IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, been two years and I am back on thread again. My first fresh was successful with Dr Lc Foong from Gleneagles and my son is now 14 months old.

I have already started eating the progynova pills on 27th June Day 2 of my period. Due to scan on 9th which is Day 14. This being my first FET, may I know what happens next? I completely forgotten about the processes and didn't ask in detail when I saw my gynae last month.

I just started accu with Dr Zou today, doing it twice a week and will intensify after scanning on 9th.

What are the food I need to eat now or after ET?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies,

So its normal to have spotting/brown discharge when you are on inserts? But it accompanies with cramps.
spotting and cramps started weds afternoon and couldnt really rest on weds night due to the cramps. Luckily the spotting started to become lighter and lighter yesterday. Today no spotting nor cramps.

Are the inserts delaying it? Since the inserts are paid for..just finish using it and wait for yr bloodtest.. maybe u can call and told them i r bleeding n see if can have a earlier BT?
Due to my hubby impatience, i have just tested HPT and is a positive! Still i have some reserves on my results..

Congrats wondersss!!
I'm now on the 2ww waiting process..

Kam siah..
Me too low confidence, after a failed FET & fresh recently.. Hack lah.. Let's fight on..

Seriously I don't know when my ET ll b likely.. When was urs (CD wat) when u did ur medicated FEt?

Read tt u retrieved 7 this time.. U Juz need 1 super embbie to make it!! Good luck..

Thanks Queenie...let's jia you tog!!!:)

My first scan was on day 12 n ET on day 15...

If the lining is ok (shld b 8mm) during the first scan, they wl scheduled ET..gd luck to ur coming ET..:)

I am soo nervous. Just scanned. lining only grew frm 6.1 triple to 6.7 triple! Im alrdy on max dosage with patches! But dr tan said ok to trf. Im just wondering why not wait awhile more. Haiz..

Anyway i said ok to trf next thurs even though i originally decided if no 7 i will abort this cycle and wait till dec.

I signed to trf 2 too...not sure if i may a right decision...haiz

Hi ladies,

So its normal to have spotting/brown discharge when you are on inserts? But it accompanies with cramps.
spotting and cramps started weds afternoon and couldnt really rest on weds night due to the cramps. Luckily the spotting started to become lighter and lighter yesterday. Today no spotting nor cramps.

I think I post too fast, the spotting is back!
I think the meds are stopping me from having my menses as Im on medicated FET.

arrgh....

Hi ladies,

How many days past transfer are you at now? By right, the inserts are supposed to stop the cramps and spotting. But good that the spotting is getting lighter.

Thanks ginny, but still cannot believe it n still in doubt as my prev cycle left me a nightmare till now.. so nothing is solid till the BT is done..
Stay positive hor... I hope the best for you. Remember to test again tomorrow. It will be darker!

For me I started having light pink spotting on 10dpt. And 11dpt I started to have red though it doesn't flow out. Only sometimes when I wipe after peeing. I stopped my inserts yday midnight (12dpt) cos the red started flowing out even though it's just v little. If full flow comes today or tomorrow, then by Tue blood test, my mense would have kind of ended. At least, when I get negative blood test result, I won't feel doubly sad when mense come at the same time.... :(

I am soo nervous. Just scanned. lining only grew frm 6.1 triple to 6.7 triple! Im alrdy on max dosage with patches! But dr tan said ok to trf. Im just wondering why not wait awhile more. Haiz..

Anyway i said ok to trf next thurs even though i originally decided if no 7 i will abort this cycle and wait till dec.

Someone in this thread advised that eating beef helps. A lady tried and her lining improved greatly after just 2 days. No harm trying.

Just stay positive.. Everything will be fine.. When is ur BT?

My BT is on 7 jul and i thought of going direct to kk n take BT tml.. Lols..

Stay positive hor... I hope the best for you. Remember to test again tomorrow. It will be darker!

For me I started having light pink spotting on 10dpt. And 11dpt I started to have red though it doesn't flow out. Only sometimes when I wipe after peeing. I stopped my inserts yday midnight (12dpt) cos the red started flowing out even though it's just v little. If full flow comes today or tomorrow, then by Tue blood test, my mense would have kind of ended. At least, when I get negative blood test result, I won't feel doubly sad when mense come at the same time.... :(
Hey babe.. thks for always encouraging me.. u have also try yr best.. rest well first before starting yr next cycle ..

Hi wondersss,

can we just walk in and take the BT? I also dun like the waiting game. Thought just go and get it over at least can plan next step

Is it normal to hv mild cramps after ER? Im still hving it after yest ER. I can't rem i hv this mild cramp fm my first fresh...

Someone in this thread advised that eating beef helps. A lady tried and her lining improved greatly after just 2 days. No harm trying.
Yes...it work both on me n hopeful13...:)

Mine was increased fm 5mm to 11.7mm triple n hopeful 13 fm 5.7mm to 7mm..no harm trying if u r ok to take beef..

Anyone did embryo transfer to different hospital before. What's the process and time line pls. Is it safe??

Last edited:
My BT is on 7 jul and i thought of going direct to kk n take BT tml.. Lols..

Hey babe.. thks for always encouraging me.. u have also try yr best.. rest well first before starting yr next cycle ..

Hi wondersss.. We can walk in to do BT earlier? Hmm.. I think they have their reason to do it on certain day..
Mine was scheduled on D20.. Still a very very long way to go..

Anyone did embryo transfer before. What's the process and time line pls. Is it safe??
If yours is natural FET, it's just go and scan on day 2/3 of mense. Then they will ask u to go back on day 7 or 10 for another scan to make sure u have a leading egg that's potentially going to ovulate and see lining is good. I can't rmb if I was given any jab to mature the leading egg. They will schedule for ET. On actual day they will thaw the egg. If survive then will put in else they will tell you. Much faster and simpler process.

