(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

joyce , can u share ur pump schedule pls. I feel like dropping a pump session and change my schedule such tt all 3 pumps are during office hours . Tt way I don't need to get up earlier and I can crash in bed immediately when I get home if I am zonked
Wah joyce. 8hr?? Salute. I 6 hours cannot move arms ald.

Now daytime at work manage to pump twice only. Yield abt 180 happy ald. Back home, i latch my LO. Everyone here move on to solid ald ah? I think for mine still not gg tobstart yet le...

anyone has recommendations for bibs for baby meal time?

So far the ones I have are gifts...but all made of cloth material, so must wash after using if not will grow mould, then everyday need to wash eh...

Will plastic ones be better?

Now daytime at work manage to pump twice only. Yield abt 180 happy ald. Back home, i latch my LO. Everyone here move on to solid ald ah? I think for mine still not gg tobstart yet le...
i can tahan dragging 8-9 hours. absolutely love it cos of the amt of milk i can collect!

joyce , can u share ur pump schedule pls. I feel like dropping a pump session and change my schedule such tt all 3 pumps are during office hours . Tt way I don't need to get up earlier and I can crash in bed immediately when I get home if I am zonked

My pump schedule for now is 6.30am, 2.30pm and 10.30pm... But I never empty boobies.. cuz stopping.. But I can see my boobies not as engorged as the first few days already... I have been dragging since last week.

i can tahan dragging 8-9 hours. absolutely love it cos of the amt of milk i can collect!

Yeah man... since my lo is 3months I already pump 4times a day only... cannot take it If I have to pump so frequently especially we are FTWM.

Your LO has not shown interest in food yet??

I also pump 2x at work, once in the mid morning around 10-11+, once at 5+ before going home.... sometimes cuz of work, I don't get to pump till the early afternoon. Boobs are really ROCK HARD by then... LOL

So far the ones I have are gifts...but all made of cloth material, so must wash after using if not will grow mould, then everyday need to wash eh...

I am using plastic ones so that can wash immediately after feeding under running water and with liquid cleanser... I use the cloth bibs for his drool....

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Crocodile-Crumbcatcher-Bibs---2-Pack/626450,default,pd.html

Something similar to this. Do you have the Great Eastern SG50 Giftpack?? If yes, there is a plastic bib inside. You can use that for the time being... but I think that one not for long term use, not v good quality....

My pump schedule for now is 6.30am, 2.30pm and 10.30pm... But I never empty boobies.. cuz stopping.. But I can see my boobies not as engorged as the first few days already... I have been dragging since last week.

Yeah man... since my lo is 3months I already pump 4times a day only... cannot take it If I have to pump so frequently especially we are FTWM.
i pump 2 x at work and 1 x before gg to work, latch when i am home and wee hours.. thinking to drop 1 pump..

Wow she can eat alot..

Mine was ok last week. Can eat 1-2 tablespoon of porridge. This week he reject porridge wonder is it Bcoz he is having constipation. Mine sweat alot. N weather so hot too I try to feed him more milk / fluid too .
but she is still skinny leh ..unlike some mummies's bb.. bak bak one when carry

I dragging my pump to 3 times a day, pumping only 250ml... usually If 8hrs apart I should yield 450ml.... so now my (.)(.) Really engorging like a stone.... painful like madddd..
250ml each pump or in total...if each pump that is alot :eek:

for me i prefer cloth than plastic ... cos cloth can wrap their mouth during feeding lolz plastic cant :p

i pump 2 x at work and 1 x before gg to work, latch when i am home and wee hours.. thinking to drop 1 pump..
wah all your company are BM friendly .. my company ... if i can pump one time i and happy ..anyway supply dropped so only need to do it 1x

I don't hav much bm to start with... So only doing 4pumps. 8am, 1pm, 5pm, 12am. Intending to stop when bb turns 6 mths. Jul going for cruise, don't wish to bring so many things...

Bb started on cereal for 2days. But still can't swallow. Can anyone share ur schedule for solid food? I gave mine ard 11am, seems kinda late for Bkfast. He usually hav his milk ard 7.30am then he nap till ard 9 n bath. I will send my #1 to sch n bk ard 10 whereby he will b having milk. Then muz wait ard 1h to feed solid right?

