(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@happycsk i think ur milk stuck at ur areola area. I aso now liddat.. Esp underarms damn pain, 5days still not cleared.
I think u shld visit LC or get ML to help u release the milk leh...

@Purplehunny , close 2 eyes n endure, it b over before u know it.. At least get it cleared before u can even consider to stop pumping/bf. dun wan the blockage to cause fever etc..

Mummies using spectra, is it ok to only use the massage mode? If i use the expression & massage mode combine, my yield is lesser. Jus purely massage mode get more milk leh.

I use massage mode only :)

Hmmmm is the clinic u girls talk about at level 6 (tucked all the way at a corner, right turn from elevator?). The clinic i went to has two pd. One is dr liew (male) and one is a chinese lady i think. Hmmmm. Haha. I heard tiong bahru has a good pd by the name of dr adrian i think. My nephew used to see him often due to ezcema..

Ok i googled. Apparently theres two sbcc branches at gleneagles. The one u girls go to shld be at level 9 whilst mine is at level 6. Not sure whats the difference in services though haha

Yah mine is lvl 9 de haha! Didnt realised got 2 sbcc?? Mayb cos previously e sbcc clinic was a bigger one on another lvl, but later they had to shift so split up locations btwn e pds. I guess wan ah…

My freestyle also cant yield much, motor v weak which means the suction slow. Sigh. Tat y i bought a S9+ spectra. So far so gd, only thing is no handsfree. I tried to pump one side with spectra theother freestyle, difference 20-50ml more for spectra. I also considered freemie, but like quite ex .. Add on the cost total ard $300, so like not really worth leh. Maybe will get a handsfree bra to try. But overall spectra suction is quite gd
I also hated my freestyle. So ex but didn't perform to expectations. Motor is noisy n when I use double pump, one side will be weaker. My friend just passed me her Avent, gg to try later. I almost contemplating getting a hospital grade pump. The Kkh one I loan was pretty good n yield much more milk. Anyone here bought a hospital grade pump before?

Spectra has a range of hospital grade pump, which i ALMOST buy, hearing all the good reviews.. But not portable so i didnt get... Maybe u can consider since now its the 'IN' brand. Hehe.

I heard they have a service ctr for spectra in hougang?? Is it true?

Lol, ur boi scare the sun away!
The weather nowadays really not very good towards helping the jaundiced babies hor. . I remember my girl also no fate with the sun.. so we had to try alternative ways such as giving fm (which I really didn't want to.. but finally succumb to cos Mr Sun was hiding!) and bathing with a Chinese herb called "ng kee".. poor baby was pricked 6x in 3 weeks of her life!
LO will be having her 1 mth review with the assigned PD tmrw. . Looking fwd to hearing what the PD has to say abt her progress. . But I might also switch PD to the same one that my #1 has (Dr Lim KH from Kinder Mt A). Feel that the assigned PD is very kiasu & kiasi, and not very reassuring. The things she say will make me worried kind and don't think I will want such a PD but I'll still go to her tmrw since she saw baby from birth. Once cleared the 1 mth check.. I will go to Dr Lim moving forth..

As for my daily pumps.. I'm trying to cut down from 4x to 3x a day.. cos thot even if I freeze the milk now. . It would have expired by the time I go back work in 1st week of Sep. Hopefully by doing so.. my supply won't drop so much.. (*fingers crossed*) and I'll still be able to tbf my girl for as long as possible. I'm using Spectra S1 and find it quite good. I bought 2 handsfree pumping bras but am so not used to using them.. so guess they will be white elephants bah. . Waste money. . Zzz

Just wanna say thanks to u ladies for all the sharing in this forum.. u all have been my companion everytime I wake up for bf-ing and pumping in the wee hours! I don't respond as much cos I find it difficult to keep up with the fast changing topics.. haha..

