(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Mine too. Can put whole fist in somemore. Once, she was enjoying her fist, and she wanted to take it out and her finger got stuck. She cried in frustration. It was just soo funny lah her expression. Hehhehehe....

Now she can suck her fist till whole face wet. I guess its the drooling and sucking fist phase.

I always try to pull away her fist whenever she puts in her mouth. Sometimes I just let her be lah. I gave her teether, she don't wanna bite. So its either her fist or my thumb and she can suck till got sound.

It's part of development phase bb go thru with the knuckle sucking?

@momocrv , i jus booked the 3rd mth jab + optional (duno is jab or rotavirus). @nazriah 's girl jus went few days back for her 3rd mth jab. I also remember MAY have fever..

@Twirlycandy gd tat u lose 2kg, at least u can afford to eat more wen bf.. I still got 5kg to lose, guess its in the tummy.

@yew_yew , what programme is it ? So gd can see the effect jus by detoxing! Ya true like me wen i say my hubby fat nvm. Den he slim abit by jogging i kua him say handsome.. Lol

I have a different kind of problem now.. I became even skinnier by around 2kg than pre pregnancy days till the relatives ask whether my hubby is starving me and he got abit 'pissed' cos obviously he isnt.. Bt i am eating more than ever to cope with the demands of breastfeeding :|

I lose 4kg and all my friends said that i'm slim down after gave birth. We should happy while a lot of ppl stress out to lose weight.

@momocrv , i jus booked the 3rd mth jab + optional (duno is jab or rotavirus). @nazriah 's girl jus went few days back for her 3rd mth jab. I also remember MAY have fever..

@Twirlycandy gd tat u lose 2kg, at least u can afford to eat more wen bf.. I still got 5kg to lose, guess its in the tummy.

@yew_yew , what programme is it ? So gd can see the effect jus by detoxing! Ya true like me wen i say my hubby fat nvm. Den he slim abit by jogging i kua him say handsome.. Lol

Furbee, is yours via pd or poly ah?

Brought my #1 to ballet class and now hving breakie alone, while hubby stayed home with didi. Its been so long since im free of both kids haha!

Losing weight. Im aiming to lose all my pregnancy weight (incl those put on for #1) and dats like another 6kg!! Envy those naturally slim down after delivery leh, im not blessed with those good genes :( look at my mother and i know liao lol

I think no matter wat, e tummy will still be flabby unless do target exercises. My cousin after 3 kids, super skinny, but still hv excess flab on her tummy. But most importantly is lose weight healthily, esp for those bfeeding!

@happycsk ,her face must be real itchy! She nv try to remove the mitten herself? My #2 when had cradle cap n eczema always bite off her mittens n scratch her face & head till bleed! Best for ur girl to keep her mittens on till fully recover...good tat the medication n soap working well! :)

Wah your #2 so clever...my bb can't remove her own mittens but will wipe her face vigorously with mittens till it's very angry and red. Sigh don't know how to stop her from doing that.

Btw anyone got experience with baby having lots of stomach wind? Any other things I can do to help her? PD prescribe rid wind and it's almost the same, don't see any huge improvement. Actually she just farts a lot and stretches herself a lot before the milk reflux out, so that's how I know she has wind. She is sleeping thru the night now but always wake up in wee hours not for milk but makes sounds like "eek" and "argh" coz of stretching and farting and look so uncomfortable. Like so poor thing...

My hubby always say im fat, even when i was 46kg. Cos im quite fleshy esp e arms part. So generally i ignore his fat comments.

Btw anyone got experience with baby having lots of stomach wind? Any other things I can do to help her? PD prescribe rid wind and it's almost the same, don't see any huge improvement. Actually she just farts a lot and stretches herself a lot before the milk reflux out, so that's how I know she has wind. She is sleeping thru the night now but always wake up in wee hours not for milk but makes sounds like "eek" and "argh" coz of stretching and farting and look so uncomfortable. Like so poor thing...

Wah ur baby can sleep thru now? So good! Im a panda after 1wk+ of nite feedings every 2-3hrs. Yeah he also make alot of "gek sai" sounds at nite, so noisy!

