IVF/ICSI Support Group

btw how long will the doc ask us to rest after a failed FET medicated? I will have to embark on a 2nd fresh for the next round sigh

I poas on sat and sun and BFN. supersianz, anyone has any advice on how soon can we start fresh after a failed FET?
Im on tight schedule as Im reaching 40 end of Nov. :(

I poas on sat and sun and BFN. supersianz, anyone has any advice on how soon can we start fresh after a failed FET?
Im on tight schedule as Im reaching 40 end of Nov. :(
Hi j_snow, how many days are u in now? Maybe still early...

I had my BT at 740 today but till now still havent called me.. my heart now 7 up 8 down.. :( :(

Hi everyone...Would like to share my experience with all of you as a motivation.

I did my first IVF in 2013, failed.
Had no eggs left so went for second IVF in feb 2014, FAILED.
Had three Frozen Embryos left.
Changed Doctor to Dr HH Tan.
He suggested i go for Hysteroscopy.
Found to have Polyps.Removed in April 2014.
In May 2014, Did my First FET, Succeeded.
Gave birth to a beautiful princess in Jan.
Went to see Dr Tan on 25th June and he told me if i would like to go for IVF again.
I fixed my Date on November.
And then came a surprise..
Found out that I am pregnant again Naturally on 3rd July!!
Could not believe it!!

Hope every one here will be blessed soon. If you did not succeed, Dun give up!!
One day, You will be jumping in joy. :)

Hi everyone...Would like to share my experience with all of you as a motivation.

Went to see Dr Tan on 25th June and he told me if i would like to go for IVF again.
Could not believe it!!

Congras santhiya!!

Ladies, jus received a call from the nurse.. i have passed the mark!! Wishing all ladies here all the best n babydusts to all!!

Hi j_snow, how many days are u in now? Maybe still early...

I had my BT at 740 today but till now still havent called me.. my heart now 7 up 8 down.. :( :(

Oh dear, I can understand how you feel. I confirm wn't be able to work.
Im already 11dp3dt on sat and 12dp3dt on sun. so the poaa should be quite accurate. PLUS all the cramps and spotting have all gone.

btw congrats!! :)

Could not believe it!!

Congrats Santhiya!! I remember I started my first cycle around same time as your successful FET. If I remember correctly you switch from Dr Sadhana to Dr Tan right? I am now on my 2ww and hope to grab your baby dust! :)

Oh dear, I can understand how you feel. I confirm wn't be able to work.
Im already 11dp3dt on sat and 12dp3dt on sun. so the poaa should be quite accurate. PLUS all the cramps and spotting have all gone
btw congrats!! :)

Thanks.. !! I remember i have spotting on 12dp2dt.. jus tiny weeny bit but i tested after 2 days.. maybe late implantation as i remember Shinkirou also late implantatiom on day 12.. so dun give up hope... ok?

Congrat wondersss..:) take care!!!

Grabbing ur bb dust now!!! I oso hope to join u soon...:)

Thanks jas n ginny!! Jiayou.. relax rest...join me join me!!

Congrats @wondersss when is ur next appt?

Thks! My appt is on the 21st jul.. how abt u?

Congrats Santhiya!! I remember I started my first cycle around same time as your successful FET. If I remember correctly you switch from Dr Sadhana to Dr Tan right? I am now on my 2ww and hope to grab your baby dust! :)
hi!!! nice to hear that you remember me!! yes..i switch from Dr Sadhana to Dr HH Tan cos she was not helpful at all...
Dun worry.. You will succeed soon.Wish u all the best!! Babydusts to u!! :D

Dear sisters,

I'm feeling so upset...

I'm stimming at 425 puregon and 150 Menopur... Tdy is my day 12 of stims...

Last Friday, I have 2 follicles on the left, (13, 13). Tdy I scan, (16, 15)

As for right side, Friday was ( 14, 11.3, 8.5), Tdy (15.5, 11)

My follicles are hardly growing and some r shrinking... Dr Loh says it could be because the eggs r not good....

Anyone has this experience before? Follicles shrink or grow very slow?

Last edited:
Thanks.. !! I remember i have spotting on 12dp2dt.. jus tiny weeny bit but i tested after 2 days.. maybe late implantation as i remember Shinkirou also late implantatiom on day 12.. so dun give up hope... ok?