I don't hav much bm to start with... So only doing 4pumps. 8am, 1pm, 5pm, 12am. Intending to stop when bb turns 6 mths. Jul going for cruise, don't wish to bring so many things...

Bb started on cereal for 2days. But still can't swallow. Can anyone share ur schedule for solid food? I gave mine ard 11am, seems kinda late for Bkfast. He usually hav his milk ard 7.30am then he nap till ard 9 n bath. I will send my #1 to sch n bk ard 10 whereby he will b having milk. Then muz wait ard 1h to feed solid right?

I give usually after he wakes up from his nap and had his milk. Usually wake up around 1 or 2, then I will latch him, after that, wait half hour while I prep his solids, then feed him after. So timing wise, is around 1+ or 2+....

I think now can drop a pump bah..

for me i prefer cloth than plastic ... cos cloth can wrap their mouth during feeding lolz plastic cant :p

wah all your company are BM friendly .. my company ... if i can pump one time i and happy ..anyway supply dropped so only need to do it 1x
One pump can yield 250ml... If full pump is 450ml...
I got alot of stash.. But gave all away cuz my lo don't take fbm... hais...

I give usually after he wakes up from his nap and had his milk. Usually wake up around 1 or 2, then I will latch him, after that, wait half hour while I prep his solids, then feed him after. So timing wise, is around 1+ or 2+....
Oic... So u r giving 'Lunch' ya... R u giving solid 1x daily?

my gal one session in morning the other in the late afternoon/ evening

she wake up around 730 ... then drink milk + short nap til around 9+ shower then around 10+ take solid .. then around 4-5pm ..shower then solid .. and usually 1 hr after solid she wan milk seem like solid not filling for her

Start feeding my LO brown rice porridge last week. She likes it. Ate on Mon and wed follow by water. Only began to poo 5 days later. This wk nt giving her. Wants to make sure she poo everyday before giving her again.

She also perspire alot during sleep. Already on aircon 24degree yet her back is wet. My neighbour had the same problem and brought her LO to see pd and pd say is normal.

Any LO start to show signs of tooth coming out?

I think now can drop a pump bah..

One pump can yield 250ml... If full pump is 450ml...
I got alot of stash.. But gave all away cuz my lo don't take fbm... hais...
my lo dun take fbm and i have a bit of stash too.. stop freezing milk regularly.. haha.

ya i am thinknig which pump to drop...

my coy got no nursing room, i just take my interview room to pump.. haha lucky my colleague understand..

i am deciding between pumping in mrg and and before bed and stop latching or totally dun pump and latch on demand at night..

Start feeding my LO brown rice porridge last week. She likes it. Ate on Mon and wed follow by water. Only began to poo 5 days later. This wk nt giving her. Wants to make sure she poo everyday before giving her again.

She also perspire alot during sleep. Already on aircon 24degree yet her back is wet. My neighbour had the same problem and brought her LO to see pd and pd say is normal.

Any LO start to show signs of tooth coming out?

My LO tooth out last week when she was 23w , didn't realize until my hubby point it out to me. No wonder she been so cranky, drooling a lot too.

Concurrently I also fed her rice cereal last week. Today I tried avocado puree for her and she loves it!

Hi mommies, I'm back!!
happy.gif
Back from where??? Busy-land!! ehehheee.... feel so sorry to miss so many postings... but am so glad that I'm back and that everyone here still looks so happy..
happy.gif

didn't get to read all the postings... looks like mainly on diapers and their power... etc etc...

Sanrio, ash looks happy swimming... u should bring him swimming more often since u are still not working... next time when u start working, it will be difficult.

sahm, gosh! Your gal looks soooo cute now!! Not that she was not cute the last time I saw her, but... she looks super delicious now..
happy.gif

ruffy_happy and jo... never talk to you before, but your bbs look so sweet and cute too... ruffy_happy, your son's cheeks are so pinchable!!!

btw, any mommies started their bbs with makan yet?? Ethan started makan on saturday... at first not so gd... but by the time I fed him his 3rd meal... wow... expert liao!

so excited about nat's gathering... but too bad, this time also cannot join you gals.. sob sob... wish it was another day... but on 18th, we are going to puala ubin chalet with friends... ai yeah... don't know how. so sad...
sad.gif
I usually drop those afternoon pump.. morning and night is very crucial for me.. hahaha.

