(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Looks like my girl is a small eater and very petite too.

At 11+ weeks old,she's only drinking 80ml ebm when I'm not at home. When I'm around,I directly latch her on. And she only drinks from 1 side. Measured her weight at home last week; she was only 4.9kg at 11 weeks. Kinda worried about her growth but then, she looks fine and healthy. She was born at 37+ weeks though and only 2.4kg at birth.

I have oversupply so 1side enough. Yup next feed i will alternate next boobs. During the first mth i diligently pump 3hourly whether i DL or not. Now i pump 4-6hourly but 4x a day. Still oversupply even thou having blocked ducts.

U can combine the expressed milk within the same day in a milk bag in the fridge. Dont need seperate unless more den 1 day.

But for me if i nv freeze, den i put in fridge, when i give my elder to drink i will combine(2 seperate day ebm) as both bottle is of the same temperature. But not advisable if u wants to freeze..

Ah thanks! If normal fridge temperature its ok to combine ya? Am not freezing..

Hi all,
Abit late to join (hope not too late.. have been trying to figure out how to use this forum).. my baby is a labour day baby and i hope to join a forum to share and discuss issues faced. This is my 2nd baby though.. should be experienced. But facing new set of issues.. #1 was DL. This one is exclusive pump.. having problem scheduling my time to pump and do other tasks..

Hi @Anna0214 ! Congratz on ur #2. Girl/boy?
May i ask y this time not successful to DL??

@blythylively yup can combine!
Ar.. Nvr know can combine. My fridge a lot of milk bag now! Wahaha..

Juz now saw a video on FB while I'm pumping. Video say how working mums struggle to pump liquid gold for their bb at work. Watch till my tears keep flowing.. Muz keep watching this video to motivate myself! Feel so bless that my LO now on TBM and I still can afford to pump for her. 3 more weeks to work. Haiz...

My mum ask me to work half day in initial returning to work. Say my LO got separation anxiety! I think I will too... Sob...

Just went to e pd, and surprised dat bb is 4kg now at 5wks. Like i mentioned earlier, totally dun look like he gained much weight!

So funny, e older folks scared dun feed enough, we r scared of overfeeding. Im using e pacifier in btwn feedings, cos feel dat sometimes bb just need soothing. Yesterday bb keep regurgitating milk, then realised hubby has been feeding him 100ml or more! Told him to keep to 90ml then kena black face haiz.

Wow so many babies here progressing to M size diapers already? Mine still can fit nb, skinny legs! Tried S size for petpet and pampers for him, like very loose leh. But he feels so much heavier, dunno where the weight goes to, maybe his face cos now his cheeks are getting so pinchable lol. Like chipmunks. Hubby keeps calling him fatty.
I still hv 3packs of S that I needed stuff his thighs in. Sweat.. we stock up too much :(

Hi @Anna0214 ! Congratz on ur #2. Girl/boy?
May i ask y this time not successful to DL??

@blythylively yup can combine!

#2 Is a boy. #1, 4 yr old ger. This time i dl till 3rd week when bb jaundice suddenly shoot up n was hospitalised due to breastmilk jaundice. Then i got mastitis as pump wasnt clearing enough. Bb hospitalised for 4 nights. Admitted drinking 60ml discharged drinking 80ml. Reached home drinks 120ml. (In 4 days) Supply couldnt catch up. Faint. To ensure bb drink enough, i only believe in pumping...

Spectra bottle and Medela bottles is it the same ?

Did u buy spectra connector? The smaller flange comes with the narrow neck from what i heard can fit medela.
The wide neck cannot fit pigeon bottle cos the thread on the bottle is different.

#2 Is a boy. #1, 4 yr old ger. This time i dl till 3rd week when bb jaundice suddenly shoot up n was hospitalised due to breastmilk jaundice. Then i got mastitis as pump wasnt clearing enough. Bb hospitalised for 4 nights. Admitted drinking 60ml discharged drinking 80ml. Reached home drinks 120ml. (In 4 days) Supply couldnt catch up. Faint. To ensure bb drink enough, i only believe in pumping...

Yea true that ur supply wont catch if DL n furthermore stressful jus to take care of them both! But nvm la, as long bb is growing well n u able to provide the best is good enough!
Now ur supply shld be quite stablised...

@MTB-2015 u been busy at work n ur girl... So far can cope? Now i counting down to the days left to go back work.....

Haha.. I still got Onwards x2, Bosomi, Drypers (from hamper), Merries (from diaper cake), Mamy poko..

Wah tats alot! Maybe can sell, give away or exchange lor.
I gave my nb diaper away. See all the red marks, like so pitiful. Den size S can hold longer. Size M lagi better! Lol

Experiencing bad block.. I tot cleared den came back. Now one cupsize B the other like DD! Haha so funny yet so sad!

Wah tats alot! Maybe can sell, give away or exchange lor.
I gave my nb diaper away. See all the red marks, like so pitiful. Den size S can hold longer. Size M lagi better! Lol
Mine are all size S except Drypers r size M (small cutting). NB finished long ago lo..

