Gynae (Female/Male) delivery fees at TMC.

sassyiril

Hello mummies!! :) Mind sharing your gynae delivery fees? Give birth to my firstborn back in 2013 at TMC and looks like some gynae's fees went up. I am still looking for a gynae with reasonable delivery fees. Thank You. :)

Gynae Name:

Type of delivery: Normal / C-sect

Delivery fees:

@sassyiril , u going back to same gynae?
I used same gynae for my 3 delivery.. Will find the delivery receipt for my delivery in Apr and let u know :)
Hopefully wont have much difference....

Hihi, so u decided on ur gynae already?

Dr ben tham
Normal delivery. Doctor Fee $1712
1 night single suite
Before medisave deduction $3531..

Dr ben tham
1 night single suite

Hi furbee, can i check is $3531 the final bill? Incl doctor fee, hospital stay, baby's..
Is urs normal delivery w/o epidural? I reckon if choose 2 or 4 bedded will be cheaper than $3531?
The price seem quite close KKH private patient, but the advantage is TMC gynae mostly come with prenatal check up package but KKH don have.
Sorry for so many question, i m expecting #3 edd end Nov n still deciding between KKH n TMC.
Deliver my first 2 at RH but hb said this round go a bit budget type haha..
Thanks a lot! :)

No worries on questions, jus tat i duno if my answers may be helpful..hehe. Let me know if u got more qn in mind,

This also my #3, i too considered KKH, but like u mentioned the private cost mayb the same as tmc.
Yes, $3531 is the final bill i paid when discharge. Medisave deduction is $1650. So my bill quite cheap.
This time i nv managed to get epidural, no gas, nth... So jus natural birth less den 1hr at the delivery suite (mayb that y cheaper?)
My gynae pre natal package i reckon is fairly cheap!! N the best gynae for me..hehe. Lotsa gd review of him too. I like the fact tat all scan photos r saved into the thumbdrive :)
Ya lor, i think now u got 3rd really mus budget..hehe.expenses gg up. I believe ur experience at RH to be gd, cos i considered before for my 1st 2, but the $$$$$ make me sweat! Lol.

Oh, and if u include those misc checks like OSCAR, blood test etc will be more la. Cos not inside the package. But i opt out some of the test too. N rem sign up the subsequent born incentive card at tmc for discounts!! This yr quite alot promo :)

Thank u very much on ur replies! Really appreciate it! Mayb we can talk again on PM as its a bit off topic for this thread. :)

Furbee, i stayed 2 nights... and was urs the single room pkg? if yes, the pkg alrdy includes 8 hrs of usage of the delivery suite iirc

Furbee, i stayed 2 nights... and was urs the single room pkg? if yes, the pkg alrdy includes 8 hrs of usage of the delivery suite iirc

Yup mine was single rm package, had a free upgrade but still room looks similar. Oh so 1 hr inside the delivery suite no discount ...lol. Thanks for sharing, here i tot is counted by per hour.

Yup mine was single rm package, had a free upgrade but still room looks similar. Oh so 1 hr inside the delivery suite no discount ...lol. Thanks for sharing, here i tot is counted by per hour.
Initially I was thinking of doing a room upgrade to the premier single room. but then I realized it is not worth it cos there is no big diff. plus the fact is after u pop u are shagged max.... cant really "enjoy" cos there is a flurry of people coming in all the time.... PD to update u on LO, gynae come to review, nurse come to remove the vaginal pack, another nurse aksing me if I can pee, another one who keeps wheeling LO in every 2-3 hours, room cleaner, food delivery auntie and so on.

Dr ben tham
1 night single suite

Hi! Wow i must say your bill quite cheap. Currently i'm seeing Dr Claudine Tan. Heard that her normal delivery doc fees starts from $2,500 onward. I'm looking at either 2 or 4 bedded. Last time i stayed at 2 bedded for 2 nights.. And my bill is $2,000++ after medisave. But that is different gynae and it was in 2012. So i guess now the price must be hike up.

Yes, i tink theres a slight increase. My kids yr 2011, and 2013 got an increase of 1k + for hosp bill but doctor fee was same. Ohhh, ya doctor fee is quite a lump in the bill hor. But doesnt matter as long as ur in gd hands and have a wonderful delivery experience !

Yes, i tink theres a slight increase. My kids yr 2011, and 2013 got an increase of 1k + for hosp bill but doctor fee was same. Ohhh, ya doctor fee is quite a lump in the bill hor. But doesnt matter as long as ur in gd hands and have a wonderful delivery experience !

Ahhh ok thanks! Maybe i will change to Dr ben tham.. heard a lot of good reviews about him. Also my husband says that my current gynae quite ex. Lol. His stitching is it good?

@sassyiril , i feel is good, but i cant see for myself.. Lol. So far for all my 3 deliveries it went smoothly under him too. ;)
Only thing is during my #2 i had natural tear till far back, so now 2 yrs later n after #3 i can still feel 'odd' when pass motion no longer the same. Maybe thats what mothers will go thru??. Sigh

Hi Furbee, may I know when was ur recent delivey pls? as I m also under Ben tham and m rather concern abt the delivery fees and hospital charges. thks a lot

Hi Furbee, may I know when was ur recent delivey pls? as I m also under Ben tham and m rather concern abt the delivery fees and hospital charges. thks a lot
I think his delivery fee is abt 1.7k for normal assisted previously. not Sure if he has increased it over the past 5 mths tho. I stayed in the normal single room , the package was aBT 3.5k. so if your case is not. complicated the package will cover most if not all that u need.

@e_mumme , yup as gammahedging shared. Mine is ard $1k + for normal delivery (non assisted). I delivered in Apr btw.. Had gotten free upgrade from single room to premier single so my bill is considered real cheap.
U can check with Dr tham on his fees again jus in case theres any changes, and also let him know if u do need assisted delivery, what are ur preferred choice etc..work out a birth plan if possible. I didnt manage to plan any! So i left everything in his hands...

@e_mumme , yup as gammahedging shared. Mine is ard $1k + for normal delivery (non assisted). I delivered in Apr btw.. Had gotten free upgrade from single room to premier single so my bill is considered real cheap.
U can check with Dr tham on his fees again jus in case theres any changes, and also let him know if u do need assisted delivery, what are ur preferred choice etc..work out a birth plan if possible. I didnt manage to plan any! So i left everything in his hands...

Hmmm sometimes it is unknown if forceps / vacuum are needed.

I too didnt do a birth plan. I was actually thinking of writing "In you I trust" if I were asked to do a birth plan. :D

upload_2015-7-6_17-26-4.png

Anyone used Caroline Khi for elective csect ? I'm considering to stay in a premier single so looking into the budget now

Yes I did, and she's not cheap. You shod know when she don't even have any package now so everything is quite ex
Her fees range from $3088-5088 I paid $5088 for the c sec and the anaesthatist will charge 25% of her fees

I stayed in a single ward so total bill size is nearly $12k all in before any subsidies

Back