(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My bb always cry during bathe time. Cry until dap dry with towel.. Is it normal? She seems to hate water so much :( dunno how to soothe her. Bathe in the room with warm water. On the floor though.. Any suggestion?

What type of clothes does ur bb wear? My bb wear rompers and she kinda hate the clothes go thru her head.. Anyone has similar experience?

She also fart gas alot.. Super loud. Also poo 2-3x A day. Fully bm now. I supposed its still fine as bb poo color is OK. Yellow.. But it starts to smell.. Oops..

My boi also hates wearing thing thru the head, and especially hats! Cannot cover his precious head, if not will start squirming, if fail den he scream, lastly cry. At home i give loose t shirt or sleeveless.

Sigh the poo also like always weird weird n smells odd, but yes v normal.

LO when colicky will tend to clench fists and arch back...face may turn red as trying to gek the gas out. Once the gas is out, he will usually feel more relieved de. But gas dun cause colic though... Mainly due to air swallow due to excessive crying. LO will cry and cry even tho you have nursed, changed diapers, etc... No scientific reason what cause colic but it will pass after LO turns 3mths bah...

Hang in there! Jia you!

I wonder if i take too much ice cream or milk to cause his gas? Ya he clenches fist n arch back, but nv cries thou his face red n looks discomforting. Another 3+ wk to tahan! Hopefully ends soon.

Anyone using avent steriliser? How often do u steriliser ur parts and bottles? Do u store ur stuff inside there all the time (wet all the time) or somewhere else til dry?

I wash & sterilise every morning, den leave all inside. If need use any item i rinse with hot water. For my case cos too many bottles n parts so i jus leave inside.

Hello mummies! Anyone knows what PD advise when switching formula? Must transition switch or can I switch entirely since it is from same brand? - intending to switch from Nestle Nan Pro to Nan Ha.

Emmmm, gd question! I also wan to know...
Cos my kids i jus switch entirely from brand to brand, if cant accept den will transition switch but they alr 3-4 yrs den i switch.

My bb always cry during bathe time. Cry until dap dry with towel.. Is it normal? She seems to hate water so much :( dunno how to soothe her. Bathe in the room with warm water. On the floor though.. Any ..

@isenggirl, is it because the water too hot or too cold? Supposed all babies like to bath coz it give the feel like back into womb. If u r not sure with the temperature u can measure for about 37-38 C. Try to talk with ur baby also. Mine first few weeks always crying when take bath. Then I try to talk with bb or sing a song like rain rain drops from above, etc. bb loves it and smiles while looking at me.

My bb always cry during bathe time. Cry until dap dry with towel.. Is it normal? She seems to hate water so much :( dunno how to soothe her. Bathe in the room with warm water. On the floor though.. Any suggestion?

What type of clothes does ur bb wear? My bb wear rompers and she kinda hate the clothes go thru her head.. Anyone has similar experience?

She also fart gas alot.. Super loud. Also poo 2-3x A day. Fully bm now. I supposed its still fine as bb poo color is OK. Yellow.. But it starts to smell.. Oops..

I try not to bath my bb when is about time to drink milk or he is hungry. Other than that, he is happy n enjoying.

Anyone using avent steriliser? How often do u steriliser ur parts and bottles? Do u store ur stuff inside there all the time (wet all the time) or somewhere else til dry?

Pump parts i wash n sterilise only after 3times usage. After one pump, I will store inside lock lock box and put in fridge till e next pump.

Bottles after sterilise will take out n put aside on counter to dry n use. Then accumulate all e washed bottles inside steriliser till full then sterilise all together.

Got a mini scare this morning. My boy freed himself frm swaddle, and dunno how managed to kick or lift his beansprout pillow until landed on his face. He was making struggling noises till i woke up. Aiyo.

Got a mini scare this morning. My boy freed himself frm swaddle, and dunno how managed to kick or lift his beansprout pillow until landed on his face. He was making struggling noises till i woke up. Aiyo.
That is dangerous. Wa. Your boy can do kungfu.. i dun swaddle my boy ardy. Cos he always manage to free his hands, seems like i am restricting him..

Okay :) for example LO is 4.5kg..

Based on my first formula, she should be drinking (4.5 x 150* = 675 ml in a day).
Hence, per 3-hrly feed is ( 675ml / 8 feeds = 84.3 ml).

If the amount is not enough for baby, recalculate by mulptiplying by 160* instead of 150.

(4.5 x 160= 720 ml in a day)
(720 / 8= 90 ml per feed)
Is 150 or 160 the standard number to multiply? I wanna try multiply mine

my boy always can freed himself from swaddle even when he was 2 days old. Then I learn how to do super swaddle by locked up his hand behind so he cannot move his hand. He hardly freed himself if I did super swaddle. Now my boy getting bigger and my swaddle looks smaller, he get more power to freed himself also. lols....

