2WW - for those TTC-ing

i have little or non-existent EWCM in the past too. but managed to conceive with conceive plus/preseed, a fertility lubricant. The lubricant is like our EWCM so it forms a good medium for the sperms to swim. Without EWCM (or a fertility lubricant), the sperm cannot complete the journey to our tubes.

Give it a try! i swear by them.

There are other ways to create EWCM too. Not sure if has been discussed here in recent months.

I also on some medication to ovulate more eggs. Den monitor for awhile n c how isit goes. Tried so many years n nothing. So use CB ovulation kit heart pain also must spend that money

i have little or non-existent EWCM in the past too. but managed to conceive with conceive plus/preseed, a fertility lubricant. The lubricant is like our EWCM so it forms a good medium for the sperms to swim. Without EWCM (or a fertility lubricant), the sperm cannot complete the journey to our tubes.

Give it a try! i swear by them.

There are other ways to create EWCM too. Not sure if has been discussed here in recent months.
Where do we buy it and how to use it?

I have bought from both Unity and bbshop before. Not sure if Unity still sells them.

did a google and found guardian sells them too: http://www.guardian.com.sg/Hyphens-Preseed-30g/p/150527

bbshop sells both preseed and conceive plus: http://bbshop01.blogspot.sg/p/others.html

I have used both (conceive plus for #1 and preseed for #2) and I personally prefer conceive plus as the texture is similar to normal lubricant while preseed is thicker/more gooey.

Thank you for sharing.

I read another way is vaginal douching which is not good. Too much of douching may cause infection.

Kitty88, see a few posts above. I have shared some links.

Conceive plus comes with an applicator (like a tampon applicator), you fill up the applicator with the lubricant and put inside the vagina just before BD. I find it troublesome so I just use it like a normal lubricant, ie: squeeze out some and put on hubby, and also apply some around the vagina.

Preseed doesn't come with applicator so you can use it like normal lubricant.

I am currently TTC-ing #3. Told myself to do it the natural way: no temping, no OPK, no preseed. But getting a bit anxious haha (my nature).

Today is DPO 1 (i think, based on CM). Wonder if will get lucky. If I try a couple of cycles unsuccessfully, I will use conceive plus again.

Kitty88, see a few posts above. I have shared some links.

Conceive plus comes with an applicator (like a tampon applicator), you fill up the applicator with the lubricant and put inside the vagina just before BD. I find it troublesome so I just use it like a normal lubricant, ie: squeeze out some and put on hubby, and also apply some around the vagina.

Preseed doesn't come with applicator so you can use it like normal lubricant.
Thank you for sharing. Will go check it out at guardian. Hope to conceive soon. Trying to have a monkey baby.

Hi mommies, im trying for #2 for about 3 months now but still no news. so emo seeing so many friends/colleagues who got preg (some just after wedding bells)
I heard that it is harder to conceive if still breastfeeding. Is that true? I am still bf my daughter.

menses cycle is 28-30 days. today is CD28 and menses due tomorrow. Tested yesterday and it was neg. sigh.
Im thinking if i should visit Dr Su at bukit batok. is she really good? How long is the waiting time on Fri night and sat?

Hi mommies, im trying for #2 for about 3 months now but still no news. so emo seeing so many friends/colleagues who got preg (some just after wedding bells)
I heard that it is harder to conceive if still breastfeeding. Is that true? I am still bf my daughter.

menses cycle is 28-30 days. today is CD28 and menses due tomorrow. Tested yesterday and it was neg. sigh.
Im thinking if i should visit Dr Su at bukit batok. is she really good? How long is the waiting time on Fri night and sat?

True to a certain extend because your hormones still fluctuating and often bfing mothers have troubles pinpointing ovulation period to catch the egg. My hormones and periods are so screwed after i stop bfing..it has been almost 9 months and my mensus are still trying to regulate itself.
You may want to search information online on how bfing mothers monitor their ovulation...

And dun despair :), I am also trying for no. 2..If you don't have other fertility issues with your recent ultra sound scans..then healthy individuals will take up to 6months-1 year to concieve.

