(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Thx for sharing. Didn't expect banana to be hazardous. What foods did you introduce as finger foods so far?

So far, if I am feeding apple puree, then I will give him apple slice to play with... same with avocado etc. I gave him raw carrot sticks to chomp on when I fed him carrots, but I think the carrot stick was too hard for him, he doesn't really like it... Cooked carrot sticks would be better...

I'm planning to try sweet potato this weekend. Tried banana n avocado which he doesn't seem to like much. But he look very interested when we are eating potato chips n other junk food and try to grab them. Maybe we shld stop eating junk food in front of him...lol
When can we start porridge?
Did anyone get those blender steamer? Is it useful?

I LOVE sweet potato, but I am not going to start my bb on sweet potato yet, cuz previously he had reflux and was gassy. Sweet potato is known to cause gas in babies (and in breastmilk) so I am holding back on that. Will try with butternut squash instead...

Rice cereal (brown rice powder cooked over low heat) was the 2nd item I started with my boy after pureed apple. If you are talking about rice porridge, as in the type we eat, can start ard 8-9 months.

I used my own blender and steam over the stove, didn't get the blender steamer....

Anyway, JTS the KKH weaning website, which is quite useful on feeding milestone and schedules... http://www.kkh.com.sg/HealthPedia/Pages/FoodNutritionWeaning.aspx

So far, if I am feeding apple puree, then I will give him apple slice to play with... same with avocado etc. I gave him raw carrot sticks to chomp on when I fed him carrots, but I think the carrot stick was too hard for him, he doesn't really like it... Cooked carrot sticks would be better...

I LOVE sweet potato, but I am not going to start my bb on sweet potato yet, cuz previously he had reflux and was gassy. Sweet potato is known to cause gas in babies (and in breastmilk) so I am holding back on that. Will try with butternut squash instead...

Rice cereal (brown rice powder cooked over low heat) was the 2nd item I started with my boy after pureed apple. If you are talking about rice porridge, as in the type we eat, can start ard 8-9 months.

I used my own blender and steam over the stove, didn't get the blender steamer....

Anyway, JTS the KKH weaning website, which is quite useful on feeding milestone and schedules... http://www.kkh.com.sg/HealthPedia/Pages/FoodNutritionWeaning.aspx

Up till now, coming to 6mth, my boy still have reflux problem. Din know that sweet potato will cause gassiness. Then I better dun start the sweet potato...

Up till now, coming to 6mth, my boy still have reflux problem. Din know that sweet potato will cause gassiness. Then I better dun start the sweet potato...
Yeah, ever since I have given birth till now, I don't dare to touch sweet potato, cuz scared bb too gassy.... Before giving birth, I was eating purple sweet potato every week...lol.

So alternative for me is to whack pumpkin and butternut squash as a substitute for sweet potato...

At the beginning mine the food went all over his mouth... it's much better now... he's been eating for approx 3 weeks....

I am not doing full BLW, but I always give my bb finger food to play with during this meal time... Right now he isn't showing any interest yet if I just leave it on the table. But if I feed it to him, he will chomp on it... think choking is not an issue with most foods, except for banana! My boy bite off such a big piece of the banana that I had to fish it out of his mouth...
Yes mine sometimes instead of swallow he shoot it out.. I know he is learning. .. very messy after feeds...
I guess Have to feed more times in order to let him learn

If your LO not used to bottle feed, suggest you use NB or smaller holes first. If she grows impatient then you upgrade to larger holes teat. It takes time to transit, I have just transited mine to Y variant flow.
So fast y teat..

Mine still on m

Gave him l size too fast flow for him

I'm planning to try sweet potato this weekend. Tried banana n avocado which he doesn't seem to like much. But he look very interested when we are eating potato chips n other junk food and try to grab them. Maybe we shld stop eating junk food in front of him...lol
When can we start porridge?
Did anyone get those blender steamer? Is it useful?
Yes mine very interested in our food too.. he will try to snatch. Thus we try not to eat in front of him

Wow seems like ur bb tried alot of stuff...

