MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

I'm very sad... Now both twins are in special care and girl is on drip because she keeps regurgitating her milk. Now I pray and hope my supply come in so that she can have breast milk... She probably can't take the formula

Oh no! Is she on premmie formula? My girls were born 1.92 and 2.48kg. Yours very good weight Liao. They were put on similar neosure for premmie low birth weight babies. Try eating oatmeal, fenugreek. I think it helps to bring in milk. Or If you really want, I think can ask dr for some medication to make milk come in sooner. I never use before but I read on some breast feeding forums got such a medication.

congrats to mummies who just delivered.... looking forward to mine in Sept.... but have been experiencing tummy pain and hardening feelings.... not sure if this is so-called the contractions feel or babies moving around in my tummy?... abit worried when the pain gets too often at times esp when i'm lying in bed.....

also can I ask, anyone here got baby cot name Happy Dream 4-in-1? Baby World fair coming up selling this at $289...comes with 4" foam mattress excluding bedsheet set... comparing this with the Child Care Sussex Cot Bed selling at Taka currently.... however can't find many reviews on this Sussex Cot Bed.

1. Breast milk tea - check
2. Pump every 3 hours - check
3. Take fernugreek - check
Only a few drops each time I pump... Whole day of pumping only 30 ml.. 5 days after delivery...
Normal??

Hi mummies... My wife jus complain tats a it of discharge wif a bit bit blood... Should I be concern? Anyone knows why?

Hi everyone, went to doc today for checkup at 18weeks and 4days. I'm having twin girls :p:D... but they are prone to TTTS :(. I will go to Raffles Hospital for the Fetal Anomaly Scan at 20wks. Doctor said it will cost me 500sgd :(:(. I think its too expensive.. Wondering if I can go to other hospital to do the scan but where to get the recommendation letter...

we paid close to $400 at kkh. but mine is triplet pregnancy. price is calculated by number of bb. recommendation letter can get from your regular GP.

congrats to mummies who just delivered.... looking forward to mine in Sept.... but have been experiencing tummy pain and hardening feelings.... not sure if this is so-called the contractions feel or babies moving around in my tummy?... abit worried when the pain gets too often at times esp when i'm lying in bed.....

also can I ask, anyone here got baby cot name Happy Dream 4-in-1? Baby World fair coming up selling this at $289...comes with 4" foam mattress excluding bedsheet set... comparing this with the Child Care Sussex Cot Bed selling at Taka currently.... however can't find many reviews on this Sussex Cot Bed.

hi twinklesx2

i'm 25 weeks now. i am also having lower tummy pain quite frequently. its like a dull constant pain deep in the pelvis (don't think contractions are like that). it's not that i cannot bear the pain.. its just that it makes me worry cos i don't know what is happening! wonder if you are feeling the same kinda pain....?

@ joshua, could it be tt mucous plug coming out? How many weeks are ur wife in now? Keep monitoring cos once mucous plug is out, delivery could be these few days or weeks... If u do have any further concern, call the clinic...

Gosh...i just discharged from hospital today...was with appendicitis it is no wonder i was so in pain! Tot my c sect wound infection!

@triplet_dad congrats! I was also initially with 3sacs then became 2 of which i am already sooo thankful for! Cannot think how to handle 3on a plane back lol

@oohlahlah my boy also threw up his fm..cos i was in hospital on thursday and up till now my bm in freezer drank finished already and he didn like taste of fm so threw up 2x already so far..merlion out everything..so poor thing as he is already small to begin with:(

@ellesie maybe massage the nipples first to let milk flow?

@joshua are they accompanied with cramps? Which week is ur wife at now?

Gosh...i just discharged from hospital today...was with appendicitis it is no wonder i was so in pain! Tot my c sect wound infection!

@triplet_dad congrats! I was also initially with 3sacs then became 2 of which i am already sooo thankful for! Cannot think how to handle 3on a plane back lol

@oohlahlah my boy also threw up his fm..cos i was in hospital on thursday and up till now my bm in freezer drank finished already and he didn like taste of fm so threw up 2x already so far..merlion out everything..so poor thing as he is already small to begin with:(

@ellesie maybe massage the nipples first to let milk flow?

@joshua are they accompanied with cramps? Which week is ur wife at now?

well, for a start, a week before the actual initial scan, the doc said only can see 1 sac, and something blur underneath.... next thing we know, the actual scan itself show 3 heart beats! *faint

Hi all twin mummies, can i check anyone here fail the gestation diabetes test (as in not within the normal range)?

I failed mine.. 169(9.3)
Normal range max 140 (7.7)

Hope to hear advises.

Last edited:
Hi twin mummies, how do you manage to fit 2 car seats into the car together with 4-5 adults? Which stroller and how does it fit into the car?

Keep pumping... Pumping... Pumping....