@deariejojo Technically, if you are breastfeeding, that would mean you have high prolactin (a type of hormone in breastfeeding women). That also means if you have high prolactin, your chances of conceiving is much reduced.

deariejojo
I am seeing Dr Su but not on a frequent basis because she is too far from me and I am juggling #1 .
But she is good, patient and knowledgeable. However, She might ask you to stop breastfeeding.
I didn't listen to her on stopping breastfeeding so I am currently same as you, still breastfeeding my #1 (going to 2 yo)
How old is your #1?

Dear ladies,

Need some advice. I have long cycles and the last most recent cycle was 40 days. Going by that, by right i shld be ovulating these few days. However, i dun have much signs of ewcm, and ovulation test kits been showing a line these 2 days but not as dark as the control line to equate a positive..

So does that mean that i'm not gonna ovulate this cycle? I really feel that its gonna be anovulatory cycle, trying not to think abt it but oh wells.. Can't even step into the 2ww

Hi ladies, this cycle im on clomid today cd31 AF have not report when do you think i should test as i don have any feeling of AF coming or any preg symptoms. TIA

hi all, this is my first post after being a silent reader for awhile. ;)

i have regular menses of 28-30 days and been ttc for about 6months after newly wed, with the idea of let nature takes its course ... sadly still no baby ... haha
i then randomly bought clearblue digital ovulation kit .. hoping to gauge my O day more accurately. but it fails on me very terribly, cos the results are very weird.
so will be getting more serious with ttc this month onwards.

went for a gynae checkup 2 weeks ago when my AF ended (during CD10) to make sure everything is alright ... still waiting for report ..
during the gynae consultation, she did a V-scan and said i have a nice uterus wall .. lol ..
she also mentioned that my ovaries are not enlarged at this stage so she can only tell me that day is not my O day, neither will it be the day b4 or the day after.
hai ... feel like i wasted the trip as i shld go during CD13 or 14 when its nearer my O day to see more things.
she didnt say anything much, apart from asking us to try during my fertile window of CD10-18 and gave me folic acid to eat daily

for my side, i will try to eat more dang gui here n there in my meals ... like those herbal chicken soup .... heard its good for women and the womb. but also heard that when pregnant if take dang gui will cause miscarriage! :eek: ... so am abit confused too hahaa ... i also reduce and try to minimize taking cold food and drinks.

CD21 now, 9 more days to my next cycle .... the wait is soooooo long!

welcome reaxys!

take your tonic soups before you O then. after you O, you can make your own longan red date tea with dang shen (throw all into a thermos flask, pour boiling water) and drink everyday. (or lesser if you are very prone to heatiness). avoid caffeine too. i drank a glass of fresh tomato juice when I was TTC-ing my #1 and got pregnant on the very first try (not counting the one before which i miscounted the dates). ginger tea helps too.

Do you have ECWM? that's important too.

And yes you have to know when do you usually ovulate in order to know your luteal phase. short luteal phase makes it hard for the egg to implant.

all the best!

welcome reaxys!

take your tonic soups before you O then. after you O, you can make your own longan red date tea with dang shen (throw all into a thermos flask, pour boiling water) and drink everyday. (or lesser if you are very prone to heatiness). avoid caffeine too. i drank a glass of fresh tomato juice when I was TTC-ing my #1 and got pregnant on the very first try (not counting the one before which i miscounted the dates). ginger tea helps too.

Do you have ECWM? that's important too.

And yes you have to know when do you usually ovulate in order to know your luteal phase. short luteal phase makes it hard for the egg to implant.

all the best!

i have ewcm on CD14 ... so we bd on CD14 and CD15 .. haha and also other random days :p
thnx for all the tips! i shall try hehhe ... maybe i'll start off with drinking more ginger tea
i love tomatoes, can eat it like munching apple haha ... do u drink the juice everyday? .. or?

haha i like the "also other random days" part. sometimes when one is TTC-ing, all the fun is BD disappears. good that you guys are still having fun!

So if you O on CD15 or CD16, your luteal phase is between 12 to 15 days, which is quite healthy. yay!