How often does ur Lo suck his fingers or hands? Mine like open eyes keep sucking. :(
Mine suckle his fist like no tomorrow.. almost stuff his whole fist in. Initially I thot cos I took out his mitten so I put back and he continue sucking

Dear mummies, thanks for all your kind words.. think my LO is fine from the fall.. phew.. monitored her for 2 days and all seems ok.. thank god!

My girl likes to bathe! Every time while bathing, like @mylilsheep, I always sing song to her.. then she will look and smile at me.. quite enjoyable time actually! But same as @isenggirl & @furbee, she also don't like clothes that go thru her head.. zzz.. and I have so many of those kind of clothes! So whenever possible, I will let her wear the button ones.. or do a super fast action when putting the rompers over her head to minimize her cries lor..

Haha i am quite
Is 150 or 160 the standard number to multiply? I wanna try multiply mine
hello. Actually theres a range with 150 being the lower bound (but the norm used by doctors) and 200 being the upper bound. Usually is just multiplu by 150 and 160 is recommended by my pd to introduce a more subtle increment (if 150 seems not enough) so as nt to strain baby's tummy :)

But I multiply seems wrong. My bb is 6kg Now..and drinks 100 to 110. Sometimes 120
6kg x 150= 900ml in a day
Per 3 hourly feed is 112.5 ml
Hence its close to what ur bb is taking.

Bt of cos this formula is just a gauge for mums who want to know if bb is taking in enough. Each baby's growth and demand is still different hence need to consider whether he is taking in milk ok w no vomiting and is sleeping well etc

my baby is 5 kg. I have been giving him 120 ml per feed for formula. But if breastfeed, dunno how much he takes. But my bm is on the lower side. So I always give more for fm, at least he can feel fuller.

Very dangerous leh.. My boi also like tat once when he was swaddled. Now i nv swaddle him, i place the beannie under his arms.. Lucky u was awken by him.. If u swaddle him, pls dun put anything on his body!! They r very strong!! Macho boys...

6kg x 150= 900ml in a day
Per 3 hourly feed is 112.5 ml
Hence its close to what ur bb is taking.

Bt of cos this formula is just a gauge for mums who want to know if bb is taking in enough. Each baby's growth and demand is still different hence need to consider whether he is taking in milk ok w no vomiting and is sleeping well etc

Wow quite accurate.. I giving 120-140ml too. I feel if bb DL will drink more

It's amazing how babies can kick/move so much while sleeping.

My this #3 is like her oldest sister (#1). Both of them can kick and move so much that their sleeping position changed. Example: You put them sleeping straight in the playpen, & the next morning you see them lying 90 degrees to the original position. My #1 lagi best. She can turn 180 degrees while sleeping. At 5yo now,she still can. Haha. Only #2 can sleep still more.

He seems to sleep easier while being swaddled leh, if not the arms and legs flinging here n there. Maybe i dun put e pillow anymore, didnt realise his kungfu moves so solid :/

It's amazing how babies can kick/move so much while sleeping.

My this #3 is like her oldest sister (#1). Both of them can kick and move so much that their sleeping position changed. Example: You put them sleeping straight in the playpen, & the next morning you see them lying 90 degrees to the original position. My #1 lagi best. She can turn 180 degrees while sleeping. At 5yo now,she still can. Haha. Only #2 can sleep still more.

Haha my kids aso liddat! If give them slp queen size bed can turn everywhere! I gave my #1 sleep the small toddler ikea bed she cant turn but keep knocking her head, arms, legs till bruise.
Ur #2 sleep in cot ? I duno if i shld get playpen cos my hse v tiny, no space to even walk, but also afraid if no proper play for bb to play during d day..

Side track abit. Where do i get pjs for a 4yo ah? Mothercare dun hv for bigger kids le, and all my gal's pjs now too tight, like bao ba zhang!

My LO also hate it when I put clothes over her head. She will struggle and make it more difficult for me. Very stressful to dress her. Have to put aside romper that's too fitting cos difficult to wear thru the head and she will cry.

Side track abit. Where do i get pjs for a 4yo ah? Mothercare dun hv for bigger kids le, and all my gal's pjs now too tight, like bao ba zhang!

Uniqlo! I only buy when theres offer... City square mall got lots of variety.

Mummies...
How much do you feed your 1 month old baby? And how often?

Is 90ml every 2-3 hours enough?

My baby's demanding for milk every 1 and a half hour now lately...

Mummies...
How much do you feed your 1 month old baby? And how often?

Is 90ml every 2-3 hours enough?

My baby's demanding for milk every 1 and a half hour now lately...

Do u bf, give ebm or fm? Mayb can increase 20ml n c how bb reacts, if no reflux den maintain. Best is not to overfeed. Wen my bb was 1mth, he drank 130-150ml n puke many times a day. After decreasing he looks better n can hold 2.5-3hrs (90-100ml max).
If u monitor n still wan increase can do so 10-20ml each time. :) hope it helps

Oh, i realise ur bb might b experiencing growth spurt at 4wk old!

