IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks tryingtoconceive2014, I have contacted them but Dr Loh wants to me to consult him at Thomson Fertility Centre instead.

Hi moinie,

Okay, that is good. You do know that Dr Loh SF is only in the Thomson Fertility Center in the morning, before 11:30 a.m.? Did he give you the address of it?

Lovetohavekids,thanks for sharing. In your 2nd cycle,did you have any frozen embryos left?

I failed 2 cycles. I am thinking to resign to fate or to try 3rd time. Phobia of failure also. Sian
I got one frozen embryo. Transferred that and it failed.

I just did third cycle. Got 4-5 embryos this round. Put in 2 but my full flow of mense came in 13dpt already so it failed. I think I shld have 2 frozen with another 1 under observation on ET day. Will only know on Monday when I go and get the report.

I felt sad that this round failed but I feel at least I have done my best and I won't have regrets. I do what I can and leave the rest to God.

Why don't you take a break first? Don't think about next IVF yet. I took a one year break between first and second cycle. I want to get my mind and heart ready first. That's why during my second cycle I was much more relaxed. I guess it helped. Diff pp take diff amt of time to be ready.

Some pp can be ready the following month but for me and my husband we took 6 months to decide and went back to doc for checks and set date for my second cycle. We had wanted to give up after first failed cos it was so devastating for us. Both of our reproduction condition dun seem to be good so we felt like it's hopeless one. But I decided that I dun want to regret it. I want to at least try all 3 fresh cycles and fully utilise co-govt grant. If at the end it's no, then so be it. So in a way, I thank God I tried. At least, I've got one child now. So you dunno until you have tried. At end, if it's still no child, at least you know you didn't do yourself any wrong and won't have regret.

Sorry. I very long-winded. Just want to share in the hope to encourage you. But at the end of the day, just follow your heart no matter what. It's your life. All the best!

I got one frozen embryo. Transferred that and it failed.

I just did third cycle. Got 4-5 embryos this round. Put in 2 but my full flow of mense came in 13dpt already so it failed. I think I shld have 2 frozen with another 1 under observation on ET day. Will only know on Monday when I go and get the report.

I felt sad that this round failed but I feel at least I have done my best and I won't have regrets. I do what I can and leave the rest to God.

Why don't you take a break first? Don't think about next IVF yet. I took a one year break between first and second cycle. I want to get my mind and heart ready first. That's why during my second cycle I was much more relaxed. I guess it helped. Diff pp take diff amt of time to be ready.

Some pp can be ready the following month but for me and my husband we took 6 months to decide and went back to doc for checks and set date for my second cycle. We had wanted to give up after first failed cos it was so devastating for us. Both of our reproduction condition dun seem to be good so we felt like it's hopeless one. But I decided that I dun want to regret it. I want to at least try all 3 fresh cycles and fully utilise co-govt grant. If at the end it's no, then so be it. So in a way, I thank God I tried. At least, I've got one child now. So you dunno until you have tried. At end, if it's still no child, at least you know you didn't do yourself any wrong and won't have regret.

Sorry. I very long-winded. Just want to share in the hope to encourage you. But at the end of the day, just follow your heart no matter what. It's your life. All the best!
Hi,
Thanks for sharing. No its not long winded. At least yrs is still got frozen. Means quality is still ok at least to some extent. Yap am taking a rest now. 1st ivf rested for 10mths prior to trying 2nd. No ivf but trying natural for current. Maybi i should go n attend some happy courses lol. Happy thoughts should be e key to success.

Hope there are cases where there are 0 embries n yet next try success with flying colours

This journey is definately not easy for some. Hope we all can graduate with a little cute healthy 1 in our hands. Jiayou ladies!!

Last edited:
Jas.. jiayou.. drink more water and eat more fruits.. during my 2ww, i ate kiwis and blueberries for vit c and they also act as antioxidant. I also squeeze some lemon in my thermo flask and drink everyday to keep my body alkaline but this is at yr comfort level cos some might think notbl gd to eat sour food during 2ww.
Thanks thanks wondersss :)

Grabbing ur bb dust n already put into my pocket le :)

Did any ladies succeed from initially with no frozen embries to -> success with flying colours n life birth in e next try?care to share wat u did?

