IVF/ICSI Support Group

Did anybody have doctors advising to take Coenzyme Q10? I read some good stuff but my dr didn't recommend taking anything but folic acid. I'm not sure if I should take it. It's my first fresh cycle.
Doc prescribe me DHEA cos my eggs are not gd and i bought my own CoQ10 to eat for 3 months before ivf tog with folic acid..

Connie, doc ask me to take 1 tablet 2 times per day..

Doc prescribe me DHEA cos my eggs are not gd and i bought my own CoQ10 to eat for 3 months before ivf tog with folic acid..

Connie, doc ask me to take 1 tablet 2 times per day..
Wonderess,this is prescribed by kkh to me, it states start with 2 for 1 week,then 3 after 1 week,meaning 75mg.

My amh is actually ok value but afc count low.dun tally with e amh on egg reserves findings.

Private doc say i no need to take. So i am actually blur blur to take so much or not.
Becos i understand its a hormone pill, n i scared swing to e extreme. But my other side of e brain telling me it may improve egg quality.
How much mg are u taking and is yr amh value ok?

I starting e first pill today after keeping e dhea bottle for 3 mths. :p E kkh dhea is brand from life extension

Last edited:
Wonderess,this is prescribed by kkh to me, it states start with 2 for 1 week,then 3 after 1 week,meaning 75mg.

My amh is actually ok value but afc count low.dun tally with e amh on egg reserves findings.

Private doc say i no need to take. So i am actually blur blur to take so much or not.
Becos i understand its a hormone pill, n i scared swing to e extreme. But my other side of e brain telling me it may improve egg quality.
How much mg are u taking and is yr amh value ok?

I starting e first pill today after keeping e dhea bottle for 3 mths. :p E kkh dhea is brand from life extension
Same brand as mine.. im not sure the mg im taking but i think is 25mg.. my amh is 2.4 intially after the first ivf cycle failed and retest it before my 2nd cycle my amh dropped to 0.4.. but i cant take too much cos i will get itches as it is onemof the side effect

Thank you for the replies.

How mg of CoQ10 did you take? Is 150mg sufficient?
Yup, it's quite late for me. I used to take it last year but I stopped. Then I read that it may help with quality of egg and sperm so wanted to just try taking it again.
But when do you stop taking the CoQ10, after ER or can still continue after ET?

As for DHEA - I can't find it at GNC. I shall look around.

@wondersss Congrats! Hope to join you soon. :)
@jas249 When is your ET? Good luck ya.
Juz called kkivf. Look like my fet will delay due to lab cleaning as my coming menses will be ard 31 July. They only take in 4 Aug onwards. Sianx..anyone know how many cycle of rest from failed fet to new fet?
Hi twinkletot, thanks thanks :)

My ET tmr...so far no call fm kkh so i hope my embbies r ok...pray hard!!!

Btw, if doctor gv a go ahead, mayb can start the nxt cycle after failed FET but u need to talk to dr tan so he can pass the go ahead memo to kkivf centre..

Thank you for the replies.

How mg of CoQ10 did you take? Is 150mg sufficient?
Yup, it's quite late for me. I used to take it last year but I stopped. Then I read that it may help with quality of egg and sperm so wanted to just try taking it again.
But when do you stop taking the CoQ10, after ER or can still continue after ET?

As for DHEA - I can't find it at GNC. I shall look around.
Hi fyi, Singapore retail shops are not allowed to sell dhea. It neefs to be prescribed by doctors

Same brand as mine.. im not sure the mg im taking but i think is 25mg.. my amh is 2.4 intially after the first ivf cycle failed and retest it before my 2nd cycle my amh dropped to 0.4.. but i cant take too much cos i will get itches as it is onemof the side effect
Thks for e reply :) amh lower value means aftrr taking,yr amh result is worse?but its a bfp?

@wondersss and @j_snow, I called in to KKIVF just now. She said if do blood test tomorrow, I will get result only on Monday. So I decided to do on Monday morning instead. I forgot to ask is it cos the lab is not open on Sat but I believe so.
Hey babe.. i also called ivfcentre.. the ladies say reach before 730 and they will let us knw the results in 4 hrs time so not sure which is which..shld hve gone down today hor..lols

Thks for e reply :) amh lower value means aftrr taking,yr amh result is worse?but its a bfp?
Hi connie, i also dunno issit after my first ivf that affect my amh levels.. doc say age also affect amh levels.. still not consider bfp until i take the blood test tml... ;) ;)

Congrats @wondersss!!! Grabbing ur baby dust...