Mine only tried rice cereal n he dun like n reject So I straight went to porridge plus pumpkin, carrots , potato , fish etc alt.

So far he likes potato n fish ...

But in small amt only. .. I prepare 1 tablespoon in the bowl. But he will spit out half. So end up eat half tablespoon only

thanks for sharing the KKH weaning website..

i saw that the website states 150-180ml of milk at 6 mths.. haha.. my girl is still at 120ml max of milk..

thanks for sharing the KKH weaning website..

i saw that the website states 150-180ml of milk at 6 mths.. haha.. my girl is still at 120ml max of milk..
My girl also drinking v little. Abt 120ml every 3hr. But she's growing well so I just leave it. One day she takes abt 800-900ml. Is v little compared to other bbs but I won't force her. Probably she doesn't like milk..hopefully she will like solids better

Wow seems like ur bb tried alot of stuff...

Mine only tried rice cereal n he dun like n reject So I straight went to porridge plus pumpkin, carrots , potato , fish etc alt.

So far he likes potato n fish ...

But in small amt only. .. I prepare 1 tablespoon in the bowl. But he will spit out half. So end up eat half tablespoon only
Wow try fish liao ah..so far I only tried cereal, banana and sweet potato. Banana didn't wanna let her eat one but we went on a short trip and she always poor thing watch us eat and salivate so I scrape some for her to try and she liked it so gave a bit more..

i bought the NURTURE food powder from US, but alas expiring in Jul 15. So no choice started her on this instead of single food. This morning mixed with BM and she had one teaspoon nia

Wow try fish liao ah..so far I only tried cereal, banana and sweet potato. Banana didn't wanna let her eat one but we went on a short trip and she always poor thing watch us eat and salivate so I scrape some for her to try and she liked it so gave a bit more..
I dun dare try banana yet .. old ppl say not good to give..

Old ppl believe fish good.. thus no objection.. anyway I gave abit only. ... coz everyday I cook fish for my 2 elder kids. So pinch abit to give my bb try.. n surprise he likes it ..

Will banana cause phlegm?? Gave my girl a bit to try then these few days she breathe got the phlegm sound..scary :/
i dont think it will create phlegm i guess is the weather ..a lot of bb get sick easily ... even tBF bb also cant escape

Old ppl believe fish good.. thus no objection.. anyway I gave abit only. ... coz everyday I cook fish for my 2 elder kids. So pinch abit to give my bb try.. n surprise he likes it ..

yah yah ... i heard abt the banana too ... as for fish ..haben start ..will only start those when she can take porridge

My girl also drinking v little. Abt 120ml every 3hr. But she's growing well so I just leave it. One day she takes abt 800-900ml. Is v little compared to other bbs but I won't force her. Probably she doesn't like milk..hopefully she will like solids better
my gal also dun drink alot ... really see her mood .. but she taking her solid quite well

my lo drinks roughly this amt too .... as long as bb is growing well tjen it's ok lor

Mine too also drinking between 120ml to 130ml...

For banana I was told not to give the Philippines banana (the Del Monte kind), cuz it is "liang", but okay to give the Malaysia bananas like ang bak jio ("Red meat" banana) and pang jio ("Fragrant" banana), so I gave these instead...

Wanna start on fish too, but will wait until I start porridge...

Another good guide on baby feeding...

Guide-to-Baby-Feedng.png

My LO drinking 160ml and 5 times a day.. I also feels he doesn't like milk.. Maybe I give formula he will like it more..

My LO drinking 160ml and 5 times a day.. I also feels he doesn't like milk.. Maybe I give formula he will like it more..

My boy too.. is it a phase? Like after 3 months old, my boy been drinking lesser and lesser.. he is drinkin 120ml 7 times a day. And grew 200g a month. Compared to his 9-10 100ml feed a day and gaining 500g-1kg a month during the first 3 mths.. it's quite a big fall back to me..