16 counting down ;)

hi!!! nice to hear that you remember me!! yes..i switch from Dr Sadhana to Dr HH Tan cos she was not helpful at all...
Dun worry.. You will succeed soon.Wish u all the best!! Babydusts to u!! :D
Haha yes remembered cos I was searching on reviews on Dr Sadhana and came upon your post. I switch to Dr Tan for 2nd cycle and had better results although it ended in miscarriage. Now just hope my third try will end in live birth! Thanks for your baby dusts!!! ;)

Dear sisters,

I'm feeling so upset...

My follicles are hardly growing and some r shrinking... Dr Loh says it could be because the eggs r not good....

Tsf, this time round I yield much lesser eggs and they were growing quite slow too. First scan I had 6 follicles then last 2 days I had 7 but at retrieval only had 5. U try to eat more eggs and proteins see if it helps.

What did Dr Loh suggest you do? Did u do saizen jab?

Tsf, this time round I yield much lesser eggs and they were growing quite slow too. First scan I had 6 follicles then last 2 days I had 7 but at retrieval only had 5. U try to eat more eggs and proteins see if it helps.

What did Dr Loh suggest you do? Did u do saizen jab?
Can u share ur follicular development?
I did saizen, and didn't work for me.

I take 5 egg whites and red bean soup daily... Dun think it helps...

Last edited:

Thanks wondersss....but im trying not to be too optimistic cos my timeline is totally wrong.
I had cramps and spotting on 8dp3dt and on off spotting till 10dp3dt. The suspense is killing me so i did poas on 11dp3dt in the afternoon which shows BFN, so i thought of doing another poas in the morning of 12dp3dt and another BFN. now i very irregular in my inserts cos already gave up hope.

Now want to quicky get over the blood test so they can schedule me a date with doc asap.

Can u share ur follicular development?
I did saizen, and didn't work for me.

I take 5 egg whites and red bean soup daily... Dun think it helps...

The below are by follicular development and by D12 scan, I have 2 huge follicle, 1 at 23 and 1 at 20. Don't know why these 2 follicle suddenly grow so fast and even though the rest were at 16 to 18, they had to retrieve them for me. Optimal size for me was at 20 as I have problem with egg maturity. Overall I retrieved 5 follicles, 2 immature and 3 fertilised but only 2 usable as 1 was abnormal with 2 nucleus.

D5 scan:
Lining 5.7mm
Right: 7,5,4
Left: 8, 7.5, 5.5

D8 scan:
Lining 5.7mm
Right: 11.5, 8.5, 4
Left: 13.5, 8.5, 8

D9 scan:
Lining 5.7mm
Right: 13.5, 11, 6.5, 5.5
Left: 14, 13, 8.5

Don't give up k? Stay positive.. I know it's hard cos at times I succumb to the negative side and start to worry. Hang in there and trust Dr Loh to help you. :)

The below are by follicular development and by D12 scan, I have 2 huge follicle, 1 at 23 and 1 at 20. Don't know why these 2 follicle suddenly grow so fast and even though the rest were at 16 to 18, they had to retrieve them for me. Optimal size for me was at 20 as I have problem with egg maturity. Overall I retrieved 5 follicles, 2 immature and 3 fertilised but only 2 usable as 1 was abnormal with 2 nucleus.

D5 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

D8 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

D9 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

Don't give up k? Stay positive.. I know it's hard cos at times I succumb to the negative side and start to worry. Hang in there and trust Dr Loh to help you. :)
Thanks for the detailed sharing. Ur follicular development seems normal at 1-2mm a day.

Congrats santhiya....am soooo happy for u dear. We were cycle buddies last year. Well i am still trying for that little one... yet to sustain a pregnancy tho preggy twice. Am grabbing tonnes of yr baby dusts. Take care and have a safe smooth 9 months ahead:)

Dear sisters,

I'm feeling so upset...

Tsf yr numbers don't look bad at all. Maybe another 2 days stim n u might have to 5 eggs. ..be positive. ..dot be sad pls

Dear sisters,

I'm feeling so upset...

tsf0205,
But the sizes still seem ok. Press on. Dun give up. I tried for a 3rd cycle fresh but ended up aborting the cycle cos my follicles had overgrown aft the 1st scan. Even aft injected blocker still could not suppressed. Nurse and dr said due to hormonal imbalanced.

I jus went to buy a diffuser with geranium essential oil. Happened to come across online that this oil is good for women's hormones. I hope it does help. I also bought a book written by a Dr that how maintaining good hormones can help conception. Maybe the warriors here can try focusing on improving all our hormones. ☺jus some of my tots.

