IVF @KKH

CandyMeow

I did my first IUI on 23 March in KKH, BT is on 9 April. I only had one 22mm egg on last day of scan, lining was only 7.1 triple. I tested yesterday and today, all negative. I have finished Progynova today, only left with one more day's dosage of Duphaston. I feel that the chance of getting pregnant for this month is very very low. Is anyone doing IUI or IVF in KKH now?

Tomorrow is my BT day. Although my menses did not come yet, this morning the pregnancy test kit still showed negative result. I think there is really a very rare chance for me to get BFP tomorrow. If I fail this cycle, I will start IVF in May. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow's BT.

This morning, I went to KKH to take blood test. I checked with the nurse whether the medicine will cause my menses to delay, the answer was Yes. She told me the nurse would call me between 1pm-4pm, and she would give me further instruction base on the BT result. After the BT I went for a quick breakfast, out of my expectation the nurse called me at 10:45am. She verified my name and IC no. then told me my result is negative.

Since I'm not pregnant, I plan to go for a trip with my husband next week before our IVF briefing. I need to relax, refresh and recharge! Hope to gain more strength and energy after this short holiday.

CandyMeow... good luck to you! Which doc are you seeing now? Am starting my 1st IUI soon... cos it seems the standard protocol before proceeding to IVF. Doing my HSG this sat before concluding IUI or IVF though... pray hard.

i'm gg for IUI next week, i already plan my vacation up to oct liao..haha....
jul going to bangkok and oct going to kaoshiung...
even though im TTC now, i wun stop or steer my life totally to getting pregnant...
i just continue my lifestyle as per normal, like tat i wun be stressful as well

even though im TTC now, i wun stop or steer my life totally to getting pregnant...

Good luck to us!!! Wow... sounds like you are coping well with the holidays plans made! I must do that too... as it is, after the visit on mon, I'm already stressed up. I must relax!!! ;)

Good luck to us!!! Wow... sounds like you are coping well with the holidays plans made! I must do that too... as it is, after the visit on mon, I'm already stressed up. I must relax!!! ;)
ya... but i travelling lesser this year because want to save money for IUI...haha...
never know how many times of IUI I need to get pregnant...

ya... but i travelling lesser this year because want to save money for IUI...haha...
never know how many times of IUI I need to get pregnant...

That's quite true... am already cutting down on shopping. Thinking I might outgrow the clothes soon anyway...I hope! My auntie said..."have faith!"

CandyMeow... good luck to you! Which doc are you seeing now? Am starting my 1st IUI soon... cos it seems the standard protocol before proceeding to IVF. Doing my HSG this sat before concluding IUI or IVF though... pray hard.

I was seeing Dr Teo. For IUI I saw different Doctor every time.
I am going to start my IVF in May. Going down to attend the briefing and sign 'contract' this week.
All the best for your IUI, I only tried once. Some people will try 2-3 times if all fail then switch to IVF. I do not have much time, so wanna start IVF asap.

I also hope I can do that, but I won't take the risk to travel if I get pregnant. So only can plan for holiday after my menses came. My husband needs to take leave too. Just back from holiday, that would be my only oversea trip for this year leh.

Today is day 14, I went to KK to take blood test and scan. I heard a bad news Frm one of the nurse that my doctor Steven Teo is going to leave KK in June. Another female doctor tan tse yeun is going to take over. Feeling sad :'( .......

My first scan after stimulation was on day 8 (19 June). Lining was only 5.8, left side 4 follicles (7,5,4,4), right side 6 follicles (12,11,10,9.5,9,8). Doctor said i react well with the medicine and asked me to continue these 3 jabs with the same dosage for 3 more days and come back for review on day 11.

After the scan, I was quite worried about my lining. I started to eat black beans and drink soya milk everyday. Beside that, I also ate 2-4 egg whites everyday to ensure the quality of the eggs.

On Day 11 (22 June), my lining increased to 8.8, left side still 4 follicles: 13,7,6,6, right side 9 follicles:17.5,17,14.5,14.5,14,14,12.5 (the rest can't remember but all smaller than 12.5). ER day is on 25 June, ET is on 27 June.

It seems that black bean really works for me. But after taking 30 black beans for so many days, I really feel sick about it, so I'll stop eating it. Maybe just drink some soya milk to support the lining.

On day 12, I took my last Lucrin in the morning. went to KK O & G at night for last jab. We were quite early, in the end I took the jab 10 min earlier than the time state on the form, but nurse got indicate it so I think it should be fine.

On day 13, I stopped eating black beans, but still drank a cup of soya milk, and ate 4 egg whites.

On day 14, which is today, did my ER, retrieved 8 follicles, ET is scheduled on Sat. To my surprise, my doctor was here to do ER for me. Thought he is clearing his leaves before leaving KK. I'm so happy to see him today. Hope he can do ET for me on Sat too.

