call him and he give permission to administer the support jab n squeeze in the patient schedule to see him the next day to make sure her bb is ok.

When I do Ivf n jab wrongly and was in a panic because of shortage of med, I emailed him and he went back to his clinic , called me to inform that he will place the med at TMC 24hr climic so I can go and collect. This is at 10pm at night.

He may appear aloof n tactless when talking but he is actually a nice n caring dr if U know him better. Sometimes he crack silly jokes which some ppl may feel offended but I personally feel this is his style. Chemistry btw dr n patient is impt too.

Hi moinie,

No, I don't really know about the intralipid infusion schedule for the FET cycle, as I did not do it last year. Mine is natural conception one, and I needed the intralipid infusion due to immune system issues. So I am afraid that you will have to check on this with Dr Loh yourself, as I do not want to give you any misleading information. Hope that you understand.

He will answer all your questions you have for him. I prefered him when I was ttc-ing, as opposed to another gynae I went who was pretty strict n firm and "ordered" you to do this, do that... personal preference.during my ttc journey, he was v encouraging and assuring, i felt happier with him. My previous gynae didn't even find out abt my endo and assumed I was pcos based on my irregular menses. (Actually im not pcos, ate a lot of medication tt i didnt need). After dr loh did the first round of iui, he immediately booked a op for my endo after the blood test result was negative.

As he has a lot of patients, he will not usually make a lot of small talk with us, but rest assured tt he will answer all your questions. His humour can be a little "off/cold", If u know what I mean...

He may appear bo chup, but when serious issues crop up, he is really stern. I was pretty shocked when he sternly explained to me how serious some of my pregnancy complications are.

Anyway, u can go for your 1st appt first n see if there's chemistry. It's always best to have chemistry with your gynae so that you wouldn't dread the visit ( at least it applies to me).

Good luck with ttc! I know how tough it is. Baby dust to you dear!

Thanks Hun, it really warm my heart when I am reading your reply.
An encouraging and assuring gynae is indeed very important in ttc journey.

I am diagnosed with PCOs as well by current gynae from Parkway East, and she's been kind of "anyhow" when it comes to the treatment and/or medication - would just prescribe whatever I asked for her opinion - metformin and clomid for instance.

I honestly hope that Dr. Loh would be "the one" as it is really exhausted to change gynae one after each.

He is a very dedicated dr and will work 24hr 7 days per week for his patient. He replies email even in the middle of night and uses his lunch time to do surgery for Patient. He don't turn patient away and if u can wait he will see you despite his busy schedule which sometimes ppl will feel he is rushing through. I have frens who are not his patient n needed a jab middle of night due to spotting. They went to TMC 24 hr clinic n nurse will call him and he give permission to administer the support jab n squeeze in the patient schedule to see him the next day to make sure her bb is ok.

When I do Ivf n jab wrongly and was in a panic because of shortage of med, I emailed him and he went back to his clinic , called me to inform that he will place the med at TMC 24hr climic so I can go and collect. This is at 10pm at night.

He may appear aloof n tactless when talking but he is actually a nice n caring dr if U know him better. Sometimes he crack silly jokes which some ppl may feel offended but I personally feel this is his style. Chemistry btw dr n patient is impt too.

Thanks babe for that.
After reading what you ladies have shared, I am now feeling hopeful and kind of looking forward to see him.

:)

Hi moinie,

No, I don't really know about the intralipid infusion schedule for the FET cycle, as I did not do it last year. Mine is natural conception one, and I needed the intralipid infusion due to immune system issues. So I am afraid that you will have to check on this with Dr Loh yourself, as I do not want to give you any misleading information. Hope that you understand.
No problem tryingtoconceive2014. Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi moinie,

And if you have been reading lianhe zaobao (Chinese newspaper), you will have see that Dr Loh SF published an article on infertility issues and successful pregnancy chances after a miscarriage, both last week and this week, in the Thursday health section.

Do feel free to check it out. :)

Ladies, just got back from my appointment with Dr. Loh.
He's quite an easy guy I'd say.

I explained to him what happened, what my previous gynae told me and told him that I am kind of clueless what's happening.
He was kind of surprised when I said my gynae failed me directly on cd13 due to the follicle size.
He then told me that nobody has the right to tell anyone that the chances of getting pregnant is zero by just looking at the size of follicles as they can grow bigger throughout the cycles and not everyone's ovulating on cd14.

I quite like him.

He's prescribed me with clomid and metformin, shall see him again on cd12 next cycles.

Oh, and yeah, the waiting time is really long.
My appointment is 11am but I didn't get to see him until 12pm lol..

I explained to him what happened, what my previous gynae told me and told him that I am kind of clueless what's happening.
He was kind of surprised when I said my gynae failed me directly on cd13 due to the follicle size.
He then told me that nobody has the right to tell anyone that the chances of getting pregnant is zero by just looking at the size of follicles as they can grow bigger throughout the cycles and not everyone's ovulating on cd14.

