(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@twirlcandy can give example how to calculate total intake given by ur PD?
Okay :) for example LO is 4.5kg..

Based on my first formula, she should be drinking (4.5 x 150* = 675 ml in a day).
Hence, per 3-hrly feed is ( 675ml / 8 feeds = 84.3 ml).

If the amount is not enough for baby, recalculate by mulptiplying by 160* instead of 150.

(4.5 x 160= 720 ml in a day)
(720 / 8= 90 ml per feed)

CL leaving today after 8weeks!! Joining u girls for night feeds! Grrrrr.. Any mummies using Mustela? Reviews?

My hubby help out quite a bit whenever he's home. But he will get flustered once LO cannot be soothed. We'll be bringing her out tomorrow to meet friends. It'll be so challenging. She wants to be carried and walk around nowadays. Don't know if she will be good in her stroller. Haven't let her be inside before.

CL leaving today after 8weeks!! Joining u girls for night feeds! Grrrrr.. Any mummies using Mustela? Reviews?

My hubby help out quite a bit whenever he's home. But he will get flustered once LO cannot be soothed. We'll be bringing her out tomorrow to meet friends. It'll be so challenging. She wants to be carried and walk around nowadays. Don't know if she will be good in her stroller. Haven't let her be inside before.
@Purplehunny , did u restart milking? Muz take care ya..

Just wanna rant a little here..
My LO fell off the bed this morning! My hubby let her sleep in her day bed since last nite. We didn't know s

We didn't know she can kick so much till she fell off the bed! She cried so hard and I was full of guilt cos keep scolding myself why didn't I insist to put her back into her cot...
Will monitor her for today.. hope she will be alright.. :(

We didn't know she can kick so much till she fell off the bed! She cried so hard and I was full of guilt cos keep scolding myself why didn't I insist to put her back into her cot...

Ohh no.. my #1 fall twice. Real guilty each time. Do watch out for vomiting or fever. Hope baby wont fuss. Take good care!

My LO using Mustela Dermo Cleansing Gel, Newborn Foam Shampoo and Vitamin Barrier Cream.

Cleansing gel and barrier cream are our favorite for our NB...we used the same on our #1 too! Love the scent and it is really gentle on their skin. Paranoid me read too much on J&J bad reviews...so nv buy their bodywash except wet wipes.

Recently bot NB Foam Shampoo as she seems to be developing cradle cap... Hope it will work well!

Perhaps you may try babywearing if your LO prefers to be carried... I didn't try it with my #1 previously... Seems like it calms and soothes my LO now as she snuggles close with me (easy to bf also). I'm using a ring sling borrowed from my babywearing fanatic fren. :)

I agree on the baby wearing part esp if this is your first outing and baby not use to stroller. Am speaking from experience. The first time out with the stroller was such a disaster. Baby refuse to be put down. Cry and cry. Ended up I had to carry her all the way.

Having said that, to prepare the next outing with stroller, familiarized baby with stroller first at home. What I did was, I had the stroller in the living room and I put her in the stroller during the day. Push ard the house. It was hard as the moment I put her she cried. But slowly2 she was ok with it. Even if she sleeping during the day I wld put her in the stroller. Took me abt 3 weeks before she is kinda ok with the stroller.

Oh dear oh dear. Hope she's fine now. Check if there r any bumps on her head, and keep a lookout for vomitting, not the usual regurgitating of milk.

This happened to my #1 too, dun be too upset k.

Talking abt stroller, issit ok to put my 5wk old on a stroller which is slightly inclined? Bought one and didnt realised cannot fully lie flat.

But then again my bouncer which I lay him down in e daytime oso has slight incline.

@Purplehunny , did u restart milking? Muz take care ya..
I did start power pumping but the flow didn't really came back. My opened wound healed but still try to keep my legs close as much as possible. I tried to touch the episiotomy wound and it felt sore leh. Any mummies experiencing the same? Don't know if it's cos my restitching and deep stitches that's why so long,8weeks today.

Have some mummies resume bedroom activity with hubby?

Talking abt stroller, issit ok to put my 5wk old on a stroller which is slightly inclined? Bought one and didnt realised cannot fully lie flat.