Ya the building up of milk actually quite irritating IMO...cos by then baby wont be able to finish the bigger side den again need express out end up still bigger. But need find ways to make both sides even out leh. Last time mine quite even...suddenly liddat..... U also last time was even?

This is my first baby.... But initially was not so obvious even thou my left always produce more milk than right. Maybe cos my right was blocked on 3rd day and thus affected the supply subsequently.

Last night suddenly right engorged again and can feel the blocked ducts. Can't pump put the milk. Have to massage and manually squeeze the ducts to release the block. So painful. Then woke bb up to latch to help with the engorgement. Usually will bottle feed at night. I'm so tired. After 2 feeds and 1 more this morning, so much better now.

Some people told me that if tummy doesn't shrink and get back to shape after a certain time frame, it will be very difficult to do so after that. Is it true? I didn't hv any postnatal massage n still hv flabby tummy. Any mummies hv manage to get back to shape?

Y didn't u do postnatal massage? Helps to get rid of wind n water retention, push your womb back in shape n also shrink your tummy. Mine has a herbal binder wrap.... Super tight. My massage lady very good but super painful got 'gua sa' too. After that all bruised.

Brought my #1 to ballet class and now hving breakie alone, while hubby stayed home with didi. Its been so long since im free of both kids haha!

Losing weight. Im aiming to lose all my pregnancy weight (incl those put on for #1) and dats like another 6kg!! Envy those naturally slim down after delivery leh, im not blessed with those good genes :( look at my mother and i know liao lol

I think no matter wat, e tummy will still be flabby unless do target exercises. My cousin after 3 kids, super skinny, but still hv excess flab on her tummy. But most importantly is lose weight healthily, esp for those bfeeding!

My #1 keep asking if she can go ballet. But i really no time to bring her there. Only lesson she goes is shichida which she really enjoys as well. But my hubby attending with her, cos parent needs to sit in. Maybe I shld reconsider ballet lessons again. Lol. So i can hv some free time.

If i can get back to pre preg weight before #1, it will be 12kg away. Ha. I was too skinny in the past. Only 42kg.. think it is mission impossible. My hubby sometimes look at old photos, tell my #1: see.. last time your mummy so pretty. :(

Y didn't u do postnatal massage? Helps to get rid of wind n water retention, push your womb back in shape n also shrink your tummy. Mine has a herbal binder wrap.... Super tight. My massage lady very good but super painful got 'gua sa' too. After that all bruised.

@happy08, yours not malay massage? Gua sa should be good! Mine was effective only for 7 days (when i still do the sessions) After that, i tink need to maintain myself but i too lazy.

@gleaflim i tink the period to get rid of the tummy faster is 6 months.

Wah ur baby can sleep thru now? So good! Im a panda after 1wk+ of nite feedings every 2-3hrs. Yeah he also make alot of "gek sai" sounds at nite, so noisy!

After CL left she slept thru the night, I ignorant so I wake her up for milk haha. Yah yah it's the gek sai sounds, why do they do that ah? Really so disturbing I tot she uncomfortable or if I should carry her?

It's called ginger body treatment. I signed up for the package at the beauty salon that I always go to for facials. The masseur uses ginger oil to massage my body and then put me under a hot blanket for me to sweat it out. Basically this treatment gets rid of water in the body? I think so. Haha.

I have c section. Still can feel pain at the wounds when touch. So dun dare to do it initially. Now I already 2 mths plus thinking might be too late to do postnatal massage.

I have c section. Still can feel pain at the wounds when touch. So dun dare to do it initially. Now I already 2 mths plus thinking might be too late to do postnatal massage.

Actually after 3wks can do massage, but they avoid the wound area. Y not jus call to check see if any massage lady can help? At least like what @happy08 say, can put womb back to shape, and remove wind.. No harm calling to check?

Wah how i wish my LO can slp thru too! Flip left right left right to DL till lost count..

@Anna0214 , is shichida worth? Like soooo ex !! I considered but the long term cost so scarily high.

Actually after 3wks can do massage, but they avoid the wound area. Y not jus call to check see if any massage lady can help? At least like what @happy08 say, can put womb back to shape, and remove wind.. No harm calling to check?

