what to eat after positive results in preg kit?

blackcude

hi! my 1st appt to Kkh is on 20th jul.. so before that , is there anything else I could eat for baby?
currently I'm taking folic acid pill and multi vitamins every morning~

thanks!

Hi blackcude,

You can drink home made chicken essence soup every day for now, as that was what my sinseh at marine parade (ban choon chan) advised me to do. You can find the recipe on the Internet.

He advised to drink the soup daily until can see baby's heartbeat, then no need to drink so often, maybe every 2 to 3 days (though I still lost the baby in the end).

I'm so sorry for your loss.. hope baby dust will fall on you soon!
thanks I will look up on the recipe~
will be going to see TCM this weekend to check on my body condition too.

Hi blackcude,

Okay, which tcm are you going to see this weekend?

The one I am currently seeing is Tai Choon Foh, in North Bridge Road.

The address is:

Block 465, North Bridge Road #01-5045
Crawford Court
Singapore 191465
(Near Lavender MRT station or ICA Building)

Name of in-house Chinese physician: Dr Low Wei Meow

Daily Consultation Hours:

Mon- Fri: 10:30 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Sat: 10:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Lunch break: 3- 4 p.m.
Sun and public holiday: Closed

Tel: 6294-3008

It is always better to go in the morning, as the waiting time is not that long.

Hi blackcude,

I saw the above tcm sinseh to antai too during the current pregnancy, though still did not manage to save it in the end.

The sinseh said my uterus is too weak, thus conceived easily but can never make it past the 6th week mark, so starting this Monday, he gave me herbs to strengthen my uterus, one course of treatment is 1 month, and I need 4 months before can try to conceive again. I got recurrent miscarriages, 6 (including the 3 chemical pregnancies) in 3.5 years.

His herbs are also the powder type, so I do not need to brew it myself.

thanks!
will be going to see this TCM.
Ci yuan TCM physician,
Dr Qiu Xiao Qiu.
at Blk 128 ,Amk Ave 3 #01-1837.
it's my mum's friend's wife, so she just ask me to go and see first.

pill or powder type will be good!
I wouldn't want to brew any tonic~~

won't dare to hope much now as I don't know how much weeks I'm in now too as my period is very irregular.

Hi blackcude,

I saw the above tcm sinseh to antai too during the current pregnancy, though still did not manage to save it in the end.

The sinseh said my uterus is too weak, thus conceived easily but can never make it past the 6th week mark, so starting this Monday, he gave me herbs to strengthen my uterus, one course of treatment is 1 month, and I need 4 months before can try to conceive again. I got recurrent miscarriages, 6 (including the 3 chemical pregnancies) in 3.5 years.

His herbs are also the powder type, so I do not need to brew it myself.
Hi dear, i just happened to read your post. Did you do any test for your recurrent miscarriages? 6 x is too painful! ! How can u suffer so much. I had 2 n already devastated. i went to do a detailed recurrent pregnancy loss test. Found out my miscarriages could be caused by sticky blood syndrome some blood disorder which only happened during pregnancy. My tcm also kept saying it my uterus weak n my body is not ready. Somehow reprimanded me why conceive again so fast. But i think its bullshit now. I am 12wks now....the furthest among my pregnancy. Believed its the medical support i had to deal with my sticky blood issue.

Hi mangoyoyo,

Yes, I did twice all the detailed blood tests for recurrent miscarriages in Singapore, one with KK Hospital, and another one with Dr Loh SF. All the tests came back both myself and my husband are normal, nothing wrong. The only thing they do not do it here is blocking antibodies (meaning my body attacks the baby thinking it is a foreign substance when pregnant, coz my body treats my husband's sperm as enemy, something like that). I did this test back in Guangzhou in Oct 2013, and it showed that I have got negative blocking antibodies whereas a normal woman should have positive blocking antibodies unless she is never pregnant or has unexplained recurrent miscarriages. The Guangzhou professor that we consulted believed in the old fashioned way of treatment, that the only way I can successfully conceive is to turn the blocking antibodies positive first; and in her view, it is only possible by injecting my husband's white blood serum under the fold of my skin. Each course of treatment is 3 weeks, at least; but then, again, even if this blocking antibodies turn positive, there is no guarantee that I would not suffer another miscarriage when I am pregnant again. Actually, Singapore does not believe in this theory, neither my gynaecologist Dr Loh SF, or the tcm that I consulted.