But then again my bouncer which I lay him down in e daytime oso has slight incline.
Use an infant insert which supports the head and neck should be fine?

I did start power pumping but the flow didn't really came back. My opened wound healed but still try to keep my legs close as much as possible. I tried to touch the episiotomy wound and it felt sore leh. Any mummies experiencing the same? Don't know if it's cos my restitching and deep stitches that's why so long,8weeks today.

My lochia stopped at week 3 post partum and wound healed completely a week earlier. Had resumed 'bedroom fun' about one month post partum after feeling fine generally... *sheepish smile haha

My LO using Mustela Dermo Cleansing Gel, Newborn Foam Shampoo and Vitamin Barrier Cream.

Cleansing gel and barrier cream are our favorite for our NB...we used the same on our #1 too! Love the scent and it is really gentle on their skin. Paranoid me read too much on J&J bad reviews...so nv buy their bodywash except wet wipes.

Recently bot NB Foam Shampoo as she seems to be developing cradle cap... Hope it will work well!

Perhaps you may try babywearing if your LO prefers to be carried... I didn't try it with my #1 previously... Seems like it calms and soothes my LO now as she snuggles close with me (easy to bf also). I'm using a ring sling borrowed from my babywearing fanatic fren. :)
I agree on the baby wearing part esp if this is your first outing and baby not use to stroller. Am speaking from experience. The first time out with the stroller was such a disaster. Baby refuse to be put down. Cry and cry. Ended up I had to carry her all the way.

Having said that, to prepare the next outing with stroller, familiarized baby with stroller first at home. What I did was, I had the stroller in the living room and I put her in the stroller during the day. Push ard the house. It was hard as the moment I put her she cried. But slowly2 she was ok with it. Even if she sleeping during the day I wld put her in the stroller. Took me abt 3 weeks before she is kinda ok with the stroller.
@minidonut I also bought the foam for cradle cap. Haven't start using. Using samples for the cleansing now. I've sample for the hydra face cream but don't know if should try it. Is it normal that baby's face is a little rough? My LO's complexion is a bit rough with small bumps but can't really see.

@narizah shall start training her on her stroller now. Hopefully she will like it. Grrrrrr... I don't have any other baby wearing except ergo baby carrier. But she's too small to be in it.

@minidonut I also bought the foam for cradle cap. Haven't start using. Using samples for the cleansing now. I've sample for the hydra face cream but don't know if should try it. Is it normal that baby's face is a little rough? My LO's complexion is a bit rough with small bumps but can't really see.

@narizah shall start training her on her stroller now. Hopefully she will like it. Grrrrrr... I don't have any other baby wearing except ergo baby carrier. But she's too small to be in it.

Use the sg50 baby sling ah. Its actually not bad tho.

Its been 100days, and I pity my husband. I still dont want to be 'disturb'. I can get agitated tho.
But I pity myself more lah. Day and night become milk machine and diaper changer. So husband can go relax one corner first! Hehehhe

Its been 100days, and I pity my husband. I still dont want to be 'disturb'. I can get agitated tho.
But I pity myself more lah. Day and night become milk machine and diaper changer. So husband can go relax one corner first! Hehehhe

Same here. Super no mood. Already not enough time to sleep and pump. And think my sitting posture during pumping very bad, my tummy quite big. With my papaya boobs, dun exactly feel attractive =(

@Purplehunny today is the 2nd day I'm using the foam shampoo. Seems like it is working! Can see little fine hair sprouting and those flakey skin starts to come out more...
I regretted that I din buy for my #1 last time...tried baby oil method but it didn't work, and she was botak at the front part till she turned 1yr+ *guilty*

Those tiny bumps could be milk rash...i usually use my bm and apply. It goes off pretty fast. You can try the face cream sample pack...no harm i think... Mustela is a fairly reliable brand. :)

Some people told me that if tummy doesn't shrink and get back to shape after a certain time frame, it will be very difficult to do so after that. Is it true? I didn't hv any postnatal massage n still hv flabby tummy. Any mummies hv manage to get back to shape?

Some people told me that if tummy doesn't shrink and get back to shape after a certain time frame, it will be very difficult to do so after that. Is it true? I didn't hv any postnatal massage n still hv flabby tummy. Any mummies hv manage to get back to shape?