My boy too.. is it a phase? Like after 3 months old, my boy been drinking lesser and lesser.. he is drinkin 120ml 7 times a day. And grew 200g a month. Compared to his 9-10 100ml feed a day and gaining 500g-1kg a month during the first 3 mths.. it's quite a big fall back to me..
He just kept rejecting my bm recently.. and always can't finish. I introduced formula to him.. finished Without any hassle.. apparently he just doesn't like my bm..

I think he is drinking fine! Since born he always only falls on the 25% percentile.. so far so good... :)

Hi mummies who are feeding semi solid, do you feed 1hr before milk or after? I read different articles/guides all have different guidelines...

He just kept rejecting my bm recently.. and always can't finish. I introduced formula to him.. finished Without any hassle.. apparently he just doesn't like my bm..

I think he is drinking fine! Since born he always only falls on the 25% percentile.. so far so good... :)

Mine too.. from day84 he can finish fm but refuse to drink bm.. i started to mix feed him in a bottle hald bm half fm and he didnt reject. 3 out of 8 feeds. Although all the while i have a werid feeling about this method of mixing i got from other mommies advise. I feel there there must be somehow some reaction between cow milk and human milk.. cuz bb lose weight during that period.

Was worried and unsure what cause the problem of his weight loss. Tried adding cereal into his fm, feeding him egg yolk and apple juice to aid digestion (that was 4.5months) he put on 200g.

Was pretty happy, but it end short. As bb become picky and dont drink milk - fm. So on day122, i decided to try give him full bm again since he dont take fm. AND HE FINISHED IN a jiffy!

I stopped all his solids and focus on milk. Bm or fm only. until now day 155, just passed 5mo.

And sian my mil is putting pressure on me to give solids again. And Im afraid milk strike is coming again.

So u r feeding ur lo fm? Stopped pumping?

Mine too.. from day84 he can finish fm but refuse to drink bm.. i started to mix feed him in a bottle hald bm half fm and he didnt reject. 3 out of 8 feeds. Although all the while i have a werid feeling about this method of mixing i got from other mommies advise. I feel there there must be somehow some reaction between cow milk and human milk.. cuz bb lose weight during that period.

Was worried and unsure what cause the problem of his weight loss. Tried adding cereal into his fm, feeding him egg yolk and apple juice to aid digestion (that was 4.5months) he put on 200g.

Was pretty happy, but it end short. As bb become picky and dont drink milk - fm. So on day122, i decided to try give him full bm again since he dont take fm. AND HE FINISHED IN a jiffy!

I stopped all his solids and focus on milk. Bm or fm only. until now day 155, just passed 5mo.

And sian my mil is putting pressure on me to give solids again. And Im afraid milk strike is coming again.
Funny is my col don't believe milk strike when she asking how is my lo den told her my lo rejecting milk she straight away point to must be my bm...

Huh? I nv know bm n fm can mix...so nv do that as it doesn't sound logic on me la...

My sis who is caregiver for weekdays saying my lo sometimes easy to feed sometimes rejecting milk so she gonna start solid once 6m at least my lo more full n don't have to worry for milk intake...

So u r feeding ur lo fm? Stopped pumping?
I stopping slowly le.. I pump half of what I usually pump. I will still let him drink my bm But becuz I only pumped half, I suppose it's only foremilk.. so I let him drink whatever he can.. and I will give fm the next feed so that he will be full...

I have quite alot of bm.. so stopping is a nightmare.. engorged until I cannot take it.. I feel like going to my gynae to get medicine to stop. Quite scare I will get blocked ducts for trying to stop...

hmm. i thot milk is suppose to be the main source of food until 1yo? so fast can cut down on milk intake alr?
Will also take some time...Because the amount that LO takes is very small ATM

I let LO try rice cereal yesterday. I fed her the cereal about an hr before her milk, and she had her usual portion of milk . Looking fwd to feeding less milk actually cos that means I can also consider dropping 1 pump session a day

Will also take some time...Because the amount that LO takes is very small ATM

I let LO try rice cereal yesterday. I fed her the cereal about an hr before her milk, and she had her usual portion of milk . Looking fwd to feeding less milk actually cos that means I can also consider dropping 1 pump session a day
I am thinking to drop pump too when she turn 6 mths.. i forgot, you exclusive pump or pump and latch?

