Dr Paul Tseng from TMC

Anyone who self-learnt (no formal classes) hypnobirthing/hypnobabies/natal hypnotherapy/equivalent and went to Dr Tseng?
Any feedback?

i went to him for my first consultation and he charged me $225 ($150 consultation and $60 for scan), issit considered exp? I was told they no longer have package and all is based on payment on each time basis..

I recently delivered my 4th baby naturally under Paul Tseng. His charges are so expensive that i think its not worthwhile to go to him unless vbac (which is the case for me). He is experienced and pro-natural, hence allowing me to vbac (first baby c-sec followed by two natural births) but the charges are really expensive.

Usual consultation which last abt 5-10mins, is just hearing baby's heartbeat + measure and feeling tummy (for checking baby's position and growth) cost $90+. I dont have much questions for him, so i think $90+ is the lowest u can go per visit at his clinic (no medicine either). I was given option to listen to heartbeat or scan, I chose the former as he said there is no difference to him, he can assess the baby's progress well under both options. Since scanning cost another $40, I usually just opted for no scanning.

Comes to actual delivery, my labour was fast at less than 4hrs. I admitted myself at TMC when my waters leak. He came by to chat with me (no actual checks done) but i was still early in labour, so nothing much that he needed to do. When i was almost fully dilated, nurses callled for him to come and deliver my baby.

That's it, normal delivery without any assistance, without epidural. Just laughing gas and slight tear that needs stitching. After delivery, he came by my bed twice everyday for a 10-15secs chat to ask how i was feeling (no checks whatsoever, just chit chat). I was thinking to myself that its the cheapest delivery one can get right (since no assisted delivery, no epidural)? The bill came as a shock to me. $3.6k for doctor's charges. Ouch.

Oh, did i add that the Panorama test was a whopping $1.5k + GST? I did the test as i was tested high risk for T21 after the 13th week NT scan.

Any mommy recently delivered under Dr Paul Tseng? Would apreciate if u can share how much were u charged. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Seems like all the mummies who delivered under Dr Paul Tseng all went without epidural and episomy. Can share how to deliver so naturally? Not painful at all?

I wan to know if any twin mummies deliver both child via VBAC successfully under him before.

Maybe he is good is singleton VBAC only?

iamnewmummy,

For vbac, smaller size babies easier. But doesn't mean that above 3kg cant vbac. I hv heard of many success stories for above 3 kg babies, including 2 out of my 3 natural vbac instances.

Natural birth is very painful. Feels like extreme case of menstrual cramps. But can be done if your are determined enough. But frankly, i might not have done it if not because of my #3 case, where i reach the hospital at 8cm (too late to administrator epidural already). For my #4, having done it once before, i know what to expect, so didnt ask for epidural too.

iamnewmummy,

For vbac, smaller size babies easier. But doesn't mean that above 3kg cant vbac. I hv heard of many success stories for above 3 kg babies, including 2 out of my 3 natural vbac instances.

Natural birth is very painful. Feels like extreme case of menstrual cramps. But can be done if your are determined enough. But frankly, i might not have done it if not because of my #3 case, where i reach the hospital at 8cm (too late to administrator epidural already). For my #4, having done it once before, i know what to expect, so didnt ask for epidural too.

Hi boonkengbb

What should I expect for natural delivery? I'm afraid my c sec wound will explode! A bit silly I know but can't help feeling that way as my wound still hurt now.

Hi, risk of wound rupture is always there for vbac. Some gynae Are not supportive of vbac. You can refer to other vbac threads in this forums, there are lots of helpful discussions over the years. I gained a lot of strength from other mommies' encouragement from those threads.

Hi, risk of wound rupture is always there for vbac. Some gynae Are not supportive of vbac. You can refer to other vbac threads in this forums, there are lots of helpful discussions over the years. I gained a lot of strength from other mommies' encouragement from those threads.

Thanks! This is only the VBAC thread I found so far. Not sure if those thread u mentioned have been deleted.

I din ask for epidural the whole night of 18 hrs and endured the induced pain.. In the end was told it's only 1cm after 18 hrs?! Cervix din open despite water bag was burst and contractions felt for the past 18hrs without epidural.

My 1st one was also c-sect as I didnt dilate aft 18hrs of labour. Want to switch to Dr Paul. My current gynae said im too petite and will likely go through c-sect since I couldnt dilate the first time too..
My friend is currently seeing him and asked me to sought for a second opinion.. But charges are expensive.. Equivalent to c-sect charges..

Hello, anyone has updated experiences with dr Paul Tseng pls?
For those who are considering Dr Paul Tseng, I would say "pls go ahead!". But do note that he is man with few words, of course he is always happy to answer yr doubts if any. For mummies who require TLC and sweet talks, he is not the one then.
Just had NVD under him in July 2022, i would say the whole pregnancy + labour journey is very pleasant. He will not stress you unnecessarily, and will respect yr decision during labour process. I find his charges reasonable for private practice as well.

Back