Is Dr jerry chan gd? I receive letter they change my appt from 28oct to 30oct from Dr matthew Lau to Dr Jerry Chan
Dr Matthew Lau is going for 2 years long leave. I was also referred to Dr Jerry Chan have been trying to find out on his success rate but not much information

Dr Matthew Lau is going for 2 years long leave. I was also referred to Dr Jerry Chan have been trying to find out on his success rate but not much information
Yes. I heard from the nurse that Dr. Matthew is going on 2 years leave. During my 2nd cycle, Dr. Jerry Chan did the ER for me as Dr. Matthew was overseas for a work trip. Dr. Jerry seemed to be a very good doc. Friendly and professional. Furthermore, after the ER, I had almost zero pain unlike my 2 other cycles' ER. So I think he should be good. I don't mind going under him for my FET. I will only know when I see Dr. Matthew on 22th July.

Thanks for the detailed sharing. Ur follicular development seems normal at 1-2mm a day.

Maybe I was comparing to my previous cycle. Everything was slower and I had to stim longer. I feel that stress plays a part. I had been rather stress at work during the stim period.

Like all the others said, your numbers look ok and I believe u got more eggs this time round right?

don't be sad k?

Maybe I was comparing to my previous cycle. Everything was slower and I had to stim longer. I feel that stress plays a part. I had been rather stress at work during the stim period.

Like all the others said, your numbers look ok and I believe u got more eggs this time round right?

don't be sad k?
Hi hopeful13, yes I'm quite stressed with work during my period of stimming... Haven't been sleeping well and feel tired also... I guess all of these have affected my cycle... But really can't help it.... Dr Loh not very optimistic, even my tcm also say I need more days of stimming... But oredi 12 days liao...

Hi hopeful13, yes I'm quite stressed with work during my period of stimming... Haven't been sleeping well and feel tired also... I guess all of these have affected my cycle... But really can't help it.... Dr Loh not very optimistic, even my tcm also say I need more days of stimming... But oredi 12 days liao...

Maybe u stim a couple more days? Maybe take a few days of these days? I realise my follicles grew faster on last 2 days as it was weekend and lesser stress. Hang in there..

din see your msg. was there ard 920am n left by 10am. lining is 4.8mm which Dr says it's normal. most likely ET will be next week. next scan is Thurs.

Hi, Juz got the time to reply u again.. I was there fr 930am to 1015am. m sure we wld hv seen each other.. I was 1 of the 3 girls who got called by the nurse to do scan @ the sperm bank there.. She called my name so loud while I made my way fr the other end of the room.. :-S

Anyway, I oso need to go back again for scan on Thursday + increase 1 more tablet of progynova..

Hopefully we can confirm our ET date after thurs scan..

Was it? I missed my Q coz went for bf with my hubby so had to jump Q abit. Thursday will b down early coz I hv to rush back office. But hubby said he no longer accompanying me coz quite a waste of his time & he doesn't get MC. Altho I'm fine visiting alone, which I hv done before several times , Think this time he's also giving up. Haiz...

Maybe u stim a couple more days? Maybe take a few days of these days? I realise my follicles grew faster on last 2 days as it was weekend and lesser stress. Hang in there..
Hopeful13, my follicles growth actually slow down during weekend! Haiz... Dunno what to do.

Hopeful13, my follicles growth actually slow down during weekend! Haiz... Dunno what to do.
Hi tsf0205, dun b too upset...slow n steady growth may end up gd quality eggs...mine was quite ok in growth but end up quality no gd...not sure if is the stimm drug that im using..

D5 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

D8 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

D9 scan:
Lining 5.7mm

Hi,

Just curious, how u got the details down? U ask the nurse to give u the reading?

Hi,

Just curious, how u got the details down? U ask the nurse to give u the reading?

Hahah I memorise!! Then see the doc for review she show me the paper, I confirm the number again. Then when I come out, quickly type into my Hp.. :D

On my first review, it was a trainee doc talking to me and when she show me the paper, she ask me "u ok with the number?" Quite funny qns I find. I was like, can I say no? Hahah

Hi all,
Just got blood test result. It negativeso sad....
Will take a break first... Then wil go for my first frozen later. Hope it will survive till then. Best of luck for the rest of u!! Jiayou!!!

Hi all,
Will take a break first... Then wil go for my first frozen later. Hope it will survive till then. Best of luck for the rest of u!! Jiayou!!!
Hi Laoshi, sorry to hear that. Go for a good break and get your mind off IVF and ttc. Come back stronger k? Jia you..

Hi all,
I understand... I had my negative BT on Monday. Will take a break too and then probably do my FET in Dec.

Back