IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi ladies,

Sad news to share. I just went for checkup n found my bb stopped growing already. Dr suggest to insert pill to let it come out naturally. Any one can share if the procedure will be painful?

@mesara, @milogal88 & @shiro_ger oh i am so sad...
Take care... i share your heartache. Time will heal. Hope everything will be fine and bright for you soon.

Thanks ladies! Still in shocking state n no tears leh. Maybe reality haven sink in yet. I have no frozen embryos!!! So back to original state. I just feel so sian n tired of all these. Afterall back to original place.

Hi ladies,

Sad news to share. I just went for checkup n found my bb stopped growing already. Dr suggest to insert pill to let it come out naturally. Any one can share if the procedure will be painful?

Gosh!!! Really dislike seeing this post of yours @meganl!....I guess no amount of words can comfort or ease your pain. But please take good care of yourself during this period & stay strong! *hugs*

Hey elaneus...think you have got the wronged person...aniway to update ive seen dr tan.for hysteroscopy as such to remove the scar from my previous d&c.if ive known it earlier due to scarring that prevent me got implant naturaly i wd haf gone for it early.oh well.put the past behind.lets look forward.remove scar.put iud 2mths and wait for natural miracle baby dust to hapen once again wif a stable bfp dis time..thats what ive been told by dr.tan after meeting him.
Oppsss so sorry for the blurnesss..
Anyway, great to hear that u r on the right track now. All the best to you.

Meganl, so sorry to hear that. Hope u recover well.

@meganl, sorry to hear about your loss.... natural m/c at 6 weeks should be relatively pain-free as the product of conception should be relatively small. Take good care of yourself emotionally.

Hi ladies,

Hi ladies,

Oh my why did I have to hear this!!!! Hugzz hugzzz hugzxx gal...no words to console......after mc I hardly log in and after long seeing this....certainly not wat I wanted to see. Please take care. Have to move on..

Hi ladies,

Hey @meganl dear, sorry to hear about it. Hugzz.... it must be difficult having to hear the news. Must take care of yourself dear! I oso lost 1 twin in the recent scan. Same case as you. Paying hard the other 1 will be strong. Have dr given you the insert? You ok?

Hey @meganl dear, sorry to hear about it. Hugzz.... it must be difficult having to hear the news. Must take care of yourself dear! I oso lost 1 twin in the recent scan. Same case as you. Paying hard the other 1 will be strong. Have dr given you the insert? You ok?

Shiro_ger,

Sorry to hear abt ur loss.. Reali reali hope the other of the twin ll stay strong.. Take v good care care, yah..

Sorry to hear about your loss.. Stay strong for the other twin in you.. Stay hopeful.. :)

thanks ladies. sob sob.... I asked Dr Tan to do a D&C cos i really dun dare to try natural miscarriage. I did it last tues and resting until now. Tmr going back to work already.

@shiro_ger Please take care of urself too. You lost one twin? Is Dr Tan going to take it out or it will be naturally flush out?

@char-mee Thanks. Take a break and see how ...

Hi hajar, so sorry for what u've gone thru. i have done my sis and just consulted dr tan hh. He saw some scarring in my uterus and scheduled me for hysteroscopy nx week. If he finds any scar tissue, he will cut it there and then. I will have iud in me for 2 months to prevent rescarring and will have to go for hormone treatment to regrow my lining. So, my ivf is postponed to 2 months later. Hope this info helps. Btw, did u do any test for your multiple miscarriage? Seems like you dont have problem getting pregnant but have difficulty sustaining a pregnancy.

Hey elaneous...can i ask you..i haf done hysteroscopy and iud inserted in me.will see dr tan 3weeks time for review..how long does dis iud will b in b4 starting to conceive naturali..cannot be with iud inside then try naturally rite..im sure ud needs to b remove.and hw long is dat b4starting to try conceive again..

@meganl For my last MC in Dec, dr tan also recommend for natural MC. End up i hve to do an emergercy evacuation coz d blood just gushed out one night like running water. There wasn't even enough time for him to come back at night to do d evac for me. It's a good choice to do D&C coz at least you know all cleared inside. But you must rest really well coz d&c not good for body.

For my case, dr tan did not say much abt d vanishing twin coz during d last scan, can't even see d bb in d sac liao. Maybe treatment just like usual empty sac lor, will come out together when i deliver. I googled n website said 1st tri loss no need medical intervention coz will either reabsorb by d other twin or my body. If 2nd tri loss then more complicated. So i take it as nothing needs to be done.

@shiro_ger, sorry to hear abt ur loss...

