Parkway East -

Jellybean2015

Anybody to share their experience with Parkway East hospital, please? Any recommendations for gynea/obstetrician connected to the hospital? Am planning on going there as is nearest but nobody else seem to... TIA

Hi, I delivered my no 1 at Parkway East and am going to with my No 2. I find the whole experience quite pleasant :)

If you don't have any preference, you can call the hospital hotline to see a gynae. That's what I did and I was linked to dr roland. So glad to have met him cause he is an ivf doc as well and I'm currently doing ivf with him.

I saw Dr Chandra there for my entire pregnancy and delivered the to my baby boy last week. Very satisfied with their care and medical services. Would definitely go back for next child and highly recommend to others.
Good luck!

Hi, I had my 1st child in ParkWay East too. Pleasant stay and not much ppl. Might be out of the way for many but if we stay in the East it's the nearest and best.

I'm seeing Dr Heng there, The hospital is small and cozy. What do they provide when you deliver your baby? I only remember bathtub. Hehe...

They provide diapers, wet wipes, formula (mine was EBF so didn't need formula), tub, blanket, one set of newborn clothes, diaper bag from what I can remember. But more than the freebies, it's their service that I highly recommend :)

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any idea how much is PEH charges like? And how much cash payment do we have to make?

Am currently seeing dr heng and due in apr 15.

Thanks

Delivered my son in sept with Dr Chandra, maybe the below is an indication of the costs involved at Parkway East hospital. We ended up staying in a single bedder as the deluxe room was occupied by someone else the day I delivered.
I am an expat with insurance, not sure what costs you will incur.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1415086495.873418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1415086495.873418.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 2,695
Last edited:
I'm wondering besides the maternity essentials like pads and nursing bras, must we bring towels and toothbrush, toothpaste to stay overnight at Parkway East? Can someone please share?

Thanks!!

I'm wondering besides the maternity essentials like pads and nursing bras, must we bring towels and toothbrush, toothpaste to stay overnight at Parkway East? Can someone please share?

Thanks!!

No, they provided everything inc. shower gel, body cream, shampoo and conditioner for me and my husband when we stayed in the 1 bedder option. Very similar to hotel service :) and the brand was Crabtree & Evelyn!
Not sure about the shared rooms with 2 or more beds.

Wow, so good. Ive requested for a 1 bedder but not sure whether will I get it. Hubby not staying over though, I live 1 min drive away only. Hehe...

I just delivered at Peh recently.. Charges are quite expensive, but service n facilities are quite good. I chose a single room, supposed to be on normal delivery. But eventually ended up with e-csection due to unforeseen circumstances. Total bill turned out to be close to $12k.

Wow, so, how much did you pay after deducting medisave?

Care to share the cost for the bulk of the bills?

I'm delivering there in Dec.

Wow, so, how much did you pay after deducting medisave?

Care to share the cost for the bulk of the bills?

I'm delivering there in Dec.

I have attached a copy of the estimated costs related to the Gynae I delivered with earlier above, take a look

I just delivered at PEH too and found the overall experience a pleasant one.

Firstly, the check in admin staff was prompt and friendly, the delivery nurses and especially the midwife Emiline was very reassuring and friendly. She really eased my fear of delivery. Dr Lim, my anaesthetist for epidural was very good and gave me the jab without pain.

Dr Heng is great throughout my pregnancy too. Smiley and friendly. One of her nurses at her PEH clinic is a bit blur though, the older one.

Throughout my stay at PEH, the nurses were attentive and warm. Service is great in this cosy hospital and I'm glad I had my girl there. I'll definitely go back there and go with Dr Heng again if I have a second child.

My total bill for normal delivery with epidural is about $6k+.

My wifey delivered my boy at Parkway East in 2013. Her gynae is Dr. Heng, who I find quite experience and approachable. The overall experience at Parkway East was pleasant. Should be going back there for my next one, hopefully... :p

Anyway, as my wife is not local, we compared the package and prices with KK and it turns out that Parkway East's prices then was very competitive. And as I understand KK is only mid-wife delivery unless complications occurs, we decided to go for Parkway East and thru some googling, the reviews on Dr. Heng is quite positive.

Back then, 2013 Feb, my overall bill without eqidural is ard $5.5k+, for 2 in a room. :)

Can someone advise the cost of elective c-sect at PEH if one stays in one-bedder or two-bedder?
Any mummies that delivered this year can advise what is given in the go-home bag for newborn?
Does PEH still give the small squarish bath tub?

I had natural birth there last year so O cannot advise you on the cost.

And i did get the square bath tub and a diaper bag with some toiletries for baby, a top, a nursing cover which I love and some other small samples. They had crabtreee and evelyn toiletries in the toilet for mummies too.

Thanks MistyCloud
Below is some information I got from PEH
Normal Delivery (3 Days 2 Nights)
Deluxe Room: $3220
Single Room: $2958
2-Bedded Room: $1984
4-Bedded Room: $1839

Caesarean Delivery (4 Days 3 Nights)
Deluxe Room: $5304
Single Room: $4896
2-Bedded Room: $3378
4-Bedded Room: $3118

Package Inclusions
For Mother - Maternity gown with front opening, 3 meals, first pack of maternity pads & first set of toiletries.
For Baby - Clothings, disposable diapers/wipes, swaddle, basic health screening & first dose of vaccination (BCG + Hep B)

For Caesarean Package Only - First hour of General Anaesthesia OR One dose of Epidural

Package Exclusions
Doctors fees - Gynaecologist delivery fee, Pediatrician fee & Anaesthetist fee (optional for Normal delivery, compulsory for Caesarean delivery)
Epidural Dose (if necessary)
Other Miscellaneous Items (if any)

No mention on the squarish bath tub. Haha.

Hihi,

I think this is the standard package that you pay for (hospital charges). The goodie bag items may change and contains samples from other vendors. So, it is not stated. When I called to ask them, they also didn't mention much. I went for the hospital tour and knew that I'll get the tub then.

=)

Hello mummies who've delivered at Parkway East,

Just want to find out if the Parentcraft classes that you can attend during the stay was good and useful? I think it's probably the best time for me to absorb info on the baby then!

They provide diapers, wet wipes, formula (mine was EBF so didn't need formula), tub, blanket, one set of newborn clothes, diaper bag from what I can remember. But more than the freebies, it's their service that I highly recommend :)
Does it mean i dont have to bring diapers n wet wipes. Will it be enough for the 2 days stay?

Back