O dear! Ouch, so pain~
Y so block? Nvr pump?

Tot recovered den dragged 8hrs, end up worse. LO latch till angry... Den i pumped realised nth came out tat y he angry dun wan drink -__-|||

Mine are all size S except Drypers r size M (small cutting). NB finished long ago lo..

Thats alot of size S lor. I only use 2nd pack size S den need to change. I think our bb shld b ard same size bah.

Tot recovered den dragged 8hrs, end up worse. LO latch till angry... Den i pumped realised nth came out tat y he angry dun wan drink -__-|||

Thats alot of size S lor. I only use 2nd pack size S den need to change. I think our bb shld b ard same size bah.
Size S still can fit. Merries n Mamy Poko cutting quite big.

Faster clear ur block ducts. Dun let it infected.

Cant clear after latching ... Yawnz LO been awake since 9pm... Put down cry. I tink we really supermummy. Can express milk any pattern anywhere anyhow. I shake him on my leg and only pump one side...

Cant clear after latching ... Yawnz LO been awake since 9pm... Put down cry. I tink we really supermummy. Can express milk any pattern anywhere anyhow. I shake him on my leg and only pump one side...

Wow how can u tahan? Hope someone else was helping! I already woke up twice for feedings, did a quick pump n ready to zonked out liao.

Where to get the red black white book? My LO is coming week 6. Have not given her anything to play yet. Only installed the cot mobile but she doesn't seem interested. When will bb start seeing thing? Sometimes wonder if she is bored cos I'm not doing much.
I got the book from one of the seminar held during my pregnancy. Those sponsored by cordlife. The book made in fabric that one. Got 123 and abc book. Read that newborn only can see black and white and red. So I try to read bb a book. Seems he is staring at the book. Someone also told me why our nipple getting darker during our pregnancy is becoz for bb to see and recognize so they can easily find out where got milk one. :p

Anyone up for pumping now? I just skip a pump at 2am...now feeling the pain
I took some medicine (safe for breastfeeding) cos i had a headache and zonked out till now. Woke up to heavy boobs and quickly pumped. Really pumping rain or shine, sick or alive! Way to go mummies!

My last pump at 12am... forced myself up at 5am to pump... feeling heavy and worried of block ducts if I don't pump.
Now feeling satisfy...after seeing the pump result... :) its my baby's meal for tomorrow... enough for her breakfast and tea break.

Woke up at 1.30am, 4am, and now to DL... Pumped at 2am..

ZzzZzzzz...when will her feed time be more regular...:(

Woow...you must be very sleepy ...pumping and latching whole night.
My CL says baby will adjust their feed time and zzzz time themselves automatically when time comes... Jiayou!!

Y u all so good
Every 2-3 hrs pump got supply
I ao hardworkibg pump at 3am , 5am
But each pump supply onli 50ml, 2 pump then can combine to add up to 1 feed for bb

U all pump for how long? I pump 15min onli.. Tried b4 1/2 hr to 45min same output

Thats y feel like buying spectra 9+ as recommend by furbee

How much is spectra 9+ ? Next week got bb fair going to see

Woke up to DL and pump at 4.45 just now. Its been a while since my breast leak. And just now, woke up and my right breast leaking. Happy for a while. Hehehe...

My baby nowadays, kinda sleep thru the night alrdy. I give her the nipple once I feel her moving. She drinks while sleeping and I continue sleeping. Hehehe....
Endure a lil bit more mummies. Hope your babies will have longer sleeping time soon.

My girl will be having her 5 in 1 jab later in the afternoon. I kinda nervous for her. Hope she'll be ok. Or rather, I'll be ok. Hehehe

I pump at 3am after 10mins pump baby wake up for latch and sleep again on 4am. 6am cry for milk again and latch her for 10mins for both breast she angry maybe milk too slow and she's too hungry and Top up fm 60ml.

Y u all so good
But each pump supply onli 50ml, 2 pump then can combine to add up to 1 feed for bb

U all pump for how long? I pump 15min onli.. Tried b4 1/2 hr to 45min same output

How abt Spectra S1+...? It's hospital grade and comes with massage function. So far it helps me to have 2 letdowns within 10mins. It really empty my boobies fast..and very quiet machine. I bot from qoo10 and shipped from Korea directly.

My bb also sleep quite long. 8pm go sleep then only wake up at 3am. Then DL half hour. Then I go back to sleep again. I wake up take bath at 6, prepare to go office then bb wake up at 7 to catch his last meal before mummy going to work. So smart. So I did not pump just ask bb to empty. Good! Lols

Y u all so good

Spectra 9+ I bot in Qoo10 during time sale at $128, with dual pumps.

Having time sale now!
http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=423298468&stcode=411

This is the best deal I found for 9+.

Wah been at least 1 week tat bb tortured nv me. Now he start all over! 3.30am latch to sleep, 5am den 8am.. Sleep more important den clear ducts for today. Haha.

