(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Haha @BubsandBloms u really describe the 'gold mining' process well! I aso like the heap of relief on d look n sound tat bb made wen their nostril is cleared! Extraction..... Cute word to use..hehe

My LO poo at least 7x meaning 99% after feedings. Waste lots of diapers cos sometimes less den 2second after change will poo again. U mean ur LO if given more milk he may spit out? 80ml at 6wks is normal range from what the doc recommend fr my LO too. As long they r growing fine is all tat matters!

Haha @BubsandBloms u really describe the 'gold mining' process well! I aso like the heap of relief on d look n sound tat bb made wen their nostril is cleared! Extraction..... Cute word to use..hehe

My LO poo at least 7x meaning 99% after feedings. Waste lots of diapers cos sometimes less den 2second after change will poo again. U mean ur LO if given more milk he may spit out? 80ml at 6wks is normal range from what the doc recommend fr my LO too. As long they r growing fine is all tat matters!
Ya.. Same as mine; poo a lot of times and waste diaper. I think 1 day avg use 10 diapers. My LO drinking 120ml now at 7 weeks. Sometimes up to 150ml. She already wearing 3mos romper since 2 weeks ago. @furbee , mine oso King Kong. Carry too long, my arms will numb leh!

@highness i can imagine ur girl...meaty x2! Lol.. My boi bones v big but nt meaty .. No matter how bb is, they all look cute. Esp other bb .... Haha. Ur girl appetite anytime can win leh.

I been skipping one meal daily, now can c output wen pump aso affected. Anyone else experienced the same wen skipping meals? Dropped more den half per session...o_O

Have u all started giving toys to bb?
I gave my lo those hanging musical tat wen kicked will make noise.. Only can entertain 10mins :(
He aso likes watching TV, but yet to start on bb programme..

I gave my lo those hanging musical tat wen kicked will make noise.. Only can entertain 10mins :(
Hi-5! My LO oso like to watch tv, haha..
She lazy leh.. Every time give tummy time will fall asleep instead. The piano play gym can entertain her for a while but she prefer Zzz..

Skip meal will affect yield de. Our milk is nutrients mah. Nvr eat where got ho liao for them, haha..

Time flies n bb is almost 6 weeks old. cl is also leaving this sat. Being challenging coping with learning to look after bb plus was down with mastitis last week. Now bb seems to be having colic and has trouble sleeping at night. I'm so zonked out.

Guess we all like to extract the gold out of the LO's nose! Me too! Can't imagine their nostrils so small can contain big pieces of gold!

@furbee.. why u skip meals leh? I'm your opposite haha.. keep munching like 'yao tio' like that..

Time flies n bb is almost 6 weeks old. cl is also leaving this sat. Being challenging coping with learning to look after bb plus was down with mastitis last week. Now bb seems to be having colic and has trouble sleeping at night. I'm so zonked out.

Hope u have recovered from the mastitis episode! Hang in there mummy! Things will get better.. ask your hub to help at night.. during daytime when baby sleeps.. u try to catch some rest as well. Jiayou!

Hey girls,

Anyone using huggies and experiencing poor absorption and leakage? I do. So now have to use huggies in the daytime for frequent changing and goo.n and merries at night for better comfort and absorption... Bought quite a few packets of huggies at baby expo previously though...

@Skivewalker hang in there! Baby colic episode may be on n off by will end ard 3mth old. Jiayou. U be more busy,but more experience with handling bb on ur own too..

Hey girls,

Anyone using huggies and experiencing poor absorption and leakage? I do. So now have to use huggies in the daytime for frequent changing and goo.n and merries at night for better comfort and absorption... Bought quite a few packets of huggies at baby expo previously though...

I aso been using huggies, so far quite tight fitting for my boi. Maybe at most 3x experience major leaking of poo.. But cannot hold pee over more den 7hrs..sure leak. I still scouting for cheap 'branded diaper' for night use and my place nearby dont have kca or onward which i intend use for daytime.. Expo fair really cheap isit?
Maybe will consider go the next fair to stock!

Hi-5! My LO oso like to watch tv, haha..
She lazy leh.. Every time give tummy time will fall asleep instead. The piano play gym can entertain her for a while but she prefer Zzz..

Skip meal will affect yield de. Our milk is nutrients mah. Nvr eat where got ho liao for them, haha..

My boi tummy time is to suck his whole hands like eating drumstick.. Normally only suck finger.
I didnt realise effect b so great wen skip meal. Lol. Last time within 2mths can lose all the preg weight.. Now aiming to lose b4 3rd mth.

