(2014) ivf mummies support group

actually i feel breast milk canot warm in milk warmer.. the temp is too hot even set to low.. if u need to warm, i jus pour hot water from air pot into the warmer..

iwahb-as long as the poo is not 2freq i think it's ok.. pro-biotics do make bowel movement more frequent.. it helps to balance the bacteria in stomach...

Sometimes I really doesn't want to bother but when u stay with your parents they start saying see every diaper change there is poo, must be something u feed wrongly, when babies cough, don't anyhow give babies eat this that cold etc, must drink water give water etc. the breastmilk warm hotter (Keep telling them too hot will kill all the goodness) and they just can't accept keep wanting to heat to their desire temp.

Haha can totally understand that just observe ba. Listen in n out easier for u

ya joy I think so too but no choice the grandma doesn't believe in cold milk lol. sometimes even in warmer I take out she touch the bottle still say cold. but then I feel I cant control too much also cause go ifc they also use warmer. so I try my best to give as just nice milk at home. go out safest cause I warm using hot water from flask but then again I only bring them out weekend. yes I been giving 5drops of gia prebotics. anyone using that?

ladies check with you all who started cooking porridge. you all so far use slow cooker? then the meat you all also got mash into porridge and feed? or only porridge you all feed. as for vegetables how you all prepare? cause they eat so little now that if I don't blend the veg and freeze for next day use very wasteful. I think mine can last one whole week.

ya joy I think so too but no choice the grandma doesn't believe in cold milk lol. sometimes even in warmer I take out she touch the bottle still say cold. but then I feel I cant control too much also cause go ifc they also use warmer. so I try my best to give as just nice milk at home. go out safest cause I warm using hot water from flask but then again I only bring them out weekend. yes I been giving 5drops of gia prebotics. anyone using that?

ladies check with you all who started cooking porridge. you all so far use slow cooker? then the meat you all also got mash into porridge and feed? or only porridge you all feed. as for vegetables how you all prepare? cause they eat so little now that if I don't blend the veg and freeze for next day use very wasteful. I think mine can last one whole week.

Used to use slow cooker but now I use those normal pot n cook. I used mince meat then add into the porridge together wif the spinach. if I use spinach I also can use for very long time then the leftover I cook n eat myself haha

i gave gia probiotics b4 when baby had diarrhoea aft rotarvirus.. take lik 5 days for the laosai 2stop...

we buy é philip steamer n blender.. é cap lik so difficult 2open.. hope it gets season soon...

So far I have fed my girl these:
- moon rabbit si shen brown rice powder with ginseng & ikan bilis
- nestle rice cereal
- apple purée
- papaya purée
- avocado purée
- banana purée
- pumpkin purée
- banana + avocado purée

So far I only feed her solids once a day. About 3 tablespoons volume. She can finish everything. But I think she can eat more than 3 tablespoons volume. However, for a start, I wanna keep things small in case of allergy and bloating. I only introduce single food to her now because I wanna let her try the taste of that food without mixing with another food so she knows how that particular food tastes like. When she turns 7 months old, I'll mix foods that she has tried as single food as I have eliminated any food allergy and also to feed her twice a day. One will be to introduce new food and one will be food that she has tried before.

I start off mainly with fruits then I'll move to vegetables then meat.

My mum taught me how to cook porridge with threadfin. She said put the whole piece of fish in to cook with porridge then mash the fish after it's cooked to look out for fish bones because there are some fish bones that are so tiny that we might overlook.

I'm still giving Biogaia probiotics 5 drops once everyday and Nutroplex multivitamins syrup 0.2 ml once every night to my girl.

Joy, you just gotta push a bit harder to the side to open the lid.

Iwahb, I use Avent bottle warmer to warm up BM. What I do usually is turn the knob to the half bottle sign in the picture for about 3 minutes without any bottle in it. Let the water heat up first before I put the bottle in. After I put in the bottle, I'll stir the BM on and off to have an even heating up for about 1 minute. Then I'll test the temperature. If she can't finish the milk at one go, I'll turn the knob to about 10-11 o'clock direction. At this, the temperature is actually slightly warm only but you have to wait for the temperature to cool to that temperature from the half bottle sign. Then I'll put the bottle in to keep the BM slightly warm. By the way, I'm using Nuk glass bottle so it warms up very fast unlike plastic bottle. I prefer glass bottle.
ImageUploadedByForum1433232662.198589.jpg

My probiotics is VSL brand.
Lynn, her PD prescribed her VSL probiotics. After we finished that, we bought Biogaia. Biogaia is better because it's not as messy as VSL. After a while, VSL will crystallise and VSL uses a dropper. Biogaia is very simple. Just open the cap and "drop" directly from the bottle instead of using the dropper.