Thks
Hi connie.. i will cut mine process short..
1st ivf 2012: retrieve 4 embryos, 2 fertilised but end up chemical pregnancy.

2nd ivf: rested for 3 yrs as hubby not ready during that 2 yrs.. took 1 yr to quit his smoking.. i reduce some wt (5kg) as im overwt.. did hatha yoga, drink lemon water almost everyday.. reduce meat intake and increase veggie n fruits plus cereal.. took folic acid, CoQ10 for months and 4 months of DHEA
Retreive 5 embryos but still left 2 fertilised.
but as u knw now my passing mark is still abit below so dunno consider sucessful or not but during 2ww is really rest relax and walk around..still in baking in progress so not flying colors yet.. half color can.. heehee :p :p

btw how long will the doc ask us to rest after a failed FET medicated? I will have to embark on a 2nd fresh for the next round sigh

Hi ladies.. went for a bloodtest and got my results.. nurse say im not at the passing mark of 250 so i have to go and re-take blood on monday again..pls pray for me..

Wondersss my beta started with only 196 n now i am into a progressing pregnancy

Dun worry so much... Be positive..

Hi all,
I'm 12 days after 3 days transfer. Yesterday n the day before started to see some Brown discharge n some cramp, today is more cramp plus blood, my blood test is coming thurs, stil got hope? So sian.... Stil have to stuff the white thing inside.

Hi all,
I'm 12 days after 3 days transfer. Yesterday n the day before started to see some Brown discharge n some cramp, today is more cramp plus blood, my blood test is coming thurs, stil got hope? So sian.... Stil have to stuff the white thing inside.
Laoshi,brown or red colour?if brown colour,i suggest u still continue putting e support. Call up kkh tell them abt yr condition and go for early bloodtest on monday. So that if positive,can ask for more supports.

Laoshi,brown or red colour?if brown colour,i suggest u still continue putting e support. Call up kkh tell them abt yr condition and go for early bloodtest on monday. So that if positive,can ask for more supports.
Today is red blood, but only little bit, hope amt won't increase.
Thanks f the advice.

If yours is natural FET, it's just go and scan on day 2/3 of mense. Then they will ask u to go back on day 7 or 10 for another scan to make sure u have a leading egg that's potentially going to ovulate and see lining is good. I can't rmb if I was given any jab to mature the leading egg. They will schedule for ET. On actual day they will thaw the egg. If survive then will put in else they will tell you. Much faster and simpler process.
oh. i din get to scan on D2 of menses... kkivf told me to scan D10 for my natural fet. hope it is alright. been eating beef everyday.

Hi Ladies

Anyone experience with very low beta and rising at a slow pace and suceeded with a smooth pregnancy?

My IVF doc suspecting i might be ectopic pregnancy since with spotting and beta so low and not doubled though increased....Sigh...never ending bad news. But since just near to 5 weeks Doc unable to scan any sac, think beta didnt go high enough to form sac too....

Very worried but i cant do anything just to wait for next BT and scan. My beta start with 16dpo3 beta 57, 19dpo3 beta 222, 22dpo beta 365.

So anyone have successful experience can boost my spirit.

Hi Ladies

Anyone experience with very low beta and rising at a slow pace and suceeded with a smooth pregnancy?

My IVF doc suspecting i might be ectopic pregnancy since with spotting and beta so low and not doubled though increased....Sigh...never ending bad news. But since just near to 5 weeks Doc unable to scan any sac, think beta didnt go high enough to form sac too....

Very worried but i cant do anything just to wait for next BT and scan. My beta start with 16dpo3 beta 57, 19dpo3 beta 222, 22dpo beta 365.

So anyone have successful experience can boost my spirit.
Hi precious babies, sorry to hear tht.. do u want to get another doc opinion and see if he can scan the sac... i cant help much but the western countries do have cases like tht but they seek for another doc opinion and some found the sac.. they have a website at www.misdiagnosedmiscarriages.com.. u can try n google n see if this help...

Wondersss,

May i check with you TSB mentioned what should Not be eat when u see her? did she say Why leh? Or did she mention What should eat now to increase hcg?

