any mummy trying for #2 for Year 2016?

Hello all,

My girl is turning 3 years next month. Initially wanna try for a goat as I want a 3 yrs difference but then it's alway easier to say. I found I was not so fertile as before, perhaps due to the age. Am 32 this year. I strike jackpot at my 2nd month of TTC for my firstborn. And now after trying for 3rd month, my AF gone kind of haywired. I think it's really due to stress as am following certain calendar. The hub prefer a boy and I don't really mind because I had invested quite alot on my girl clothings. If it's a girl, at least I can save 'money'. Hope to strike a gender balance and can close my factory soon. Of coz, healthy baby is more important.

Hello. Am having kinda similar situation as you; my girl is turning 3 this Dec and thought to try for SG50 baby but didn't. But nonetheless, we're hoping to concieve a 2016 baby.

Let's jiayou together! :)

Thank u faithmummy1706... Currently.. Seen my gynac n c how 1st.. I cannot take Chinese med leh.. If pill not so bad but if drink... I can die...

HI lydiasui

I hated TCM med too... But I realize it is all in the mind. I told myself I must must must carry my next baby to full term so I force the medicine down.
To my amazement, the medicine was Not too bad. Not as bitter as I thought, and it is sometimes quite sweet....

Hi my #1 is 10 months old and I am expecting my #2 in Feb 2016 =) this is not a planned pregnancy but I also feel like giving LO a sibling to play with sooner hehe...jiayou to all 2016 mummies!

Hi my #1 is 10 months old and I am expecting my #2 in Feb 2016 =) this is not a planned pregnancy but I also feel like giving LO a sibling to play with sooner hehe...jiayou to all 2016 mummies!

Congratulations Pochacco123 !! grabbing your baby dust !! hehehe
have you know the gender?

Thanks! Hope to have good news too. Have been down with flu, cough and sore throat. Went to the doctor to get medication and told him to prescribe medication safe to take during pregnancy. He asked how many weeks am I, I told him I am not pregnant but TTC, so just in case.. Doc Lol and say it doesn't matter because I am not pregnant yet... Grr.. Think I am too paranoid. Lol.

Thanks! Hope to have good news too. Have been down with flu, cough and sore throat. Went to the doctor to get medication and told him to prescribe medication safe to take during pregnancy. He asked how many weeks am I, I told him I am not pregnant but TTC, so just in case.. Doc Lol and say it doesn't matter because I am not pregnant yet... Grr.. Think I am too paranoid. Lol.

You are not. I always ask alot of qns whether is it safe to consume during TTC. But I find the chances of BFP is usually quite low when one is sick during that period as ovulation may delay and so on.

it is normal to feel this way.... not paranoid...
actually doctor should give you pregnancy safe meds knowing that you are TTC-ing

it is normal to feel this way.... not paranoid...
actually doctor should give you pregnancy safe meds knowing that you are TTC-ing

jiayou missabc.... heard of many cases whereby it takes a long time to conceive #2 , so you are not alone.... maybe try to think of something happier so that you won't feel too upset.... sometimes it is also due to stress.

Me! My daughter is now 25 months. Using clearblue advanced ovulation monitor to check for high fertility and peak fertility. Website says try every 2 days ? but given that both of us are working, how to? Only fri and weekends possible.

Same here. My boy is 29months and we have been casually trying for close to a year. Just started to be more active these two months but likely I m out this month again due to the flu and cough medicine I took during early cycle. It's quite depressing to get bfn every time. Wasn't so tough when ttc #1.

hopeful80 and jog
wow, our #1 birth months so close, 2013 babies.... my #1 is already 22 month old...
and now we ttc #2, hope we all strike for same year again

Reactions: jog
faithmummy1706, hopeful80 & jog,

My #1 also 2013 too haha...so coincident...she turning 23rd month this July.

Just curious when yr try, do yr use ovulation kit to time when to try out? I cant decide if I shld start to use ovulation kit. Every month pass like that...and only 12x of trying a year. Seeing our #1 grow too fast & yet hasnt given them a sibling yet. Only all of us here will know how the exact feeling is like.

Missabc, yes I totally feel the same way. Want a slibing for my #1 and feeling anxious as I get more bfn with age catching up. But it seems that people tend to get bfp when least expecting it including myself when ttc#1. I do not use ovulation kits, just monitor CM.

