When to book my first gynae appointment?

Seramom

I just confirmed my pregnancy 2 weeks ago . First time mum so I'm confused and need guidance when I should book my first gynae appointment?
I think I'm three to four weeks now counting the dates.

Please help~~:)

Congrats!! I suggest that you can start to book an appointment with your gynae so that you can keep track of your baby growth and ensure baby is growing healthy every month :)

Congrats!! I suggest that you can start to book an appointment with your gynae so that you can keep track of your baby growth and ensure baby is growing healthy every month :)
Is it better if I book gynae direct through the hospital or clinic.

I'm thinking of giving birth at govt hospital or mount A but I'm not sure of the packages :)

Congrats on your pregnancy! i guess you should seek recommendations for your gynae first. There are many chats in the forum which addresses your concerns regarding hospital and gynae packages

Is it better if I book gynae direct through the hospital or clinic.

I'm thinking of giving birth at govt hospital or mount A but I'm not sure of the packages :)

I guess this is your own preference when it comes to decide for booking through hospital or clinic. Personally, i will book through a private clinic even though it will be more pricey so that i do not need to wait for long and by having a so called "personal doctor" to update you clearly of the baby health and growth, what to take note during my pregnancy.

Are you referring to Mount Alvernia? If i am not wrong, Mount Alvernia hospital is a private hospital. Government hospital will be cheaper due to the subsidiaries whereas private hospital will be more ex. You can check with your gynae or give the hospital a call before deciding :)

I guess this is your own preference when it comes to decide for booking through hospital or clinic. Personally, i will book through a private clinic even though it will be more pricey so that i do not need to wait for long and by having a so called "personal doctor" to update you clearly of the baby health and growth, what to take note during my pregnancy.

Are you referring to Mount Alvernia? If i am not wrong, Mount Alvernia hospital is a private hospital. Government hospital will be cheaper due to the subsidiaries whereas private hospital will be more ex. You can check with your gynae or give the hospital a call before deciding :)
Is it necessary to book a gynae who help you to give birth?
I'm actually looking at NUH packages when labour but maybe I will go to Dr Tho first for my pregnancy checkups.

will it be alright for that?NUH seems quite discreet on their gynae reviews so I'm confused who I should go to

Is it necessary to book a gynae who help you to give birth?
I'm actually looking at NUH packages when labour but maybe I will go to Dr Tho first for my pregnancy checkups.

will it be alright for that?NUH seems quite discreet on their gynae reviews so I'm confused who I should go to

I will prefer to do that to book a gynae who i can put trust on to help me deliver :) Yes of course, do whatever you feel comfortable. Or you can opt for water-birth at NUH? I heard that water-birth helps to ease the pain / easier to give birth. Not too sure as i didn't try the water-birth but reviews from my friends were good. As for their gynae reviews, i will prefer KK hospital or Mount Alvernia which are more popular among mummies.

my frens taught me to go to polyclinic to get referral to govt hospital for the first 3 months.. this way u get subsidise for all the scans n visit during this period. it will be cheaper than per visit to clinics but off course time spent might be longer.. 4th month onwards u can choose ur prefered gynae whr usually there is a package sign which included every visit from than on.. couple of my frens did tat and eventually some choose to giv birth in pte while some remain in govt but turn as their private patients with fixed gynae..

Back