Anyone starting jogging n doing sit ups? I planning to start next week...feel like so stiff!!

@Skivewalker hang in there! Baby colic episode may be on n off by will end ard 3mth old. Jiayou. U be more busy,but more experience with handling bb on ur own too..

I aso been using huggies, so far quite tight fitting for my boi. Maybe at most 3x experience major leaking of poo.. But cannot hold pee over more den 7hrs..sure leak. I still scouting for cheap 'branded diaper' for night use and my place nearby dont have kca or onward which i intend use for daytime.. Expo fair really cheap isit?
Maybe will consider go the next fair to stock!

Did a comparison with merries and merries can hold the 'pee' better and thus far theres no leakage of poo or pee haha. According to my maths geek hubby, he says its about a 10-15% discount at baby expo.. So tt time we stocked up on huggies n merries. And tried a packet of goo.n haha we bought huggies cos when shes hospitalised, hosp gave huggies so we thought it should be fine..

Hey girls,

Huggies cutting more suitable for boys. My #1 had been using Huggies total protection thru out to 4yo. But hb feels Huggies ultra absorption for nb is gd. I'll prefer many poko for girls.

The last time i bought merries in year 2011, i dun remember buying it below $0.50 per pc lor. Seems now more promo. My #2 had bad allergy to all diapers except pampers (lucky consider mid range price).. I feel now kids really have expensive butt. Haha. My mom also complaining say last time kids where got use diapers at home.. Even cheap ones also is to keep for going out use. Nearby also use cloth diaper @.@

@highness i tink maybe cos huggies thigh area cutting big enuff for boys too. U got stock up mamy poko? I duno what size to get if buy merries, cos huggies size S like quite tight, but scare merries size M cutting is bigger den huggies M.
Do u all use the weight as gauge? Or visual tightness

Guess the changing of diapers is common. Previously, im using like 10 over pieces a day. As for the milk intake, my LO will just reject using his hands and make noises to indicate he doesn't want to drink. If we force, he will spit out and cry. Im just worried he's not eating enough but even though I'm feeding him approx 60ml per feed, he seems satisfied.

Yea, i gave my LO toys already. Or rather I played it in front of him and his eyes will catch the attention. So cure and fun.

Did a comparison with merries and merries can hold the 'pee' better and thus far theres no leakage of poo or pee haha. According to my maths geek hubby, he says its about a 10-15% discount at baby expo.. So tt time we stocked up on huggies n merries. And tried a packet of goo.n haha we bought huggies cos when shes hospitalised, hosp gave huggies so we thought it should be fine..

I'm using merries too and loving it. How much is it expected at expo? I bought mine at qoo10.

The last time i bought merries in year 2011, i dun remember buying it below $0.50 per pc lor. Seems now more promo. My #2 had bad allergy to all diapers except pampers (lucky consider mid range price).. I feel now kids really have expensive butt. Haha. My mom also complaining say last time kids where got use diapers at home.. Even cheap ones also is to keep for going out use. Nearby also use cloth diaper @.@

@highness i tink maybe cos huggies thigh area cutting big enuff for boys too. U got stock up mamy poko? I duno what size to get if buy merries, cos huggies size S like quite tight, but scare merries size M cutting is bigger den huggies M.
Do u all use the weight as gauge? Or visual tightness
I use weight as gauge. The thigh tight nvm la, then won't leak from sides mah. Haha..
I see if the waist is loose.
Nvr stock up mamy poko. Juz realise it got different origins. Some selling Made in Thailand, some Made in Indonesia. Any difference?
I still got 2 packs of onwards and 1 pack of bosomi.

ya.... i give toys to bb already. I play the toys, he just stare at it. I also read him the red black white book. He looking at it, but dunno if he understand it or not.
Btw, I heard baby should not watch tv or see any gadget until 2 years old. May destroy their eye. So I always off the TV when my bb wake up.

I gave my baby rattle but she doesn't seem interested. Teether also don't fancy. Kept on sucking her fist. Showed her the colorful books she turned away. But when I sing, she listen and laugh. Maybe laugh at my awful voice ah. Hahhahaha...

I havent really introduced tv to her tho. Cept for one time. MIL wasn't at home and I needed go toilet. I put baby in the middle of the bed and on tv (some baby channel) and she seems to keep quiet. And after I was done with toilet, she still quietly watching.
Tv will be an emergency nanny once a while tho.
That was the only one time I let her watch tv.

