Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I read somewhere e2 will tell u how many eggs u have... every 1 k is one egg. So chr will always aim 10-15k because 10-15 eggs is ideal to them

10-15 is also my ideal number...:(
seems tt is too far from me....far far away ..cant even smell it...:p

Keep a close watch..E2 is getting high...but alr on 9th day so shld ard this range...dun hav to worry,Prof watches it closely...he is more on it than us...haha...

E2 has to increase,on avg, double every 2 days but gotta b under safe range on trigger...u hav ~20foliies so expected to b high...nurse told me safe range is 10k or 13k, tmr I will ask ask Prof for knowledge...jus for knowledge...

Ytd I google E2 vs egg quality...it mentioned E2 higher than 6k,egg quality will b affected...I sad for few sec,then close the window...I happily ignored/filtered it...lolzzz...coz I noe im in good hands...y shld I get bothered by an article...hehe...200% trust & confidence in prof

Mine is targeted on Monday, tmr another scan/bt to check, if ok, likely will trigger alr...:D
I am going for another scan tomorrow as well. At first prof said targeted er on tues. But because of high e2 after bt they want me to go back tomorrow and most likely will move the er up to Monday.

I am going for another scan tomorrow as well. At first prof said targeted er on tues. But because of high e2 after bt they want me to go back tomorrow and most likely will move the er up to Monday.

Good good!...see..prof is watching very closely ya....hehe...my idolized hotcake...
He wan u to go into coasting 1 day earlier...
During coasting, ur E2 will drop slightly...

Wat's ur follies sizes?

We might see each other tmr & in OT! Let's hld hands tight tight n brave through another hurdle ya....

Good good!...see..prof is watching very closely ya....hehe...my idolized hotcake...
He wan u to go into coasting 1 day earlier...
During coasting, ur E2 will drop slightly...

Wat's ur follies sizes?

We might see each other tmr & in OT! Let's hld hands tight tight n brave through another hurdle ya....
Haha we probably been seeing each other but just can't recognise. I was there on Monday and today as well.

Mine biggest one is 16. N probably another 6 range from 15 to 13 based on what I heard from prof when he told Sharon. 10 follicles on each side.

Yours?

Haha we probably been seeing each other but just can't recognise. I was there on Monday and today as well.

Mine biggest one is 16. N probably another 6 range from 15 to 13 based on what I heard from prof when he told Sharon. 10 follicles on each side.

Yours?

Mine ranging from 13-17.5mm...15 follies on each side...

This cycling batch ladies all got high follicles count(not too high will b the best!)..n growth also steadily with range 2-3mm apart...really good...hurdle after hurdle...

Last 3 hurdles r the most critical ones...post ER,egg quality & the almighty ET..let's start praying hard & keep our fingers n toes all crossed...:D

I will cheong 2 more hurdles with u all then i shall retreat,then go behind closed doors n recuperate n cheong for the last hurdle next mth....u all continue to fight on ya...fighting!!!

Last edited:
Today day 8 of stims..Got increase in number of follicles..

RHS has 11 now, cyst still present.. 14, 13.5 and smaller ones.. LHS 8 follicles.. Heard a few "11"s

Lining is 10mm

Stats look quite good hor.. But my stats for IUI were also good too all the while.. But never bfp still.. Tsk

And I was told I got running veins so must "stabilize" my vein when drawing blood haha

That's a good number. And good lining too. Slowly but surely!

Haha I only have one and the only one precious vein on my left. Even though I am right handed the vein on my right hand is very fine and almost invisible.
There is only one stand out vein on my left and it has been poked 3 times since this cycle. The nurse help me to press on it for a minute today. She told me this vein is very precious, must bao bei because the rest of the bt will rely on it too

Prof will be exhausted after ER of MonkeyChick and sj123 Monday! That's a total of 50 follicles! Who knows if even more will show up Monday? :D

Dun wan dun wan...dun wan too many....u noe I pray hard tt I hav 15follies...but mayb I din pray clear enuf, there's a misunderstanding...i'm given 15foliies each side...dabomb!!o_O:rolleyes:

That's funny!i din think much into details...now i think abt it...yes..tiring man!:D

Prof will be exhausted after ER of MonkeyChick and sj123 Monday! That's a total of 50 follicles! Who knows if even more will show up Monday? :D

Guess what I am visualizing about reading your post? I imagine prof to be using a huge vacuum cleaner like equipment to suck out the 50 precious eggs hahaha. :p

Oh and the measurement of the 50 follicle sizes one by one on the scan machine would also take a long time for poor prof. :p Hands aching too.