Take care everyone and hope we all have an enjoyable motherhood experience! Cheers! :)

@sweetness how do u find dr LKH for Mt alvernia? I m currently with him but he is very busy and each consultation seem to be in a rush.
Hi @gleaflim, I like him bcos he is reassuring.. like everything also not a big deal.. so at least seeing him will make me worry lesser abt the child.. haha.. now that u brought it up.. It might be bcos he's too busy to really get into the details.. lol.. but guess the point is how comfortable the child and us parents feel with the doc. We are comfortable with him so that's why we would prefer to go back to him for this 2nd child. The assigned PD for my 2nd child.. I find that the things she says make me worry a lot.. and of cos I don't like it lor..

Can I give breast milk to bb after drinking alcohol double boiled with chicken?
Hi @happy08, u can since the alcohol is cooked and would have already lost the 'potency'.. anyway, the rule is as long as u don't feel drunk/intoxicated, a little alcohol consumed is still ok to continue bf-ing. :) looks like I can soon have my much missed beer! Haha!

Spectra has a range of hospital grade pump, which i ALMOST buy, hearing all the good reviews.. But not portable so i didnt get... Maybe u can consider since now its the 'IN' brand. Hehe.

I heard they have a service ctr for spectra in hougang?? Is it true?
I think it's at Boon Lay. But confirm there's a local one.

Hi @happy08, u can since the alcohol is cooked and would have already lost the 'potency'.. anyway, the rule is as long as u don't feel drunk/intoxicated, a little alcohol consumed is still ok to continue bf-ing. :) looks like I can soon have my much missed beer! Haha!
I miss my beer too! There r still got some beers in my fridge since August last year (when I found out I was pregnant, I stopped all beer and coffee). Time flies, ten months time passed by so fast...

Ok I have tried Avent comfort dual electric breast pump. In comparison with medela freestyle, less noisy, more comfortable as it comes with cushion breast shields n helps alot when u already have cracked nipples. Suction is also better n not as painful. I yield at least 20ml more as compared to freestyle. The only issue I have is unlike freestyle, it is not handsfree so I have to keep holding the cups. But I guess I can live with that. Straight after using this, I packed my freestyle back inside the box.

I also hated my freestyle. So ex but didn't perform to expectations. Motor is noisy n when I use double pump, one side will be weaker. My friend just passed me her Avent, gg to try later. I almost contemplating getting a hospital grade pump. The Kkh one I loan was pretty good n yield much more milk. Anyone here bought a hospital grade pump before?
I bought a unimom forte, said to be a hospital grade pump. Quite good..not noisy and power. And I believe that nipples get toughen up by bb endless sucking. now using higher power of pumping and not feel pain. And bb suckle doesn't bother me anymore. used to shiver when I hear bb crying or having hunger cues...thinking abt the pain that bb gave when first started breastfeeding.

Hi @gleaflim, I like him bcos he is reassuring.. like everything also not a big deal.. so at least seeing him will make me worry lesser abt the child.. haha.. now that u brought it up.. It might be bcos he's too busy to really get into the details.. lol.. but guess the point is how comfortable the child and us parents feel with the doc. We are comfortable with him so that's why we would prefer to go back to him for this 2nd child. The assigned PD for my 2nd child.. I find that the things she says make me worry a lot.. and of cos I don't like it lor..

You are right! I don't like those doc that make me worry a lot. It will make me very anxious especially bring a FTM. I will try to stick to him for a while more and see if I will get to like his style. Thank you for sharing!

Ok I have tried Avent comfort dual electric breast pump. In comparison with medela freestyle, less noisy, more comfortable as it comes with cushion breast shields n helps alot when u already have cracked nipples. Suction is also better n not as painful. I yield at least 20ml more as compared to freestyle. The only issue I have is unlike freestyle, it is not handsfree so I have to keep holding the cups. But I guess I can live with that. Straight after using this, I packed my freestyle back inside the box.
Have u tried spectra before? Wonder how Avent compare with Spectra M1..

I bought a unimom forte, said to be a hospital grade pump. Quite good..not noisy and power. And I believe that nipples get toughen up by bb endless sucking. now using higher power of pumping and not feel pain. And bb suckle doesn't bother me anymore. used to shiver when I hear bb crying or having hunger cues...thinking abt the pain that bb gave when first started breastfeeding.