Jog, totally agreed w you. Our #1 came we least expected. But now with our #1 growing & our age catching up, how to feel less stress right...and worse off it always bfn...lagi more stress. My CM not obvious & not a lot kind so also hard to monitor but I also feel if use ovulation kit may add on to the stress kekeke....

Anyway, we stay in faith together. Let's BELIEVE another one will surely come, just a matter of time.

jog, ya we are of the same age !!! :)
so now in this chatgroup already have 4 to 5 mummies whose #1 are 2013 babies... really hope all of us strike for 2016 babies hahahah SG51

actually i feel #2 seems harder to conceive, dunno why.

For #1, i used OPK stripes and start to test after menses all the way to ovulation. and I really try to BD every 3 days. eventually On the day when my OPK showed positive, I BD on the very day. Few hours after BD, i had stomach cramps which i read is Ovulation pain. and for that cycle, i conceived a baby boy

faithmummy1706, where to buy OPK stick & how much how? Are u still using this test for #2? And also which part of the day to test? And before test, anyti we cant do? Sorry if I ask too much cos I absolute no knowledge on this. TIA.

Missabc, I have a friend who brought from Qoo10 , told me is really cheap. A colleague bought expensive ones from guardian. You can check it out.

faithmummy1706, where to buy OPK stick & how much how? Are u still using this test for #2? And also which part of the day to test? And before test, anyti we cant do? Sorry if I ask too much cos I absolute no knowledge on this. TIA.

missabc
3 years ago, I bought opk stripes from this shop http://bbshop01.blogspot.sg/

I test after menses because I kia su haha.... but I test in the morning around 10 am .... that's what a friend advise me..... some people test once in the morning, once at night... actually I also dun quite know the logic.... I only know shows positive on OPK stripe means that within next 12 to 36 hours, I will ovulate

Is it a must to try every 2 days? Or only try during fertile period?
No harm bd every 2 days. In my case mostly bd during fertile period and random weekends. Not very convenient with my #1 sleeping in same room and weekdays prefer to spend more time sleeping. :p Any one here have their #1 sharing the same room still?

jog, me! Your situation is exactly the same as mine. Our #1 sleep in the same room with us. We also only try during open period. Other time also rather tired & sleep early. worse still is my hubby sperm quality is not that good & we were told it will b good to try every 3 days instead of every 2 days.

Missabc, you all went for tests? My hb not that young, 6 years older than me. Read that men fertility actually also declines as they age, not just us. But hb feels that if we just fated to have one kid then so be it, so he is quite relaxed in the ttc #2 project.

AF came yesterday.. Sian, have to "work" for another cycle. #1 sleeping with us and sometimes really too tired to bd on weekdays... zzzZz.

Used to have 28 days cycle but ever since I TTC, my cycle became 30 days..

jog

I believed we went for all tests. But some things work naturally in our body eg even all tests are done & also "repair" those areas, our body must be like able to ovulate, egg must b able to auto release etc so what Im trying to say is even all trst done, our body must function naturally for reproductive. Like my hubby sperm issue, there nothing much to do beside taking supplements. What about u? U went some tests as well?

Mylittletrumpet

Have to try again next month. I totally understand how u feel. Have to brace ourselves up to try next month again. Sometimes, I cant brace myself up but I always used my #1 as a strength. When my mind just wan her to have another siblings, my energy to perseve regains.

Missabc, nope we didn't go for any tests. Had the intention to go if didn't conceive #1 in half a year but unexpectedly got bfp before the scheduled appt to check so we changed the appt to check fetus instead. Haha. Now hb said he is happy with one already, #2 just leave it to God. But he knows I badly want a #2 and he feels my frustration after a year of futile casual trying so recent 2 months more active. Sadly these two months I was down with flu early in the cycle and my cycle went haywire, from 33 days became 40 days. So I also not quite sure when I ovulated.. CM and supposed ovulation differ. Sigh!

