IVF/ICSI Support Group

How many times should we try IVF? It seemed so difficult to hear positive news in this journey. Especially when we aged.

@ Colettines & lovestohavekids, i dun have a HPT but left an expired HPT (expiry: 04/2015) so i jus use it n is 2 bold lines but scared not accurate since is expired. Jus went to toilet n check..spotting gone but the cramps are still quite intense..

@moinie, hugs babe.. this is a tough journey.. we feel for u.. rest well n tiao yr body for the next cycle..

Ladies, how to request for early BT since i hve another 4 days to go..

@ Colettines & lovestohavekids, i dun have a HPT but left an expired HPT (expiry: 04/2015) so i jus use it n is 2 bold lines but scared not accurate since is expired. Jus went to toilet n check..spotting gone but the cramps are still quite intense..

@moinie, hugs babe.. this is a tough journey.. we feel for u.. rest well n tiao yr body for the next cycle..

Can you go and buy one? Cos better don't trust an expired HPT and give yourself false hope. Today is 12dpt, shld be accurate to test today. KKIVF usually won't entertain earlier BT actually.

Thanks mesara and colettines. I do hope can strike too... Else I'll go broke ... Only 8 days Stim meds $5000 liao.

Sometimes I find that he's not a very nice doc... Was scolded by him during my last appt...
Are you on short cycle? I think my jab costs abt that price too just that it's by medisave or co-govt fund.

Can you go and buy one? Cos better don't trust an expired HPT and give yourself false hope. Today is 12dpt, shld be accurate to test today. KKIVF usually won't entertain earlier BT actually.
I also dun believe it so tonight going to buy n test tml morning...
Dunno why KKH blood test always so long.. in NUH i think 14dpt already start testing le..haix..

Dunno why KKH blood test always so long.. in NUH i think 14dpt already start testing le..haix..
Guess kkh wants to be sure its a negative negative or a positive positive. Maybi u still got chance,stay hopeful! Get a not expired hpt to check to ease yr mind

Wondersss, maybe u can pop in to your gp to do a pregnancy blood test?

kkh nurse wl make sure someone pick u b4 they released u...but my hb is already waiting outside le when they called him...
The nurse took my word that my hubby is here and she left me alone outside. I could walk away on my own if i want to. But decided to just sit there and wait for my hubby. :)

Thanks a lot, Mesara.. I reali hope to b able to sprinkle baby dusts on u & all the brave ladies here..

How have u been recently?

Jas249, all the best for tmr ER ok? Jiayou jiayou jiayou..

I hv started on my progynova le.. But I m quite Bo chap this round.. Not been feeling too good & been reali busy @ work.. & worried abt my embbies surviving thaw too.. It ll b a blessing if I bfp.. Oh well, I can't dictate wat goes on in the womb.. So can only let nature run its course.. Perhaps ur good news & baby dusts ll boost me up.. :)
Thanks lots, Queenie..:) i oso hope i can sprinkle bb dust on u n the sisters here but seriously not much confidence after failing 1 fresh n 1 FET..juz reali let nature take the course..pray hard!!!

Dun worry too much on ur embies thawing..ur warriors wl sure survive after the thaw..:) jia you!!! When likely wl b ur ET? Gd luck to ur coming ET too..:)

Ya man... How I wish can test then at least I can quickly finish my crying and go out to have fun for a few days before returning to work... Haha.

Ya man... How I wish can test then at least I can quickly finish my crying and go out to have fun for a few days before returning to work... Haha.
Lols.. testing is another obstacle for me... my previous cycle also tested +ve in the end alsl ---
Sometimes tested or not also no guarantee till we got the hcg readings..

Y he scold you? My hub find him arrogant. But i find he ok. But i only visit him 2 times for consultatiom though
during my day 2 to start Stim, the nurses never say must start jabbing at night time.... So first day I jab late afternoon, then morning jabs from day 3 onwards... Cos in KKH, jabs always in the morning...

Lols.. testing is another obstacle for me... my previous cycle also tested +ve in the end alsl ---
Sometimes tested or not also no guarantee till we got the hcg readings..
Now I half wish that full flow will come now so that I can stop my inserts... The other half still wishing I'm actually pregnant. Sigh...

during my day 2 to start Stim, the nurses never say must start jabbing at night time.... So first day I jab late afternoon, then morning jabs from day 3 onwards... Cos in KKH, jabs always in the morning...
Oic..maybi e nurse busy n slip their mind to tell you.. but yr eggs are growing normally now ya..stay positive

Mesara, I'm really hoping to start the July cycle cos our blood test expires on 27 July. My June menses came on 9 June but my cycle days can range from 28-40 days Am now trying some method that I Google. Drinking red raspberry leaf tea, hoping that it will help to bring forward my menses before they stop accepting by noon of 11 July. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Gal u doing fresh or frozen. They told me for fet they close 13 Jul to 3 Aug. Try pineapple juice...makes menses come faster

I only did intralipid wif him. Which I believe it helped. Btw this is my 3rd fresh with kkh. Egg quality the same (bad) despite diff drugs and protocol even use saizen didn't help. So I find no harm trying the drip with him anyway it doesn't cost much too.
Hi Colettines, can share what is the process for intralipid? And how much does it cost?

