Will i still get my leave/benefits.

Yilingt

Hi everyone.

As my co. is closing down end of next month, and im currently at my 5th month pregnancy,
can i still claim my maternity leave? as i've been working for close to 2years in 1-2months time.
it is a private company, he do have 2 other outlets he is in-charge of but its under different company name although. And do i consider it as retrenchment/dismissal employee that will have benefits too?

err..if the company close down, means no more company which no more jobs, and you do not need to go to work then how to claim maternity leave *confused*
if retrenchment, there's should be retrenchment package.. i'm not sure for SME, but MNC normally pays 0.5months to 1months per year which you have worked with the company.

It is unlikely that you will receive paid maternity leave, as at that moment the company is no longer your employer.
however, if the company is closing down, you should be compensated accordingly.
Maybe you can ask if you can be transferred to other outlets ?

Otherwise, try speaking to MOM or WDA for some assistance in securing a compensation / job.

Very unlikely u can get the maternity benefits from your company since your company is going to close down, by that time u pop u are not employed by them anyway. Should be very pleased if they can give you retrenchment package, u know some company is simply lousy....

I think u can try to apply the benefit through the gov scheme if u do not receive any maternity benefit at all and you satifisied all the requirements.
http://heybaby.sg/worklife/benefits_shorter_term_workers.html

Im not really sure whether im considered as retrenched tho.
but i just checked with MOM, the staff mentioned that no matter company closed down, if im being dismissed or retrenched, i will still get my maternity benefits.
problem is my boss called yesterday and told me that he too checked with MOM that he does not need to pay me any maternity benefits.

Im kinda confused. probably i should wait till end of june and see what i can get.
i've checked above links you guys provided, thanks alot, i appreciate it.

I think you should sort everthing up with your boss before the company closed down. In case, he MIA.

If you fulfil the criterias of the below act, he must pay you the maternity benefits

Child Development Co-Savings Act.

If the notice letter mentioned "Cease of Operation", is it still considered as retrenchment?
When i asked him am i retrenched, he said no,
dismissed, he said no.

I think regardless it is retrenchment, dismissed or whatever terminlogy it does not matters.

The Act will cover you.

Hi

Call MOM and fixed an apt to discuss this matter with them so they can raise this issue with your boss b4 company closed. Since company is closing down, you will be considered either dismissed or retrench, thus should be protected by the enhanced maternity protection act.

Act first as your boss can MIA or ignore MOM and it can drag on for quite sometime till you have no time to pursue it if your baby is born.

Back