Hopeful80, same as me, have to wait for my little boy to sleep first too. But he might just wake up suddenly when he senses I am not beside him. Usually we need to be quite fast. Haha

jog

Actually my hb also said he is contented with one already, to have another one, just leave it to God too. Same like u. He also knows I badly want another one and he feels my frustration after of 1yr of futile casual trying so the past 6 months were more "scheduled" trying. Last year got a few alt months, I keep falling sick. So I know how u feel. U must get well completely soon ya. Jiayou!

same here !!! my hb also contended with only #1
I just feel that I want a sibling for my kid.... and next time when we are old, you know, he will be the only person bearing the emotional burden..... its like it is nice to have a sibling to discuss together....
But at the same time, my hb feel that we just have one kid and concentrate solely on educating and nurturing him to be a better person, than risking that we may neglect him because of no 2
SOmetimes I think hubby make sense, but sometimes I really want two kids to accompany each other
but then again, my hubby's lifestyle is terrible so I am not confident with his sperm quality too

Ya I also feel having another onecan have someone to discuss stuff etc. in fact, initially I keep blaming myself for not able to conceive another one after trying for almost 1.5yr (especially seeing 90% of my friends who delivered in 2013 same as me already due for #2 in 2015) I feel v guilty cos it is only us (hubby & I) can make it happen for her. If we cant do it, is my fault & I will feel guilty towards her for life. Now my mindset is I will still do my best each month & let God do the rest.

Yes I also feel the same that it is unfair to #1 next time to be the only child to bear all the caring duties next time. I am an only child so I know. It is tough to be only person making decisions for your aged parents. Even if we financially plan for old age, an only child will feel emotionally stress being the only person there for us. Hb says we cannot have kids with the intention of having them take care of us but I told him it's not just that. A slibling is a friend for life, not just caring for parents but also can support each other in other areas.

All of us here must jiayou! God must have His reasons for making us wait. Good things are worth waiting for!

Missabc, I totally understand the part about seeing others having #2 so easily and making us feel less competent and guilty cos I feel the same. It's not like I feel it's a competition or what, but more like stress how come we cannot meet the benchmark. It's not something I have told others even my closest friend so it's really nice to see you mentioned it. Hope we hear good news from everyone here soon!

ya missabc.... actually please do not blame yourself. if you are to blame, then I am even worst.... I should have try for baby when i was married in 2009 but due to lame reasons like want to play or enjoy freedom, I delayed until 2012 to try to conceive and ended up in Miscarriage. Only after my miscarriage then i realise how much time i had wasted. If I TTC early, my toddler now would have an elder sister or brother. And i would still have alot of energy to take care of them. Now i am so old liao, I also cannot imagine if my energy is still there to take care of both #1 and #2 or not , So i always tell young couple to try earlier if they are keen to have kids...

As for the siblings thingy, you are right... We are not even thinking of having kids to take care of us when we are old.... We just want to have a complete family. As for to conceive a sibling for our #1, it is just purely a thinking to give them a Friend. It will be very lonely to grow up alone. I have a younger brother, so I really enjoy the feeling of having accompany during my childhood. Our bondings are close and we now always meet up for gathering with our spouses and parents even after we are both married. Like Jog has mentioned, a sibling is really a friend for life. In future, when me and my hb are gone, at least my #1 and #2 still know that they still have each other to fall back on.

i don't know why i feel so emo after reading and typing above... sigh...
this is the really the reason why i am still keen of having #2 even though my hb is not the hands on type...

Faithmummy1706, your post makes me emo too.... We all jiayou! So nice to be chatting with fellow mummies facing the same situation. I feel encouraged already. :)

jog & faithmummy1706

Every single sentence each of you wrote above was exactly how I felt. Im like got ppl totally feeling same as me now.

"It's not like I feel it's a competition or what, but more like stress how come we cannot meet the benchmark. It's not something I have told others even my closest friend so it's really nice to see you mentioned it." Yes, it hard to share w even closest friend cos sometime u share w ppl, they will say at least u got 1 but is not about that. Is we just wan another one for the only one now. If we can conceive #1, why cant another one like any other ppl w one after another so easy.

Is just so so easy to relate to your here cos we are having the exact same intention to conceive, definitely not for taking care of us when we age. I also told hubby all savings now is for ourselves next time to check-in to senior citizen homes, got ppl take care of meals erc, then reduce burden for children.

Faithmummy1706, I believed all of us made regretful decisions in life (I do as well) but we cant chased back the time. You are already trying your best now. I must say you are selfess to even want to try another one even though your hubby not so hand on.

Let's pray hard togther for all of us here to conceive & deliver in 2016. AMEN!!!

jia you everyone, at least i feel i am not alone now and if there is any one of you here who strike first, I will feel very happy for you guys because it means all is not lost !!! everyone will have their chance....

Exactly same sentiments on the savings part!
I started saving hard now, for my kids' future & education as well as so that I have enough savings and they no need to financially support me when i am old. They will have their own families to care for and it is going to get even harder to survive in Singapore when they grow up and go out to the society to work.

Back