I think you can just eat it too. I juice them cos I can finish more tomatoes in a shorter time without feeling full haha.

hi all, this is my first post after being a silent reader for awhile. ;)

i have regular menses of 28-30 days and been ttc for about 6months after newly wed, with the idea of let nature takes its course ... sadly still no baby ... haha
i then randomly bought clearblue digital ovulation kit .. hoping to gauge my O day more accurately. but it fails on me very terribly, cos the results are very weird.
so will be getting more serious with ttc this month onwards.

went for a gynae checkup 2 weeks ago when my AF ended (during CD10) to make sure everything is alright ... still waiting for report ..
during the gynae consultation, she did a V-scan and said i have a nice uterus wall .. lol ..
she also mentioned that my ovaries are not enlarged at this stage so she can only tell me that day is not my O day, neither will it be the day b4 or the day after.
hai ... feel like i wasted the trip as i shld go during CD13 or 14 when its nearer my O day to see more things.
she didnt say anything much, apart from asking us to try during my fertile window of CD10-18 and gave me folic acid to eat daily

for my side, i will try to eat more dang gui here n there in my meals ... like those herbal chicken soup .... heard its good for women and the womb. but also heard that when pregnant if take dang gui will cause miscarriage! :eek: ... so am abit confused too hahaa ... i also reduce and try to minimize taking cold food and drinks.

CD21 now, 9 more days to my next cycle .... the wait is soooooo long!

Hello! Those who like bubble tea..share tea gt hot longan red date tea...i always order that and add bubbles...hehe...

You can also eat red bean soup to replenish blood and also black chicken soup.

Start monitoring ur ovulation from cd10 onwards..this way u will know roughly when u ovulate. Most common window is cd14 to cd 16. And also good that ur ultrascan shows no abnormality :)

Super sad.
On clomid this month when my AF finally came on CD55.
Went back for ultrasound scan on CD13 to check the follicles size, ended up my gynae failed me directly.

She told me "OK you're out, you won't get pregnant this month 'cuz the biggest size of your follicles only measured at 10mm."

Point #1: :(
I felt so upset, I mean, she could put it in a better way in telling me these right?
I asked her why, only then she explained to me that the normal size of the follicles should be at least (or around) 20mm on CD13 and mine is too small. She told me that I have to increase the dosage to 100mg next cycle, and prescribed me duphaston.

Point #2: :(
I asked her am I supposed to induce my menses by medication?
She said it is up to me, if it comes on its own then don't need to.
I wondered if she actually meant I should/could start the medication right after the consultation, since it takes 10-14 days for AF to arrive from dose 1 of the pill.
Then, I asked if it would actually cause my body to rely on medication in future to induce menses if I constantly taking the pills and not able to "produce menses" on its own, she stunned for 5 seconds and said "Err, now our purpose is to get you pregnant, doesn't matter lah..."

Point #3: :(
I mentioned metformin and sought for her advice on how it helps PCOs patients. She again, stunned for 5 seconds, and asked me how did I find out about this. I said I read it somewhere on the Internet when people sharing their experiences in ttc. She said "if you want, I can prescribe also and try." I meant, I was merely seeking for her advice? Does it mean she could/would just prescribe whatever medicine that "I want"? FYI ladies, metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels, usually used on people with type 2 diabetes. I do not have diabetes and my blood sugar level is perfectly fine! I then asked her whether I need that, she said "actually not really".

I was really disappointed and decided not to go back to her again.

Anyone has any good OB to recommend?

Tested positive on CB advance digital on CD20 but not on cheapie (been starting to test from CD8 onwards).
Very light spotting (that last for probably half a day or shorter) on CD25&26.

Today is CD26, while I was cleaning my room, I felt something's flowing out, went to toilet and it's bright red spotting with blood clots :(
I put a day use pad on and in 10 minutes time, I felt something's flowing out, again.
The "bleeding" lasted for about 1-2 hours and gone afterwards, filled half of the day use pad.

Urgh, I really damn sick about this - why the spotting!!

