Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

While We are on centritrode to prevent ovulation, do you girls experience egg white kind of discharge? Like those when ovulation coming kind?

Im counting down to my ER...heart bi pok bi pok bi pok...not fearful of the op coz I will concuss anyway...fearful of after I wake up.. but I mentally prepared to embrace it liao...

Today morning woke up...my gastric area feeling the same type of pain as last post ER...very mild one though...scale of 0.5 only compared to the last scale of 9..think my ovaries r pushing alr....im toking to my ovaries whole morning....:(:rolleyes:

Think will if they r available...I'm seeing physician Kuai...her acu skills very good...almost can't feel anything for every poke...swift n steady...machiam like got martial arts....lol...

No need scare one... really...I so scaredy cat also continue goin...even when im on jabbing...
N im sure u will fall in love with the infamous lamp...lol...

Thanks. Ok I will visit them early morning tomorrow. I was actually very happy handling the jabs and blood tests at that time cos I felt I was being in some control. Now I must brainwash myself to think that way to face acupuncture, erm I will see how's my courage tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Physician: How can I help you?
Me: I want to see your infamous lamp!
Physician: What lamp?
Me: (Show veraine's lamp photo) I'm a fan of it! :D

Last edited:
Im counting down to my ER...heart bi pok bi pok bi pok...not fearful of the op coz I will concuss anyway...fearful of after I wake up.. but I mentally prepared to embrace it liao...

Today morning woke up...my gastric area feeling the same type of pain as last post ER...very mild one though...scale of 0.5 only compared to the last scale of 9..think my ovaries r pushing alr....im toking to my ovaries whole morning....:(:rolleyes:

That's probably the pain from your enlarged ovaries. Try to be in bed rest today and minimise big movements. I felt pain from my ovaries when I bended my body on the days nearing ER.

I know it's hard not to worry after having your OHSS experience.

It will be good for you to rest in the NUH ward until night time as precaution. I stayed till 9pm plus cos I was in pain and a merlion (vomitting several times) until the night.

Last edited:
Hi ladies who go TMC tcm at Kent Ridge building,

- Is the medicine given by them in powder form or we must brew them ourselves?
- What is your sinseh name?

Sorry I can't recall the above that was mentioned before.

I'm thinking of going for a visit to get tcm medicine to build up my health since I'm not taking any western medicine now. I'm not going for the acupuncture cos I'm a coward of the needles :oops: and that famous lamp lol.
Oooo ... i misread your post haha ... got caught up with Kent Ridge building, thought you meant the NUH one ... TMC tcm's at medical centre level 4

I'm seeing Kuai Hong also

Only 2 of them i think

I got a lot of the sticky discharge from my second day of simulation onwards. It lasted until I got my menses.

Yupz experiencing...ewcm indicating u r at ur fertile period n goin to ovulate soon....so shld see it...:D

See the worry cow strikes again! Now I am worried ovulation will come before the trigger shot because I saw the ewcm this morning :eek:

For those who has gone thru ER before, how it is like? Painful after awake from the anaestatic? Will feel groggy? Nauseous?

Me is the headache and the nausea from the headache.

And also putting on weight. But could be due to the buffets i've been to recently ... hahaha ... RWS durian buffet is up next!

Anyway few days ago I quite geh kiang and happily went to run, thinking I better run before the ovaries get more enlarged. During the run itself was ok, but the moment I stopped, aiyoh the cramps hor. So now guai guai don't run liao. Yesterday walked faster a bit, the bouncing made me feel the existence of something inside. Got phobia of that feeling eek.

See the worry cow strikes again! Now I am worried ovulation will come before the trigger shot because I saw the ewcm this morning :eek:

For those who has gone thru ER before, how it is like? Painful after awake from the anaestatic? Will feel groggy? Nauseous?
Pain yes, groggy Yes, nausea not really. But all in all is tolerable. They give painkiller if u complain pain

And also putting on weight. But could be due to the buffets i've been to recently ... hahaha ... RWS durian buffet is up next!

Anyway few days ago I quite geh kiang and happily went to run, thinking I better run before the ovaries get more enlarged. During the run itself was ok, but the moment I stopped, aiyoh the cramps hor. So now guai guai don't run liao. Yesterday walked faster a bit, the bouncing made me feel the existence of something inside. Got phobia of that feeling eek.

Naughty gal ah you :cool: Be careful of ovary torsions. Please go for slow walks instead of other exercises.

The pain level depends on how many follicles you have. Doc will prescribe painkillers.

Most get menses like cramp.

Last edited:

You will not ovulate while on cetrotide. The purpose of it is to prevent ovulation. It's normal to see the discharge. It gets worse closer to the ER day so don't worry.

For me, ER was pretty easy. Since it's general anesthesia, I didn't feel anything. Just woke up a couple of hours later. I was dying of thirst bcoz my ER was in the afternoon and I could not take water since midnight before, so that was a long time without water (or food). Other than that I didn't have any negative reactions - knock on wood. Felt a bit weak and slight bleeding. Still went to the pharmacy later and took the MRT home. I hope I can do the same this time. Praying...