@jas249, i did first round FET last month failed. This mth immediately do 2nd round n finish my last egg...

In my 2ww now but only 1 grade2 embryo. Btw. On medicated FET, will still ovulate as per normal?

Hey babe.. i also called ivfcentre.. the ladies say reach before 730 and they will let us knw the results in 4 hrs time so not sure which is which..shld hve gone down today hor..lols

Hi connie, i also dunno issit after my first ivf that affect my amh levels.. doc say age also affect amh levels.. still not consider bfp until i take the blood test tml... ;) ;)
Should be good news tomolo morning! :)

Seems like this number is extremely busy...called them since morning but no one pick up. :confused:

Hi moinie,

Your best bet is to call early in the morning, but still often they do not pick up, especially when the nurses are busy attending to the patients and Dr Loh SF. Or try calling during their lunch hour, from 1:30 p.m. onwards, as it is their break, and they are more likely to pick up.

Hi twinkletot, thanks thanks :)

My ET tmr...so far no call fm kkh so i hope my embbies r ok...pray hard!!!

Btw, if doctor gv a go ahead, mayb can start the nxt cycle after failed FET but u need to talk to dr tan so he can pass the go ahead memo to kkivf centre..
All the best for your ET tomorrow!

Hi ladies.. went for a bloodtest and got my results.. nurse say im not at the passing mark of 250 so i have to go and re-take blood on monday again..pls pray for me..

Hi ladies.. went for a bloodtest and got my results.. nurse say im not at the passing mark of 250 so i have to go and re-take blood on monday again..pls pray for me..
Try not to think and worry too much ok? Go do things that'll distract you.. All the best

Hi all,
Just did a HPT and its negative. Today is d15pt.
My 3rd ivf still fail but I don understand what is wrong with me doc says nothing is wrong and still bfn.

Good luck to all ladies on 2ww.

Anyone did embryo transfer to different hospital before. What's the process and time line pls. Is it safe??

Hi mesara,
I transfer my embryo from KKH to TFC paper work takes a week. The cost will involve transportation and storage. Transportation for both hospital.
Cost ard $1500.

Jas249, all e best for yr et today!!

Wonderess, at least a bfp, maybe miracles will happen this time round. 245.3 n 250 sounds near.u believe in religion? Pray to it for strength. Stay positive first!

Hi moinie,

Your best bet is to call early in the morning, but still often they do not pick up, especially when the nurses are busy attending to the patients and Dr Loh SF. Or try calling during their lunch hour, from 1:30 p.m. onwards, as it is their break, and they are more likely to pick up.
Thanks tryingtoconceive2014, I have contacted them but Dr Loh wants to me to consult him at Thomson Fertility Centre instead.

My bbt is still at high side today- 36.7degC. When I tested negative on Thursday it was 36.4degC. What's wrong leh..I've stopped medication since the test. Crazy body...:eek:

Yup.. 245.3..
Jus took the medicine.. so monday re test again... still feel insecure.. :(
That's very good! By Monday your count might already be above 1000. My successful cycle count was only 277 on day 18/19. I panicked a little at time when I heard mine was only 277 cos all the ladies in the forum were having 500+ to 1000+ count. But my pregnancy was still a ease with no complications at all. Baby was born totally normal and healthy at a weight of 3.45kg. So be very positive about it. Drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. Think happy thoughts.

Hi all,
Just did a HPT and its negative. Today is d15pt.
My 3rd ivf still fail but I don understand what is wrong with me doc says nothing is wrong and still bfn.

Good luck to all ladies on 2ww.
It must be very hard for you... Is this the third fresh? If there is nothing wrong with u and hubby then it's just a matter of time. Someone I know oso had totally no problem but after 10 years in marriage still couldn't conceive. It was heartbreaking every month for her. Then when they decided not to think about it anymore suddenly conceived. Recently, gave birth to a healthy boy.

Im officially in my 2ww...trf 2 embbies...grade 3 n 2...n 2 more under observation...

Juz hope the 2 embbies in me wl glue n stick tight tight in me...n oso hope the 2 under observation wl fight all their ways to stay firmly in kkh..cross fingers n pray hard!!!
Yey! Remember to drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. Your body needs lots of water during this time. Think happy thoughts! Do things that make you relax and happy. But of cos no yoga or any strenuous exercise. All the best!!!