And I have been sick since Saturday :(

Super sad.
Went back for ultrasound scan on CD13 to check the follicles size, ended up my gynae failed me directly.

She told me "OK you're out, you won't get pregnant this month 'cuz the biggest size of your follicles only measured at 10mm."

I felt so upset, I mean, she could put it in a better way in telling me these right?
I asked her why, only then she explained to me that the normal size of the follicles should be at least (or around) 20mm on CD13 and mine is too small. She told me that I have to increase the dosage to 100mg next cycle, and prescribed me duphaston.

I wondered if she actually meant I should/could start the medication right after the consultation, since it takes 10-14 days for AF to arrive from dose 1 of the pill.
Then, I asked if it would actually cause my body to rely on medication in future to induce menses if I constantly taking the pills and not able to "produce menses" on its own, she stunned for 5 seconds and said "Err, now our purpose is to get you pregnant, doesn't matter lah..."

I mentioned metformin and sought for her advice on how it helps PCOs patients. She again, stunned for 5 seconds, and asked me how did I find out about this. I said I read it somewhere on the Internet when people sharing their experiences in ttc. She said "if you want, I can prescribe also and try." I meant, I was merely seeking for her advice? Does it mean she could/would just prescribe whatever medicine that "I want"? FYI ladies, metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels, usually used on people with type 2 diabetes. I do not have diabetes and my blood sugar level is perfectly fine! I then asked her whether I need that, she said "actually not really".

Hi, what is follicles

Super sad.

Hey.. I mentioned a few times on this thread before.. Do consider going to a hospital instead of a private gyn/ob for fertility treatments.

Undoubtedly there are good private ones around, but hospitals are more structured in their protocols.

I was with a pte one for abt a year..

And never did a single blood test with her. Not for pre treatment testing, not when I was on clomid, nor when I was on so iui.

First visit she diagnosed me with PCOS because I have clusters seen on u/s. She prescribed me metformin and I was on it for that whole year. It was when I finally took a blood test at NUH that I was told my insulin level was good and I should not be taking metformin at all.

When I was on clomid 50g for a few cycles, there was no tracking of follicles whatsoever. So until now no one knows if I reacted to it. At 100g I had 3 follicles.

No blood test so she didn't know my amh level. Mine is on the high side, and I ended up overreacting on the puregon she prescribed.

Everything happened cos I knew none the better. It was only when I started at hospital when I noticed the difference. I'm sure she's a good gynae cos of the reviews and she was recommended by a friend. But for fertility treatment, really cannot make it.

Super sad.

Go look for my gynae dr beh suan tiong at tmc and do a scan again..i dont like the way your gynae puts things across as diagnosing a proper pcos needs additional blood work also before giving the right treatment.

Tested positive on CB advance digital on CD20 but not on cheapie (been starting to test from CD8 onwards).
Very light spotting (that last for probably half a day or shorter) on CD25&26.

Today is CD26, while I was cleaning my room, I felt something's flowing out, went to toilet and it's bright red spotting with blood clots :(
I put a day use pad on and in 10 minutes time, I felt something's flowing out, again.
The "bleeding" lasted for about 1-2 hours and gone afterwards, filled half of the day use pad.

Urgh, I really damn sick about this - why the spotting!!

And I have been sick since Saturday :(
Maybe is implantatoon bleeding? Sounds too short for a AF..maybe you want to test again in 2 days time?

Hey.. I mentioned a few times on this thread before.. Do consider going to a hospital instead of a private gyn/ob for fertility treatments.

Undoubtedly there are good private ones around, but hospitals are more structured in their protocols.

I was with a pte one for abt a year..

And never did a single blood test with her. Not for pre treatment testing, not when I was on clomid, nor when I was on so iui.

First visit she diagnosed me with PCOS because I have clusters seen on u/s. She prescribed me metformin and I was on it for that whole year. It was when I finally took a blood test at NUH that I was told my insulin level was good and I should not be taking metformin at all.

When I was on clomid 50g for a few cycles, there was no tracking of follicles whatsoever. So until now no one knows if I reacted to it. At 100g I had 3 follicles.