After ER,I felt a bit dizzy. I think maybe they give me too much anesthetic. I was 52kg in their record but now I'm only 49.5kg, lost some weight these few weeks. I did not experinece much pain after ER. I feel that If dun walk, the pain is same as menstrual cramps. I only got a bit spotting in the afternoon. Now totally stopped. Hope I can get rid of the pain tomorrow and tiao my body to the best condition bfore Sat :) . Now just drink as much water as I can.

Just now, I received a call from KK. They asked me to go early on Sat to do a blood test before ET. Hope I can pass the test tomorrow!

No, but I guess it is to test whether I got OHSS. Think if I can't pass the test, won't do ET for this fresh cycle. I really hope Tt will not happen , keep my fingers crossed.
I did not hv any bt b4 ET...anyway, gd luck to u for tmr ET...jia you!!!

On day 16, I reached KK very early for the blood test. I checked with the nurse, but no one knows abt it. She said there is no need for BT, I will do ET today anyway. The ET time was early than what they told me. Because I got bad experience during last IUI, I did not drink any water when they called me in. The procedure was really fast. I'm very lucky Tt doctor Teo came back to do ET for me. He told me tt I won't see him anymore in KK, leave me with his new contact. Out of the 8 eggs they retrieved, only 6 were usable. So they did ICSI for these 6 eggs and 3 rejected, 3 survived. In the end, I got 2 grade 4 embryos and one not very good embryo. Transferred two good embryos today. They will monitor the last one for me. Finally I'm in my 2ww. Hope my two little embryos guai guai stay inside :)

Not many, only 3. Transferred two. Dunno whether the last one can survive or not

Hi candymeow,

Don worry too much about the frozen embryo. Rest well during the 2ww.

I was with dr Teo too when I was with KKH for 3 yrs. Very nice doctor.

Have good rest and all the best

Hi candymeow,

Don worry too much about the frozen embryo. Rest well during the 2ww.

I was with dr Teo too when I was with KKH for 3 yrs. Very nice doctor.

Have good rest and all the best

Thanks yyw82, it's my first fresh cycle. Hope can succeed :) how are you now?

I'm now in my 2ww too but I'm no longer with KKH wanted to seek second opinion instead.
I'm now with TFC.

Oh, all the best to you too :)
What do you do in your 2ww?
I tried to bed rest yesterday but got headache. Today start to come out n walk walk.

Oh, all the best to you too :)
What do you do in your 2ww?
I tried to bed rest yesterday but got headache. Today start to come out n walk walk.

This is my 3rd time ivf. I did rest for a couple of days after transfer and did tcm during that first few days. But my job require me to fly around so I didn't have the luxury of resting. I flew to Taiwan for a seminar and 5dpt jus got back yesterday.

Next week is a busy week in office can't take leave too. So I don't really have much bed rest

This is my 3rd time ivf. I did rest for a couple of days after transfer and did tcm during that first few days. But my job require me to fly around so I didn't have the luxury of resting. I flew to Taiwan for a seminar and 5dpt jus got back yesterday.

Next week is a busy week in office can't take leave too. So I don't really have much bed rest

Oh my god! U r a iron woman! So strong. I take no pay leave to do ART. Can't imagine doing IVF while working .

Oh my god! U r a iron woman! So strong. I take no pay leave to do ART. Can't imagine doing IVF while working .

Guess after 3 failed IUI and 2 failed IVF I've learnt to take things easy. Leaving it all to God if I have another unsuccessful ivf at least I have a career.

sorry i am new to ivf. can anyone advise do u all do blood test before the briefing/counseling session? is this the norm?

Hello people, I'm new too... Not yet to the stage of IVF.. But waiting for AF to come to do IUI as advised by doctor... Good luck to u guys trying out there !

Guess after 3 failed IUI and 2 failed IVF I've learnt to take things easy. Leaving it all to God if I have another unsuccessful ivf at least I have a career.

Hi yy82, I'm really encouraged by what you said. I was feeling v down and wondering all the time if I shld give up my job as it's v stressful. But the qn is whether there's really such a need. I've tried to manage work and ivf...but both times ivf not successful. Sometimes I wonder if I shld take npl to focus on it but there'll always be another stress of whether it'll pay off ultimately (ie a successful ivf).

Hi yy82, I'm really encouraged by what you said. I was feeling v down and wondering all the time if I shld give up my job as it's v stressful. But the qn is whether there's really such a need. I've tried to manage work and ivf...but both times ivf not successful. Sometimes I wonder if I shld take npl to focus on it but there'll always be another stress of whether it'll pay off ultimately (ie a successful ivf).

If we quit our job there is no guarantee that we will have a baby at the end of the IVF road. Just be more careful when you are working and doing ivf I think you have done your best. It's your body no one shld make decision for you as you know if you could cope or not. At the same time no one is gonna give you a career just because your ivf failed.
Ppl empathize but nothing much they can do.
Be strong it's not an easy path but we grow out stronger.