My baby only attracted to a fish...clown fish in red and orange...she can look at the fish for whole day. My CL joking says my baby gone fishing lor... hahaa... :)
She still don't like tv now..or any video played on phone. So my emergency nanny is the little clown fish.

ya.... i give toys to bb already. I play the toys, he just stare at it. I also read him the red black white book. He looking at it, but dunno if he understand it or not.
Btw, I heard baby should not watch tv or see any gadget until 2 years old. May destroy their eye. So I always off the TV when my bb wake up.

Couldnt agree more! Kids who use it below age 2 really treat these gadgets as TREASURES! Cannot leave without their sight!
But after trying to on baby music for my lo, realised he not keen in music. So maybe need try reading books to him soon..duno if i got the patience anot..........

@highness, tat y mamy poko buy in (batam) indonesia is 50% cheaper ..from what my friends told me. Tempted to go short trip n buy diapers.. Haha

My baby only attracted to a fish...clown fish in red and orange...she can look at the fish for whole day. My CL joking says my baby gone fishing lor... hahaa... :)
She still don't like tv now..or any video played on phone. So my emergency nanny is the little clown fish.

U mean ur hse has fish tank? And she stares at the clown fish? Or picture? Haha ur Cl so funny

Couldnt agree more! Kids who use it below age 2 really treat these gadgets as TREASURES! Cannot leave without their sight!
But after trying to on baby music for my lo, realised he not keen in music. So maybe need try reading books to him soon..duno if i got the patience anot..........

@highness, tat y mamy poko buy in (batam) indonesia is 50% cheaper ..from what my friends told me. Tempted to go short trip n buy diapers.. Haha
So those mamy poko made in Indonesia is good too? Which one is original?

Wow so many babies here progressing to M size diapers already? Mine still can fit nb, skinny legs! Tried S size for petpet and pampers for him, like very loose leh. But he feels so much heavier, dunno where the weight goes to, maybe his face cos now his cheeks are getting so pinchable lol. Like chipmunks. Hubby keeps calling him fatty.

I have bought some goo.n diapers from Batam (went there while still pregnant) Really much cheaper.. i also bought some goo.n from expo sales.

Only then I realized goo.n has export and Japan version. The words on export version is in English while Japan version is in Japanese. Apparently the Japan version goo.n feels more comfortable then export version.

My LO doesn't poo so many times in a day. Maybe 3x .....

Anyone give Gripe water to bb? My gal has a lot of gas inside her...tummy is bloated. So we tried giving her gripe water just now and burp her. In the end, she threw up her milk thru both mouth and nose. This is the first time we see her threw out so much and also thru her nose. Is that a good sign that the gas is coming out?

Does your LO has mucus in her nose? Some times she will have heavy breathing and I saw mucus right inside which is too deep in to use cotton bud to remove. Managed to remove one 2 days ago but it's back again. Bot the nasal aspirator but it's difficult to extract as bb will fidget. Can we go deeper with this as compared to cotton bud?

My boy also have alot of mucous in his nose. His pd gave us sea salt nasal spray. It helps to soften the mucous and when he sneeze the sai will come out. I didn't use the nasal aspirator though as I don't want to injure his nose jus in case

@happy08 , i tink not so fast will c effect of gripe water leh. Hopefully ur bb let out more gas, den u see if still bloated after another day or 2.
Is her tummy hard cos of too much milk? My boi 3x had milk out of nose if when i overfed him. Now i make sure his tummy is abit soft to touch.
So far i use the rounded black hair pin go quite deep in to remove the nose shyt all quite successful. Also fidget alot, but lucky nv cry..so means not painful i suppose. Haha. I last time tried cotton bud but once insert cannot see how deep in or let right up down is the shyt so i gave up!

Furbee, I so traumatised as my boy also kena once aft feeding the milk spitting out from his nose. Couldn't sleep for few nights.

I used Huggies initially cos hospital was using that. But as LO grew, CL said that Huggies no good. Will leak at night. She is 4.5kg now coming week 6. I've already changed to Merries Size S for night time. Day time still using cloth diaper. So far so good for Merries. Need to stock up on the diapers. Any good deal now?

Where to get the red black white book? My LO is coming week 6. Have not given her anything to play yet. Only installed the cot mobile but she doesn't seem interested. When will bb start seeing thing? Sometimes wonder if she is bored cos I'm not doing much.

My boy also have alot of mucous in his nose. His pd gave us sea salt nasal spray. It helps to soften the mucous and when he sneeze the sai will come out. I didn't use the nasal aspirator though as I don't want to injure his nose jus in case

Sea salt nasal spray? Hmmm.... Ok if condition worsen, maybe I will brig her to pd.