Reading the nice stats here from all of you who are cycling, bring a smile on my face. Hope to hear more good news from you ladies!! :)

Last edited:
Wanna share something with u ladies...

I bled for 2 jabs I took,blood literally trickled into the needle portion...of coz followed by bruising ...usually I dun bleed when I withdraw the needle....I try to figure out wat was done differently for these 2 jabs...n guess wat....I realized i became kiasee after reading Veraine's post on poking something inside...so I grabbed really a huge chunk of flesh, deep in also...n I bled from the jabs...likely I hit a vein when I grabbed such a huge deep in chunk?

So I tried to go back to normal...jus grabbing abt 1-1.5inch,not too deep in...perfectly ok...no more bleeding from then....

I told my hubby n we laughed over it....coz I finally understand wat does 越怕死,越先死 mean....lolzzz....:D

Last edited:
Wanna share something with u ladies...

I bled for 2 jabs I took,blood literally trickled into the needle portion...of coz followed by bruising ...usually I dun bleed when I withdraw the needle....I try to figure out wat was done differently for these 2 jabs...n guess wat....I realized i became kiasee after reading Veraine's post on poking something inside...so I grabbed really a huge chunk of flesh, deep in also...n I bled from the jabs...likely I hit a vein when I grabbed such a huge deep in chunk?

So I tried to go back to normal...jus grabbing abt 1-1.5inch,not too deep in...perfectly ok...no more bleeding from then....

I told my hubby n we laughed over it....coz I finally understand wat does 越怕死,越先死 means....lolzzz....:D

越怕死,越先死.... hahaha! Sometimes we scare ourselves with our imagination.

My hubby went to ask the nurse if the needle would poke into my organs anot. She assured him that it wouldn't. I told him to let me test the needle on him but he refused to haha.

I bled for my first own jab cos I withdrew the needle out too fast.

Last edited:
I am also waiting leh happybb... ur cd what today? I got af coming feeling but somehow is not appearing... really don't wanna eat meds to induce.

I think everyone on this forum have her own challenges and struggles in life. I feel very inspired daily when I read all ur stories of strength and courage.
Are you waiting for ur first or second natural AF post ivf??

Keep a close watch..E2 is getting high...but alr on 9th day so shld ard this range...dun hav to worry,Prof watches it closely...he is more on it than us...haha...

E2 has to increase,on avg, double every 2 days but gotta b under safe range on trigger...u hav ~20foliies so expected to b high...nurse told me safe range is 10k or 13k, tmr I will ask ask Prof for knowledge...jus for knowledge...

Ytd I google E2 vs egg quality...it mentioned E2 higher than 6k,egg quality will b affected...I sad for few sec,then close the window...I happily ignored/filtered it...lolzzz...coz I noe im in good hands...y shld I get bothered by an article...hehe...200% trust & confidence in prof

Mine is targeted on Monday, tmr another scan/bt to check, if ok, likely will trigger alr...:D
Did prof say what's the optimal E2 value? That time nurses say my E2 value kind of low.. So increase dosage. My last E2 value was 4k plus only, before prof decide on ER

This cycling batch ladies all got high follicles count(not too high will b the best!)..n growth also steadily with range 2-3mm apart...really good...hurdle after hurdle...

Last 3 hurdles r the most critical ones...post ER,egg quality & the almighty ET..let's start praying hard & keep our fingers n toes all crossed...:D

I will cheong 2 more hurdles with u all then i shall retreat,then go behind closed doors n recuperate n cheong for the last hurdle next mth....u all continue to fight on ya...fighting!!!
The number of follies sound very ideal! What jab and dosage are u on now?

Did prof say what's the optimal E2 value? That time nurses say my E2 value kind of low.. So increase dosage. My last E2 value was 4k plus only, before prof decide on ER

Nvr...I haven asked Prof...but reading online mentioned it supposed to approximately double every 48hrs to b considered "healthy" growth...:)

Is not easy huh..too.low also no good coz maturity or growth may not b there...high also no good coz ohss risk....

Last edited:
The number of follies sound very ideal! What jab and dosage are u on now?

Not ideal...:p...too many or overstim affects quality, high risk of ohss & also the more eggs that's being retrieved from ovaries, will expect a more aggressive response from ovaries post ER...

i was told abt tt...imagine poke once alr agitate the ovary...keep poking...can imagine how angry the ovaries r...so they retaliate...o_O

Im on gonalf...at only 100iu...