Did any ladies succeed from initially with no frozen embries to -> success with flying colours n life birth in e next try?care to share wat u did?

Thks

Did any ladies succeed from initially with no frozen embries to -> success with flying colours n life birth in e next try?care to share wat u did?

Thks
My first cycle: only 2 fertilized embryos usable out of 30 eggs retrieved. Failed cycle.

Second cycle: 3 usable embryos. Put in 2 and successfully pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 3.45kg. She is 2yo now. Very healthy. Hardly falls sick.

Some diff between the 2 cycles:
1. I took coenzyme Q10 & DHEA in my 2nd cycle as prescribed by doc. But during 3rd cycle, the same doc told me some reports say these 2 medication may not be of help actually so he didn't prescribe to me again for 3rd cycle.

2. I drank water regularly during 2ww for 2nd cycle. I don't have a habit of drinking water regularly. But I purposefully drank more water during the 2nd cycle.

3. Drank red bean soup during 2ww. But not daily. Just randomly. Can't remember which are the days I drank it.

4. Ate 2-4 egg whites for a few days during 2ww. Some ladies eat 4 egg whites daily for the whole 2ww.

5. Watch happy shows! Laughed a lot during my second cycle. Haha. First cycle I was too stress. Second cycle I kinda forgot I was in my 2ww. Basically, I relaxed a lot more than the 1st cycle.

That's about it. Hope it helps. :)

My first cycle: only 2 fertilized embryos usable out of 30 eggs retrieved. Failed cycle.

Second cycle: 3 usable embryos. Put in 2 and successfully pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 3.45kg. She is 2yo now. Very healthy. Hardly falls sick.

1. I took coenzyme Q10 & DHEA in my 2nd cycle as prescribed by doc. But during 3rd cycle, the same doc told me some reports say these 2 medication may not be of help actually so he didn't prescribe to me again for 3rd cycle.

2. I drank water regularly during 2ww for 2nd cycle. I don't have a habit of drinking water regularly. But I purposefully drank more water during the 2nd cycle.

3. Drank red bean soup during 2ww. But not daily. Just randomly. Can't remember which are the days I drank it.

4. Ate 2-4 egg whites for a few days during 2ww. Some ladies eat 4 egg whites daily for the whole 2ww.

5. Watch happy shows! Laughed a lot during my second cycle. Haha. First cycle I was too stress. Second cycle I kinda forgot I was in my 2ww. Basically, I relaxed a lot more than the 1st cycle.

Lovetohavekids,thanks for sharing. In your 2nd cycle,did you have any frozen embryos left?

I failed 2 cycles. I am thinking to resign to fate or to try 3rd time. Phobia of failure also. Sian

Wondersss, am sure will be good news from u on Monday. Rest more and don't stress too much k? :)

Im officially in my 2ww...trf 2 embbies...grade 3 n 2...n 2 more under observation...

Juz hope the 2 embbies in me wl glue n stick tight tight in me...n oso hope the 2 under observation wl fight all their ways to stay firmly in kkh..cross fingers n pray hard!!!
We put in same grade of embbies too! Hope our little one hang in tight!

Yey! Remember to drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. Your body needs lots of water during this time. Think happy thoughts! Do things that make you relax and happy. But of cos no yoga or any strenuous exercise. All the best!!!
Thanks thanks lovetohavekids..:)

I wl heed ur advice to drink more more water though im not a water person..:)

My girl is also 2 .... just turned in June. :)

Thanks ladies... so gladful for all of yr support!! Will keep myself hydrate n keep positive..
Went to pray after collection of my med and went to see TSB.. she told me no more LRD drink ginger tea or red bean soup no durians and tonic soups. eat as healthy and cannot fall sick.. critical timing for bb to stick well...

Jas.. jiayou.. drink more water and eat more fruits.. during my 2ww, i ate kiwis and blueberries for vit c and they also act as antioxidant. I also squeeze some lemon in my thermo flask and drink everyday to keep my body alkaline but this is at yr comfort level cos some might think notbl gd to eat sour food during 2ww.

Thanks ladies... so gladful for all of yr support!! Will keep myself hydrate n keep positive..
Went to pray after collection of my med and went to see TSB.. she told me no more LRD drink ginger tea or red bean soup no durians and tonic soups. eat as healthy and cannot fall sick.. critical timing for bb to stick well...

Hi wonderesss,

Sorry, but what is TSB and LRD?

Back