Recommended Gynae For Those With High Blood Pressure

zhaqqie

Dear all,

For those mummies with high blood pressure, can share with me which gynae did you see?
I had my first one and developed high blood pressure and she was born premature due to preeclampsia.
Now trying for 2nd one so looking for a better doctor.

Thanks all

If you are TTCing with HBP, you have to see a GP instead. Unless you are already pregnant, this is my recommendation

Dr Claudine Tan
Thomson Women Clinic
Serangoon Central

I have HBP throughout my pregnancy and was taken care by her.

Nope. 37 weeks 5 days. Csec. Usually for HBP, gynae won't recommend natural as ur bp will increase and will bring risk to bb and yourself.

Nope. 37 weeks 5 days. Usually for HBP, gynae won't recommend natural as ur bp will increase and will bring risk to bb and yourself.
Hi shirley, r u tested for pre eclampsia? Am having HBP too, on methyldopa prescribed by gyne. These 2days reading
suddenly shoot up, can be as bad as 160+. Very worried, not sure wat happened n wat can i do. Am only in wk29

Not really tested but she monitor the protein in my urine very closely.. the entire pregnancy. . No protein developed and I passed the swap test.. just that methyldopa dosage keep increasing only. Another thing is.. my BP didn't decrease after birth. . In fact it's much higher than my pre pregnancy so after I stop BF. . I go back to GP to keep it under control. But my BP very stubborn

Speak to ur gynae. Maybe need to increase dosage to bring bp down. And one thing for sure. . U cannot natural delivery. Cos contraction will push ur bp even higher. So they will ask u to csec for safety to mom and child. 2 more mths.. at 37 weeks. Gynae will ask u csec le

Not really tested but she monitor the protein in my urine very closely.. the entire pregnancy. . No protein developed and I passed the swap test.. just that methyldopa dosage keep increasing only. Another thing is.. my BP didn't decrease after birth. . In fact it's much higher than my pre pregnancy so after I stop BF. . I go back to GP to keep it under control. But my BP very stubborn

Speak to ur gynae. Maybe need to increase dosage to bring bp down. And one thing for sure. . U cannot natural delivery. Cos contraction will push ur bp even higher. So they will ask u to csec for safety to mom and child. 2 more mths.. at 37 weeks. Gynae will ask u csec le
Hi I just found that I m preggy...have been on adalat la 30 mg.... Can I check you have been taking methydopa pre pregnancy? U took this in 1st trimester too ? I m thinking of changing my hbp med to something more suitable for pregnant ladies

Hi I just found that I m preggy...have been on adalat la 30 mg.... Can I check you have been taking methydopa pre pregnancy? U took this in 1st trimester too ? I m thinking of changing my hbp med to something more suitable for pregnant ladies
Hi Gan, i m on nifidephene. So far ok.

Queby77 u took it in first trimester? Is it prescribed by gynae? Thanks
Yes I started just b4 my ivf. So in the end they prescribe me this. So far ok my readings 120 plus / 80 plus

It's a very old drug in the market but nuh heart doc say it's safe for babies.

So I see my Gynae who sent me to endo doc to review my gd n hypertension.

Yes I started just b4 my ivf. So in the end they prescribe me this. So far ok my readings 120 plus / 80 plus

It's a very old drug in the market but nuh heart doc say it's safe for babies.

So I see my Gynae who sent me to endo doc to review my gd n hypertension.
Thanks queby77 I just went to see my gp n told him I stopped the hb med once I confirmed bfp... He said since now I m preggy my gynae shld be the one monitoring..... N ok I stop . Just now my Bp is 135/90.... Higher than when I measure at home

I took methydopa throughout my pregnancy. My gyane prescribe this as it works on me but towards 3rd trimester. The BP keep going high. So was scheduled for csec at 37 weeks. Usually HBP. It's hard to natural birth at it will spike our BP. So be prepared if Gyane say opt for csec.

remember to monitor your blood pressure. im monitoring weekly now.
pregnancy really must take care of health =( damn sian worrying for my baby.
get a good bpm from blood pressure monitors

can get omron, japanese brand. i using it coz of my GP uses it.
remember to eat a lot of vegetables and don't quarrel with hubby so much... (my advice to myself too)

remember to monitor your blood pressure. im monitoring weekly now.
pregnancy really must take care of health =( damn sian worrying for my baby.
get a good bpm from blood pressure monitors

can get omron, japanese brand. i using it coz of my GP uses it.
remember to eat a lot of vegetables and don't quarrel with hubby so much... (my advice to myself too)

i just showed my hubby this thread to remind him not to quarrel with me for the last 2 mths! hahahaha
hope it works. :p

Hi there, I have just been given nifedipine and aspirin to control my hbp (150/80) and aspirin to help bb grow better as my gynae estimated that he is slightly smaller than usual at 770g at 27wk. Usual should be 800g to 1kg I think.

Did anyone with hbp encounter a smaller baby growth as well and was bb able to catch up with weight gain after that?

I am feeling very upset and worried tlast few days.

My gynae only scheduled me to see him 2 weeks later which I feel is quite late. How fast would I see a better bp upon taking the medication?

Back