(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

I was 44.5kg usually. Morning sickness in 1st trimester brought me down to 41kg which is underweight. Then bounce to 51kg now. Guess that's 5.5kg gain for me. since baby is 1.3kg I suppose my baby ate quite well since I dn have strong cravings or any food rejection but instead, a larger appetite.

right now no difficulties walking, still can walk pretty normally. have been practising prenatal yoga. tummy feels abit tight but I'm quite comfortable with it. I'm also ok with the tummy weight. Guess I've been conditioning all these while. No contractions usually but felt abit pain below belly button after having an unwanted agitating talk with someone yesterday.

I was 44.5kg usually. Morning sickness in 1st trimester brought me down to 41kg which is underweight. Then bounce to 51kg now. Guess that's 5.5kg gain for me. since baby is 1.3kg I suppose my baby ate quite well since I dn have strong cravings or any food rejection but instead, a larger appetite.

right now no difficulties walking, still can walk pretty normally. have been practising prenatal yoga. tummy feels abit tight but I'm quite comfortable with it. I'm also ok with the tummy weight. Guess I've been conditioning all these while. No contractions usually but felt abit pain below belly button after having an unwanted agitating talk with someone yesterday.

I think u are almost same weight wiith my wife, she is 45kg, now is ard 52kg...normal diet~more veggies den meat.

Mine is 850g+ at 25weeks 4 days. I put on 6kg to date... so much to me, so little to baby:(.

Mummies, I'd like to ask... are you feeling heavy and starting to have difficulties to walk? Does your tummy tighten when you stand or walk? Mine does and my gynae is a bit concerned, asking me to return to visit her in 1 week instead of the usual 2 weeks. Do you also feel contractions?
My baby was 650g at 24 weeks and I already put on 7kg. Gynae told me to control my intake.
I'm starting to feel the burden of the tummy but I still try to walk, with breaks in btw. I walk abt 8k steps a day. I'm also taking pre natal yoga. Hope it helps in a smooth delivery!

WOW, all the babies are gaining good weight. I was looking at the fetal growth rate at Babycenter and I though mine over the chart but I saw so many babies here shooting over 100%. hahaha..

I do feel tight tummy but I am very such it was not contractions and the tightness have timing in the day for me so I didnt bother.

Can add me to the FB group too? Is the Sept baby group right? [email protected].

Just to check. Any mummies here will be taking back your placenta after birth. During my time we dont really eat it but I heard from my sister that now the nurse will ask if you want to have your placenta back. There are people taking it back, dried, powdered and consume as capsules.

Just to check. Any mummies here will be taking back your placenta after birth. During my time we dont really eat it but I heard from my sister that now the nurse will ask if you want to have your placenta back. There are people taking it back, dried, powdered and consume as capsules.

Oh! i was looking at it too! Not sure if it's good but looks like take it aft birth benefits alot. http://heavenlyhealthstore.com/placenta_encapsulation_services

i think i will go with it.. try it since it's my last baby... Come to think abt it.. guys also buying goat placenta pill to eat, might as well eat our own one.. right?!

Hi.. I'm also expecting 1st child 18sep :) my gynae says that any position is ok so long comfy to sleep..
Hi Pistachiopie, Yeah to same EDD... only 12 more weeks :) Hope you're as excited as me. Thanks for the advise. Am visiting my gynae this week, can't wait to see how baby is doing.

[Q UOTE="jazzplay, post: 8014707, member: 111037"]i think i will go with it.. try it since it's my last baby... Come to think abt it.. guys also buying goat placenta pill to eat, might as well eat our own one.. right?![/QUOTE]

I attended childbirth class and the trainer said that the placenta contains goodness and also 'bad stuff'. So if u intend to encapsulate your placenta, make sure that the company has the capability to extract the 'bad stuff' from the placenta.

I was going to do that.. There are several companies encapsulating the placenta for you, includin eu yan sang... But due to some medical conditions, i read that it might not be a good idea if i've been taking some form of meds during the pregnancy..
I would have totally try it if i were "healthier"... I read amazing reviews!

How are all the mummies? I just went for my 26 weeks check up and baby is now 865g.

Mjane, do you used to have pile issue? I do have colleague who has piles and still manage to delivery naturally.

I don't have piles issues before... thats why I pretty worried now. I really hope to still deliver naturally. Been drinking loads of fluid now to keep myself hydrated.

Anyway... 3tri coming, jiayous to all of us!! :)

Hi there! Can the admin please send me another invite to the FB September mommies grp? My email add is [email protected]. I haven't receive any invite up to date. Sorry for the hassle. Thank you very much. :)

Hi there, can the admin please invite me to the FB September mommies grp? My email is [email protected]. Thanks! :)

Hello, do invite [email protected] to the group too. Many thanks!

Hello mummies, may I be added to the fB group too? My fB email is [email protected]

Thanks!!