U muz reali take gd care of urself for ur the other twin...eat n rest well..take care!!!

thanks ladies. sob sob.... I asked Dr Tan to do a D&C cos i really dun dare to try natural miscarriage. I did it last tues and resting until now. Tmr going back to work already.

@shiro_ger Please take care of urself too. You lost one twin? Is Dr Tan going to take it out or it will be naturally flush out?

@char-mee Thanks. Take a break and see how ...
Pls take care, eat confinement food to help u strengthen body... It will heal with time...

Hello ladies, ivf called me today and schedule me for Sep slot. I was told its on long cycle. so far I only been through short cycle, can share with me how the process for long cycle works? Thanks!

Hello ladies, ivf called me today and schedule me for Sep slot. I was told its on long cycle. so far I only been through short cycle, can share with me how the process for long cycle works? Thanks!
Hi labbitzz, I did long cycle twice and below is the process:

1. Since your slot is Sep, assume that is the month u are scheduled for ER and ET. (Sometimes I get a bit confused as long cycle starts 1 mth earlier, so gd to check and confirm with them.) On first day of menses in Aug, call kkivf and they will schedule u to collect your medication on day 21 of August menses.

2. On Day 21 start lucrin jab for about 2 weeks.

3. After 2 weeks, go back for first scan and blood test to confirm that your ovaries are "sleeping". Usually u will be asked to collect your stim medication.

4. Usually if blood test is ok, u should start your stim jab 2 days later. Lucrin jab still continue.

5. Thereafter, the stim procedure is the same as short cycle. Monitor until follicles are right size. Then schedule for trigger jab, ER and ET.

Hope above helps! :)

Hi labbitzz, I did long cycle twice and below is the process:

1. Since your slot is Sep, assume that is the month u are scheduled for ER and ET. (Sometimes I get a bit confused as long cycle starts 1 mth earlier, so gd to check and confirm with them.) On first day of menses in Aug, call kkivf and they will schedule u to collect your medication on day 21 of August menses.

2. On Day 21 start lucrin jab for about 2 weeks.

3. After 2 weeks, go back for first scan and blood test to confirm that your ovaries are "sleeping". Usually u will be asked to collect your stim medication.

4. Usually if blood test is ok, u should start your stim jab 2 days later. Lucrin jab still continue.

5. Thereafter, the stim procedure is the same as short cycle. Monitor until follicles are right size. Then schedule for trigger jab, ER and ET.

Hope above helps! :)
Thanks hopeful13!

Just called them, I will need to call them when menses start in sep, which means my ER / ET will be in oct then.
I was on short cycle previously, not sure why this time round is long cycle.

Thanks hopeful13!

Just called them, I will need to call them when menses start in sep, which means my ER / ET will be in oct then.
It wasn't discuss with the doc? Maybe u want to check with them y change to long?

Mine was discussed with Dr Tan and he suggested me to try long and see if it works better for me as short doesn't yield me any embryos at all. He said if I am not scared of needle can try long so that can allow balance growth of follicles.

Hi Ladies

Just joined this forum. Doing IVF with Dr Tan HH.

Failed my 1st fresh cycle in Feb/Mar 15. Starting again in Aug 15. Such a long wait.

Just received a call that Dr Tan will be on course from 18-28 Aug so might not be him doing the ET & ER

Hi Ladies

Failed my 1st fresh cycle in Feb/Mar 15. Starting again in Aug 15. Such a long wait.

Just received a call that Dr Tan will be on course from 18-28 Aug so might not be him doing the ET & ER
Hi jasmine, my mens came today so Mon have to go for scan. Wanted to do it in Aug but was informed that Dr Tan not in. The nurse told me another Senior Consultant will take over but not too sure who. Take care ya!

Thanks hopeful13!

I was asked to try long cycle the second time also and it worked better for me... It might do the trick for u too... Just need to jab over a longer period. But anyway after a while u will probably be immune to the jabs...

I think I going ahead in August even though might not be Dr Tan coz waited for many months le :(

I asked dr tan abt the long n short cycle before. He say statically the success rate for both protocol is similar. So there's no advantage taking long protocol for my case

Hi Ladies

Im starting in Aug too! We can be cycle buddy! =)

It wasn't discuss with the doc? Maybe u want to check with them y change to long?

Mine was discussed with Dr Tan and he suggested me to try long and see if it works better for me as short doesn't yield me any embryos at all. He said if I am not scared of needle can try long so that can allow balance growth of follicles.
Sorry for the late reply. During the appt he didn't tell me about the cycle. It's only when kkivf called then was updated its a long cycle this time. I only remember before I left he asked one Q, are u afraid of needles.. That's all..