Wah how i wish my LO can slp thru too! Flip left right left right to DL till lost count..

@Anna0214 , is shichida worth? Like soooo ex !! I considered but the long term cost so scarily high.
I dunno if shichida is worth anot yet, maybe need to see long term effect. Its suppose to train the memory and right brain. My ger really likes it a lot cos she attends it with her daddy. She cannot rmb those flash memory stuff that they go through in class and she got short attention span. Its quite stressful for the parents actually. Wanted to give up but did not because she enjoys it. So far i only went for 1 yr. Started when she was 3. Some children started when they were 6 mths old.

If i were to choose another course, i really duno wad to choose now.

My #1 keep asking if she can go ballet. But i really no time to bring her there. Only lesson she goes is shichida which she really enjoys as well. But my hubby attending with her, cos parent needs to sit in. Maybe I shld reconsider ballet lessons again. Lol. So i can hv some free time.

If i can get back to pre preg weight before #1, it will be 12kg away. Ha. I was too skinny in the past. Only 42kg.. think it is mission impossible. My hubby sometimes look at old photos, tell my #1: see.. last time your mummy so pretty. :(

Ahh e ballet lessons just for fun, cos she attending w 2 other frens. But good thing is can leave her there and do something else! N she seems to enjoy it.

Wow 42kg, really very slim!

@nazriah , can the lactation cookies from carousell boost supply?

Somehow I feel it did boost my supply tho. My breast was super duper soft at the start of fasting month. And supply was sooo low. I have to break my fast as to eat and replenish the supply for my girl. But after I eat the cookies, my breasts are not soft anymore. Supply is constant. I wouldn't say it will boost up till engorged, but I find that milk is enough for my girl and I have been fasting as per normal.

just ordered my second batch this morning. Shld be ready by either tues or wed.

Ahh e ballet lessons just for fun, cos she attending w 2 other frens. But good thing is can leave her there and do something else! N she seems to enjoy it.

Wow 42kg, really very slim!

Jus for interest is gd i suppose. No stress. My girl learn piano i aso dun dare let her take the exam grades. Like already so stressful after returning from CC, no time play toys.. But if compare same age kids sure will b competitive, so i close 2 eyes!!

I think 42kg is my sec sch weight lor... Lol. @Anna0214 i can imagine ur waistline 21-24inch max..

Jus for interest is gd i suppose. No stress. My girl learn piano i aso dun dare let her take the exam grades. Like already so stressful after returning from CC, no time play toys.. But if compare same age kids sure will b competitive, so i close 2 eyes!!

I think 42kg is my sec sch weight lor... Lol. @Anna0214 i can imagine ur waistline 21-24inch max..
Piano i oso one of my considerations. But i dun wan my ger to stress. No exam is good!
24 inch is waistline during uni. After start to work in office, it gradually increase. Then with 2 pregnancies. Now is 30 or more inches i tink.. heh.. long time nv measure. Lol.

I am so so stress up...my lo having constipation for 3 days... and a lot of phlegm... let her couldnt sleep well.. keep awake with a tiring eye ... when look at her... feel so sad n guilty... how should i help her???

Somehow I feel it did boost my supply tho. My breast was super duper soft at the start of fasting month. And supply was sooo low. I have to break my fast as to eat and replenish the supply for my girl. But after I eat the cookies, my breasts are not soft anymore. Supply is constant. I wouldn't say it will boost up till engorged, but I find that milk is enough for my girl and I have been fasting as per normal.

just ordered my second batch this morning. Shld be ready by either tues or wed.
Really? Sounds good. But I think it no longer at carousell. Cannot find the listing already. I want to order leh..

I am so so stress up...my lo having constipation for 3 days... and a lot of phlegm... let her couldnt sleep well.. keep awake with a tiring eye ... when look at her... feel so sad n guilty... how should i help her???
@ivyang7779 , dun be stress! If tonight still no output, maybe bring ur LO to pd Tmr? But Monday clinic will be crowded, a lot of virus. If can, wait till Tues?

Her carousell nick is makemoremilk

She is also on fb.