Actually, any woman who miscarried before will get negative blocking antibodies. The tcm sinseh I am now seeing is hopeful of using the herbs to strengthen my uterus to treat my case, as he recently got 1 successful case from overseas, a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an ang mo living in the USA. At such a young age, the mom already miscarried 4 times, so consulted my tcm. He prescribed her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her uterus (I think she only stays about 1 month in Singapore), and let her bring the rest of the herbs back to USA. During the 2nd month, the Chinese mom called long distance to the tcm sinseh, said that she managed to conceive, and the sinseh advised her to finish taking the remaining 3 months of herbs; and the mom recently gave birth to a handsome baby boy, and sent a family photo to the sinseh as a gesture of thanks and gratitude.

Anyway, my gynaecologist Dr Loh did say that next time when I am pregnant, besides the low dosage 100mg aspirin, also need to take heparin injection immediately, to help support the pregnancy better.

Mangoyoyo, congrats on your pregnancy. You are so close to the 2nd trimester, and that is really a milestone!!!!!!!!

Hi mangoyoyo,

Yes, I did twice all the detailed blood tests for recurrent miscarriages in Singapore, one with KK Hospital, and another one with Dr Loh SF. All the tests came back both myself and my husband are normal, nothing wrong. The only thing they do not do it here is blocking antibodies (meaning my body attacks the baby thinking it is a foreign substance when pregnant, coz my body treats my husband's sperm as enemy, something like that). I did this test back in Guangzhou in Oct 2013, and it showed that I have got negative blocking antibodies whereas a normal woman should have positive blocking antibodies unless she is never pregnant or has unexplained recurrent miscarriages. The Guangzhou professor that we consulted believed in the old fashioned way of treatment, that the only way I can successfully conceive is to turn the blocking antibodies positive first; and in her view, it is only possible by injecting my husband's white blood serum under the fold of my skin. Each course of treatment is 3 weeks, at least; but then, again, even if this blocking antibodies turn positive, there is no guarantee that I would not suffer another miscarriage when I am pregnant again. Actually, Singapore does not believe in this theory, neither my gynaecologist Dr Loh SF, or the tcm that I consulted.

Actually, any woman who miscarried before will get negative blocking antibodies. The tcm sinseh I am now seeing is hopeful of using the herbs to strengthen my uterus to treat my case, as he recently got 1 successful case from overseas, a 24 year old Chinese mom married to an ang mo living in the USA. At such a young age, the mom already miscarried 4 times, so consulted my tcm. He prescribed her 4 months of herbs to strengthen her uterus (I think she only stays about 1 month in Singapore), and let her bring the rest of the herbs back to USA. During the 2nd month, the Chinese mom called long distance to the tcm sinseh, said that she managed to conceive, and the sinseh advised her to finish taking the remaining 3 months of herbs; and the mom recently gave birth to a handsome baby boy, and sent a family photo to the sinseh as a gesture of thanks and gratitude.

Anyway, my gynaecologist Dr Loh did say that next time when I am pregnant, besides the low dosage 100mg aspirin, also need to take heparin injection immediately, to help support the pregnancy better.