I can get abt 250-300ml each pump session. Morning I can get up to 450ml. But I am rly not sure if I am treading on thin ice to drop to 3 pumps a day cos LO doesn't rly like FM. I guess one option is to get her the better tasting ones, or feed her more of the hypoallergenic one which I am using, force her to get used to it. tt way if my supply tanks, it's no biggie

LOL all busy with life... :)

I was down with diarrhea on Monday... LO has not been shitting, so I took prune juice and had prunes. End up I am the one LS on Monday... DH brought LO to my mum's while I stayed at home on the toilet bowl...

Luckily he finally pooped on Tuesday after 3 days...

How to deal with constipation after starting solids???

Let him take prunes instead of you.. ..green pear, papaya all good fro constipation... let him drink more water too...

I also aiming to stop by Aug cuz Sept going to OZ. Just accidentally dropped MOTN pump and realised its a 8 hr gap... think my (.)(.) cant tahan... must have a fixed but wider interval..aiming to drop to 5ppd by coming Monday...then another two weeks before i can drop to 4 ppd.

at this moment, i do not let LO have a fixed schedule for solid. If she is awake and is about 1hr past her last milk, i will let her sit on high chair and let her have a bit of puree... i think she loves the NurturMe very much, i let her have two teaspoons, she can finish and will wail when i told her no more...kekeke

I can get abt 250-300ml each pump session. Morning I can get up to 450ml. But I am rly not sure if I am treading on thin ice to drop to 3 pumps a day cos LO doesn't rly like FM. I guess one option is to get her the better tasting ones, or feed her more of the hypoallergenic one which I am using, force her to get used to it. tt way if my supply tanks, it's no biggie
Wow.. If ur lo only want bm, den it's really risky to drop one pump.

My lo love fm... and whine when I give bm...

Wow.. If ur lo only want bm, den it's really risky to drop one pump.

My lo love fm... and whine when I give bm...
well, if she is hungry then it's either she takes it or she leaves it. one way is to let her get more accustomed to FM. I got the NAN HA which i know tastes like crap cos it has a bitter aftertaste. I can switch to nan pro which is cheaper and less hydrolysed, and hence probably better tasting.

Hello! How was ur flight there?? Enjoy your holidays!

Flight was generally ok, bb only whimpered abit on take off n landing, for most parts he was calm, n when he gets restless we just walk up n down the aisle. The 3hr feedings made the time pass faster I guess. But boy, was pumping on board difficult! So uncomfortable n reduced yield. SQ is very accommodating, they will even wash the milk bottles for u.

omg 42 degree! i cant even take sg temp now... wow how do you manage to pump and feed ebm on the go while holidaying..

Not easy, esp first 4 days when we were in LA staying in a hotel, the feeding times keep on getting delayed, n man it's a pain to wash all the bottles n parts in the toilet sink. I really salute all mummies with no helper. But once we settle in Vegas at my MIL place we got into a routine, n since we usually don't do much here we can schedule our trips to the store, restaurants etc around the feeding time. I haven't figured out what to do on the day we are going to the outlet though. Probably give FM for that feed.

i am imagining .. the weather = sweating and wll the bm become salty lolz

It's not sweaty here, humidity is <10%, it's hot n dry, like an oven. We in fact had to put a humidifier in our room, to prevent bb's skin from getting too dry, cos he's prone to eczema.

I'm so envious of all u mummies with such great yield per pump, no matter how much I eat n how often I pump (up to 8x a day) my each session is only around 100-140ml. N these 2 days I think my left boob went on strike, half the usual amount consistently! I could feel its engorged, but no matter how I pump, the let down is super slow, almost non existent. N now I'm having all the signs of a blocked duct, haiz. Hope I don't sick over here, it's a pain to see a doc here.