As my gal is still in hospital, I'm giving her all the breastmilk I pump while the boy is taking 100% formula...
congrats! im opposite u..my girl 100%fm and boy on ebm hehe..but this 1week+ i hv been giving both fm as i was in and out hospitals with iv antibotics drips and now after appendix op so no choice..fm lor

hi twinklesx2

i'm 25 weeks now. i am also having lower tummy pain quite frequently. its like a dull constant pain deep in the pelvis (don't think contractions are like that). it's not that i cannot bear the pain.. its just that it makes me worry cos i don't know what is happening! wonder if you are feeling the same kinda pain....?

Yes I experienced that as well.... asked doc but she only ask me to observe... if the pain gets too frequent and regular, go to the hospital immediately. And regular means every hour or 30min for few times.... consistently.... been trying to console myself that it's due to my pelvic bones expending....

recently during a detailed scan it revealed that 1 of my twin is not growing as well.. not putting on enough weight and the measurement on her waist is below avg... to a 'dangerous' level... instead of gng for monthly check up, i'm scheduled for weekly follow-up to check on her growth... hopping she'll pick up on her growth otherwise i'll hv to deliver both babies v early... only at my week 24th now... =(

Yes I experienced that as well.... asked doc but she only ask me to observe... if the pain gets too frequent and regular, go to the hospital immediately. And regular means every hour or 30min for few times.... consistently.... been trying to console myself that it's due to my pelvic bones expending....

recently during a detailed scan it revealed that 1 of my twin is not growing as well.. not putting on enough weight and the measurement on her waist is below avg... to a 'dangerous' level... instead of gng for monthly check up, i'm scheduled for weekly follow-up to check on her growth... hopping she'll pick up on her growth otherwise i'll hv to deliver both babies v early... only at my week 24th now... =(

oh no, wishing you all the best. what kind of twins is yours? mine is the identical type, sharing placenta but separate sacs.

Yes I failed my gestational diabetes test. I got 8 plus also considered as failed. Yrs is 9 plus.

Advises is to go for diet control. I went for the KK course and got a meter to test my blood each time before and after I eat. Control yr sugar if not the risks go to u and ur child as I was told.

Yes I failed my gestational diabetes test. I got 8 plus also considered as failed. Yrs is 9 plus.

Advises is to go for diet control. I went for the KK course and got a meter to test my blood each time before and after I eat. Control yr sugar if not the risks go to u and ur child as I was told.

At which week were u all checked for GD?

Same here.
Mine was even higher - about 11!

They got me to monitor my diet to check the range of glucose levels after food, just to make sure it can be controlled. If can't be controlled through diet, then they would have probably asked me to take insulin.

I was checked at about 29 - 30 weeks or so.

hello anyone here tried claiming MediShield for NICU charges at pte hospital? It's stated as up to 900 per day for NICU charges but 100% sure how it works.

@yyf ... It's $450/day/baby... My twins jus discharge today... Total bill for 7 night stay in NICU in Mt E Novena is about $22k before medisave. Totally medisave deduction is $7200.

N I will be sharing about my dismay experience wif MEN soon... I would seriously discourage any mummies to deliver ur babies there...

@yyf ... It's $450/day/baby... My twins jus discharge today... Total bill for 7 night stay in NICU in Mt E Novena is about $22k before medisave. Totally medisave deduction is $7200.

N I will be sharing about my dismay experience wif MEN soon... I would seriously discourage any mummies to deliver ur babies there...

Hi Joshua, so you paid $7.2k after medisave deduction for nicu? Look forward to your sharing.. delivering next mth end!

@joshua hi which week were you at when you deliver? 22k for only NICU charges for 7 nights?? I called CPF and they said us to register babies immediately so that they are covered by medishield for NICU charges. However it seeems for private hospital its only 35% coverage. The 450/day is standard deduction from your cps anyway. Keen to hear your story on MEN too.

@joshua So that's about $15k out of pocket just for NICU at MEN for 7 nights. Meaning about $1k per baby per night? I hope to hear your experiences with MEN soon. I'm expecting twins and undecided between MEN, Mt A or NUH.

I also one of my twins -smaller one was IUGR some growth restriction thingy..i also needed weekly checkups towards the end and in the middle part tri2 my placenta to my that twin who is smaller has some blood flow restrictions aka notch..try to rest more put feet up and try to eat more protein foods now to bulk up weight, u can try asking ur gynae if he suggest any steriods jabs to mature bbs lungs

Gal not discharged yet. Last Friday they found blood streaks in her stools so put her on drip again without milk and did several tests. Nothing wrong with the tests so the doctor suspect is allergy to cow milk... So now I need to pump pump pump and channel all my breastmilk to her.

How much milk were your babies drinking at 2 weeks old?

YES, NCIU care is very expensive. I was initially on Private Care at KKH, and downgraded cos I am expecting triplets.

I heard from a friend who's wife works at KKH that some of the bills are pretty huge. He gave me some figures:

twin babies premature birth staying in NCIU for 30 days
$1k per day = 30k per baby which is actually 60k for twins

Apparently, his wife has seen bills as high as 200-300k, not sure how this comes about, but WOW!!! 200-300k??!!??

