Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I have 24 follicles today and prof recommended to freeze the eggs and et next month. Fear the risk of ohss. Haven't made up my mind. Don't know which is a better option.

Can u proceed with ER first n giv the decision by ER day?so tt u & hubby can consider carefully...discuss ur concerns together...

I share with u the factors I consider on making the decision...
Safety,time,fet vs fresh success rates...these r the 3 concerns we discussed in details...we lay down the pro n con...

Actually I think cetrotide more painful leh! The needle thick wor... pergo needle is thinner. Pergo is good for slow responders like me

Really ah?I abit fearful of cetrotide previously ...coz there's this stinging after sensation ...n needle really abit thicker than gonalf...pergoveris I only hear abt it...but is worth to endure it coz is meant to improve quality?:)

Really ah?I abit fearful of cetrotide previously ...coz there's this stinging after sensation ...n needle really abit thicker than gonalf...pergoveris I only hear abt it...but is worth to endure it coz is meant to improve quality?:)
For me, Cetrotide is itchy but does not hurt. It does turn my belly red for a while.

Had my second jab of Pergoveris today and was much better than yesterday. Only hurt a bit and no bleeding. Must have hit the wrong spot yesterday. Still learning...

Were you one of those who received phone call to go down at 0745 and were waiting outside clinic fr 0730? Hahaha.. Then in the end still go in at 0800 and the nurses unaware of phone call some more.. They seemed a little surprised at the number of us waiting at that time
Yes, I was one of them getting the call to come in earlier! When I got there, they said prof wasn't there yet, and they did seem to know what was going on. Hahaha

Can u proceed with ER first n giv the decision by ER day?so tt u & hubby can consider carefully...discuss ur concerns together...

I share with u the factors I consider on making the decision...
Safety,time,fet vs fresh success rates...these r the 3 concerns we discussed in details...we lay down the pro n con...
May I know what is the fet vs fresh success rate?

I'm on pergoveris too, and it stings! I am given because my E2 reading is too low. It's my 8th day of jab, and I'm on 300iu of gonal F (this is inclusive of 150iu of gonal F from pergoveris). Don't know if it's considered high, must be because my little fairies are slow bloomers :rolleyes:

Tt's ok de...slow & steady is good...ur little fairies will bloom beautifully...;)

300iu is higher than avg alr as far on our this forum?..but on US forums,i read tt they often kick start at ~250iu n 300iu is common to them..

Yes, I was one of them getting the call to come in earlier! When I got there, they said prof wasn't there yet, and they did seem to know what was going on. Hahaha
Haha cos I was one of those waiting when the shutters were still down. Then when someone came to open she was surprised and commented "today open 0745 ah?".. Then went in to ask the nurses inside, no one seemed to know why there were like 6 of us there before 0745 lol

For me, Cetrotide is itchy but does not hurt. It does turn my belly red for a while.

Had my second jab of Pergoveris today and was much better than yesterday. Only hurt a bit and no bleeding. Must have hit the wrong spot yesterday. Still learning...

Wrong spot,ouch!tt hurts!!!lolzzz....I actually followed remembeRaimbow method of poking with fingertip first to find the least painful spot....is useful...try try?..jus tt I grabbed too huge chunk of fatty meat on the 2 kiasee jabs...lol...:oops::p

Wrong spot,ouch!tt hurts!!!lolzzz....I actually followed remembeRaimbow method of poking with fingertip first to find the least painful spot....is useful...try try?..jus tt I grabbed too huge chunk of fatty meat on the 2 kiasee jabs...lol...:oops::p
Anyone went to ask prof abt Orgalutran jab instead of cetrotide? Orgalutran was really more convenient & I don't remember it stings leh. Don't know y I wasn't given cetrotide when I cycled last yr.

May I know what is the fet vs fresh success rate?

1-2% difference, with the good improvement of vitrification of embiess..fet is comparable with fresh, only 1-2% lower than fresh(this I asked Prof, not from reading articles coz online too many stats n studies so I prefer to ask)...:rolleyes:

So for ur age group, eg say fresh is ~38%...2% lower for fet...n this 2% u can consider n weigh if it's a good trade-off for safety..

b comfortable with ur decision...the decision making phase is very nerve-racking, once u hav decided..yes or no...u will feel relieve n jus look forward to next step liao....

Anyone went to ask prof abt Orgalutran jab instead of cetrotide? Orgalutran was really more convenient & I don't remember it stings leh. Don't know y I wasn't given cetrotide when I cycled last yr.

I din ask,slip of mind...but after started on cetrotide & I was standing near the fridge one the days n saw many of these orang utans...:D
..then i recalled...

1-2% difference, with the good improvement of vitrification of embiess..fet is comparable with fresh, only 1-2% lower than fresh(this I asked Prof, not from reading articles coz online too many stats n studies so I prefer to ask)...:rolleyes:

So for ur age group, eg say fresh is ~38%...2% lower for fet...n this 2% u can consider n weigh if it's a good trade-off for safety..

b comfortable with ur decision...the decision making phase is very nerve-racking, once u hav decided..yes or no...u will feel relieve n jus look forward to next step liao....
Did u do et the cycle u developed ohss? N how soon does the symptom kick in after Er? Got so many questions in mind hehe. Cause ohss was never my concern up till today hmm....