Yeah probably just bloated ovaries for now. They say the % of OHSS is low, since you got it last time, maybe you won't this time, like lightning wouldn't strike twice... :)

So now that Monkey Chick is for sure going for ER Monday, do we know about others? SJ123, are you still doing ER Monday? How about the other girls? We should all be this week, right? I am guessing mine will be Friday or Saturday but of course won't know until officially informed by Prof. Just wondering who will be there with me at the OT. :D

Yeah I would say not to run. I can feel the ovaries bouncing inside of me too when I'm running to catch a bus. Not a good feeling!

So now that Monkey Chick is for sure going for ER Monday, do we know about others? SJ123, are you still doing ER Monday? How about the other girls? We should all be this week, right? I am guessing mine will be Friday or Saturday but of course won't know until officially informed by Prof. Just wondering who will be there with me at the OT. :D
Nurse guess it's either fri or sat for me!! :D

Yeah I would say not to run. I can feel the ovaries bouncing inside of me too when I'm running to catch a bus. Not a good feeling!
Yeah. Skipped sundown yest haha.. My hubby got his colleague to go with him. I went for buffet with my parents while waiting for him LOL.

Then think ate too much, so bloated. Felt like the intestines and ovaries were fighting for space inside. Tsk.

Don't know when yet. Tomorrow I'll ask see if they got estimate or not. Friday they told me to tell hubby to clear sperm liao.

That's probably the pain from your enlarged ovaries. Try to be in bed rest today and minimise big movements. I felt pain from my ovaries when I bended my body on the days nearing ER.

I know it's hard not to worry after having your OHSS experience.

It will be good for you to rest in the NUH ward until night time as precaution. I stayed till 9pm plus cos I was in pain and a merlion (vomitting several times) until the night.

Ya man...I can feel them alr...when I hav too big a movement,I can feel them bouncing inside me...lol...:rolleyes:...

I told my hubby this time i will refuse to leave until late late...死赖不走....until really coast clear...at least my iv still there,if they wanna administer anti biotics n "super" pain killer can use the same iv hole...I rem I literally holes everywhere then...left iv from ER, right iv when rushed into a&e...left,right hands every 3hrs draw blood....:(

Aiyo...really very notty ah....u duno how deep the ocean can get ah....dun test water ya...:rolleyes:

i suppose my phobia is alr deeply rooted...:D

Last edited:

It really depends on individual n number of follies retrieved...n how aggressive ur response is to the poking....for ER, no pain at all,woke up also no pain n not nauseous from GA...if it's not sudden engorging of my ovaries pushing my stomach n going into contractional state...really nothing to b fearful of....n tt's the aggressive response of my ovaries...not all will b like tt...:D

Aiyo...really very notty ah....u duno how deep the ocean can get ah....dun test water ya...:rolleyes:
That was few days ago, haven't feel anything yet.. I reasoned to myself Prof said no exercise after ER.. Haha.. So before ER ok la..

But ya, ocean can get very deep.. I kena bleeding corpus luteum last year heh, had one month of HL after operation.. So this time round no bloating yet thought better quickly exercise before it sets in :(

Yeah. Skipped sundown yest haha.. My hubby got his colleague to go with him. I went for buffet with my parents while waiting for him LOL.

Then think ate too much, so bloated. Felt like the intestines and ovaries were fighting for space inside. Tsk.

I go pee or poo alr also felt a bit loosened.. lolzzz....at least a little more space to spare..n the scary part is I can no longer feel tt I am urgent leh...jus bloated n bloated n bloated(only these 2 days)...got to remind myself go pee regularly...

That was few days ago, haven't feel anything yet.. I reasoned to myself Prof said no exercise after ER.. Haha.. So before ER ok la..

But ya, ocean can get very deep.. I kena bleeding corpus luteum last year heh, had one month of HL after operation.. So this time round no bloating yet thought better quickly exercise before it sets in :(

Omg!bleeding corpus luteam...u feel any pain from it....

U hav many follies also....risky...so try not to over exert...:D

I go pee or poo alr also felt a bit loosened.. lolzzz....at least a little more space to spare..n the scary part is I can no longer feel tt I am urgent leh...jus bloated n bloated n bloated(only these 2 days)...got to remind myself go pee regularly...
Hahaha.. I'm not at ur stage yet lol.. I only feel like peeing the whole time

Omg!bleeding corpus luteam...u feel any pain from it....

U hav many follies also....risky...so try not to over exert...:D
Bleeding CL is quite common.. So most people go undetected..