My hubby went to ask the nurse if the needle would poke into my organs anot. She assured him that it wouldn't. I told him to let me test the needle on him but he refused to haha.

Ya lo,wild imagination can really b scary...lol...my first jab I also withdrew too fast n I scratched my belly with the needle,so got a ~1-2cm cut across belly...all kinds of funny things happened bcoz of kiaseeism...lolzzz....:rolleyes::D

I was doin really fine this round...no shivering of hands, minimal pain,almost no pain at all....like a pro...until i held that huge chunk of flesh due to wild imagination...when i saw blood oozing out,i yelled for help....very the no composure anymore...:oops:

Ya lo,wild imagination can really b scary...lol...my first jab I also withdrew too fast n I scratched my belly with the needle,so got a ~1-2cm cut across belly...all kinds of funny things happened bcoz of kiaseeism...lolzzz....:rolleyes::D

I was doin really fine this round...no shivering of hands, minimal pain,almost no pain at all....like a pro...until i held that huge chunk of flesh due to wild imagination...when i saw blood oozing out,i yelled for help....very the no composure anymore...:oops:

I was doing fine with Gonal F and Cetrotide. Today I did my first injection of pergoveris and it really hurt. I also drew a lot of blood, and my belly is now dark from the bruise. Still have almost a week of injections to go. I hope it's not always like this!

I have quite a bit of "cushion" in the belly so I never worried about poking into organs. Especially now I am getting supersized. FINALLY there is some benefit to having these "love handles"!! :p

Also, I was at the clinic and CHR first thing in the morning Friday, so probably saw a few of you ladies who are doing scans. Who was there today? (Not that I know what you look like hehehe)

I was doing fine with Gonal F and Cetrotide. Today I did my first injection of pergoveris and it really hurt. I also drew a lot of blood, and my belly is now dark from the bruise. Still have almost a week of injections to go. I hope it's not always like this!

Oh u r on pergoveris?tt's the most painful jab I heard...from nurse...I'm jus curious..do u noe y u r prescribed pergoveris?is ur protocol tt's discussed b4 stim or is there a triggering factor to start pergoveris?....asking jus for my curiosity ya...hehe...:D

You ladies really hilarious.. Hahaha.. No composure nmind la lol!!!

@Day_Dreaming can run round house with needles in her hand and poke husband! Hehe..

Also, I was at the clinic and CHR first thing in the morning Friday, so probably saw a few of you ladies who are doing scans. Who was there today? (Not that I know what you look like hehehe)
Were you one of those who received phone call to go down at 0745 and were waiting outside clinic fr 0730? Hahaha.. Then in the end still go in at 0800 and the nurses unaware of phone call some more.. They seemed a little surprised at the number of us waiting at that time

Were you one of those who received phone call to go down at 0745 and were waiting outside clinic fr 0730? Hahaha.. Then in the end still go in at 0800 and the nurses unaware of phone call some more.. They seemed a little surprised at the number of us waiting at that time
No leh... I was at FCC till 9am then hop over to clinic.

Oh u r on pergoveris?tt's the most painful jab I heard...from nurse...I'm jus curious..do u noe y u r prescribed pergoveris?is ur protocol tt's discussed b4 stim or is there a triggering factor to start pergoveris?....asking jus for my curiosity ya...hehe...:D
I am the best/worst patient bcoz I don't ask a lot of questions...just follow instructions. It was in my stims plan so no sudden change or trigger. I am guessing prof saw something in my last failed cycle that indicated I could benefit from this, but I never asked why. The more I know, the more I worry if my numbers/processes are normal /good and Google like crazy, so sometimes I don't even ask anymore. Like an ostrich, burying my head in the sand... :)

Detailed scan yesterday.. V fast, at my end of 2nd tri liao.. Yesterday asked sonographer to double confirm prince so that I can start buying blue.
Every morning I wake up 1st thing I do is to thank God for him.
I'm rooting for all of u this month!!! Reading all your updates makes me v kanchiong also!

Woohoo!keep going...:D
So double confirmed alr u can see little birdie ya?hehe...
That's very nice character of u...showing ur appreciation n gratitude everyday...something i learn for the day...;)..

Last edited:
I was the other ostrich for fresh cycle. I didn't know any readings of my e2 and hormones throughout it. Ignorance is bliss.