Mangoyoyo, congrats on your pregnancy. You are so close to the 2nd trimester, and that is really a milestone!!!!!!!!
Hi tryingtoconceive, i am not sure how detailed are the tests u have gone through. Share with u. I also did some recurrent pregnancy tests called by gynae. All came back normal. I just not convinced because i also suspect i got some antibodies like wat u mentioned blocking my pregnancy to proceed. I read abt some natural cells killer n many women suffered from recurrent mc due to this NK cells a attacking our poor bbs. My gynae discourage me from testing more n insisted that i am normal. Then i look for Prof choolani. I drew abt 17 tubes of blood n from there found out i have protein S deficiency. My nk cells are ok. I start aspirin immediately to prepare my body. Amazingly i conceive very fast with help of aspirin. During my 5th wk pregnancy, i was almost at risk again things not looking good cos my body immune system is rejecting my bb again. I was put on Steriod n injecting heparin. Steriod saved my bb :) Prof choolani did shared with me abt your gz gynae treatment. He is not positive abt this as well. He says the only way is to find out the problem in our body First. Sounds like your tcm is familiar n knows hw to treat. Since he has successful case, must be good. I skip tcm this pregnancy because too much injection n medical n constant blood tests. So i want to focus on the treatment. Plus i feel the tcm doesn't help me in my case so i dont want to stress by running here n there. I do heard dr loh uses aspirin for his patients. That is good. All these are medication that helps. I just want to share with u incase u are suffering in silence. Prof told me some ladies only go to him to check after many miscarriages n that is so painful. So currently u are doing your confinement? I am taking baby steps. Every scan is so nervous and my eyes are looking for baby heartbeat haha.... only when i hold baby in my hands, i will feel safe :) i hope you can recover fast and well.

Hi tryingtoconceive, i am not sure how detailed are the tests u have gone through. Share with u. I also did some recurrent pregnancy tests called by gynae. All came back normal. I just not convinced because i also suspect i got some antibodies like wat u mentioned blocking my pregnancy to proceed. I read abt some natural cells killer n many women suffered from recurrent mc due to this NK cells a attacking our poor bbs. My gynae discourage me from testing more n insisted that i am normal. Then i look for Prof choolani. I drew abt 17 tubes of blood n from there found out i have protein S deficiency. My nk cells are ok. I start aspirin immediately to prepare my body. Amazingly i conceive very fast with help of aspirin. During my 5th wk pregnancy, i was almost at risk again things not looking good cos my body immune system is rejecting my bb again. I was put on Steriod n injecting heparin. Steriod saved my bb :) Prof choolani did shared with me abt your gz gynae treatment. He is not positive abt this as well. He says the only way is to find out the problem in our body First. Sounds like your tcm is familiar n knows hw to treat. Since he has successful case, must be good. I skip tcm this pregnancy because too much injection n medical n constant blood tests. So i want to focus on the treatment. Plus i feel the tcm doesn't help me in my case so i dont want to stress by running here n there. I do heard dr loh uses aspirin for his patients. That is good. All these are medication that helps. I just want to share with u incase u are suffering in silence. Prof told me some ladies only go to him to check after many miscarriages n that is so painful. So currently u are doing your confinement? I am taking baby steps. Every scan is so nervous and my eyes are looking for baby heartbeat haha.... only when i hold baby in my hands, i will feel safe :) i hope you can recover fast and well.

Hi mangoyoyo,

Yes, the detailed test I did in KK before included the protein S deficiency, and I had no issues in that area. Where is the Prof choolani that you consulted located? Is he in NUH hospital? I am also on daily 25 mg aspirin, as the gz professor advised me to do so before. I see, good that the Steroid saved your baby, but won't it cause you weight gain as well? The reason I asked is because I have family relative who was put on Steroid during her 2 pregnancies, and she never managed to lose the excessive weight gain even after she gave birth.