I quite like him.

He's prescribed me with clomid and metformin, shall see him again on cd12 next cycles.

Glad your consultation with him went well and u got ur questions answered. 1 hr wait is considered short. I used to drop off my appointment card and told the nurse I'm going for my lunch. The nurse will then tell me the average waiting time. :p

Good luck!

Glad your consultation with him went well and u got ur questions answered. 1 hr wait is considered short. I used to drop off my appointment card and told the nurse I'm going for my lunch. The nurse will then tell me the average waiting time. :p

Good luck!

Haha, I was late for 10 minutes and was worrying that will cause the whole clinic to wait for me :p
Thanks babe, and hopefully am able to update here with my good news :)

Yes, am also under Dr Loh. He's a really dedicated and nice doctor.

Heard that he's having a Mandarin Fertility forum this Sat. Any mummies going?

I quite like him.

Hi Cantaloupe,

One hour wait is already considered very good really. In Thomson Medical Center (TMC), the wait is even more horrible. My hubby and I used to wait for minimum of 2 to 3.5 hours for our consultation. Just like one of the forum users said, we used to tell the nurse we are going off for lunch and to call my husband's number when it is nearly our turn, haha!!!!!!!

I just consulted Dr Loh at TFC today. IMO, he's quite jovial. I didn't bring any medical reports with me today but the treatment invoices instead. He joked about doctor 'loves' invoices and asked me to get the reports from KKH..oops. I asked for his opinion in blast transfer but he said that might be risky with current blast culture protocol. He advised me to do intralipid and aspirin for next FET.

Hi everyone, I seen Dr loh and he suggest to have ANOTHER lap. I had one 3 years ago due to endo. I have been trying for 2 +yr since then but still no success. My Endo came back within 1 yr since first lap. but was very small, gynaes is more concerned of my hydrosalpinx which was shown from hsg report last yr. I have advices from another gynae, he also suggest I do another lap to check and clear tube before proceeding to ivf. As my chances of success ivf now is very low. It's really a tough decision to make. On one hand I am concern of the low success rate if I proceed to ivf , on another I am afraid if I do another lap my eggs reserve will be greatly affected as it is the second time. And who knows maybe I will lose my tube. I have seeing tcm all this while but tcm perspective is don't go for lap. Just proceed to ivf. Really headache. Sorry for the long post as I am really lost and need some advices.

@mingkuk
Sorry to hear about this. If you are unsure abt the procedure, it's always best to seek second opinion.
Did you raise your concerns (wrt egg reserves & tube) with Dr Loh? Maybe he can answer your queries...
I'm not sure if lap will reduce egg reserve.. but I know lap helps to increase fertility coz the womb becomes "clean" & thus easier to conceive.
At the end of the day, only do the surgery if you are totally comfortable with it.
All the best in whatever decision you make.

Hugs babe.:)

Hi mingkuk, if egg reserves is a concern after lap. Is it possible to stim, retrieved and store them first? After you've recovered from lap then transfer? Not sure if this is an option. Maybe you can check with Dr Loh?

Hi LCL26, how long did u recover from lap?
Hi moinie, I thought of going ivf first then if the situation turns bad that is if water leaks to uterus which will prevent embryo to implant then maybe I can freeze the embryo and do a frozen cycle next time round after lap. But Dr loh did not give me this option actually. I think his concern is he don't want me to go through ivf procedure waste time and money for such a low success rate. Maybe I should go for another consultation to ask again. I think Dr loh must be thinking I super indecisive. His appointment date is always so far ahead.

I went for IUI #1 August 2014 under Dr Loh. When it was unsuccessful, he asked me to go for the lap surgery in Sept 2014. Dr Loh did ask me to try immediately but I didn't..(read online that it takes 3 months for the wound to fully recover, so I didn't take up his advice to ttc immediately)
Went for holiday and came back to do IUI #2 under Dr Loh in Nov 2014. It was unsuccessful and he wanted to start us on IVF immediately. I wasn't mentally prepared & money issue was a concern, so I told him I'll do IVF in June 2015.
Meanwhile, just tried to ttc on our own. I sort of gave up the idea of conceiving naturally after the 2 failed IUIs, so I was very blessed to have a positive test in March 2015.
Both hb and I had fertility issues, so I guess timing matters - I went for lap surgery & hb took multi vitamins to "bu" his soldiers...