Hi, my email is [email protected]
Can someone add me to the sept mummy fb group? Thank you!

Have invite you all to the fb group, please go to your fb notification to accept the invitation.
If did not received any notification or invitation please add me in fb [email protected] or www.facebook.com/xjintingx so that i can add you into the group. once u added me pls pm me in fb and let me know. Thanks and congrats to all.

Mid week mummies! Just something which happens to me nowadays. Enjoy!
2015-06-24 17.31.07.png

Last edited:
I added myself to the group after receiving an email notification

Waiting for approval. Btw, will others know that I join this group since it is a secret group? I don't quite fancy the idea of some people who are in my fB knowing it. Hehe

I added myself to the group after receiving an email notification

Waiting for approval. Btw, will others know that I join this group since it is a secret group? I don't quite fancy the idea of some people who are in my fB knowing it. Hehe

No worries, since is a secret group, your fb friends wont know.

Hi,

Please add me to your facebook group, my email address is [email protected]

EDD: 17 September 2015

Thanks

Hi, can add me to the fb secret group? My edd is 02.10.2015 but highly likely to be end Sep baby like my #1. My email address is [email protected]

xjintingx,
i think you missed me out. my email is [email protected]. thanks.

Have invite you all to the fb group, please go to your fb notification to accept the invitation.
If did not received any notification or invitation please add me in fb [email protected] or www.facebook.com/xjintingx so that i can add you into the group. once u added me pls pm me in fb and let me know.

Hi everyone, im new here and having my first baby in early sept! Guess i joined the forum a little too late? :p
Just hit the 3rd trim n seems like everything is coming fast n furious our way! Starting to feel panicky as to what have i not prepared n stuff.. is it too early to stock up for supplies like nappies, wet wipes n stuff? Pumps n bm storage bags too? Can share what u ladies r using? So many diff brands on the mkt n its all so confusing! :S

Hi everyone, im new here and having my first baby in early sept! Guess i joined the forum a little too late? :p
Just hit the 3rd trim n seems like everything is coming fast n furious our way! Starting to feel panicky as to what have i not prepared n stuff.. is it too early to stock up for supplies like nappies, wet wipes n stuff? Pumps n bm storage bags too? Can share what u ladies r using? So many diff brands on the mkt n its all so confusing! :S

have shared medela freestyle in my previous post. going to get lansinoh storage bag, one of the most popular, many good reviews in YouTube also.

Hi mummies, I'm planning to get wetwipes. Anyone hv good lobang of what brand to buy and where to buy it. Preferably getting it in a carton.

Thanks in advance.

Hello my mother is an experience confinement nanny that has more than 20 years of experience in Singapore. She used to took care of my 2 babies & my sister's babies too in 2013 / 2014, when we just gave birth. She is very very good in taking care of newborn. I heard a lot of compliments from her employers before. They're all satisfied with her. She is quite an open-minded auntie so don't have to worry having trouble living with a stranger. She is semi-retired now but she still can help if happen that you are looking for a realiable confinement nanny.

Do call or whatsapp/sms me if you are interested. Eury Wee / 98160846.

Hi all, think I'm in a job crisis and need to hear some of your thots.
I had a mid-career switch earlier this year, before knowing I was preggy, and till now, I am still not getting the hang of my job. I'm demoralised and my boss is running out of patience with my progress (or the lack of it). My EDD end-Sept, and I'm hanging on the line, dunno whether boss would sack me soon or whether I shld just resign, because my morale is now so low and I drag myself to work.
My boss has been very accommodating all the while, with my learning curve and pregnancy put into consideration. I feel that I've let her down, but I don't want to resign at this stage of pregnancy, forfeiting maternity benefits. But I don't know if a termination letter from her is in the pipeline. I don't know how to contribute to the team and not make myself feel so useless.
Help, anyone?

I switched to current job last Dec then got pregnant. My probation was 6 mths and I was also very worried as my division is not doing well. I was late a few times to work cos of morning sickness n dizziness I had to get off the train n rest at the station. My MALE boss unlike yours was not pleased with my lateness n had been telling me things like very painful labour, women losing memory, painful breast engorgement, saggy breast, breast shrinking after breastfeeding all sorts to the pt I even wonder if this is sexual harassment.

When I wanted to apply for training to ready myself for more challenging task after my ML, he refuse to talk abt it say I haven't pass my probation. When I told him I wanted to join in my company's schedule for breastfeed arranged by HR, he discouraged saying our department schedule is hectic (but it's totally not).

I was disheartened and didn't feel like going work too. However, I hanged in there n volunteered to help improve business performance by introducing the possibility of conducting a brainstorm session and he let me. I also asked if my colleagues needed any help for ad hoc tasks like simple testing or setups etc. After my probation, I req for training n he approved, thus I'm going thru a certification now. My assurance to my boss is that I'll be fully committed to my work once I get back "because I feel there's limitation to what I can do now n I am aware of my declining KPI now"..