@littlepurple , if u dun nid portable pump, can invest in hospital grade like wat @minidonut suggest. Can clear boobs faster... For me i really bo bian need pump any where any time :)

Mummies, jus to share what my mum 'taught' me. Duno if it can work for all, but for me i think it worked.
Dont take aftermoon naps... @.@ haha at first i freaked out, during confinement like nap x infinity... Haha. But really i feel less cranky after 3rd day of no napping. Even thou night feeds are a torture since DL i dun bother waking my hub up, amazingly i can manage and still wake up 8am not feeling moody, or even lack of sleep. Maybe is jus training body to take the tiredness and put it elsewhere.... So far 6th day...more to go before can conclude further. Haha

Hi mummies, my LO is 6 weeks now and I intend to remove her mittens. Do I also remove her booties?

Also, approximately when should we stop swaddling her? TIA.

I woke up at 2.30am and 6.30am to pump. Pump till I kept dozing off. Was worried I dropped the bottles. Then bb woke up at 5.30am for milk. I helped to warm up the milk for hb to sleep before knocking out again. Then woke up 8.30am to have bf and prepare before bb wakes up. So sleepy.

@dreamersg , yes u can start to remove her mittens so her fingers will start exploring n open instead of clenching...
Botties i feel is alright, like wearing socks etc.. :). But when remove mittens, make sure u regularly cut bb nails, and the scratches on faces will heal real fast if bb do scratch..

Swaddling is good if bb can slp comfortably, and for longer period. I feel tat bb also wont jolt from slp easily. My bb stopped swaddling at 1.5wks, had hard time coaxing him to sleep! I wld rather b be swaddled so his arms n legs wont keep moving too much during zzz too.

Size S still can fit. Merries n Mamy Poko cutting quite big.

Faster clear ur block ducts. Dun let it infected.

Crazy boobs. Suddenly small size can pump 150ml but can still feel sore, bigger size pumped 300ml and still heavy. Faintz.. Any tips to make it back to same size? I now trying to frequently latch the smaller size (blocked) ...

Crazy boobs. Suddenly small size can pump 150ml but can still feel sore, bigger size pumped 300ml and still heavy. Faintz.. Any tips to make it back to same size? I now trying to frequently latch the smaller size (blocked) ...

Wahhh!!! I super envy!! It's a totally happy problem!! I've been trying to build my milk stash as LO gg to infant care in Aug...so far haven't used my deep chest freezer yet...all milk bags still can keep my regular freezer...

Any tips to have to this happy problem? :D

Wahhh!!! I super envy!! It's a totally happy problem!! I've been trying to build my milk stash as LO gg to infant care in Aug...so far haven't used my deep chest freezer yet...all milk bags still can keep my regular freezer...

Any tips to have to this happy problem? :D

Happy if not sooo many painful problem.. Haha.
I take lots of meiji milk, water.. Food i nv control jus eat what i feel. But seriously is a problem tat boobs so small and one soo big. My bra cup jialat leh... Loose n fitting

I take lots of meiji milk, water.. Food i nv control jus eat what i feel. But seriously is a problem tat boobs so small and one soo big. My bra cup jialat leh... Loose n fitting
Tot the block one is DD?
Very lopsided leh. U better clear it fast.
I was also feeling sharp shooting pain in my previously infected breast. But feel no lump leh. Sooo pain till can't sleep last nite..

Which Meiji milk u drink?

Haha isit the blue capped full cream meiji milk? Its my favourite-st milk too! I love everything diary and been drinking meiji since pregnancy days. Till now i still drink cereal everyday (breakfast and teabreak) and on and off longan tea too. I think staying hydrated helps. I dont eat alot cos of small appetite. Yield averaging around 160-300ml per session...

Your hubby got say anything about ur 'asymmetrical' boobs? Hehe

Did u buy spectra connector? The smaller flange comes with the narrow neck from what i heard can fit medela.
The wide neck cannot fit pigeon bottle cos the thread on the bottle is different.

Yea true that ur supply wont catch if DL n furthermore stressful jus to take care of them both! But nvm la, as long bb is growing well n u able to provide the best is good enough!
Now ur supply shld be quite stablised...

@MTB-2015 u been busy at work n ur girl... So far can cope? Now i counting down to the days left to go back work.....

Yo! So far so good. Colleagues take turn to take care bb for me if I am busy.

I am looking for a infant care centre, but all r full and on waiting list. Sigh

My baby weight is at 5.8kg and he's at 8 weeks. Is he over weight?

My boi also almost 6kg at 8weeks. But my boi gt big bones..

Tot the block one is DD?
Very lopsided leh. U better clear it fast.
I was also feeling sharp shooting pain in my previously infected breast. But feel no lump leh. Sooo pain till can't sleep last nite..

Which Meiji milk u drink?

Amazingly is the small tat is blocked tat y not much milk being expressed for last 5day. Awww the shooting pain v comfortable!

I drink any of the meiji cos i always choose the later expiry ... Only 1person drink so i v kiasi

@Twirlycandy , my hub dont bother cos i no time for him either. Lol.

Back