Round is a shape as well, right? So counted? Hehhehehehe

I am not that small to begin with. I did 7days massage after discharged from hospital. Wore the girdle as and when I remember (despite my mum reminding me to put it on!) Got hungry easily esp after pumping or latching, hence I just eat and eat.

Definitely lost the pregnancy weight alrdy. But I nowhere near a flat tummy. Hehhehehehe. ...
But at least I can still wear the pre-pregnant clothes. No need to shop for more.

I find my feet got a lil bigger after I delivered! Shoes that I wore during pregnant are all tight now.

Please monitor when your LO sleep on tummy position. Just to share that my friend that delivered same date as me her baby just passed away. When discovered her baby face facing down, and he sleep at tummy position.
Oh.. that's very sad and heartbreaking to hear :(

I have post natal massage at week 7 post delivery due to c sect. Only feel slim when wearing bengkong. If not my tummy resume to flabby one although better. But now eat a lot cannot get rid that fat tummy. Before pregnant, i also got tummy not flat one. Can wear my loose pre pregnancy cloth liao but those with button in front cannot wear, boobs bigger now. Lols.

My LO also fell off once from my hubby's hand. Hubby hold him to soothe bb to sleep and sit on the sofa. End up he sleepy and baby fell off from his hand. Bb startled and crying afterwards. I monitor my bb few days after. Looks like is fine only a bit cranky and crying that night.

I did not buy baby cot and I co sleeping with baby on the floor with tilam. So he could only feel max 3 inch high. Lols

My hubby say the opposite. Saw my big tummy when sitting. Cannot get rid of it. Ask hubby if he wants it he said no rush he can wait. Then he wait lor.... Dunno wait until which cat year.

I burst out laughing reading this.. i tink it will take many yrs for me to get rid of it too.. after my #1, the tummy is always with me, got a little smaller (4yrs later) then i pregnant liao with #2.

I am not that small to begin with. I did 7days massage after discharged from hospital. Wore the girdle as and when I remember (despite my mum reminding me to put it on!) Got hungry easily esp after pumping or latching, hence I just eat and eat.

Definitely lost the pregnancy weight alrdy. But I nowhere near a flat tummy. Hehhehehehe. ...
But at least I can still wear the pre-pregnant clothes. No need to shop for more.

I find my feet got a lil bigger after I delivered! Shoes that I wore during pregnant are all tight now.
I still got 2kg to pre-preg weight. Pants n jeans still can't wear yet. Only slim down upper body! So sad.
Tummy still like 3/4mths big.
I oso easily feel hungry after pump and have been eating A LOT of durians since confinement.
My shoes still can wear but the problem is, my high heels give way after not wearing for months! Now I got phobia wearing heels out cos scare drop off half way. Hahaha...

I still haven figure out how to use it! Always feel bb very low in e sling hmmmm
I prefer ring sling to the SG50 baba sling. The baba sling always seems to drop lower and lower and not easy to reach for the back to tighten the strap. The material is rougher compared to Mum In Minds Ring sling which is very soft. Bamboo cloth material.

I prefer ring sling to the SG50 baba sling. The baba sling always seems to drop lower and lower and not easy to reach for the back to tighten the strap. The material is rougher compared to Mum In Minds Ring sling which is very soft. Bamboo cloth material.
I tried the SG50 sling today but after about half hour baby cried... Seems like not v comfy or I am wearing it wrongly...

My lochia stopped at week 3 post partum and wound healed completely a week earlier. Had resumed 'bedroom fun' about one month post partum after feeling fine generally... *sheepish smile haha

Wah u very brave! I aso 8wk plus dont dare..

I still haven figure out how to use it! Always feel bb very low in e sling hmmmm

I aso cant figure out how to use it, watch youtube read manual ask ppl, still cannot.

@sweetness jus monitor bb, its norm to fall off the bed, but best to get a bed rail jus in case again co-sleep on bed.
All my kids co-sleep with me till ard 2yrs old, LO aso start turning 3/4, den can squirm too but lucky i got bay window so bed is 'longer'.