Y he scold you? My hub find him arrogant. But i find he ok. But i only visit him 2 times for consultatiom though
My hubby also don't really like him ...too blunt at times...after first miscarriage review told me to go surrogacy. Hubby so mad at him. He also has his tough days maybe...to me as a patient I have to give in and me not seeing him is my loss n not his loss.... so ya continue to see him for review and intralipid

Tsf don't worry n take it easy....all will be well

Now I half wish that full flow will come now so that I can stop my inserts... The other half still wishing I'm actually pregnant. Sigh...
Are the inserts delaying it? Since the inserts are paid for..just finish using it and wait for yr bloodtest.. maybe u can call and told them i r bleeding n see if can have a earlier BT?
Due to my hubby impatience, i have just tested HPT and is a positive! Still i have some reserves on my results..

Are the inserts delaying it? Since the inserts are paid for..just finish using it and wait for yr bloodtest.. maybe u can call and told them i r bleeding n see if can have a earlier BT?
Due to my hubby impatience, i have just tested HPT and is a positive! Still i have some reserves on my results..
That's great!! Just try to stay positive! If got another one, try testing on Sat again. See if the line is darker or not. Darker should be growing cos more hcg? That's how I interpret it. Now, I got more blood flow out on my pad so I think I may stop inserting the progesterone pill.

Congrats !:)

Congrats !:)
Oh okie..i missed my chance le...:(anyway, thanks for shar
Oh okie..i missed my chance le...:(anyway, thanks for sharing!!! :)
nvm y dun u call n ask if it's still possible

Congrat wondersss!!! Grabbing ur bb dust..:)

Thanks ladies!! Im praying v hard now tht my hcg will go up n up... *crossing fingers*
in my last cycle, my test kits go lighter n lighter as the days pass.. so im going to test on sat/sun again as lovestohavekids mentioned to see if the line get darker..
Will update u gals after BT...

Grew another 4 follicles over the last 2 days, bringing my total number of follies to 14! Really happy about it :)

Egg retrieval should be over the weekend or at the very latest, on mon!

Also did acupuncture at raffles hospital (as recommended by my doctor) yesterday. Really didn't appreciate getting poked in my scalp, hands, thighs and feet (didn't feel anything when my tummy was being poked though, think I have too much fats there :oops:) but am gona bear with it and go through another 2 more acupuncture sessions. After all, what's acupuncture compared to everything else in this journey right?

Any other ladies doing acupuncture as well? Any positive stories to share?
Hi I did acupuncture with electric n heat twice after ET. Hope can help in implantation...still in 2ww...

Gal u doing fresh or frozen. They told me for fet they close 13 Jul to 3 Aug. Try pineapple juice...makes menses come faster

Fresh cycle - our first... My hub n myself took the blood tests in January thinking we are doing fresh cycle very soon. Only managed to get slot in April but kept having unforseen circumstances coming up so have been postponing the fresh cycle every month until July... Sigh... Don't know got chance do July cycle or not. Cos my hub not keen to retake blood test again...

Thanks will try pineapple juice and hopes this helps... Actually if managed to get my menses by 11 July, still got another hurdle to cross as I was told I need to complete my ET by 27 July so let say my menses come on the morning of 11 July, I have just 16 days to do stim to ER to ET. Doesn't seem like sufficient time ya... I read sometimes need more days to stim if not responding well right. I have moderately low AMH due to age so most likely am a low responder leh...

Will leave it to God bah

Fresh cycle - our first... My hub n myself took the blood tests in January thinking we are doing fresh cycle very soon. Only managed to get slot in April but kept having unforseen circumstances coming up so have been postponing the fresh cycle every month until July... Sigh... Don't know got chance do July cycle or not. Cos my hub not keen to retake blood test again...

Thanks will try pineapple juice and hopes this helps... Actually if managed to get my menses by 11 July, still got another hurdle to cross as I was told I need to complete my ET by 27 July so let say my menses come on the morning of 11 July, I have just 16 days to do stim to ER to ET. Doesn't seem like sufficient time ya... I read sometimes need more days to stim if not responding well right. I have moderately low AMH due to age so most likely am a low responder leh...

Will leave it to God bah
funny... kkh told me to start my first scan on 6th. and maybe my FET on 13/14th. still open by then?

Will leave it to God bah
Yes. Leave it to God bah. Don't worry too much first. One step at a time. Try the pineapple method first and hope AF comes way before 11July.

Thanks lots, Queenie..:) i oso hope i can sprinkle bb dust on u n the sisters here but seriously not much confidence after failing 1 fresh n 1 FET..juz reali let nature take the course..pray hard!!!

Dun worry too much on ur embies thawing..ur warriors wl sure survive after the thaw..:) jia you!!! When likely wl b ur ET? Gd luck to ur coming ET too..:)

Kam siah..
Me too low confidence, after a failed FET & fresh recently.. Hack lah.. Let's fight on..

Seriously I don't know when my ET ll b likely.. When was urs (CD wat) when u did ur medicated FEt?

Read tt u retrieved 7 this time.. U Juz need 1 super embbie to make it!! Good luck..

Back