No blood test so she didn't know my amh level. Mine is on the high side, and I ended up overreacting on the puregon she prescribed.

Everything happened cos I knew none the better. It was only when I started at hospital when I noticed the difference. I'm sure she's a good gynae cos of the reviews and she was recommended by a friend. But for fertility treatment, really cannot make it.

I thought it was always better to go for a private OB.
It was a women clinic under Parkway East near my house, and I went there for my irregular cycle last year June, thought she's okay then been sticking with her for our fertility treatment.

I was diagnosed with PCOs during my first visit via ultrasound scan. In fact she did not even notify me about this until I asked her on the third or forth visit. All she told me was, I am VERY fertile and there are a lot of follicles, all look pretty good. Then, I asked her about clomid, she said "Yeah, ok, we can try".

Now I think back, it's like, everything also initiated by me. She's never fed me with the essential information or my condition.

NUH might be challenging for me as I am staying at the East.
How about KKH?

Thanks though, babe, for your kind reminder. Really feel upset.

Go look for my gynae dr beh suan tiong at tmc and do a scan again..i dont like the way your gynae puts things across as diagnosing a proper pcos needs additional blood work also before giving the right treatment.

Yeah, no blood test for PCOs diagnosis.

She sent me to do the "Ammenorrhoeaa Profile" and sent my husband for SA.
When the result/report was sent back to the clinic, she did not even bother to see me to explain what is what. Only asked the nurse to get me to collect it and that's it. I got to bring the report back during the next visit to ask her then she explain a little, vaguely.

All she said, for both myself and husband was "OK lah, normal, don't worry".

I think we have spent about $2k with her to do 2 ultrasound scan, 1 pap smear, clomid x03, duphaston x03, multivitamin for my husband x02.

We don't mind spending on doctor who is really good or at least, professional, but this time round she really let me down :(

Maybe is implantatoon bleeding? Sounds too short for a AF..maybe you want to test again in 2 days time?

Couldn't be implantation I guess, there we blood clot :(
Moreover, my OB already said it is not possible to get pregnant this month.

I am not pinning any hope this cycle :(

Super sad.

if u have pcos , chances are that u have impaired glucose tolerance. metformin helps with that and when your glucose tolerance improves , u may start ovulating normally again!
and yes I think to a certain extent, whether or not u want to get preggie fast will determine the course of action. If u are willing to wait then it's ok to just leave it for the moment. else , u xan take clomid +metfor min for a start

if u have pcos , chances are that u have impaired glucose tolerance. metformin helps with that and when your glucose tolerance improves , u may start ovulating normally again!
and yes I think to a certain extent, whether or not u want to get preggie fast will determine the course of action. If u are willing to wait then it's ok to just leave it for the moment. else , u xan take clomid +metfor min for a start

Yes I know how metformin works but the fact is that I do not need that based on my body condition, and my OB also said that to me after I reconfirmed with her. Not all PCOs patients need metformin though. She also told me that the side effect could be quite severe if it's prescribed to someone who's not supposed to take it.

She's not communicated with me on how are we gonna work together on this ttc journey, I have been quite passive in receiving the treatment.

deariejojo
I am seeing Dr Su but not on a frequent basis because she is too far from me and I am juggling #1 .
But she is good, patient and knowledgeable. However, She might ask you to stop breastfeeding.
I didn't listen to her on stopping breastfeeding so I am currently same as you, still breastfeeding my #1 (going to 2 yo)
How old is your #1?

my gal is coming 17mths. She advised to stop bf if want to conceive? Hard decision. How long have you been seeing her? is your menses regular? wonder how soon can I get preg if continue to bf.

Nope, don't have to take blood test to determine PCOS.. But like for my case, there's no need for metformin because my glucose tolerance is normal/insulin levels are normal. It's not the cause of my PCOS.

I think as doctors they should have done necessary tests before prescribing us medicine.

Nope, don't have to take blood test to determine PCOS.. But like for my case, there's no need for metformin because my glucose tolerance is normal/insulin levels are normal. It's not the cause of my PCOS.