LCL26 congrats !! Really good to hear that. I also hope miracle happen to me. What multi vitamins is your husband taking? I wish to buy for My hub as he has morph issue . I have trying to make call for appt with Dr loh clinic but no one pick up the phone :(
recently went for check up schedule by HR, ultrasound report says I have multiple physiological on both ovaries. And a haemorrhagic cyst in left. Nothing was mentioned regarding swollen tube or endometriosis. So I wan to seek his advise again before I make decision

Thanks @mingkuk
The multivitamin was given by Dr Loh. Not sure of the name though. His clinic always v busy, sometimes I just walk in and make appointment / call constantly until the nurses pick up my phone. Be sure to talk to the nurses directly, not those manning the hotline

Thanks @mingkuk
The multivitamin was given by Dr Loh. Not sure of the name though. His clinic always v busy, sometimes I just walk in and make appointment / call constantly until the nurses pick up my phone. Be sure to talk to the nurses directly, not those manning the hotline

Congratulations, babe!
I wrote him an email on Monday but till date I have yet to receive any reply.

Wondering if I should send him another?

How do you girls make appt to see Dr Loh? It seems like nobody ever picks up the call at his clinic and he doesn't reply my email. :(

Hi Faith, you may call the hotline, preferably before noon.
Sometimes the receptionists are busy and hence might miss your calls.

Just keep calling - I tried calling them for my first and next appointment, both before 1pm.

Alternatively, you may also make an appointment online via Thomson Medical's website.

With regards to the email thingy, I am facing the same issue as well, sent him one last week but no reply, so re-sent again on Monday, no reply still till date :(

Thanks Cantaloupe,
Been calling since yesterday. Even left a message with the hotline lady as the call gets forwarded if not answered. Never heard from the clinic too. I shall try the website. Thanks again!

Thanks Cantaloupe,
Been calling since yesterday. Even left a message with the hotline lady as the call gets forwarded if not answered. Never heard from the clinic too. I shall try the website. Thanks again!

No problem :)
I never believe leaving a message to the voice system, I'll just keep calling.

Good luck :)

Congratulations, babe!
I wrote him an email on Monday but till date I have yet to receive any reply.

Wondering if I should send him another?

Hi Cantaloupe,

Yes, please do so. I needed my latest immunology report from him after I had a blighted ovum (empty sac) in August last year, as he has transferred me to Dr Choolani, due to recurrent miscarriage history.

In fact, I sent him 4 e-mails in 2 days, before he replied me. :p

Finally made up my mind to have another lap with Dr loh. I am quite nervous and afraid actually. Would like to check how many nights did u gals stay in hospital? Is the pain manageable? Do u have to take painkiller to manage the pain?

Finally made up my mind to have another lap with Dr loh. I am quite nervous and afraid actually. Would like to check how many nights did u gals stay in hospital? Is the pain manageable? Do u have to take painkiller to manage the pain?

Hi mingkuk,

Well, I did lap 4 years ago, but then it was under Dr Sadhana in KK, and not Dr Loh. That time, I stayed 2 nights in the hospital, admitted 10 or 11 a.m. on the morning of the lap (Wed), and discharged on Friday after 5 p.m. The pain is manageable, but the nurse of my ward did tell me that I was having a mild fever on the night of the lap, and gave me antibiotics through IV drip to clear it. I was also given a course of oral antibiotics, I think about 7 days. I do not remember about taking painkillers though.

I did my lap surgrey under Dr Loh last year. It was a day surgery. Went tmc ard 9-1am and surgery was ard 1 pm +. Left tmc at 5 pm.

I think the length of stay depends the no of things he fix internally. Dr loh said I have to stay 1 night. The previous lap I stayed 2 nights because i requested my doctor to let me stay 1 more night because i don't want to feel the pain.
Any food I should not be eating before or after lap? gonna missed my workout session for at least 1 mth I think

Hi ,
Can I check for those of you whom have done lap surgery with Dr Loh? Is it very painful after it and how much is it?
Can it be claim by insurance?
Dr Loh says I needed to have one but I am very worried.

Hi Cantaloupe,

Yes, please do so. I needed my latest immunology report from him after I had a blighted ovum (empty sac) in August last year, as he has transferred me to Dr Choolani, due to recurrent miscarriage history.

In fact, I sent him 4 e-mails in 2 days, before he replied me. :p

Sigh, still no reply from him.
Guess I'll just keep all the questions and ask him face to face since I am seeing him on Thursday for my scan to check my follicles.
Hopefully this time round, with 100mg dosage of clomid + metformin, the sizes turn out well.

So nervous!

Hi Chris88, i did a lap to remove my cervical polyps in May, I did it at SGH under Dr Chua Hong Liang, he's a good Dr, i didnt feel any pain at all, i didnt need to take any painkiller either. not sure about yours, but mine was quite straight forward, he just removed the polyps and check on my Fallopian tubes to see if they were blocked. The surgery took about 1.5 hours. I was under general anesthesia.

Not very nice to talk about price and insurance claim here so I PM you lol

Hi ,
Can I check for those of you whom have done lap surgery with Dr Loh? Is it very painful after it and how much is it?
Can it be claim by insurance?
Dr Loh says I needed to have one but I am very worried.

Back