Yeah u r right, nipples will get toughened up after months of abuse. Im still going thru e toughening process. Sianz. Put back bra after latching / pumping is sheer torture :/

I bought unimom forte as well after using the manual pump for a month. After abt 3 tries with forte, I decided to go back to manual as manual yields more and faster compared to the electric forte. Even at the maximum, I find it too slow and I got bored. Took me half hour to empty one breast while manual pump took me abt 15mins.

I dont have 15mins to spare in the middle of the night to keep on pumping. .. I rather be sleeping.

My husband been nagging as I am not using the electric pump. He said, "buy alrdy still dont wanna use!"

Hehhehe.... lucky its not that expensive compared to other pumps.

I bought unimom forte as well after using the manual pump for a month. After abt 3 tries with forte, I decided to go back to manual as manual yields more and faster compared to the electric forte. Even at the maximum, I find it too slow and I got bored. Took me half hour to empty one breast while manual pump took me abt 15mins.

I dont have 15mins to spare in the middle of the night to keep on pumping. .. I rather be sleeping.

My husband been nagging as I am not using the electric pump. He said, "buy alrdy still dont wanna use!"

Hehhehe.... lucky its not that expensive compared to other pumps.
@nazriah... actually.. when initial stage I had difficulty with yielding any more than 30ml, I too switch to the manual kit that unimom forte provided. It gave more power and faster pump (as I try manual pump fast) to hit a max of 60ml. but now as more seasoned and nipples got toughen up, the manual doesn't work as miracle on me anymore so switch back to electric pump and it works cos I turn up the dial power. So, its different stages and phase for me.. haha

May I know what diapers brand u all using and where to get good deal? Currently I am using Japanese brand GOON, so far so good, juat wonder if any better deal else where..

@happycsk , did they provide cabbage fr u?hehe.. Gt a friend went there n LC gave her a bag of cold cabbage, which i tink was kind of them..

Haha so nice of them. I didn't get any leh. So sian still very engorged with swollen tissues today. I kept reminding myself to tahan and rem the LC say once this phase is over in 2-3 days, milk should come in. Yesterday sleep also painful.

May I know what diapers brand u all using and where to get good deal? Currently I am using Japanese brand GOON, so far so good, juat wonder if any better deal else where..

I'm using moony and also got foc mamy poko fr one of the free bags from hospital. CL says mamy poko is the best she has used and baby bottom won't be red or irritated. She also said Huggies is lousy, makes baby bottom red red and not airy. I think Japanese brands in general are superior in their make, even in diapers. I've seen my baby's bottom in huggies, poor bottom turn red red.

Any mummies got "modify" the flange from spectra? Yday I was at parentcraft, they used their medela symphony machine on me and the flange fit is 27mm. Surprisingly it's more comfortable than the default spectra ones. The medela ones have a "rounded" fit to it in the flange and i wonder if it will fit spectra.

@happycsk , the parentcraft sells that flange le.. I also tried on. V comfy hor... But i nv buy, i think $30+ for a pair.

So far my LO use huggies quite alright. My #2 got sensitive butt, only can wear pampers. I heard MAMYPOKO buy from batam v cheap, yet to go n stock up... My storeroom still full of pampers from cold storage sale :(
Very odd, my #1 uses petpet (one of the cheapest), she so lucky no rash.. All kods butt really different!
The cheapest GOON i bought before was at expo sale..
Anyway, do note that diapers got expiry date wor...

@happycsk , the parentcraft sells that flange le.. I also tried on. V comfy hor... But i nv buy, i think $30+ for a pair.

So far my LO use huggies quite alright. My #2 got sensitive butt, only can wear pampers. I heard MAMYPOKO buy from batam v cheap, yet to go n stock up... My storeroom still full of pampers from cold storage sale :(
Anyway, do note that diapers got expiry date wor...

Ohh! I didn't know diapers got expiry date. Thanks for highlighting!

Would u happen to know if the medela flange can fit spectra?

I dun tink so... But maybe can jus call up to check? I only know the LC sold to a mama who used medela..