My 1st fresh I was also an orstrich..lolzz...scanned,jabs,bt,scanned,jabs,bt...duno the levels as well...while my follies count spiralled to 30+(I still duno exact counts jus noe is many) n E2 hitting 37k...I was still happy,thinking good mah many many wor...but doc was worried for me alr...n yet I duno y...

Now I truly understand y...heartfelt her worries...so I looked back my last fresh data...n was abit stunned...lol...jaw dropped...

Is good not to noe too much at times..there's a reason y there's this phrase "ignorance is bliss"...hehe...if I hav knew then, I wld hav been battling my fear everyday like this cycle lo..lol...the only good I can think of is can b more alert or vigilant on situations n how to best handle them...:D

I am the best/worst patient bcoz I don't ask a lot of questions...just follow instructions. It was in my stims plan so no sudden change or trigger. I am guessing prof saw something in my last failed cycle that indicated I could benefit from this, but I never asked why. The more I know, the more I worry if my numbers/processes are normal /good and Google like crazy, so sometimes I don't even ask anymore. Like an ostrich, burying my head in the sand... :)

Oh I c....im asking jus out of curiosity...no specific reason y...in short,u can call it kay pohing...lol..:p...coz is a painful jab...everytime i heard of it...heart bi pok bi pok jump...:rolleyes:

My 1st fresh I was also an orstrich..lolzz...scanned,jabs,bt,scanned,jabs,bt...duno the levels as well...while my follies count spiralled to 30+(I still duno exact counts jus noe is many) n E2 hitting 37k...I was still happy,thinking good mah many many wor...but doc was worried for me alr...n yet I duno y...

Now I truly understand y...heartfelt her worries...so I looked back my last fresh data...n was abit stunned...lol...jaw dropped...

Is good not to noe too much at times..there's a reason y there's this phrase "ignorance is bliss"...hehe...if I hav knew then, I wld hav been battling my fear everyday like this cycle lo..lol...the only good I can think of is can b more alert or vigilant on situations n how to best handle them...:D

Good that you are getting daily scans and e2 is better controlled for this cycle :)

After coming across some articles, then I know doc performed 5 days of coasting on me during my fresh to prevent ohss. Many days of coasting affect embryo quality. This knowledge made me lose confidence in my embryos quality, and think all remaining 10 embryos will not implant too. :(So I have been self talking to myself not to worry so much and just try try try .....

Last edited:
Good that you are getting daily scans and e2 is better controlled for this cycle :)

After coming across some articles, then I know doc performed 5 days of coasting on me during my fresh to prevent ohss. This knowledge made me have no confidence in my embryos quality, and think all remaining 10 embryos will not implant too. :(So I have been self talking to myself not to worry so much and just try try try .....

Ignore the articles...lolz!...now once articles made me upset..i filter out very quickly....hahaha...jus listen to doctor...i believe they hav the best interests for us based on individual scenario...:D

How many snowbabies u hav?
Prof told me coz i asked if overstim,can i say it affects the whole batch of eggs?ans is no(happy ans for us!)..if eggs r not good,they wld not hav survived n made it to freezing...those that made it r the fighter warriors(this term i said one, not prof...prof used a professional term,good or satisfactory)...:D

Last edited:
Ignore the articles...lolz!...now once articles made me upset..i filter out very quickly....hahaha...jus listen to doctor...i believe they hav the best interests for us based on individual scenario...:D

How many snowbabies u hav?
Prof told me...if eggs r not good,they wld not hav survived n made it to freezing...those that made it r the fighter warriors(this term i said one, not prof...prof used a professional term,good or satisfactory)...:D

Left 10. Wow, that's good news for "popcorn" ladies like us! ;) thanks for sharing it.

How is your scan today morning? Triggering tonight?

Last edited:
Actually I think cetrotide more painful leh! The needle thick wor... pergo needle is thinner. Pergo is good for slow responders like me

Anyone will be at nuh to see prof this wed? I'm going for my next steps appointment.

Hope prof will let you start your natural fet on this coming cycle! :)

I wish I can cycle with you leh! Sigh I am not allowed to take leave for work this month.

Last edited:
I'm on pergoveris too, and it stings! I am given because my E2 reading is too low. It's my 8th day of jab, and I'm on 300iu of gonal F (this is inclusive of 150iu of gonal F from pergoveris). Don't know if it's considered high, must be because my little fairies are slow bloomers :rolleyes:

I have 24 follicles today and prof recommended to freeze the eggs and et next month. Fear the risk of ohss. Haven't made up my mind. Don't know which is a better option.

Back