Well, the current tcm I am seeing, I find him by chance only, as I was very desperate to save my pregnancy (though did not succeed in the end, at least he tried.) He is recommended by my previous personal trainer (he was with Fitness First before, now go freelance already. Last year, his wife gave birth to a stillborn baby boy in the kitchen at home at 20 weeks pregnancy due to incompetent cervix. After that, has been seeing the tcm (Tai Choon Foh, in-house Chinese physician Dr Low Wei Meow), to help the wife strengthen the uterus, though so far no good news yet. They already have one 6 year old son.) My own tcm (ban choon chan, in Marine parade), is the bo chap type, when I told him about my pregnancy complications (bb not much growth in 1 week in what should be my 7th week of pregnancy, though still got heartbeat, so Dr Loh SF wanted me to try and save it. When I called the marine parade sinseh, he just replied me rudely that baby grows or not is decided by my gynaecologist, and not him, and refused to antai for me. However, as it was a life inside my body, I think that no harm seeing another tcm to antai, as if don't try, may blame myself for not doing anything if I lost it in the end, right?) I called the current tcm on the day that I was gonna miscarry, his wife answered my call and passed the phone to him. He is actually very sympathetic towards my case, he advised that 10 days after my miscarriage, to see him for review, as he needs to strengthen my uterus.

Yes, I finished my mini-confinement already last Saturday, as the miscarriage happened on June 13 (Sat). During the confinement, I called to my current tcm, and asked his wife what I can take to bu. She recommended me to boil the following confinement water: red dates, longan rou, bei qi and dang shen. When I saw the tcm for review this past Monday, he said that I need to take this bu confinement water for one extra week, instead of 2, as my body type is weak.

I actually saw him last Monday too, as I caught a cold during bath and shampoo on the night of my miscarriage, and then there was dry cough. My mom gave me Chinese capsules yin qiao but after I took it, got profuse sweating and felt body very weak afterwards. My cousin's wife (she got a cold and similar to what was happening to me during confinement before) told me that I should see the tcm sinseh, as something is very wrong since I was sweating a lot, and then the cough did not clear. I called the Saturday before, the tcm wife's mother-in-law answered my call, told me to leave down my contact details, and the wife would return back the call. The wife called shortly, told me to stop the yin qiao capsules, as it could cause profuse sweating and to see her husband the tcm dr that afternoon. However, by then, it was 5 p.m. and my husband was taking a nap. The medical hall closed at 6 p.m. on Sat, so even if I managed to wake my husband up, I was pretty sure that the time that we reached the medical hall, they are already closed. So the wife just advised me to see her husband the following Monday, as they are closed on Sundays. So last Monday I went, the tcm sinseh felt my pulse, said that I don't cough that much anymore, but then got profuse cold sweating and prescribed me 5 days of herbs (to be taken 3 times daily) to reduce my stress levels and to help me sleep better. My cough and cold has since resolved last Wed or so. This past Monday, the sinseh felt my pulse (both left and right) again, he said that the cold sweat situation is already resolved, and last Monday when I consulted him was absolutely terrible.

Hihi! not really, sensei only gave me some advice and an tai powder.

Eat more beef, fishes , chicken unless is old hen. pork is slight cold so limit abit. no cold and raw food ,cannot drink barley , milo , malt related as it will cause our milk to reduce. coffee, tea. cannot eat papaya , watermelon. pineapple, banana, coconut water.
eat eggs , esp egg yolk and drink chicken essence every morning
do not facial , esp no shoulder massage.

as I'm feeling backache and cramps so I went gynae last night...and realized I was already in 14wks.

so now considering to take harmony test , as it's too late to take Oscars.
really hope results will be gd.. :p

Hihi! not really, sensei only gave me some advice and an tai powder.

Eat more beef, fishes , chicken unless is old hen. pork is slight cold so limit abit. no cold and raw food ,cannot drink barley , milo , malt related as it will cause our milk to reduce. coffee, tea. cannot eat papaya , watermelon. pineapple, banana, coconut water.
eat eggs , esp egg yolk and drink chicken essence every morning
do not facial , esp no shoulder massage.

as I'm feeling backache and cramps so I went gynae last night...and realized I was already in 14wks.

so now considering to take harmony test , as it's too late to take Oscars.
really hope results will be gd.. :p

Hi blackcude,

Did the sinseh say how many times you have to take the antai powder, daily or? So you do not need to see the sinseh again?

