Slow growing foetus at 9 weeks

Missypenguin

Hi mummies and mums to be, I'm currently at my 9th week but when I went for scan, gynae said my baby is not growing too much and there's no heartbeat. So it's probably a miscarriage. I was devastated and went to seek a second opinion. This time I went KKH and the doc ask me to wait for 2 more weeks before they determine if my baby is gone. This is my first baby and I'm very new at this. Anyone who had a similar experience that can share with me? I did not experience cramp or bleeding at all. At my 6th week, my scan was normal.

I lost my baby at week 9 previously. The first scan at week 6, everything was fine. When I went for the 2nd appt at week 9, doctor discovered that baby was gone.. no growth. D&C arranged for a few days later since my scan was on Friday.
On the morning of my D&C, I told my mum and she insisted that I should go for 2nd opinion. So i went to another gynae for scan. Doctor confirmed that the foetus shrank..
So i went for the day surgery in the afternoon.

Nope. No symptoms at all. Was only thru the scan that we came to know. Doctor was also surprised. She said it was nature's way of getting rid of an unhealthy pregnancy.

Nope. No symptoms at all. Was only thru the scan that we came to know. Doctor was also surprised. She said it was nature's way of getting rid of an unhealthy pregnancy.

Thanks for sharing. I guess if it really happened it can't be helped.

But did you conceive again later part?

I had 2 healthy babies before that. My first pregnancy was really smooth, I went Vietnam with my family when I was at 4 months...and did climbing, helping with my mum's luggage etc.. my family members were unaware of my pregnancy then. Then to NZ for my long overdue honeymoon when I was at 7months.
My 2nd pregnancy, I had fresh blood bleeding and spotting until week 12/13. It was really scary then but the baby survived.
My 3rd pregnancy was unplanned and was lost at week 9... I would loved to have a third baby but my hubby did not, so we stopped at 2 after the miscarriage. Doctor said we could wait for a natural miscarriage or go thru d&c. But because it was already 9weeks, doctor's advice was best to do a D&c because of its size.

Well, I hope the best for you.. Take care and don't lose hope!

I had 2 healthy babies before that. My first pregnancy was really smooth, I went Vietnam with my family when I was at 4 months...and did climbing, helping with my mum's luggage etc.. my family members were unaware of my pregnancy then. Then to NZ for my long overdue honeymoon when I was at 7months.
My 2nd pregnancy, I had fresh blood bleeding and spotting until week 12/13. It was really scary then but the baby survived.
My 3rd pregnancy was unplanned and was lost at week 9... I would loved to have a third baby but my hubby did not, so we stopped at 2 after the miscarriage. Doctor said we could wait for a natural miscarriage or go thru d&c. But because it was already 9weeks, doctor's advice was best to do a D&c because of its size.

Well, I hope the best for you.. Take care and don't lose hope!

Thanks so much for your advise. I'll try to stay positive and hopefully will be able to update you with good news later on. :)

Back