My LO poo once every few days... >_<
And once she poo...it will be a poonami or poosplosion...even she wears merries it will still overflow no matter what...coz too much liao. :rolleyes:

And once she poo...it will be a poonami or poosplosion...even she wears merries it will still overflow no matter what...coz too much liao. :rolleyes:

Lol i can imagine her oh so shiok face after her full wave comes out! Lol..

Furbee, I so traumatised as my boy also kena once aft feeding the milk spitting out from his nose. Couldn't sleep for few nights.

But now u know actually does happen so dont feel so bad.. Even my 2 older kids didnt haf the nose spitting incident before when they were young.

Mummies, i aso realise hor, the health booklet chart not revelant to kids nowadays.... Lol. Feels like kids in the past r smaller in size den kids nowadays. Maybe partly encourage bm so bb grow slightly faster..

@cynn04 must be u keep pinching his chubby cheeks la. Lol. Try pinching his thigh see got effect? :p

I actually give my #1 fbm, but after reading up, i feel like the nutrients not sufficient...
Scare will affect her 'indirectly' ... Duno shld i continue giving... Shes 4yo!
My #2 is 2yo, so i feel still alright to give since still young n developing. Haha. M i thinking too much too far?

Anyone give Gripe water to bb? My gal has a lot of gas inside her...tummy is bloated. So we tried giving her gripe water just now and burp her. In the end, she threw up her milk thru both mouth and nose. This is the first time we see her threw out so much and also thru her nose. Is that a good sign that the gas is coming out?

Does your LO has mucus in her nose? Some times she will have heavy breathing and I saw mucus right inside which is too deep in to use cotton bud to remove. Managed to remove one 2 days ago but it's back again. Bot the nasal aspirator but it's difficult to extract as bb will fidget. Can we go deeper with this as compared to cotton bud?

I gave gripe water only twice daily.. Morning and night. 1 teaspoon each. no vomits though.. anyone here did a comparison between rid wind and gripe water?

Plus rub ruyi oil a few times a day. All these are now necessities haha.

Last edited:
I gave gripe water to my LO recently after he was diagnosed with Colic as well as lots of gas in him. He was so 'gassy' that he had difficulty sleeping well, especially at night. He would make lots of noise and at times, he would burp and fast alot of times. Gripe water helps a little i think.

As for mucus, hubby tried to 'extract' those dirt once every two days. Each time hubby do it, he will move about alot. He doesn't like, but whenever hubby managed to 'extract' alot out, it was a relief. Like hitting gold pot in the gold mine like that. His breathing also tend to be smoother after each 'extraction'.

On another note, LO turning 6 weeks and are drinking between 60 to 80ml per feed, with approx 2 to 4 times normal poo per day. Is this OK? He doesn't want to drink anything more yet his weight falls within the 50th percentile which is normal.

Mine is around 7 weeks and also around 60 to 80ml ebm per feed. Poo range from 1 to 3 times a day. Kinda worried she's not getting enough but her chubby cheeks are still very chubby hahaha..

Brought baby for vaccination yesterday at the clinic. She is 6 weeks old and although her length and head circumference is at 90 percentile, her weight is at 50 percentile she drinks 120 ml ebm in the day and fm at night.. it's a lot already right? Should I adjust her intake?

Guess the changing of diapers is common. Previously, im using like 10 over pieces a day. As for the milk intake, my LO will just reject using his hands and make noises to indicate he doesn't want to drink. If we force, he will spit out and cry. Im just worried he's not eating enough but even though I'm feeding him approx 60ml per feed, he seems satisfied.

Yea, i gave my LO toys already. Or rather I played it in front of him and his eyes will catch the attention. So cure and fun.

I'm using merries too and loving it. How much is it expected at expo? I bought mine at qoo10.

Its about 30cents per piece at the expo for nb and size S. We stocked up 4 packets of Size S for babygirl haha can stock up again at the july 12 baby expo...

I read tat babies can only see bright colours.. Maybe tat y she attracted to red & yellow.. Emmm i should try find more hanging toys!

I learn new words...and like it so much... "POONAMI" :)
I kena poonami too 2 days ago... her poo wave hit all the tissues...cotton pads...bed frame... bed sheet.. even the cot hanging toys. Everything have to change and put to wash. Haiyaa...

Just came back from a visit to the pd. Bb is now 4.6kg at only 5weeks! Brought him there because he seems to have hoarse voice and been vomiting milk few times yesterday n also got through his nose!

It turns out he's been overfed!! I'm latching in day and feed ebm by bottle at night. Turns out if i let him drink from both sides, its too much for him! Coz if i pump 3hourly I'll get 120ml which means he could be drinking this much during the day! The last few days were worse because after cl left, he keeps crying n everyone thought he's hungry. But he's not! So poor thing, i keep feeding him until he got sick.