Last edited:
Mummies, jus to share i bought this bb holey top at uniqlo, i think offer $8.90 - $12.90 for 2 or 3 pc, i forgot. But its very comfy n cooling for day use..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 176
I used baby oil dab on the cradle cap..wait for it to soften before I gently rub it off. Some will easily rubbed off. for those not off, repeat next day.. dun forcefully peel or rub it

Yawn.. I am so sleepy but my bb is still half asleep.. Today she poo 3x. Keep changing her diapers. I feed her 100ml but nowadays she seems still awake after feeding. But at times she could only finish 80ml and rejected the ebm already. Dunno how to gauge her intake leh.. She is 6 weeks old, 4.4kg.

Ya can use baby oil or olive oil to dab.. Detinox cradle cap shampoo works, but dun smell v gd. Usual wks to mths to totally recover.

@isenggirl some times bb jus wan to play, they can really make do without slp! If she cant finish den rest 30minsnden offer herr again lor, at least not wasted by throwing the ebm....

some times bb jus wan to play, they can really make do without slp! If she cant finish den rest 30minsnden offer herr again lor, at least not wasted by throwing the ebm....
@furbee, if give ebm to bb then bb cannot finish one time after 30 min still can give to bb meh? Cannot reheat right?

Dun need reheat! Ebm i also throw after 1hr same as @isenggirl . So within tat hour can slowly feed baby, let bb rest awhile burp in btw the feed. For fresh bm can last 3hr room temperature.

Mummies, im worried and frustrated. Last week, i spotted a small strand of eyelash in baby's eye. Bt as babies like to move their eyes about so quickly, we lost track of the eyelash. Called the pd clinic and they say crying may flush the eyelash out naturally. So we didnt bring her to pd cos i dont wanna appear paranoid and she seems ok. Today, i spotted a longer strand (like 1.5cm?) of hair in her eye and got a shock! I immediately tried to flush some saline into her eye bt the hair did not come out. Im worried becos even for adults, an eyelash in our eye can cause irritation and pain. What more for LO. Bt nanny dismisses me and say i must have seen wrongly (cos baby blinked n hair is gone again argh!). shld i bring her to the pd/ a&e? I dont wanna appear paranoid cos hubby n nanny both couldnt see it bt i swear its there. Argh

@Twirlycandy , i googled and this method seems to work fr lots of mummies. Maybe can try.

1. Grab a clean kleenex and use the tip to grab the eyelash/hair out.
2. If that doesn't work, wet a thin wash cloth with warm water and gently dab it out.
3. If that doesn't work, fill a syringe bulb with water and flush it out. Tilt your baby to one side (the same side as the affected eye) and place a towel underneath your baby's face to catch the excess water.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/191538-how-to-remove-an-object-from-the-eye-of-a-newborn/

Got ppl suggest squirting bm also. U monitor as long not red itchy and bb not cranky maybe it dropped out. My bb normally will tears den it will drop to the lower lid den i pull open n take out. If really still there den maybe jus pop by the pd and let them do the squirting of water etc...

@Twirlycandy , i googled and this method seems to work fr lots of mummies. Maybe can try.

1. Grab a clean kleenex and use the tip to grab the eyelash/hair out.
2. If that doesn't work, wet a thin wash cloth with warm water and gently dab it out.
3. If that doesn't work, fill a syringe bulb with water and flush it out. Tilt your baby to one side (the same side as the affected eye) and place a towel underneath your baby's face to catch the excess water.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/191538-how-to-remove-an-object-from-the-eye-of-a-newborn/

Got ppl suggest squirting bm also. U monitor as long not red itchy and bb not cranky maybe it dropped out. My bb normally will tears den it will drop to the lower lid den i pull open n take out. If really still there den maybe jus pop by the pd and let them do the squirting of water etc...
Thanks dear for the suggestions! We tried tilting her to one side and dripping saline in a syringe in hope the hair will be flushed out so we can 'catch' it. Bt ended up squirting onto her face cos she was very squirmy and fussing away. Mission failed ): i checked her eyes. Nt red nor watery. Just very 'gao wei' to see tt in her eyes if u know what i meant. Haha. Somemore her lashes very long, totally blocked my view of whats in her eye. Sigh. Maybe later i try bm method haha thanks anyway!

Yes i noe, even i see abit nose shyt in my lo nose i sure mus get it out!! Now all u do is stare at her right? Waiting to catch a glimsp of the hair, n even to faster catch it out! Hopefully it dropped out liao ..

Yes i noe, even i see abit nose shyt in my lo nose i sure mus get it out!! Now all u do is stare at her right? Waiting to catch a glimsp of the hair, n even to faster catch it out! Hopefully it dropped out liao ..
Hahaha u r spot on! I really kept staring at her esp while feeding. Bt its gone. Cannot see liao ):

How now? Guess if nv c means gone liao.. The more u c, all the more cant find. Let it go...x2. Hehe

Mummies who latch bb, how long does bb drink??
Every time I latch bb, she only suckles for about 10mins, never more than 15mins. After 8-10mins, She will let go and refuse to suck even I push nipple into her mouth.

Back