Tt's ok de...slow & steady is good...ur little fairies will bloom beautifully...;)

300iu is higher than avg alr as far on our this forum?..but on US forums,i read tt they often kick start at ~250iu n 300iu is common to them..
I was on 262 a day for my last cycle. on the US forums they often have 300 a day, sometimes even morning 300 AND evening 250. I have never heard of anyone in singapore on that type of dosage.

Hmmm, I read somewhere that FET has higher chances than fresh bcoz 1) if the embbies survived the freeze and thaw, they are probably strong ones, and 2) our hormones are more normal for FET and our bodies more ready. Not sure if it's true but agree there is not a big difference between the two based on what I read.

Good tip! Will try tmr. I may also try numbing it with ice first. Belly is already like the face of MMA fighter covered in bruises...

Did u do et the cycle u developed ohss? N how soon does the symptom kick in after Er? Got so many questions in mind hehe. Cause ohss was never my concern up till today hmm....

Din do ET in that traumatic cycle...symptoms kicked in 2hrs after I got discharged from day ward...today I asked again...was told giv it 48hrs,within 2days,if things r fine then coast clear for the symptoms I experienced then....:)

I was on 262 a day for my last cycle. on the US forums they often have 300 a day, sometimes even morning 300 AND evening 250. I have never heard of anyone in singapore on that type of dosage.
Ya lor, I feel so uncertain I asked the nurse a few times to confirm its normal. Nurse say prof also agree with the dosage. Really leh, don't know so much just follow instruction is best. Now I so worried some thing is wrong with my body.

Hmmm, I read somewhere that FET has higher chances than fresh bcoz 1) if the embbies survived the freeze and thaw, they are probably strong ones, and 2) our hormones are more normal for FET and our bodies more ready. Not sure if it's true but agree there is not a big difference between the two based on what I read.

I read tt too...hehe...also during fet,body will b less stressful compared to fresh...on the hand,I also read tt fet 5%-10% lower based on studying on a sample size ..it cld b an old article then...
can b pretty confusing with so many articles n studies published online ya?

Furthermore hor...different clinics also hav different figures...clinical stats r different....o_O
So i asked lo since it's one of the factors im discussing with hubby..asked alr i felt more assured...:D

Ya lor, I feel so uncertain I asked the nurse a few times to confirm its normal. Nurse say prof also agree with the dosage. Really leh, don't know so much just follow instruction is best. Now I so worried some thing is wrong with my body.
Sorry, I mean that no one I know in Singapore is on 550 IU/day. I think 300 is still pretty normal. Don't worry too much! Everyone is different and needs different medication to achieve the best outcome. It's such a balancing act - cannot stim too little or too much. Just know that your dosage was given based on their experience and your stats, and there is a reason for that. Relax and enjoy these two weeks of shots. This is my preferred part, knowing what's going on and feeling hopeful. Much better than the 2WW...

Sorry, I mean that no one I know in Singapore is on 550 IU/day. I think 300 is still pretty normal. Don't worry too much! Everyone is different and needs different medication to achieve the best outcome. It's such a balancing act - cannot stim too little or too much. Just know that your dosage was given based on their experience and your stats, and there is a reason for that. Relax and enjoy these two weeks of shots. This is my preferred part, knowing what's going on and feeling hopeful. Much better than the 2WW...
:):) That's so true. Didn't know I can be such a worry cow until I embark on this journey, I thought Im very chill kind :rolleyes: at least now doctor can control the result, when the 2ww comes, can only pray to mother nature. So glad to be on this road with you ladies, so grateful for all the laughter and support here. :eek: Must be the hormones, so emo. MUACKZ! :p:p

Last edited:

No worries...nothing wrong...comes to dosages jus listen to doc n ur body...ur body is telling u.. more more,feed them....:D

I've been on NorE for 10 days now (started 25 Jun); 2 pills twice per day.

Tummy is getting bloated. :(

Just weighed myself and am shocked that I've gained almost 3kg! :eek:

Don't remember I had this during my first fresh.

Anyone with similar experience? Is this something to be alarming?

担心....

:):) That's so true. Didn't know I can be such a worry cow until I embark on this journey, I thought Im very chill kind :rolleyes: at least now doctor can control the result, when the 2ww comes, can only pray to mother nature. So glad to be on this road with you ladies, so grateful for all the laughter and support here. :eek: Must be the hormones, so emo. MUACKZ! :p:p

Sigh...on this journey,u will see alot of urself that u hav nvr once seen b4...all kinds of patterns n thots n imaginations n reactions n behaviors...machiam like dissociative identity disorder...no need think abt chill...chill is for apple,orange or carrot juices liao...lol...:D:rolleyes:

担心....
Hello! I took Nore for 9 days, I don't feel anything different

担心....

