Need tactics to manage a maid for poor quality work

doveymum

Hi, anyone can share effective tactics to mge maid who always give poor quality work. Sloopy n short cut, only when u stand there watch the she will do properly. I m really v fedup, already counsel numerous times eveb ask agent talk. I train her 3 mths still like that. Yet, I try to control as scare scold too much she want to leave. I m tired of changing maid.. but my blood boil when I think I have to live wif this type of quality or either stand and watch her do whuch I dun have time. Any subtle way of punishment tat I can use apart from scolding and doing her work for her? So far I demostrated, write down schedule and show her, she can do but onlt when I stand there she will do a proper job not cannot do???? How? Haiz

Where is your maid from? How old? Any prior experience. I suggest that you should change her since you are v frustrated already. Perhaps a transfer maid that has working exp in sg will suit you better. Good luck.

Hope get some tips too.. Get paid but not fulfilling basic work. Only want eat well, rest well, Employer buy things for them n be treated well.

But no choice.. Can only close two eyes n tahan.

even different OL (office ladies) will have different quality of work. some need people to consistent keep an eye on them. some will be automatic. some will really fail as a worker. normally boss will just ask the person to leave the company or fire her or just live with it

so maid is the same case. not necessary is because of the country, age or marital status

It think this is a common challenges faced by many employers. If you hire the maid just to do housework, I think hiring a part-time cleaner will have lesser quality issue. Otherwise, either you lower your expectation or change a new one and hope for the best.

I agreed with what pixie had said. For every industry there will be people that eat snake when boss not looking. Especially, when there is no incentives to work well.

Thks for all yr advice but changing maid is easier said than done. Altho agent give free replacement but still have cost that employer must incur everytime we change, like admin fee, insurance, etc can cause few hundred plus the trg and time invested. From last Oct until this is 4th one. One Myanmar Lang prob n spoil many things, 2 indon , one insist want go back indon can't adapt home sick and the other totally can't speak ENG n run back agent after I chide her . This one can ustd badic english but have to micro mge if u stand n watch she can do but dun monitor totally sloopy work. I tried to lower expectations but still cannot suppress the anger n short change feeling.. so I thinking of how to punish this type of lazy bum without her knowing to air My anger!!!

Thks for all yr advice but changing maid is easier said than done. Altho agent give free replacement but still have cost that employer must incur everytime we change, like admin fee, insurance, etc can cause few hundred plus the trg and time invested. From last Oct until this is 4th one. One Myanmar Lang prob n spoil many things, 2 indon , one insist want go back indon can't adapt home sick and the other totally can't speak ENG n run back agent after I chide her . This one can ustd badic english but have to micro mge if u stand n watch she can do but dun monitor totally sloopy work. I tried to lower expectations but still cannot suppress the anger n short change feeling.. so I thinking of how to punish this type of lazy bum without her knowing to air My anger!!!

Doveymum,

I am facing the same difficulties like you.
Completely cannot speak and can't read time and date meaning i had created a schedule which she cannot understand at all and do not know today is what date!!!! Causing my son to miss his school bus and try to bring my daughter to school 1 hour ahead????? Eat my son's stuff!!!.....

Scolded her and i think because she don't understand just keep saying yes mdm yes mdm and smile. Really testing our tolerance!!!
I am wondering why MOM allow such a quality with totally no english knowledge maid into SIngapore when we are paying so much. Some more the 1st day asked me to wifi and must give her off day!!!

I am really suffering but have to work really need a maid to help up.

I am worry about changing maid, have to take leave retrain and don't even know they can work or not, agent was just trying to close deal, they wouldn't be bothered.

Since you tried all ways, no choice but ask her to redo again and again... if mop not in proper way, ask her to mop again.
Btw have you install a camera, i do and i will show her that she miss mopping under the table or her laziness to push a very light chair to sweep or mop.

Facing the same problem, 4th indo maid in 1 and 1/2 year and sending her back soon. Looking for transfer maid and would like to try Myanmar. So sick of Indo.

Thks jagean Mummy for sugg. I did not have camara. Mayb good idea. Oh just wanna share mynamar lanf prob can be quite bad... they pratically dun ustd what u telling both my mymamar maid KeEP spoil things and for first 3 mth, really nightmare.. culture shock. Teach until can go mad! But they more obedient indon, just plain lazy, short cut and like to steal things... haiz

Mynamar is really a nightmare. No no no for me, tahan for 1 month already, really driving me crazy.

If u send back maid too many times in short period, u will have to go for consulting by MOM before able to hire maid.

Another thing is maid agent will not go to the counties and choose themselves. Some will just go to random work agencies there, take their profile and email u. Work agencies there also may not be truthful to the maid and maid agency in sg. Hence when the maid come here, she feel cheated and because she owe the work agency money she can't quit.

If you able to find a good agency then probably easier to find a good maid

Last edited:

Back