My prob was follicle ruptured already it didn't stop bleeding, docs suspected it went on for days before the pain set in.. They cleared abt a litre of blood fr inside me cos the organs all covered with blood all the way up to liver

It was the last cycle I was on injections.. NUH docs said it could happen any cycle, but my gynae then said it could be because of the buildup of extra liquid from injection that caused it

Anyway no way to prevent it.. Will only know when it happens heh

My prob was follicle ruptured already it didn't stop bleeding, docs suspected it went on for days before the pain set in.. They cleared abt a litre of blood fr inside me cos the organs all covered with blood all the way up to liver

It was the last cycle I was on injections.. NUH docs said it could happen any cycle, but my gynae then said it could be because of the buildup of extra liquid from injection that caused it

It sounds very scary with the pain and the 1 litre of blood! :eek:

Last edited:

Relax and cool down. All the best and have a smooth ER...many good quality eggs being retrive...huat huat :D

Slow walk should be ok...running too much for us. I am going to swim few times a week, hope that help in blood circulation, and planning to walk during stimulation

Don't know when yet. Tomorrow I'll ask see if they got estimate or not. Friday they told me to tell hubby to clear sperm liao.
That means it's coming soon. Maybe Wednesday? I think usually clear sperm 5 or so before ER, right? Good luck with the scan tmr. I will probably see you there as I will be there for scan bright and early again!

Hope ur er goes smoothly tomorrow. I can't wait for mine on Tuesday. I haven't been feeling any symptoms up till today. Stomach feel heavy. Just want to lie down all the time.
I guess we will be cycling buddy for et next month then. When the nurse told me it will take 2 af before the et I told her no prof promise if I postpone my et I can do it next month haha. I guess prof suggested that for my own good.

OMG! Never heard of it before. Shows how little I know...sounds really scary. Glad you recovered well.

Hope ur er goes smoothly tomorrow. I can't wait for mine on Tuesday. I haven't been feeling any symptoms up till today. Stomach feel heavy. Just want to lie down all the time.
I guess we will be cycling buddy for et next month then. When the nurse told me it will take 2 af before the et I told her no prof promise if I postpone my et I can do it next month haha. I guess prof suggested that for my own good.
So sj123, does that mean you have decided to postpone ET to a future cycle too? How many follicles are considered high risk of OHSS?

Good luck with the trigger tonight! :)

That means it's coming soon. Maybe Wednesday? I think usually clear sperm 5 or so before ER, right? Good luck with the scan tmr. I will probably see you there as I will be there for scan bright and early again!
Yeah yeah! I'll keep a lookout for a mermaid! :)

Yup, ER soon!! Whee!! And get the eggs out. Took a nap just now, think wrong angle and squashed one side, still feeling slight pain hmph

So sj123, does that mean you have decided to postpone ET to a future cycle too? How many follicles are considered high risk of OHSS?

Good luck with the trigger tonight! :)
20 follicles and over considered higher risk for OHSS. Will still up to individual body reaction.
I think postponing is the right thing to do. But I will talk to Chr again tomorrow. I think If I have enough to try blast that mean by the et time I should be clear of ohss risk. Haha just try my luck. Will see how they say.

OMG!!!!!:eek::confused:o_O...sounds really dangerous...organs covered with blood....jus bcoz of a natural process of rupturing follicle....

I guess we will be cycling buddy for etSmith month then. When the nurse told me it will take 2 af before the et I told her no prof promise if I postpone my et I can do it next month haha. I guess prof suggested that for my own good.

Nurse told me tt as well...:D...tt's also my discussion with prof...next mth fet...;)
Prof's stand is always safety first...esp when we cannt predict or anticipate our body reactions...

U can feel heavy stomach too ya?rest rest...think wat we need is rest n not too drastic movements....

My heavy stomach came only ytd n today woah...ovaries pushing against stomach...can feel them..funny part is last round,i felt bloated very early n towards the end,no symptoms at all...very different symptoms for these 2 cycles...

All the best for ur ER huh...smooth & safe one...n nice juicy eggs extracted...:D

You have a smooth and many eggs being retrieve too. Rest more and do only slow walk if you feel your stomach getting heavier. I remembered i was holding my stomach and walking like pregnant lady last round.
Jia you...

Ya and I'll remember what my surgeon said when I asked what symptoms there are: "pain will lead you back to us" :eek:

:eek::confused:

Horrible statement indeed! ... but is a true harsh statement...hehe...else i wont crawl back to hospital,pain led me there...haha...:oops:

@sj123, @MonkeyChick,

Both the nurse and prof are correct. If you start medication for medicated fet next month, there will be 2 bleeds before your et.

Safety comes first! Mommy's body must be well to receive the baby. Our hubbies also don't want us to take the risk for ohss.

All the best for your ER!

Tt's good to know lol...coz I noe I bled twice liao b4 fet liao....hehe...nurse more strict,she want natural cycle bleed twice...:rolleyes:

I add on some info ya...:)
The dangerous phase is post ET...n when r bfp...coz hcg triggers ohss...so tt's y high risk ladies r not triggered by hcg shot....from post ER onwards, ~48hrs..will clear u of post ER aggressive response, not coast clear of ohss..until af or coast clear by doc if u bfp...

Last edited:

Back