Anyhow, NCIU daily charges are pegged to the class of the ward that mummy selects, so if mummy wants an A class ward, that babies' daily rate is higher
than a mummy that selects C class ward. In actual, the babies receive all round same care regardless of ward, but when billed, it is pegged to mummy's class.

Attached is the breakdown for obstetrics in KKH - for your information:

Attachments

• Obstetrics - KKH inpatient.pdf
    692.5 KB · Views: 647
Hi @triplet_dad, if mummy delivers in subsidised class (B2 or C class) babies will be considered under subsidy. Can the mummy after delivery opt for upgrade to private (A class) while babies remain as subsidised? I'm also worried about the indefinite bills from twins.

no, i checked it out before, bb follow mummy's class... we also thought of this, :(. hubby wanted me to have slightly better treatment,
but no choice... for sake of reduced bill, i will sacrifice a little comfort.

Im currently under tmc. Outplan is anytime before week 37, we will go govt hospital, b2 or c ward. And of babies are ok, probably I will request to upgrade? Provided got better rooms then. Anytime after week 37, we are comfortable to deliver at tmc.

Thanks @triplet_dad for the clarification. Guess it'll be best for me to go subsidised route. Dr has already preempt me that I may need to be warded early and premature birth. Would rather sacrifice my comfort to save these extra expenses for my babies education.

Thanks @triplet_dad for the clarification. Guess it'll be best for me to go subsidised route. Dr has already preempt me that I may need to be warded early and premature birth. Would rather sacrifice my comfort to save these extra expenses for my babies education.

yes, for twins/triplets, all doctors will preempt that there will be a chance for premature birth. definitely worth the sacrifice for the sake of our babies. ;)

My experience with MEN...

My wife went into unexpected labour on 27th June... @ 34 Weeks + 4 days.

- after the check at gynae, was sent to MEN delivery ward to be monitored by CTG
- nurses at the delivery ward wasn't entirely friendly... Giving the kind of I know "what you are going through so no need to say much" (bad)
- after few hours... Mid wife check and found 4cm dilated
- all the nurses activated to prep my wife for emergency C-Sect (good)
- DFY was super assuring as my wife was pretty emotional
- wheel in and did the surgery... Nurses behind me was commenting "orgh... Baby breach"... I was already very nervous and that comment did not help at all at that juncture (bad)
- after 30 mins... Baby pop n wheel over to NICU

Admission
- totally unprofessional!!!
- took freaking 2hrs to just do admission!!!
- admission officers were not sure which "package" I am suppose to be in... Delivery ward did not feed the info properly too... Complete communication break down and make me very suspicious whether they know what they are doing and charging me properly or not
- finally found out which "package" my boys shd be in... And then advice that the estimated bill size shd be $11k+/baby and require to collect a deposit. And guess wat... The deposit is the full estimated amount of $22K!!!!! (I dun remember Mt A pre-collect the NICU charges for my elder one)
- then when I tell them I can't paying $22k now... She gave me a response "then what is the amount you want to pay." With the kind of look... No money still come here.
- ended paying 10k deposit

At Level 9 Maternity Ward,
- nurses were generally ok...
- but I still feel Mt A nurses still more caring

NICU
- I really hated one nurse... (Forgot to get her name) her face totally show that "I dun enjoy my job" and always very "smelly face"
- after we surrender our guest pass, we needed NICU nurse to come out to open a secured door, my wife said before she put down the phone, she let out a very 不耐烦 sigh. Then when she comes to open the door, it's like we owe her one!
- there was an occasion that one of the NICU nurse say actually we can bring our elder one in to see the babies... When we tried to bring my son in later, that nurse just block his way and say sorry kids not allow... I saw my son walk out feeling very affected. And ever since that day, whenever we want to bring him to hospital, my son will ask me "daddy you sure I can go, will the Aunty say I cannot go in" (VERY BAD)

Discharging my boys, at admission office
- when my number was called, I went into the counter and I also QUESTIONED... "YES?" (Her tone was like... Who are you and what you want)
- then I told her you called my queue number... Then she realized and then started serving me
- asked for room number, I replied no room number because my wife already discharged... And she gave me the "WTF" look to me
- after some verification which took 15 mins, they then managed to retrieve
- I was asked 3 times, your boys can discharge today huh?
- again there was not communication between the level 9 and admission office.

Ended...

Wife bill: $15,000 (before the $3950 medisave)
Boys bill: 22,000 (before the $7200 medisave)

Now I really agree with the admission officer... No Money, better dun give birth here.

Totally regretted never stick to our choice of Mt A!

Last edited:

One more thing...

Back registering...

- they only got limited time slot (daily in the aftenoon) So must make appt in advance
- suppose to be able to do on Monday 1pm, but after knowing I'm having twins, they say they are full and hence cannot accommodate as 2 babies will need 1 hour
- can only do at 1pm the next day which was after wife discharge
- manage to feedback and get an earlier slot on tues at 10am
- the lady gave me the feeling "make me do this so early"
- and the whole duration took less than 30 mins to register 2 babies!!!

In Summary,

- bad service
- unprofessional
- charge so high but service cannot level up

Back