Attachments

• 1436099769866.jpg
    1436099769866.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 1436099837827.jpg
    1436099837827.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 133
Is it normal for newborns to have phelgm? I keep hearing phelgm but doesn't seem to bother baby much... Her breathing is ok.

This #3 also make alot of gek sai sounds with eyes closed when sleeping. At first I thought it's the air con. But I realise no air con also the same.

My massage lady said can do after 10 days. She will massage the area above the wound but not the wound itself. It's nvr too late for massage I think. Maybe just take longer to remove the water and wind. Try checking with ML.

Yday my baby had a 30mins massage by my ML. Bb was ok until she massaged her arms. She cried .... According to ML its cos her muscle hurts as the arms was always being pressed while breastfeeding. Angle no good. Initially she refused to straighten her arms but after massage she slowly straighten. Now I felt her arms are more relaxed. Last night for the first time she slept at 9pm. She slept throught the night..but I woke her up twice to latch as I had very bad engorgement. She drank and went straight to sleep again.

Wil try the massage on our own and see if it works.

Yday my baby had a 30mins massage by my ML. Bb was ok until she massaged her arms. She cried .... According to ML its cos her muscle hurts as the arms was always being pressed while breastfeeding. Angle no good. Initially she refused to straighten her arms but after massage she slowly straighten. Now I felt her arms are more relaxed. Last night for the first time she slept at 9pm. She slept throught the night..but I woke her up twice to latch as I had very bad engorgement. She drank and went straight to sleep again.

Wil try the massage on our own and see if it works.
Is it ex for baby massage? I din know they have.

Bb is now 2 mths +... he used to poo 2 to 3 times per day. Now the poo pattern seen to change. Like once a day or once every 2 days. He is on bm + fm. Just wondering if bb will change their poo pattern on this stage.

Bb is now 2 mths +... he used to poo 2 to 3 times per day. Now the poo pattern seen to change. Like once a day or once every 2 days. He is on bm + fm. Just wondering if bb will change their poo pattern on this stage.

My LO poops at least 8x a day.. I remember reading as bb grows their body adapts differently n digestive works faster.. As long got poo at least once a days for mix feed is fine.. If full fm den might b something to worry, cos easily heaty...
Hopefully will change their pattern again...

Mummies, when u all mean baby have colic, does it include lots of farting? My lo kip fussing, den will throw his body backwards whenever sit him up to burp.. He only naps at most 5mins multiple times but never more den 1 hr.. Now still widely awake :( He never cry but jus cant make him zzz either. I nv give gripe water either, only put tummy oil. :(

Mummies, when u all mean baby have colic, does it include lots of farting? My lo kip fussing, den will throw his body backwards whenever sit him up to burp.. He only naps at most 5mins multiple times but never more den 1 hr.. Now still widely awake :( He never cry but jus cant make him zzz either. I nv give gripe water either, only put tummy oil. :(

LO when colicky will tend to clench fists and arch back...face may turn red as trying to gek the gas out. Once the gas is out, he will usually feel more relieved de. But gas dun cause colic though... Mainly due to air swallow due to excessive crying. LO will cry and cry even tho you have nursed, changed diapers, etc... No scientific reason what cause colic but it will pass after LO turns 3mths bah...

Hang in there! Jia you!

My bb always cry during bathe time. Cry until dap dry with towel.. Is it normal? She seems to hate water so much :( dunno how to soothe her. Bathe in the room with warm water. On the floor though.. Any suggestion?

What type of clothes does ur bb wear? My bb wear rompers and she kinda hate the clothes go thru her head.. Anyone has similar experience?

She also fart gas alot.. Super loud. Also poo 2-3x A day. Fully bm now. I supposed its still fine as bb poo color is OK. Yellow.. But it starts to smell.. Oops..

Anyone using avent steriliser? How often do u steriliser ur parts and bottles? Do u store ur stuff inside there all the time (wet all the time) or somewhere else til dry?

Hello mummies! Anyone knows what PD advise when switching formula? Must transition switch or can I switch entirely since it is from same brand? - intending to switch from Nestle Nan Pro to Nan Ha.

Back