Actually your sinseh is quite good, not so much food restrictions. Though my current pregnancy failed, my sinseh at marine parade (the day he felt my pulse and said that I was pregnant) gave me a detailed list, and said this cannot eat, that cannot eat, ended up I could not consume a lot of foods. :(

Besides the fruits that your tcm sinseh mentioned, my marine parade sinseh said that star fruit, mango, grass jelly and strawberry also cannot eat. :p

Strange that you are so far along in your pregnancy, and the tcm sinseh you consulted cannot tell.

Okay, so you are in the 2nd trimester already?

Wishing you smooth sailing for the rest of your pregnancy.

Grabbing your baby dust when I am allowed to conceive again in Nov this year. :)

thanks for the additional listing~ I shall add on to my list.

the an tai power drink twice, one in morning before breakfast and another one at night.
yeah I'm surprise she didn't detect the heartbeat.. guess my bb is hiding too well and bb can't avoid the scan~

sure~ hope the baby dust will fall on you and smooth pregnancy~ !

Hi blackcude,

That is good. How many days of an tai powder the sinseh prescribed you to take?

It is not possible for the sinseh not to detect the heartbeat of your bb, cannot detect how old the fetus/embryo is is possible though.

The reason I said so is before my failed pregnancy this time, the sinseh I saw at North Bridge Road managed to detect the bb's heartbeat, up till the day that I was gonna miscarry. The only thing he could not detect is how far along in pregnancy I was. :p

You do know that you cannot take anything to do with herbs, right? Beh gu teh also cannot (as some they cook it with Chinese herbs), soup from halal chicken rice (Indian stall) and pork trotter vinegar too!!!!!!

Hi blackcude,

Another 2 things that you should never take during pregnancy is liang cha (chinese herbal tea, the marine parade sinseh believed that this was what caused my first miscarriage in January 2012), and also almond tea dessert as it is considered poisonous in nature. I unknowingly took it during pregnancy this time, and suspected that it could have led to my miscarriage.

woah.. that's a lot more food to avoid., better bring a bottle of warm water out for lunch and avoid those soup..

the an tai powder, two weeks ~
maybe need to go n ask if I need to continue..

almond tea too..?
okie, I will take note too!
thanks a lot~

Hi blackcude,

Yes, you better go and check with the tcm sinseh whether you need to continue with the an tai powder.

The north bridge tcm sinseh told me that I should not take almond tea during first trimester. However, if I take already, nothing can be done; just know next time do not take it.

Pregnancy is so hard to come by, so it is better that we be very careful with what we eat!!!!! :p

Hi blackcude,

Did you manage to check with your mom's friend the tcm sinseh whether you need to continue to take an tai powder, or can stop already? Just wondering.

Hi blackcude,

You do know that now that you are pregnant, you cannot lift your hands up (my mom warned me about miscarriage and the connection with it). Also, do not let people suddenly tap on your shoulder, as that can cause you alarm, which can subsequently cause you to lose the baby. Those are old wives' tale, I believe!

oh is it? I'm been doing stretching with my hands up.. shall lower it down to my shoulders level..
yeah my chinese sensei also say can never massage shoulder and the area near thumb. it's will affect the baby too.. a lot of myths.. my friends also say cannot cut anything on the bed and in bedroom.. cannot paste things on the wall etc..

Hi blackcude,

Another 2 things that you should never take during pregnancy is liang cha (chinese herbal tea, the marine parade sinseh believed that this was what caused my first miscarriage in January 2012), and also almond tea dessert as it is considered poisonous in nature. I unknowingly took it during pregnancy this time, and suspected that it could have led to my miscarriage.

