IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, anyone encounter abdominal pain after ER? How to reduce it?

R u prescribed painkillers?Take the painkillers n the pain shld subside gradually...if it din, n continues or intensifies...do b on alert on sudden weight gain n amt of urine...shld not get lesser n lesser...take more proteins n lots of sipping of water...if pain is no longer bearable even with painkillers,u may wanna go to the hospital to check things out...
Take care ya...

R u prescribed painkillers?Take the painkillers n the pain shld subside gradually...if it din, n continues or intensifies...do b on alert on sudden weight gain n amt of urine...shld not get lesser n lesser...take more proteins n lots of sipping of water...if pain is no longer bearable even with painkillers,u may wanna go to the hospital to check things out...
Take care ya...

Thank you.. I wasn't prescribe with any pain killers. I told the doc I had abdominal pain even before ER. But when discharged from ER, the nurse just asked me to monitor as they afraid I might have OHSS. I just hope that the pain will subside by tomorrow, so that I still can proceed with ET tomorrow.

Thank you.. I wasn't prescribe with any pain killers. I told the doc I had abdominal pain even before ER. But when discharged from ER, the nurse just asked me to monitor as they afraid I might have OHSS. I just hope that the pain will subside by tomorrow, so that I still can proceed with ET tomorrow.

You can take panadol if pain is unbearable. It is fine to take panadol for pain after er and et according to the doctor.

Anyone knows if lower backache is normal?

Are you in 2ww dear? Lower backache is quite a positive sign.

Actually, I realised from my own and others' experiences, don't read too much into symptoms during 2ww. Sometimes you could be pregnant without any symptoms and other times, you could experience many positive like symptoms but ended up not being bfp.

Usually if u experience cramps and sore boobs during your normal cycles then you could be preggie if you don't experience them in a particular cycle. The reverse may also be true if you don't usually get cramps and such but suddenly experienced them.

Good luck dear

Are you in 2ww dear? Lower backache is quite a positive sign.

Actually, I realised from my own and others' experiences, don't read too much into symptoms during 2ww. Sometimes you could be pregnant without any symptoms and other times, you could experience many positive like symptoms but ended up not being bfp.

Usually if u experience cramps and sore boobs during your normal cycles then you could be preggie if you don't experience them in a particular cycle. The reverse may also be true if you don't usually get cramps and such but suddenly experienced them.

Good luck dear
Yeah in 2ww just scared it's a bad sign. Was spotting 2 days ago but hpt positive.

Good luck hopeful 13 for today OR n good luck to Jas for tomolo OR! May u havd good good embries :)
Thanks Connie! Finished with ER today and only 5 eggs retrieved. Hoped they are good quality eggs. Such a drastic difference from fresh no. 2 when I have 16 eggs retrieved but of course that cycle ended with only 3 usable embryos.

Today had drama while waiting for my turn. The nurse who tried to put in the iv drip needle couldn't get it right and was on it for too long and adjusting it in and out. I broke out in cold sweat and almost pass out! The anesthetist came and did another one for me swiftly and no pain. Phew! First time drama with that iv drip.

Like wat daydreaming mentioned..pop panadols n observe if it subside...it shld relieve the pain n gradually subside...ur urination is normal ya?it shld not get darker or lesser n lesser...

Mild pain,discomfort & bloated r common after ER symptoms coz ur ovaries shld hav enlarged a few cm in diameter...

Tmr, mayb u shld alert ur doc on how u felt,ur pain...dun keep quiet abt it ya...let doc makes an assessment...safety first...take care...

Like wat daydreaming mentioned..pop panadols n observe if it subside...it shld relieve the pain n gradually subside...ur urination is normal ya?it shld not get darker or lesser n lesser...

Mild pain,discomfort & bloated r common after ER symptoms coz ur ovaries shld hav enlarged a few cm in diameter...

Tmr, mayb u shld alert ur doc on how u felt,ur pain...dun keep quiet abt it ya...let doc makes an assessment...safety first...take care...

Okay, I will inform the doc tomorrow. Thank you very much & good luck in ur ER!!

Thanks for the encouragement. But implantation happens on the 5-7dpt. So by now any implantation bleeding wouldn't be pink but Brown. I am just going to wait for 4 hours urine to do my HPT and then move on with my life.

I had pink spotting 12 days past transfer and it still worked. Stay positive!