Thanks.

Wondersss,

May i check with you TSB mentioned what should Not be eat when u see her? did she say Why leh? Or did she mention What should eat now to increase hcg?

Thanks.
Precious bb, she didnt mention much but eat as 清淡 as possible.. no durians no heaty food.. no tonic or herbal soups..there is no food that can increase hcg.. now is to keep our body healthy.. she jus say if fall sick quite easy to miscarry.. jus drink her medicine n eat normally also water is v impt.. drink more to keep hydrated

Hi,
Thanks for sharing. No its not long winded. At least yrs is still got frozen. Means quality is still ok at least to some extent. Yap am taking a rest now. 1st ivf rested for 10mths prior to trying 2nd. No ivf but trying natural for current. Maybi i should go n attend some happy courses lol. Happy thoughts should be e key to success.

Hope there are cases where there are 0 embries n yet next try success with flying colours

This journey is definately not easy for some. Hope we all can graduate with a little cute healthy 1 in our hands. Jiayou ladies!!
I previously shared before that I know someone whose first IVF couldn't even get to the stage to fertilize the eggs into embryo. All the eggs retrieved disintegrated after retrieval. 2nd IVF she had only one grade 3 embryo for transfer. But it's a success. Now she is pregnant for about 18 wks. Doc says the baby is growing very healthily. Hope you will be encouraged! :)

I previously shared before that I know someone whose first IVF couldn't even get to the stage to fertilize the eggs into embryo. All the eggs retrieved disintegrated after retrieval. 2nd IVF she had only one grade 3 embryo for transfer. But it's a success. Now she is pregnant for about 18 wks. Doc says the baby is growing very healthily. Hope you will be encouraged! :)
Thank thanks!! :) hope i will be as lucky as her. For now, i shall take a break first until mentally ready to battle again :)

Any ladies doing FET this month.? conceived my boy in my first fresh cycle. He turns 3 soon. Failed second fresh last December and now going for Fet before I turn 40 next year. Still feel nervous though I did two fresh cycle before. With natural, everything is beyond my control from lining to ovulation. Any idea wat happen if I didn't ovulate?

Yes...it work both on me n hopeful13...:)

Mine was increased fm 5mm to 11.7mm triple n hopeful 13 fm 5.7mm to 7mm..no harm trying if u r ok to take beef..
Yes I've taken beef, red bean soup and even raspberry leaf tea! Sigh...my 6.1mm remained for 2 weeks before it went to 6.7because I was on e patches. Sigh..I hope it works by the time ET. And now on standby in case my embryos cannot wait til day 5.

Thanks ladies... so gladful for all of yr support!! Will keep myself hydrate n keep positive..
Went to pray after collection of my med and went to see TSB.. she told me no more LRD drink ginger tea or red bean soup no durians and tonic soups. eat as healthy and cannot fall sick.. critical timing for bb to stick well...
@wondersss did u drink TSB medi during the 2ww? I am thinking if I shld drink for my next fet.

I have been having heavy mense for 3 days. Usually, my heavy flow is just one day. I don't remember my previous failed cycles had such heavy mense. Has anyone experienced failed cycle with heavy flow more than your usual?

I have been having heavy mense for 3 days. Usually, my heavy flow is just one day. I don't remember my previous failed cycles had such heavy mense. Has anyone experienced failed cycle with heavy flow more than your usual?
Do not worry. Heavy flow is normal and is due to our thickened linens to prepare for the implantation previously. Now when fail, got to expel out via AF.

Any ladies doing FET this month.? conceived my boy in my first fresh cycle. He turns 3 soon. Failed second fresh last December and now going for Fet before I turn 40 next year. Still feel nervous though I did two fresh cycle before. With natural, everything is beyond my control from lining to ovulation. Any idea wat happen if I didn't ovulate?

HI HI , I just went thru my 2nd FET at KKH,now on 2ww. I was on progynova pills for about 1wk b4 ivf Dr gave the green light to do ET.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies, Started my progynova on 27th, Day 14 scan on 9th and if I have a blastocyst, does that mean that I have my ET on 14th?

Any cycle buddies here?

Back