Remedy now is doc ask me to chart feedings, feed 1 side only n pump the other side. If he manages to keep the milk in and not vomit, means ok to continue latching. If still vomit, may have to do exclusive pumping to avoid him overfeeding.

Anyone same?

Just came back from a visit to the pd. Bb is now 4.6kg at only 5weeks! Brought him there because he seems to have hoarse voice and been vomiting milk few times yesterday n also got through his nose!

It turns out he's been overfed!! I'm latching in day and feed ebm by bottle at night. Turns out if i let him drink from both sides, its too much for him! Coz if i pump 3hourly I'll get 120ml which means he could be drinking this much during the day! The last few days were worse because after cl left, he keeps crying n everyone thought he's hungry. But he's not! So poor thing, i keep feeding him until he got sick.

Remedy now is doc ask me to chart feedings, feed 1 side only n pump the other side. If he manages to keep the milk in and not vomit, means ok to continue latching. If still vomit, may have to do exclusive pumping to avoid him overfeeding.

Anyone same?

Yup when my LO was admitted due to his fever at week 5+ he was 5.4kg. Been drinking 150ml from bottle, if DL i give 1 side. End up also was told by doc n nurse too much for him. Den during the 4days stay only gave 80ml. After discharge i gave 100ml, slowly increasing lor. Nw 8wk he drinks only 120ml, but his weight gain slowed too which is good.. N he rarely pukes. Now when DL and he needs to burp he will scream in resistance den i sit him up burp before DL again.
Dont worry, bb smart, if they drink enuff will give u signs, but u must take the cue too, cos i last time tot he cry means hungry, kept DL, but actually maybe tired, or wants to carry...takes alot time to quiet him also.. Jiayou! Dont give up DL-ing so soon.

Mine is around 7 weeks and also around 60 to 80ml ebm per feed. Poo range from 1 to 3 times a day. Kinda worried she's not getting enough but her chubby cheeks are still very chubby hahaha..

My girl also 7 wks and drink 90ml per feed every 2hrs. Poo only once a day or 2 days once.

Yup when my LO was admitted due to his fever at week 5+ he was 5.4kg. Been drinking 150ml from bottle, if DL i give 1 side. End up also was told by doc n nurse too much for him. Den during the 4days stay only gave 80ml. After discharge i gave 100ml, slowly increasing lor. Nw 8wk he drinks only 120ml, but his weight gain slowed too which is good.. N he rarely pukes. Now when DL and he needs to burp he will scream in resistance den i sit him up burp before DL again.
Dont worry, bb smart, if they drink enuff will give u signs, but u must take the cue too, cos i last time tot he cry means hungry, kept DL, but actually maybe tired, or wants to carry...takes alot time to quiet him also.. Jiayou! Dont give up DL-ing so soon.

Every time when baby crying the 1st in my mind also she want milk. Actually is not! When she want to sleep also cry ask to carry. Slowly learn what baby want now..

150ml for 5weeks old is alot! Mine was taking 120 at 4 weeks and the nurses at KKH also told us we r overfeeding him. So they reduced to 100ml only. Unless he cry for milk then they add additional 20ml. Now he's at coming to 9 weeks I am still feeding him 120ml during the day at 2.5 to 3 hours interval and 130ml at night about 3-4 hours interval. He's still like a Michelin mascot haha

U DL from 1 side only each time? Do u alternate sides for each feed?

Btw can i combine all the ebm i pump today into 1 milk bag or must keep into separate bags?

U DL from 1 side only each time? Do u alternate sides for each feed?

Btw can i combine all the ebm i pump today into 1 milk bag or must keep into separate bags?

I have oversupply so 1side enough. Yup next feed i will alternate next boobs. During the first mth i diligently pump 3hourly whether i DL or not. Now i pump 4-6hourly but 4x a day. Still oversupply even thou having blocked ducts.

U can combine the expressed milk within the same day in a milk bag in the fridge. Dont need seperate unless more den 1 day.

But for me if i nv freeze, den i put in fridge, when i give my elder to drink i will combine(2 seperate day ebm) as both bottle is of the same temperature. But not advisable if u wants to freeze..

Its about 30cents per piece at the expo for nb and size S. We stocked up 4 packets of Size S for babygirl haha can stock up again at the july 12 baby expo...

Hubs saw Merries promotion at NTUC Finest (promo till 1Jul only). S size going for $15.95. Mummies who are interested can check it out.

Back