Hi wondersss,

can we just walk in and take the BT? I also dun like the waiting game. Thought just go and get it over at least can plan next step

I also not sure..but going to try tml..lols..

Is it normal to hv mild cramps after ER? Im still hving it after yest ER. I can't rem i hv this mild cramp fm my first fresh...
Is normal... jus rest well and drink more water

Am officially in 2 ww. Transferred 2 embryo a grade 2 and 3. Hope my embryo continue to grow well and stick to me!
Drink lots of water. I read somewhere that the embryo needs lots of water during this time of growing. I remember during my second cycle I drank water regularly and it was bfp. All the rest of my 3 failed cycles I didn't purposefully drink water cos I dun have a habit to drink water. Try lo. No harm hydrating yourself. Some ladies eat egg whites daily too. Drink red bean soup and eat beef for lining.

If yours is natural FET, it's just go and scan on day 2/3 of mense. Then they will ask u to go back on day 7 or 10 for another scan to make sure u have a leading egg that's potentially going to ovulate and see lining is good. I can't rmb if I was given any jab to mature the leading egg. They will schedule for ET. On actual day they will thaw the egg. If survive then will put in else they will tell you. Much faster and simpler process.
Thanks for info...I also wanted to know abt transfer to diff hospital:)

Sisters, i have some doubts, would appreciate if anyone could help to clear them

Am hoping to do our first fresh this mth (depends if my menses can arrive before 11 July as kkivf will be closed for lab cleaning)

Am more of a silent reader but have been reading past posts and following this thread since early last yr.

Am with Dr THH

1. I read that some hub are
asked to take antibiotics when their wives start their stim. May I know if this will be a standard procedure? Like all hub will be asked to take or only pertaining to certain hub? Will need to pre-emp my hub if it's standard cos he hates pills... Argh

2. For ER, it's sedation ya so hub won't be inside the procedure room with us? I read that ET, hub can accompany the wife but my doc states that I will require sedation for my ET too so that means my hub won't be with me during ET also right?

3. I read abt testing for E2 during stim. Will kkh tests for E2 too... So far I heard that private and nuh will test for E2 so I'm not sure if kkh does that too. I understand kkh provides minimal support during 2ww too

Thanks all

*fighting every one*

Drink lots of water. I read somewhere that the embryo needs lots of water during this time of growing. I remember during my second cycle I drank water regularly and it was bfp. All the rest of my 3 failed cycles I didn't purposefully drink water cos I dun have a habit to drink water. Try lo. No harm hydrating yourself. Some ladies eat egg whites daily too. Drink red bean soup and eat beef for lining.
Thanks! I will try to drink more water!! :)

Sisters, i have some doubts, would appreciate if anyone could help to clear them

Am hoping to do our first fresh this mth (depends if my menses can arrive before 11 July as kkivf will be closed for lab cleaning)

Am more of a silent reader but have been reading past posts and following this thread since early last yr.

Am with Dr THH

asked to take antibiotics when their wives start their stim. May I know if this will be a standard procedure? Like all hub will be asked to take or only pertaining to certain hub? Will need to pre-emp my hub if it's standard cos he hates pills... Argh

2. For ER, it's sedation ya so hub won't be inside the procedure room with us? I read that ET, hub can accompany the wife but my doc states that I will require sedation for my ET too so that means my hub won't be with me during ET also right?

3. I read abt testing for E2 during stim. Will kkh tests for E2 too... So far I heard that private and nuh will test for E2 so I'm not sure if kkh does that too. I understand kkh provides minimal support during 2ww too

Thanks all

*fighting every one*
I think all hubs will be asked to take the antibiotics for KKIVF.

If under sedation, hubs can't be in.

I have no idea what is E2. You will be told to insert progesterone pill 3 times daily during 2ww. KKIVF might ask you to do a blood test for progesterone level 7 days after ET. I did for my first fresh but not for the other 3 cycles.

Did anybody have doctors advising to take Coenzyme Q10? I read some good stuff but my dr didn't recommend taking anything but folic acid. I'm not sure if I should take it. It's my first fresh cycle.

@wondersss Congrats! Hope to join you soon. :)
@jas249 When is your ET? Good luck ya.
Juz called kkivf. Look like my fet will delay due to lab cleaning as my coming menses will be ard 31 July. They only take in 4 Aug onwards. Sianx..anyone know how many cycle of rest from failed fet to new fet?

Did anybody have doctors advising to take Coenzyme Q10? I read some good stuff but my dr didn't recommend taking anything but folic acid. I'm not sure if I should take it. It's my first fresh cycle.
I was prescribed Coenzyme Q10 and DHEA before. That was the cycle I BFP. I asked him before this current cycle and he said got report said these 2 supplements don't really help so he didn't prescribe it to me again this cycle. You can try since it helps with skin also. It's still beneficiall some ways even not for the eggs. But most medication or supplements takes at least 3 months to show effectiveness. So I'm not sure if taking just before the IVF works.

Since you have made a decision just trust yourself good luck with the transfer

Am with Dr THH

Thanks all

*fighting every one*
Pls remind your hubby not to take the antibiotics with empty stomach, may suffer gastric.

I was prescribed Coenzyme Q10 and DHEA before. That was the cycle I BFP. I asked him before this current cycle and he said got report said these 2 supplements don't really help so he didn't prescribe it to me again this cycle. You can try since it helps with skin also. It's still beneficiall some ways even not for the eggs. But most medication or supplements takes at least 3 months to show effectiveness. So I'm not sure if taking just before the IVF works.
Lovetohavekids ,how many pills of dhea did u take?do u remember? Take together or take like morning n evening type?

Back