I was asked to try long cycle the second time also and it worked better for me... It might do the trick for u too... Just need to jab over a longer period. But anyway after a while u will probably be immune to the jabs...
Ah... More jabs.... My previous short cycle.. The man in charge of jab.. I just look side way...

Ah... More jabs.... My previous short cycle.. The man in charge of jab.. I just look side way...
Hah ok.
Dont worry the lucrin jab is actually the most painless of all... Most of the time can't feel cos the needle v short. Good luck!

Hi Ladies,

Im new to this process and will be doing a fresh (first cycle) with Dr Tan HH at KKH. Can anyone enlighten what I should do to prep myself, physically for such procedure? Thanks so much ladies.

hi noble welcome. This thread is getting rather quiet, so you can refer to another active thread 'IVF/ICSI support group'. Read the earlier posts and you can get quite a lot of info from the thread.

Yup @noble i think u are more likely to find a cycle buddy in the main ivf/icsi thread :)

In the meantime, eat well and take folic acid. Try not to take cold drinks... Rest well and start cycle with minimal stress.

Best of luck to u :)

Hi mei.. i cant rem are u with thh? I'm starting fresh mid aug. Can you share your experience with me? Wat food to take and avoid? Also im not taking HL cos no one in ofc is supposed to know abt my ivf. Will probably take 3-4 days of annual leave after ET. U think ok? Just office desk bound job... no need to use strength.

Hi mei.. i cant rem are u with thh? I'm starting fresh mid aug. Can you share your experience with me? Wat food to take and avoid? Also im not taking HL cos no one in ofc is supposed to know abt my ivf. Will probably take 3-4 days of annual leave after ET. U think ok? Just office desk bound job... no need to use strength.
Yup i was with THH for all cycles and all the way til delivery... I got BFN and BFP cycles with him... Frankly I think there is only so much we can do and the rest is up to destiny. If meant to be yours that cycle it will be.

I found that having rest and positive mindset really helps though. Ur job desk bound shd be ok la but is it stressful? My BFN cycle I was extremely stressed cos my superior that time not so understanding abt it kept bothering me... The BFP cycles I had v little stress.

As for food wise, eat folic acid and avoid cooling food... I ate TCM meds after BFP, found it qt helpful.

Btw how long u need to wait nowadays after THH gives u green light to start cycle?

My first appt with him was April. So from april to aug abt 4 mths. Im learning to relax now... its just hard to relax.
Stress is something that i have to cope... just learn to let go
You had confinement in the hottest period. But really enjoy your last 2 mths ya!

Hi jkoh, just share wt u some info I know. After ET, suppose to insert the med n required to lay down for half an hour. Not too sure abt the med u will be taking. Mine is Utrogestan, which hv to insert 2 capsules into vagina 3 times a day. Today is day 3 after my ET, sort of stressful doing this. I try to switch myself to "sleeping mode" hehe... All d best to u! Jia you~

Last edited:
Hi jkoh, just share wt u my point of view. After ET, suppose to insert the med n required to lay down for half an hour. Not too sure abt the med u will be taking. Mine is Utrogestan, which hv to insert 2 capsules into vagina 3 times a day. Today is day 3 after my ET, sort of stressful doing this. I try to switch myself to "sleeping mode" hehe... All d best to u! Jia you~
Are u doing with KKH? I rem the nurse after abt 10mon ask me to get up and go liao...
How r u feeling now?

Are u doing with KKH? I rem the nurse after abt 10mon ask me to get up and go liao...
How r u feeling now?
Hi mei, yes I'm wt Dr THH @ KKH. I'm feeling ok now, thx. ET is quite a fast procedure as it's not under sedation. Did ET on Fri, 1st 2 days felt abit cramp on n off. My ER was done on Wed, very drowsy after that.

any of u know any food to avoid after ET? shall I take ginger tea / red date tea? or any drink or food is good.

Hi mei, yes I'm wt Dr THH @ KKH. I'm feeling ok now, thx. ET is quite a fast procedure as it's not under sedation. Did ET on Fri, 1st 2 days felt abit cramp on n off. My ER was done on Wed, very drowsy after that.
Ok... Do rest well... Occupy urself with other things. Movie, drama, books or whatever. Actually i tried not to go forum too much during tww, I find forum stressful too! Lol.
After ET just dont take cooling stuff. I think red date tea not bad but not in excess. Cos the moment u bfp ur body will auto switch to heaty mode.

Oh dear.. u mean after ET, still must insert medicine? Hmmm possible to do in office toilet? How many days do we have to do his insert after ET?

Back