So quiet these few days
LOL all busy with life... :)

I was down with diarrhea on Monday... LO has not been shitting, so I took prune juice and had prunes. End up I am the one LS on Monday... DH brought LO to my mum's while I stayed at home on the toilet bowl...

Luckily he finally pooped on Tuesday after 3 days...

How to deal with constipation after starting solids???

how much is your lo drinking now? my gal is drinking 120ml only.. is it too little?
my gal at 6 months old ... she also 120ml most of the time .. but occasionally she will drink more than 120mls ...
really see her mood

if she happy ... in less than 2 hrs want milk .. else it is around 3hrs before asking for milk but she started on solid ... brown rice cereal 2x per day .. around half chinese bowl

Hi mummies, greetings fr sunny Las Vegas, where it is hot hot hot! (42 degrees today, can really peng san)... Dunno why I go holiday my (.) (.) also holiday - these few days my afternoon pumping sessions only half the yield, so sad. I'm still pumping every 3-4 hrs, first session at 8-9am, last session at 1-2am. But I tell myself, just try my best la, have have, don't have just supplement FM lor, if stress lagi worse rite. Trying to give my boy 150ml instead of 130ml per feed as I scared he dehydrated from this dry desert air.

my gal at 6 months old ... she also 120ml most of the time .. but occasionally she will drink more than 120mls ...
really see her mood

if she happy ... in less than 2 hrs want milk .. else it is around 3hrs before asking for milk but she started on solid ... brown rice cereal 2x per day .. around half chinese bowl
i usually pack my ebm in 120ml only.. thinking if i should increase it... she ate brown rice powder for 1 week den refuse to eat anymore.. think sian of the taste. hahaha. i just introduce avocado puree only.. if no allergy i prob start giving apple puree..

Hi mummies, greetings fr sunny Las Vegas, where it is hot hot hot! (42 degrees today, can really peng san)... Dunno why I go holiday my (.) (.) also holiday - these few days my afternoon pumping sessions only half the yield, so sad. I'm still pumping every 3-4 hrs, first session at 8-9am, last session at 1-2am. But I tell myself, just try my best la, have have, don't have just supplement FM lor, if stress lagi worse rite. Trying to give my boy 150ml instead of 130ml per feed as I scared he dehydrated from this dry desert air.
omg 42 degree! i cant even take sg temp now... wow how do you manage to pump and feed ebm on the go while holidaying..

Hello! How was ur flight there?? Enjoy your holidays!

LOL all busy with life... :)

I was down with diarrhea on Monday... LO has not been shitting, so I took prune juice and had prunes. End up I am the one LS on Monday... DH brought LO to my mum's while I stayed at home on the toilet bowl...

Luckily he finally pooped on Tuesday after 3 days...

How to deal with constipation after starting solids???
Guess since started solids. U can feed abit of water .

Instead of u eating the prunes maybe u can let ur lo eat apples ? Weather is hot these days. Lo constipation also might not be caused by solids. My bb also having constipation I fed him gripe water yesterday finally today he gave a bomb.else he was quite cranky these few days too

really see her mood

Wow she can eat alot..

Mine was ok last week. Can eat 1-2 tablespoon of porridge. This week he reject porridge wonder is it Bcoz he is having constipation. Mine sweat alot. N weather so hot too I try to feed him more milk / fluid too .

I dragging my pump to 3 times a day, pumping only 250ml... usually If 8hrs apart I should yield 450ml.... so now my (.)(.) Really engorging like a stone.... painful like madddd..

I dragging my pump to 3 times a day, pumping only 250ml... usually If 8hrs apart I should yield 450ml.... so now my (.)(.) Really engorging like a stone.... painful like madddd..
joyce , can u share ur pump schedule pls. I feel like dropping a pump session and change my schedule such tt all 3 pumps are during office hours . Tt way I don't need to get up earlier and I can crash in bed immediately when I get home if I am zonked

Back