Hi blackcude,

I coincidentally found on the Internet 2 nights ago that the subchrionic bleeding that I suffered during week 6 pregnancy this time is most likely due to immune system issue; so I think that that may be the main cause of my miscarriage, rather than drinking the almond tea dessert itself.

oh is it? I'm been doing stretching with my hands up.. shall lower it down to my shoulders level..
yeah my chinese sensei also say can never massage shoulder and the area near thumb. it's will affect the baby too.. a lot of myths.. my friends also say cannot cut anything on the bed and in bedroom.. cannot paste things on the wall etc..

Hi blackcude,

Actually, my mom did not even allow me to stretch my hands out during pregnancy, and won't allow me to close car door; and would help me with fetching the food that I was gonna take from the main course dishes while dining at home. :p

And now you must not drill anything on the wall in the bedroom.

So you need to go for follow-up consultation with your mom's friend the tcm sinseh?

Hi blackcude,

My fitness first gym and my previous personal trainer said that they do not allow their female clients to exercise during the first trimester, as the embryo or baby is not stable yet.

ic, but I will still avoid the almond tea thou.. it's just few more mths!
oh.. I did avoid to carry heavy things.

but I thought there is yoga or Pilates which is meant for preggy. maybe need to check out in details.
or maybe shall go brisk walking or swimming for exercise.

dun intend to go back to the TCM as dun wanna mix western medicines and chinese medicines for the time being. but will check with gynae on his opinions again.

how are u doing? did u take tonic to strengthen yr health? I think my mon cooked the bai feng wan with chicken essence/wine is gd for regulating menses. (taken after 2nd day onward of menses once/ monthly)

ic, but I will still avoid the almond tea thou.. it's just few more mths!
oh.. I did avoid to carry heavy things.

but I thought there is yoga or Pilates which is meant for preggy. maybe need to check out in details.
or maybe shall go brisk walking or swimming for exercise.

dun intend to go back to the TCM as dun wanna mix western medicines and chinese medicines for the time being. but will check with gynae on his opinions again.

how are u doing? did u take tonic to strengthen yr health? I think my mon cooked the bai feng wan with chicken essence/wine is gd for regulating menses. (taken after 2nd day onward of menses once/ monthly)

Hi blackcude,

Yes, there is pre-natal yoga or Pilates meant for preggy, I think which usually accepts expectant moms of after 3 months, but then you may have to check with the club/gym, or the fitness instructor; and remember to tell him or her that you are pregnant, as there are certain poses that you cannot do now.

Well, most gynae. won't mind you seeing the tcm to an tai if there is a need, as long as you take the Western medicines and the chinese medicines with a 2 hour duration gap at least. For example: when you wake up at 9 a.m., you take the Western medicine, then you take the chinese medicine at 11 a.m. If the tcm feels that you don't have to an tai, s/he will tell you during the consultation. Some of them will tell you to go an tai during the first trimester, while some of them will tell you to go during the second trimester. Most won't tell you to go during the third trimester, as by then, the baby is already very well formed, and so there is no need to drink Chinese medicine. If they tell you to go, will just tell you what type of exercise to do to strengthen your body.

I am doing fine. My first AF came on Wednesday last week (actually Tuesday night), exactly 1 month after my natural miscarriage. My tcm's herbs do help, as my AF after the blighted ovum (empty sac) in August last year (2014) only lasted 2.5 days at most. However, with the current tcm's herbs to strengthen my uterus, it lasts at least 5 days, so that is an improvement. :) Yes, my mom giving me cordyceps for breakfast daily, beef soup with carrots, chicken breast soup every other night, and also red dates longan confinement water every other day, as I have finished drinking the water daily for 3 weeks as suggested by my tcm due to my weak health.

Thanks to your suggestion as to what to take to regulate menses, but I think I will stick to what my mom is currently giving me.

actually i dun have much appetite for anything.. as long as i can swallow some food, i consider is good for the baby.....

Back