Flight was generally ok, bb only whimpered abit on take off n landing, for most parts he was calm, n when he gets restless we just walk up n down the aisle. The 3hr feedings made the time pass faster I guess. But boy, was pumping on board difficult! So uncomfortable n reduced yield. SQ is very accommodating, they will even wash the milk bottles for u.

Not easy, esp first 4 days when we were in LA staying in a hotel, the feeding times keep on getting delayed, n man it's a pain to wash all the bottles n parts in the toilet sink. I really salute all mummies with no helper. But once we settle in Vegas at my MIL place we got into a routine, n since we usually don't do much here we can schedule our trips to the store, restaurants etc around the feeding time. I haven't figured out what to do on the day we are going to the outlet though. Probably give FM for that feed.

It's not sweaty here, humidity is <10%, it's hot n dry, like an oven. We in fact had to put a humidifier in our room, to prevent bb's skin from getting too dry, cos he's prone to eczema.

I'm so envious of all u mummies with such great yield per pump, no matter how much I eat n how often I pump (up to 8x a day) my each session is only around 100-140ml. N these 2 days I think my left boob went on strike, half the usual amount consistently! I could feel its engorged, but no matter how I pump, the let down is super slow, almost non existent. N now I'm having all the signs of a blocked duct, haiz. Hope I don't sick over here, it's a pain to see a doc here.
have u checked ur pump parts

Can I check the porridge u made for yr LO, is it starchy or watery? is it ok to mix with bm rather than warm water? Only feed water after porridge and not other times since LO is drinking bm?

Mine no fixed timing de.. but it will be 3 times a day.. and she can stay awake for max 3 hrs too... usually if she sleep past 730pm i will wake her up... haha wonder when will they start to slp 2x a day only..

Mine no fixed timing de.. but it will be 3 times a day.. and she can stay awake for max 3 hrs too... usually if she sleep past 730pm i will wake her up... haha wonder when will they start to slp 2x a day only..
Lol I'm happy with three naps now. Gives me time to do some housework haha..

Yah. I trying to make him nap twice only.. But cannot leh.. his 2nd nap always wakes up latest 5+... and he usually sleeps around 10pm. So definitely need the 3rd short nap. If not he very cranky.

Mine sleep 3 times. 9+ to 11+. 2+ to 4+ and 7+ for a short nap. He can stay wake for Max 3hrs plus.

Yours?
I think my lo is weird.. He doesn't sleep long in the day.. His longest nap maybe an hour?
But can keep awake 2-3 hours
Super tiring got to keep playing with him

Lol I'm happy with three naps now. Gives me time to do some housework haha..
hahah, i think my mum is happy with 3 naps too.. but weekends when we go out, gotta always try to make her slp on the go... haha.

Just wonder when they will start to transit to 2 naps.. in case i made her slp the 3 round and she can't slp at night.. it will be :eek:

Yah. I trying to make him nap twice only.. But cannot leh.. his 2nd nap always wakes up latest 5+... and he usually sleeps around 10pm. So definitely need the 3rd short nap. If not he very cranky.
ya i realise mine also gotta nap the 3rd time, else very cranky... wad time does yours wake up in the mrg?

Hihi mummies, can share yr lo nap times and how long they can stay awake after their nap.

Mine naps 2x a day when she is with me, 3x a day when she is with my parents/in laws.

With me, his nap schedule is similar to this -
Wake Up - 7+ am
Nap - 10-11am (usually 2-3hours+ nap)
Wake Up - 12-2pm
Nap - 3-4+pm (usually 1hour+ nap)
Wake Up - 6ish pm.

Last edited:
Can I check the porridge u made for yr LO, is it starchy or watery? is it ok to mix with bm rather than warm water? Only feed water after porridge and not other times since LO is drinking bm?

You can use bm instead of water if you prefer...

The porridge texture is similar to 芝麻糊 (Sesame paste) those kind of texture... then I will mix in the fruit puree as well, so it's slightly thicker after mixing.

I only feed water after porridge. No other times, unless he is really v sweaty.

Back