*raise 2 hands* im one example tummy nv flat!! Do post natal massage for all kids aso nv flatten.. Now now bringing out lil pumpkin, esp wen sit n pump milk actually can rest the bottle on tummy!
Honestly need be hardworking n do sit ups. I saw friends who return to FLAT tummy thru hard work. But.....i cant find time n motivation! Since my hub aso say nvm den i dun bother :rolleyes:

How often does ur Lo suck his fingers or hands? Mine like open eyes keep sucking. :(

My LO sucks his fingers n hand very often recently. Sometimes he will put his fist into his mouth n make a loud sound when "eating his fist..I m wondering if he is teething soon. He is drooling also.

Haha.. U are rite.. round is a shape too. I can't wear most of my clothes as I was very skinny before pregnant. I wore XS before that. Now I can wear M already. But tummy still looks big n flabby.

Tink my LO haven figure out how to control his hands yet. Yours is smart. Hee. Mine only lick when his hand happen to touch his mouth.

My boi only happen to suck finger when he suddenly open his hands while knuckle/fish in mouth den jus suck what whatever he feel. Abit irritated cos now wen he hungry he nv cry, only suck his hands loudly like asking me wake up to feed him. Sometimes i tink suck too long till his sleeve wet at night :( change diapers end up more job to do.

@gleaflim wah tats quite alot diff in size.. But no matter what, its the scarifice and outlook of what mummies did for her child...! But i feel more aunty now, last time can wear dress, now need wear loose tops n bottoms. Haha

@furbee maybe i took out his mitten only these 2 weeks. He dun hv chance to explore his hands. Their fingernails grow pretty fast. Sometimes i still wear his mittens for him now... ops.

*raise 2 hands* im one example tummy nv flat!! Do post natal massage for all kids aso nv flatten.. Now now bringing out lil pumpkin, esp wen sit n pump milk actually can rest the bottle on tummy!
Honestly need be hardworking n do sit ups. I saw friends who return to FLAT tummy thru hard work. But.....i cant find time n motivation! Since my hub aso say nvm den i dun bother :rolleyes:

Some men don't mean what they say. So...better to get rid of that flabby tummy. Makes you feel good about yourself too.

My hubby also said he didn't mind my flabby tummy. Then when I started going for my "slimming" treatment, he saw the result (tummy was slightly smaller) & commented that the treatment is good so I should go for more. Hmm....what does this imply? Anyway my treatment is actually meant to detox, not just flatten the tummy. I'm doing it for health's sake more.

Btw, my girl sucks her fist too. She does it whenever she has nothing better to do....haha. Sometimes sucked till you can hear the 'tsk tsk' sound. My parents-in-law always ask her "Baby, you eating drumstick ah?" Haha. So cute.

Haha.. U are rite.. round is a shape too. I can't wear most of my clothes as I was very skinny before pregnant. I wore XS before that. Now I can wear M already. But tummy still looks big n flabby.
I have a different kind of problem now.. I became even skinnier by around 2kg than pre pregnancy days till the relatives ask whether my hubby is starving me and he got abit 'pissed' cos obviously he isnt.. Bt i am eating more than ever to cope with the demands of breastfeeding :|

Btw, my girl sucks her fist too. She does it whenever she has nothing better to do....haha. Sometimes sucked till you can hear the 'tsk tsk' sound. My parents-in-law always ask her "Baby, you eating drumstick ah?" Haha. So cute.

Mine too. Can put whole fist in somemore. Once, she was enjoying her fist, and she wanted to take it out and her finger got stuck. She cried in frustration. It was just soo funny lah her expression. Hehhehehe....

Now she can suck her fist till whole face wet. I guess its the drooling and sucking fist phase.

I always try to pull away her fist whenever she puts in her mouth. Sometimes I just let her be lah. I gave her teether, she don't wanna bite. So its either her fist or my thumb and she can suck till got sound.

I have a different kind of problem now.. I became even skinnier by around 2kg than pre pregnancy days till the relatives ask whether my hubby is starving me and he got abit 'pissed' cos obviously he isnt.. Bt i am eating more than ever to cope with the demands of breastfeeding :|

Wow... so envy you.. eat but never get fat!! Ur nutrition all goes to the baby thru ur breastmilk.

Lucky u... Ya but do understand u can get stressed if ppl keep asking why u lost so much weight.

Back