Not sure if it'll be too early to test and get an accurate result. Better to just wait for blood test. All the best!

Anyone here did natural FET? I estimate my ET on 13 Jul if my lining is well n frosties do well. Anything to take note during this wait? I'm only completing my course of tcm to nourish my kidney liver...

Thanks Connie! Finished with ER today and only 5 eggs retrieved. Hoped they are good quality eggs. Such a drastic difference from fresh no. 2 when I have 16 eggs retrieved but of course that cycle ended with only 3 usable embryos.

Today had drama while waiting for my turn. The nurse who tried to put in the iv drip needle couldn't get it right and was on it for too long and adjusting it in and out. I broke out in cold sweat and almost pass out! The anesthetist came and did another one for me swiftly and no pain. Phew! First time drama with that iv drip.
Rest well for now! Tomorrow is no injection day ! Yeah :)

Yes! But kind of scared that will receive call from embryologist abt my eggs and need fresh sperm from hubby. Trying to be positive and hope eggies do well!! :)
I receive e call before from kkh. I know e feeling. Some more during or day e embrylogist says shouldnt need. Then next day day 2 call early in morning 8am says need becos 2 eggs just mature. Zzz.

But for now,give a pat to yourself for braving e OR n e iv drip poking. Rest well :)

Last edited:
Y dun u go O&g get more support juz in case
@wondersss @Colettines HPT is negative. So they won't give me any support. I can only wait for Tue blood test. I will still continue to put the inserts. Dr. Matthew is away on holiday but still very quick to reply my email. He says if full flow I can stop putting the inserts. And if I am emotionally ready, I can do my thaw cycle in my next mense cycle which would be next month.

@hopeful13 sorry just saw yr lining improved. Congratz and all the best to u, Queenie and Jas. Pls sprinkle baby dusts on us...

Thanks a lot, Mesara.. I reali hope to b able to sprinkle baby dusts on u & all the brave ladies here..

How have u been recently?

Jas249, all the best for tmr ER ok? Jiayou jiayou jiayou..

I hv started on my progynova le.. But I m quite Bo chap this round.. Not been feeling too good & been reali busy @ work.. & worried abt my embbies surviving thaw too.. It ll b a blessing if I bfp.. Oh well, I can't dictate wat goes on in the womb.. So can only let nature run its course.. Perhaps ur good news & baby dusts ll boost me up.. :)

Rest well and jiayou for your ET, hopeful13. I too had the iv drip drama previous fresh cycle, the nurse poked many time to but couldn't get it right. In the end she gave up and asked her colleague to do it. I complained to the second nurse that those pokes were painful...luckily she got it done at the first time but on my other hand. Both hands kenna poked..gosh..:confused:

@wondersss @Colettines HPT is negative. So they won't give me any support. I can only wait for Tue blood test. I will still continue to put the inserts. Dr. Matthew is away on holiday but still very quick to reply my email. He says if full flow I can stop putting the inserts. And if I am emotionally ready, I can do my thaw cycle in my next mense cycle which would be next month.
As long no full flow.. hope is still out there... nvr know until the BT..miracles are out there..

Thanks a lot, Mesara.. I reali hope to b able to sprinkle baby dusts on u & all the brave ladies here..

How have u been recently?

Jas249, all the best for tmr ER ok? Jiayou jiayou jiayou..

I hv started on my progynova le.. But I m quite Bo chap this round.. Not been feeling too good & been reali busy @ work.. & worried abt my embbies surviving thaw too.. It ll b a blessing if I bfp.. Oh well, I can't dictate wat goes on in the womb.. So can only let nature run its course.. Perhaps ur good news & baby dusts ll boost me up.. :)
Hi gal am feeling ok and preparing for natural fet. Don't knw what to expect when to do where to do. ..so many questions and worries as usual. Work keeping me v bz and had a break overseas with hubby that really gave me a boost and felt refreshed. I can start July doc said so an waiting for menses. But think 13 Jul kk close ar like tat means later or aug Sep try. Confused la. Wish u all the best in your cycle. Take care n take it easy....

Hi gal am feeling ok and preparing for natural fet. Don't knw what to expect when to do where to do. ..so many questions and worries as usual. Work keeping me v bz and had a break overseas with hubby that really gave me a boost and felt refreshed. I can start July doc said so an waiting for menses. But think 13 Jul kk close ar like tat means later or aug Sep try. Confused la. Wish u all the best in your cycle. Take care n take it easy....