I was bloated and gained weight on Nor E, which made me more moody and hungrier. I felt like a whale on my fresh cycle. The gonal F made me bloated too.

Try not to worry, the bloatedness and other side effects gradually disappear a few weeks after ER.

Hehe I got a feeling that you will be very responsive to the simulation hormones and will get a good number of follicles later. ;)

We gals are investing a lot into this IVF game, including our self-image 自我形象 gone liao ...

Last edited:
Sigh...on this journey,u will see alot of urself that u hav nvr once seen b4...all kinds of patterns n thots n imaginations n reactions n behaviors...machiam like dissociative identity disorder...no need think abt chill...chill is for apple,orange or carrot juices liao...lol...:D:rolleyes:

Very true on the dissociative identity disorder.

Haha you will be my cycling buddy too. Your part 1 is with chloe, part 2 is with me.

I think @aarlysa will also be cycling with both of you. :)

Last edited:
I was bloated and gained weight on Nor E, which made me more moody and hungrier. I felt like a whale on my fresh cycle. The gonal F made me bloated too.

Try not to worry, the bloatedness and other side effects gradually disappear a few weeks after ER.

Hehe I got a feeling that you will be very responsive to the simulation hormones and will get a good number of follicles later. ;)

We gals are investing a lot into this IVF game, including our self-image 自我形象 gone liao ...

@Day_Dreaming

Yah, from mermaid to whale... :(

But hopefully it's a sign that am responding well.

Stay positive, stay positive! All the way till BFP! :D

Wanna share something with u ladies...

I bled for 2 jabs I took,blood literally trickled into the needle portion...of coz followed by bruising ...usually I dun bleed when I withdraw the needle....I try to figure out wat was done differently for these 2 jabs...n guess wat....I realized i became kiasee after reading Veraine's post on poking something inside...so I grabbed really a huge chunk of flesh, deep in also...n I bled from the jabs...likely I hit a vein when I grabbed such a huge deep in chunk?

So I tried to go back to normal...jus grabbing abt 1-1.5inch,not too deep in...perfectly ok...no more bleeding from then....

I told my hubby n we laughed over it....coz I finally understand wat does 越怕死,越先死 mean....lolzzz....:D
越怕死,越先死....haha...so true..
I remembered someone ask the question during seminar, Prof assured that nobody was so skinny until poke into organ or break the syringe ;)
No worry all, just be normal and you are in good hand ya

I was doing fine with Gonal F and Cetrotide. Today I did my first injection of pergoveris and it really hurt. I also drew a lot of blood, and my belly is now dark from the bruise. Still have almost a week of injections to go. I hope it's not always like this!
Pergoveris has the burning effect, i am getting use to it after few jabs. Just relax and dont think about the burning effect, you will be good.
I even told myself if the burning feel can help to burn some of my fats, thats perfect :D

Pergoveris has the burning effect, i am getting use to it after few jabs. Just relax and dont think about the burning effect, you will be good.
I even told myself if the burning feel can help to burn some of my fats, thats perfect :D

Hey I like your positive thinking! We all love to burn some fats away, aren't we? Haha
clear.png
:D

Have you tried eating pineapple and babydance to seduce fairy god mother. Pineapple has worked for me and other ladies ;)

Hi ladies who go TMC tcm at Kent Ridge building,

- Is the medicine given by them in powder form or we must brew them ourselves?
- What is your sinseh name?

Sorry I can't recall the above that was mentioned before.

I'm thinking of going for a visit to get tcm medicine to build up my health since I'm not taking any western medicine now. I'm not going for the acupuncture cos I'm a coward of the needles :oops: and that famous lamp lol.

Last edited:

I'm thinking of going for a visit to get tcm medicine to build up my health since I'm not taking any western medicine now. I'm not going for the acupuncture cos I'm a coward of the needles :oops: and that famous lamp lol.
Aiyoh, you not coward with the painful needles but coward with the acupuncture ones.. Just go for acu la haha.. Confirmed no prob! You just need to watch out for THAT lamp hahaha.. Close your eyes and it won't be in sight :)

Powder. My dr is Ho Wee Kok. Very nice man... some other ladies see another dr I think

Aiyoh, you not coward with the painful needles but coward with the acupuncture ones.. Just go for acu la haha.. Confirmed no prob! You just need to watch out for THAT lamp hahaha.. Close your eyes and it won't be in sight :)

Simulation period is only 2 needles per day. Acupuncture is 40? 50? needles at a go wah :eek:

I'm thinking of just walking in tomorrow morning without appointment, wonder will they entertain me? Today they are closed, so I can't call them today.

Simulation period is only 2 needles per day. Acupuncture is 40? 50? needles at a go wah :eek:

I'm thinking of just walking in tomorrow morning without appointment, wonder will they entertain me? Today they are closed, so I can't call them today.

Think will if they r available...I'm seeing physician Kuai...her acu skills very good...almost can't feel anything for every poke...swift n steady...machiam like got martial arts....lol...

No need scare one... really...I so scaredy cat also continue goin...even when im on jabbing...
N im sure u will fall in love with the infamous lamp...lol...

Back