Hello people, I'm new too... Not yet to the stage of IVF.. But waiting for AF to come to do IUI as advised by doctor... Good luck to u guys trying out there !
Thanks, girl! Good luck to your IUI too . Hope u can get preggy this time, no need to go through IVF :) jia you!

Today is day 8dpt, i always feel discomfort around my tummy area. It is like a menstrual cramp. I feel that my AF is going to come. I did ER on 25 June, if starts counting from that day, today is the 10th day after ovulation. I know it is still quite early, but I took an urine test just now after shower, can see a grey line there. It's my first time seeing this after a chemical pregnancy two years ago. Praying hard it will get darker n darker. Hope embies are staying strong.

Today is day 8dpt, i always feel discomfort around my tummy area. It is like a menstrual cramp. I feel that my AF is going to come. I did ER on 25 June, if starts counting from that day, today is the 10th day after ovulation. I know it is still quite early, but I took an urine test just now after shower, can see a grey line there. It's my first time seeing this after a chemical pregnancy two years ago. Praying hard it will get darker n darker. Hope embies are staying strong.
Hi candy I also tested 8dp3dt n gotten a very faint positive the last time. Best of luck to you!

Am sure they will stay strong. Congrats :)

Hi candy I also tested 8dp3dt n gotten a very faint positive the last time. Best of luck to you!

Hi queby77, thanks for your encouragement ! Mine is 2 day transfer. Do you know whether the utrogestan will affect the pregnancy test result?

If we quit our job there is no guarantee that we will have a baby at the end of the IVF road. Just be more careful when you are working and doing ivf I think you have done your best. It's your body no one shld make decision for you as you know if you could cope or not. At the same time no one is gonna give you a career just because your ivf failed.
Ppl empathize but nothing much they can do.
Be strong it's not an easy path but we grow out stronger.
totally on the same page w you. keeping my job while trying ivf the same time. but if the job is so stressful n making one unhappy, no point clinging to it even if not trying ivf. I got myself a happier workplace before embarking this ivf journey. at least if I'm not meant to hv kids, i can still keep my job.

Today is 9dp2dt. I tested again this morning . The grey line became slightly darker than yesterday. I hope can get a strong positive before my BT on 14 July.

i am so worried about my IUI next month.. dont know when is my AF coming. hopefully can come on time so that i can do IUI. at the same time, scare too 'many eggs' there. then have to cancel the treatment. :(

i am so worried about my IUI next month.. dont know when is my AF coming. hopefully can come on time so that i can do IUI. at the same time, scare too 'many eggs' there. then have to cancel the treatment. :(

Dun worry too much. Not possible to have many follicles if your homo level is normal. That time when I did IUI, I hoped that I can have 2 eggs. In e end only one dominant egg.

hmm... i have PCOS. so doctor do ultrasound say i have lots of eggs inside. so he is also worried that my treatment may be cancelled... i assume eggs=follicles right ?

Today is 9dp2dt. I tested again this morning . The grey line became slightly darker than yesterday. I hope can get a strong positive before my BT on 14 July.

Hi Candymeow, my BT is 13july, ER is on 24jun, Et 26jun, I had spotting these 2days and also feeling Menses like cramps, but don dare to test hpt yet. Today tues shld be 11dpo.

Hi Candymeow, my BT is 13july, ER is on 24jun, Et 26jun, I had spotting these 2days and also feeling Menses like cramps, but don dare to test hpt yet. Today tues shld be 11dpo.

Hi eggscatcher, you are one day earlier than me. Should be able to test now. I'm testing every morning see whether it gets darker and darker. But it won't show immediately two lines after the test. Must let it rest awhile. I also have cramps on and off. don't worry too much. I read your post, your two embies are very good quality ones, better than mine. I believe the spotting is caused by implantation, it's a sign.

hmm... i have PCOS. so doctor do ultrasound say i have lots of eggs inside. so he is also worried that my treatment may be cancelled... i assume eggs=follicles right ?

Oh, in this case just relax ba. You worry so much also no use. Just do one time IUI, if not successful then do IVF . Your case If do IVF sure have many eggs. I got one Fren with PCOS, retrieved 50 eggs, got 15 gd embryos, put in two, gave birth to one cute boy. She still has 13 frozen eggs.

Today is 10dpt. This morning the test kit showed same color as yesterday. Did not get any darker. I'm a bit worried. Praying hard now. Hope to see clear red lines tmr, not faint grey line anymore.

Oh, in this case just relax ba. You worry so much also no use. Just do one time IUI, if not successful then do IVF . Your case If do IVF sure have many eggs. I got one Fren with PCOS, retrieved 50 eggs, got 15 gd embryos, put in two, gave birth to one cute boy. She still has 13 frozen eggs.
very comforting... any idea did she have OHSS? cus the doctor say if too many high possibility to have OHSS....

Back