Sometimes after milk, I put my baby down to sleep and I go away to do some chores. Then I heard baby cough and I go and check on my baby and he is spitting milk while lying down. What should we do then? Do we need to put him lying side way or sit him up? Sometimes he can cough quite loud.

Sometimes is saliver, den they will choke aso. I put sideway n bolster so anything bb wont get choke..
My bb turned purple couple of times too. But i think carry up straight when they cough works better for me.

Thinking abt it.. my bb seems impatient when latching on my breast.. sometimes she sucks but sometimes she turns my breast away.. i m using avent and medela bottle but she can suck medela teats better without any leakage.. but I think she is having nipple confusion thats why turn me away at times :(
Hi I tried the pigeon peristaltic nipple. Think it is quite good, does not lead to confusion btw breast and bottle. If it helps u.

Sometimes is saliver, den they will choke aso. I put sideway n bolster so anything bb wont get choke..
My bb turned purple couple of times too. But i think carry up straight when they cough works better for me.

Now whenever I m doing housework, I will keep going back to the room to check on my baby. When I bath or go toilet I also try to make it fast. Only me n baby alone in the house. For FTM, lots of things to learn. When my confinement lady with me, she said is ok dun need to be so panic. But for me, I think carry him straight is better.

Now whenever I m doing housework, I will keep going back to the room to check on my baby. When I bath or go toilet I also try to make it fast. Only me n baby alone in the house. For FTM, lots of things to learn. When my confinement lady with me, she said is ok dun need to be so panic. But for me, I think carry him straight is better.

For me i aso v gan chiong, cos this LO scare me the most...soooo many times get choke for no apparent reason. Lol. Yeah i aso think u panic abit is safer too.. Go toilet no longer like before can tk sweet time to scrub hor... Lol.

@Skivewalker , better stick to avent, dont spend more money on pumps!! Can be 'addictive' hahaha.

What's he diff between desitin blue and purple color? Anyone using Bepanthen?
I read that purple is for normal (everyday) usage. Blue is creamier and meant for when rash has developed. Correct me if I'm wrong? But my CL just use the blue one everyday. So far ok.

Hi I tried the pigeon peristaltic nipple. Think it is quite good, does not lead to confusion btw breast and bottle. If it helps u.

My baby likes the pigeon peristaltic nipple most. Dont like avent anymore. But sometimes I'll just make her drink from avent bottle. Dont want her to be dependent on just one type of bottle.

But pigeon's really the closest to our nipples

I read that purple is for normal (everyday) usage. Blue is creamier and meant for when rash has developed. Correct me if I'm wrong? But my CL just use the blue one everyday. So far ok.

Purple is not as 'strong' as blue aso. But i aso use the blue one everyday as prevention..

PD says if baby have reflux after milk feed, can try put baby on somewhere slightly elevated, e.g roll a towel under the mattress where baby lies in, it will help with the reflux, sometimes it just occurs coz baby drink full and lie too flat on bed.

I think I have the heavy bleeding abt a wk after the 1st episode... Yup, dr Tham says after my review that is likely to be blood clots and not part of placenta. I just have the post natal massage as usual.

I just had my scan with dr tham ytd and he said its likely blood clots also. I will continue with my post natal massage. Just wondering if you visited him again for review? Are u blood clots gone already? Im wondering if it really dont go away, will there be any side effects. Can we just ignore it? Just having silly thoughts like whether we will still get pregnant again if uterus never contract properly etc..

Baby jaundice is back at 10.8.. doc asked if we wanna rent the phototherapy machine or continue sunbath method

Apparently we have been doing it wrong. 5 mins is not enough at all according to PD. Must sunbath 30 mins (include front and back) and must strip naked including mittens and roll down diaper abit.

Sigh really hope baby can be cleared of jaundice soon

I agree too. Most threads become white elephants wen they migrate to fb.... Emmm

Actually e may fb page is more quiet then e forum here. Maybe most are experienced moms liao so dun hv so many queries. But why i still hv so many questions?? Haha!

Back