(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

My colleagues feel my tummy is quite obvious already, but people still snatching seats fr me on train. I think to others, i'm jus fat bah.. now 17th week.. still haven't feel movement.. worried..
It's ok. One man just took the reserve seat, looked at me n went to sleep immediately.. machiam I m a sleeping pill

I am now approaching week 17 and have not felt any movement yet. My doctor said I will only feel it after week 20.

People just act ignorant when they saw us especially during 2nd trimester when the tummy is not so obvious yet.

I am now approaching week 17 and have not felt any movement yet. My doctor said I will only feel it after week 20.

People just act ignorant when they saw us especially during 2nd trimester when the tummy is not so obvious yet.

So true :( I can feel my legs aching but bump not really showing yet.. Looks more like I'm having a tummy,so no one will offer seat to me

It's ok. One man just took the reserve seat, looked at me n went to sleep immediately.. machiam I m a sleeping pill

I know right! It's like we have this magical ability to make ppl suddenly very sleepy or feel a urgent need to check their phones! :p

So true :( I can feel my legs aching but bump not really showing yet.. Looks more like I'm having a tummy,so no one will offer seat to me

I think some times depends on what you're wearing also. Some clothes make it more obvious.

I feel my bump is obvious but even my girlfriends couldn't tell until recently. I think they assumed I was getting fat and too polite to say anything haha.

Does anyone experience blocked nose during pregnancy? Am currently week 16 and it's so bad that I can hardly breathe. It's disrupting my sleep too. :(

anyone having chest pains? i ve this cramps between and ard my rib cage bones. like heartburn bt not so sharp.v dull pain.keeping me up at night also. started in 2mth and stopped. now its back.

last time gp said its inflammation of rib cage and cld be due to anything especially my history of gastric..bt this has never happ b4 and i am wondering if its the pregn.

anyone having chest pains? i ve this cramps between and ard my rib cage bones. like heartburn bt not so sharp.v dull pain.keeping me up at night also. started in 2mth and stopped. now its back.

last time gp said its inflammation of rib cage and cld be due to anything especially my history of gastric..bt this has never happ b4 and i am wondering if its the pregn.

I have history of gastric too. I had heartburn the other night. It was so uncomfortable that I couldnt sleep! I had spicy noodles and carbonated drink for dinner so that might have caused it. My throat felt like it was burning and my chest felt uncomfortable/in pain. I had to sleep sitting down and it went away the next morning.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed, the moment they saw us boarding the train, their heads str away turn to their hps.....

Ive been having motion sickness and i hate crowded buses. The other day the bus was crowded and stuffy. I felt like fainting so i squat down in the middle of the bus! Then an aunty from a distance saw and gave me her seat. The person near me wasnt doing anything about it. I guess im not showing yet or it is not that obvious so people might think its just lump of stomach fats. Im coming to 17weeks now.

Does anyone experience blocked nose during pregnancy? Am currently week 16 and it's so bad that I can hardly breathe. It's disrupting my sleep too. :(

Me too! Especially during the evening, all of the sudden I have got blocked nose. I wonder why....Very tough to eat dinner with blocked nose though.

Hi,

I had runny nose on and off and would sneeze nonstop for 5 mins. I read that during this period, we would experience things like blocked nose, constipation and heartburn.

Blocked nose, I can't do anything about it. But for constipation, I think eating dragon fruit is quite helpful for me. As for heartburn, I had to cut down on heavy meals and eat small meals and also cannot give in to my cravings. Have to eat simple and healthy food.

Going to do Amnio test today. Hope for the best!

I have history of gastric too. I had heartburn the other night. It was so uncomfortable that I couldnt sleep! I had spicy noodles and carbonated drink for dinner so that might have caused it. My throat felt like it was burning and my chest felt uncomfortable/in pain. I had to sleep sitting down and it went away the next morning.

o ok yup then i guess must be the gastric. was reading on the net tt wat i ve "costocondritis" or inflammation of rib cage cn be caused by anything. for preg ladies it cn happ in last trimester when baby is bigger and kicking. adds pressure to the lungs and rib cage causing inflammation. too early for that now.