I think as doctors they should have done necessary tests before prescribing us medicine.
impaired glucose tolerance doesn't cause pcos iirc.
but I am envious of u ... i got to know of my impaired glucose tolerance only 3 mths after giving birth when I did my repeat ogtt. wasn't entirely surprised but that may have been the reason why I put on weight very easily before I got pregnant. thankfully though it seems that with the pregNancy and breastfeeding , i lost almost all the weight I gained over the past few years. its almost like the computef system being rebooted

Speak with your doctors on how they gave you the conclusion for PCOS. Like for my case. i have 2 different diagnosis from 2 different gynae. My first gynae said that i was polycystic just with an ultrascan. My 2nd gynae said that i was fine.

I went for a 2nd opinion because I don't see that i have other PCOS symptoms, also the way your gynae scan you at different timing of your cycle may project different activities in your ovaries hence for some cases, the gynae will monitor your situation or run more tests to provide a more conclusive treatment/approach.

For my first gynae, when I ask him any treatment for my PCOS. He said "oh, no treatment needed. This will go away with menopause. When you want to get preggy, just come see me again, I can jab you with hormones."

This spells that he only want to earn my money rather that running further tests for more conclusion. Some other mothers also had mis-diagnosis from this forum and was given clomid unecessary.

IMO, you gynae should be able to explain to you how they reach the diagnosis, what are the treatment approaches, the outcome versus risk and benefit. If your gynae just choppy choppy say a few words to entertain you. Then don't bother going back.

my gal is coming 17mths. She advised to stop bf if want to conceive? Hard decision. How long have you been seeing her? is your menses regular? wonder how soon can I get preg if continue to bf.

i have been seeing her way before I had my #1 because I had a miscarriage before (seeing her for coming to 3 years), and her medicine nursed my health back to normal. Yes, she advised to stop bf if i want to conceive however, i read many successful cases of mummies conceiving during breastfeeding so I thought of giving it a try

i have been seeing her way before I had my #1 because I had a miscarriage before (seeing her for coming to 3 years), and her medicine nursed my health back to normal. Yes, she advised to stop bf i want to conceive however, i read many successful cases of mummies conceiving during breastfeeding so I thought of giving it a try
it's possible but the chance of it is lower I think.
and it is possible that your supply rapidly drops when you get pregnant

it's possible but the chance of it is lower I think.
and it is possible that your supply rapidly drops when you get pregnant

ya i fear so too... as in chances is lower... i have not started trying so i dunno but i am going to stop pumping soon and only do latching.... i have friends whose supply dry up when they are pregnant... so their kids are just dry nursing for comfort

Speak with your doctors on how they gave you the conclusion for PCOS. Like for my case. i have 2 different diagnosis from 2 different gynae. My first gynae said that i was polycystic just with an ultrascan. My 2nd gynae said that i was fine.

I went for a 2nd opinion because I don't see that i have other PCOS symptoms, also the way your gynae scan you at different timing of your cycle may project different activities in your ovaries hence for some cases, the gynae will monitor your situation or run more tests to provide a more conclusive treatment/approach.

For my first gynae, when I ask him any treatment for my PCOS. He said "oh, no treatment needed. This will go away with menopause. When you want to get preggy, just come see me again, I can jab you with hormones."

This spells that he only want to earn my money rather that running further tests for more conclusion. Some other mothers also had mis-diagnosis from this forum and was given clomid unecessary.

IMO, you gynae should be able to explain to you how they reach the diagnosis, what are the treatment approaches, the outcome versus risk and benefit. If your gynae just choppy choppy say a few words to entertain you. Then don't bother going back.
from the UK NHS site I shared last night, you'd be diagnosed as having pcos if u meet 2 of the criteria. do u have irregular periods?

anyway that said I believe there is a spectrum amongst pcos sufferers. the very bad ones are obese, have hirsutism etc. whereas the not so bad ones may not display hirsutism, severe acne yada yada and may be very lean even! I know of someone who really doesn't come across as being a typical pcos sufferer cos she is rly rly pint sized

Back