Mesara, I'm really hoping to start the July cycle cos our blood test expires on 27 July. My June menses came on 9 June but my cycle days can range from 28-40 days Am now trying some method that I Google. Drinking red raspberry leaf tea, hoping that it will help to bring forward my menses before they stop accepting by noon of 11 July. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Grew another 4 follicles over the last 2 days, bringing my total number of follies to 14! Really happy about it :)

Egg retrieval should be over the weekend or at the very latest, on mon!

Also did acupuncture at raffles hospital (as recommended by my doctor) yesterday. Really didn't appreciate getting poked in my scalp, hands, thighs and feet (didn't feel anything when my tummy was being poked though, think I have too much fats there :oops:) but am gona bear with it and go through another 2 more acupuncture sessions. After all, what's acupuncture compared to everything else in this journey right?

Any other ladies doing acupuncture as well? Any positive stories to share?

Colettines u succeeded under him? Congrats! Is there any change in protocol this time n any particular thing u did to make this cycle a bfp? Please share :)
I only did intralipid wif him. Which I believe it helped. Btw this is my 3rd fresh with kkh. Egg quality the same (bad) despite diff drugs and protocol even use saizen didn't help. So I find no harm trying the drip with him anyway it doesn't cost much too.

Jus went to the toilet and spotted brown stains ...im so afraid history will repeat again... :( feel like crying now...
A little bit of spotting brown should be ok. What happened in your previous round?

My spotting is already red. The progesterone inserts are delaying the full flow I think. My cramps have stopped.

A little bit of spotting brown should be ok. What happened in your previous round?

My spotting is already red. The progesterone inserts are delaying the full flow I think. My cramps have stopped.
In my previous cycle, i also hve brown spotting in 9dpt2dt and in the end turn to be chem pregnancy..
Although this round the brown spotting is 13dpt2dt but the cramps is similar like the last round too..so i quite worried.. :(

Will u still go for the BT??

No worries. ..trust yr heart and instinct. Very safe with dr loh and miracle will happen. Waiting for your good news dear. :)
Thanks mesara and colettines. I do hope can strike too... Else I'll go broke ... Only 8 days Stim meds $5000 liao.

Sometimes I find that he's not a very nice doc... Was scolded by him during my last appt...

Jus went to the toilet and spotted brown stains ...im so afraid history will repeat again... :( feel like crying now...
Dun cry might b not enuf support. U try to hpt first
Thanks mesara and colettines.
Sometimes I find that he's not a very nice doc... Was scolded by him during my last appt...
who cares if he is nice. What we want is success. So just Angkat him a bit la :p .All the best to u

I only did intralipid wif him. Which I believe it helped. Btw this is my 3rd fresh with kkh. Egg quality the same (bad) despite diff drugs and protocol even use saizen didn't help. So I find no harm trying the drip with him anyway it doesn't cost much too.
Hi colettines,
Do you know intralipid is for what group of ivf patients? I failed my 2nd cycle recently and will be gg for my 3rd fresh with Dr Tan from kkh. Went for my review with dr tan aft my 2nd failed but he didn't mention anything on intralipid. Can share more?

Hi colettines,
Do you know intralipid is for what group of ivf patients? I failed my 2nd cycle recently and will be gg for my 3rd fresh with Dr Tan from kkh. Went for my review with dr tan aft my 2nd failed but he didn't mention anything on intralipid. Can share more?
Kkh dun offer intralipid only O&g at TMC does that.Both ur cycle failed to implant?

In my previous cycle, i also hve brown spotting in 9dpt2dt and in the end turn to be chem pregnancy..
Although this round the brown spotting is 13dpt2dt but the cramps is similar like the last round too..so i quite worried.. :(

Will u still go for the BT??
Did u try to test on HPT again? Did the line get darker?

I will still go for the BT to close this episode.

Thanks mesara and colettines. I do hope can strike too... Else I'll go broke ... Only 8 days Stim meds $5000 liao.

He was always nice to me. But he is very serious with his work and his advice for his patients. If we don't follow he will be upset. Hehe.

Y he scold you? My hub find him arrogant. But i find he ok. But i only visit him 2 times for consultatiom though

Back