Hi,

I had runny nose on and off and would sneeze nonstop for 5 mins. I read that during this period, we would experience things like blocked nose, constipation and heartburn.

Blocked nose, I can't do anything about it. But for constipation, I think eating dragon fruit is quite helpful for me. As for heartburn, I had to cut down on heavy meals and eat small meals and also cannot give in to my cravings. Have to eat simple and healthy food.

All the best to ur test !

my bb is really 'listening' to online and gynae and fellow mummies advices. everyday i'll be having 5 meals. and i cannot eat big meals. so my desk is filled with milk,bread & fruits. every 2-3 hours i'll be chewing on something :oops:

Hi,

All the best to your test, dun worry too much, everything will be fine in the end.....

Hi,

Hi Faith&Hope0902, jiayou and all the best! I had my amnio last Monday, still waiting for the result!

@Faith&Hope0902 @annix I too never had this problem of blocked nose in the past. Sigh. My blocked nose becomes very bad these days till now have a little sore throat already. :mad: Going to try to apply Vicks hopefully will help.

Last edited:
Hi MTB,

Thanks all!

I just did my amniocentesis test. It is quite painful when the needle poke thru the uterus. I closed my eyes and don't want to look at the needles. Felt a bit sore at the place where the needle poke through. And a bit mild cramps. My doc gave me 3 days mc and bed rest.

The plus side is that I get to see details of my bb. They did an ultrasound of my bb. And try to identify the details so much as possible. My bb is still sleeping when did the scan and was back facing the scan. And she slowly moves to side profile for us to see. Legs, hands, spine etc. It is quite ensuring to see bb growing well.

Hope my results will be Okie and we can see her details on week 20.

Hi MTB,

Thanks all!

I just did my amniocentesis test. It is quite painful when the needle poke thru the uterus. I closed my eyes and don't want to look at the needles. Felt a bit sore at the place where the needle poke through. And a bit mild cramps. My doc gave me 3 days mc and bed rest.

The plus side is that I get to see details of my bb. They did an ultrasound of my bb. And try to identify the details so much as possible. My bb is still sleeping when did the scan and was back facing the scan. And she slowly moves to side profile for us to see. Legs, hands, spine etc. It is quite ensuring to see bb growing well.

Rest well and take good care of yourself.

Haha, maybe we should be more drama, like keep touching our tummies, and acting as if we want to faint tt kind of look.
Worse still, i even give up my seat to another preg lady in MRT, as her tummy is bigger than mine.

I just had a similar moment today. I gave my seat up for a girl of 5 or 6 yo. I stared at all the teenagers and grown men sitting down but they were either too engrossed in their phones or pretending to be asleep. I wished that SG would be like Japan where the reserved seats are always kept empty for the needy. My friend once asked someone else to give up his seat for me on the train, but he glared at us when he got up.

Hi all mummies,

Thanks for the concern and advises. I am not thinking much about my miscarriage as I am too engrossed with my #2. I have done the Down syndrome test and will be doing FA Scan with Uterine Doppler @ 20 weeks. I have done OSCAR. The result shows my #2 is healthy and good.

all the best !!

Hi MTB,

Thanks all!

Hi everyone!

Firstly, wish to send my congrats to all mummies! Let's all keep a positive mindset and stay healthy for the little ones! =D

Am new here with my first pregnancy!

I am keen to join the FB group too. May I know whats the group name or I shld be invited?

Cheers,
Orange

Hi everyone!

Firstly, wish to send my congrats to all mummies! Let's all keep a positive mindset and stay healthy for the little ones! =D

Am new here with my first pregnancy!

I am keen to join the FB group too. May I know whats the group name or I shld be invited?

Cheers,
Orange
Hihi, u need to provide yr email address for us to invite u to the FB group

Back