Last edited:
Hi all, think I'm in a job crisis and need to hear some of your thots.
I had a mid-career switch earlier this year, before knowing I was preggy, and till now, I am still not getting the hang of my job. I'm demoralised and my boss is running out of patience with my progress (or the lack of it). My EDD end-Sept, and I'm hanging on the line, dunno whether boss would sack me soon or whether I shld just resign, because my morale is now so low and I drag myself to work.
My boss has been very accommodating all the while, with my learning curve and pregnancy put into consideration. I feel that I've let her down, but I don't want to resign at this stage of pregnancy, forfeiting maternity benefits. But I don't know if a termination letter from her is in the pipeline. I don't know how to contribute to the team and not make myself feel so useless.
Help, anyone?
Hello babibambi,

You are not useless. You are accomplishing one of the greatest tasks in this lifetime: bringing a new life to the world! Some compromises are inevitable here and there but it's just temporary. Priority at hand is to be cheerful and stress-free so that you will have a happy and healthy baby. Nothing else matters more than that, You've come this far, don't let the pregnancy hormones get the better of you. Ganbatte!

Pinkpinkheart and shinmai_mama,

Thank you so much for your sharing and encouragement. I hope I can hang onto the job till start of maternity leave (ML). I had previously tried talking to my boss about a change in job-scope, but there wasn't a vacancy to fill. I will try talking to her again, and see if I can take up some other jobs in the meantime till my ML starts. Then, that's probably the last we will see each other. I wonder if this is a possibility.

On Min of Manpower website, it appears that we need to return after ML to serve notice. I dunno if our HR guys will pursue the matter and make me come back after ML. If yes, I hope there's a change in jobscope. If no, I suppose that's the best for boss and me.

There's so much uncertainty in the air and it's weighing down on me. =s

I will need to talk to boss soon to discuss options. But I think I lack courage. What if she says "Bye" after the talk?

Hi mummies, I'm planning to get wetwipes. Anyone hv good lobang of what brand to buy and where to buy it. Preferably getting it in a carton.

Thanks in advance.
My friends all like Jeju wipes, you can get it from qoo10 and sometimes they have deals.

I like pigeon wipes, the white & blue color packet. it is wetter and softer than the red & white pack pigeon wipes.

hello babibami,

don't be afraid to talk to your boss.

I believe in maintaining a positive spirit at work as it will totally reflect whether you enjoy your current job. Is change in job scope something u r considering in a long run cos you want a lighter work load or is it out of desperation to tide thru the next 2-3 mths? Do give it a serious thought as you might be returning after ML to something you do not like to do.

Why not let your boss know... for example..

1. You r super charged and motivated to work harder to provide a better life for your new family.
2. You have very supportive family who can't wait to be part time babysitters while you are back to work
3. you are aware of your absence towards the last Qtr, but am looking forward to a good full year 2016 when things will be more settled by year end.

Your optimistic thinking will be much better than doubts and fear about your future with the company. When you have faith in your boss/mentor and her ability to allocate temp resources during your absence, you are already helping her build the team's cohesiveness and morale - why I say so.. If in future your team mates need to be absent from work, you also help to cover the work. You help me, I help u ya..

Don't think about whether you will be terminated or not. This is not what you opt for and worrying will not help you in your career AND your pregnancy. Remember, you are a strong mummy now with a clear vision ahead. You will have a meaningful and fulfilling life and are capable in providing for your family. I'm sure you will also want to instill the same positive mindset for your baby next time when he worries too much during his growing up stage.

Hi, is there a whatapps group for Sept 2015 mothers? If so , how to join?

I'm at wk 28 and been feeling abdominal stomach tightening which is uncomfortable ...

I will be delivering my first newborn at KKH early Sep. Would like to know what freebies KKH will be giving me and my baby, so that I can avoid buying duplicates. Mummies who have delivered at KKH before, pls kindly advise me! Thanks! =)

Hi ladies, I just went for my week 29 gynae visit and feel a tad sad... Doc say baby is bigger than usual... Which makes me think "am I making the baby unhealthy? Am I going to have a hard time giving birth since baby is big?" ... Even though husband show me google articles there is no problem having a big baby but I still worry... Sigh... Any moms experience the same issue?

my baby is on the big size too. I was tested to have GD. now any intakes also need to monitor. always think positive. My baby size is 1.3kg going to 28 weeks which is overbig

How much bigger is the baby? If u don't have GD, normally its ok.. Stay positive, eat healthy... The doctors will just monitor more closely and if there is any cause for alarm, i'm sure they will tell u... Ultrasounds are not always accurate in determining size... Its an estimation... Don't worry unnecessarily..

Back