Biogaia probiotics can be purchased from Unity Pharmacy. It costs $45 for a 5 ml bottle. Biogaia is kept directly in the fridge at the pharmacy unlike VSL, which there is a sachet to pour into the liquid bottle. So if wanna buy Biogaia, need to bring ice packs and insulated container to keep cold before reaching home.

i giving my twins lactogg probiotics.. half capsule each daily.. powder form.. just pour it directly into their mouth from the capsule.. smell like horlicks to me..

Last edited:
Ya biogaia is the one I using lol. Short form gia. Actually I find it very costly. I don't know if it's good but so far been giving almost daily. Now my elder keep pooing till her buttocks red and when change diaper she cry like mad. I think poo till backside pain and when wet wipes wipe maybe more pain cry even harder. So poor thing don't know how to help. Also don't know why keep pooing.

Ya biogaia is the one I using lol. Short form gia. Actually I find it very costly. I don't know if it's good but so far been giving almost daily. Now my elder keep pooing till her buttocks red and when change diaper she cry like mad. I think poo till backside pain and when wet wipes wipe maybe more pain cry even harder. So poor thing don't know how to help. Also don't know why keep pooing.

Why must give the biogaia? Maybe u give too much? That's why keep pooing? Once they start solid food their poo is like once a day only.

Pls continue ur daily biogaia for the bbies. But do check on their diet, cld b something tt u hv given doesn't suit them. And stop using wet wipe to clean them after poo..use water to wash n air dry (if possible)

Fr a 2010 IVF mummy

I actually uses wet wipes all the way oops.

I also don't know why must give biogaia. just see like a lot say probotics is good so I just buy and try but now I don't know isit due to this they keep pooing or what. they practically shit every 2hrs (abit abit) not smelly thou.

I actually uses wet wipes all the way oops.

I also don't know why must give biogaia. just see like a lot say probotics is good so I just buy and try but now I don't know isit due to this they keep pooing or what. they practically shit every 2hrs (abit abit) not smelly thou.

Every 2 hours is abit too abnormal liao le. u might want to stop n observe see whether if it improves? Is yes probably they can't take the biogaia. Nw most important is to let ur bb butt rest if not they in pain keep crying also Jia lat

ya too many ?? but ifc been giving porridge and cereals. I started giving pork porridge with carrot but I don't think they sensitive to pork right. shall monitor.

ya too many ?? but ifc been giving porridge and cereals. I started giving pork porridge with carrot but I don't think they sensitive to pork right. shall monitor.

My boy on solid food his poo is like once a day only, sometimes twice or thrice a day. Urs every 2 hours is like abit weird wor. I suggest u stop the biogaia n observe first

Biogaia is a daily probiotics supplement which protect our digestive system.. Will b gd for ur girls since I read they r in ifc...

May not b food, cld b some bacteria they caught in ifc..gd to keep them till they r well to go again...

Check whether they hv bloated stomach, and consider reducing e milk powder-water ratio. It will take at least 4-5 days for e diarrhea to go away..if it doesn't, pls see a PD

I always use wet handkerchief after wet wipe so that to remove any chemical on his buttock after poo. I heard chemical stay on skin too long will cause redness.

snow-i applaude ur effort 2mak é essence.. sure ur boy enjoys it!

iwahb-ur babies poo so often still can go ifc?

Soontobe thank u for the advice. Ya they in IFC. They still on ebm. I don't know how to see stomach bloated anot but my elder drink milk sometimes keep fussy and bending backwards avoid the bottle. Don't know is to say full don't want drink or she doesn't want my bm anymore. My mum keep saying don't know is it your milk cold (as in I keep eating and drinking cold stuff) she reject. I feel so piss at times. The parents keep wanting to give fm. I been sticking to my bm till now they 7mth+ but I think maybe I should introduce night fm for my elder since she been waking every night at 2plus cry fuss don't want sleep.

Joy can leh they poo very frequent but it's not those super loose and wet type. Funny thing is when I ask IFC teachers they say ok didn poo much but the min I fetch home open diaper is poo. Then time back till the next day morning again poo and poo. Sometimes I wonder how many diaper change at IFC cause in their booklet I always see they write down two timing for their diaper change indicating wet or poo. So from morning 7+ to 6 evening each bb only change 2x?

Snow I give up already my dad keep saying don't know why my preparation need to be so troublesome just boil in slow cooker and drink also same. The pork u shred like that I think my girls can't swallow haha I will have to blend Hee. Previously I cook pork porridge the lean meat all I mash and mash and feed with porridge to bb. Elder can't take it always got the gagging actions but being the very concern grandma Everytime see this will try to go dig out the mouth (really I told her its natural reaction from bb but she don't understand) sometimes really hate to stay with old generations but most times its them who help out that keep me sane!

I think only me here use wet wipes on babies buttocks and just let it be hahaha. I am like so busy with them two I a lot of things cut short. Just entertain them at night is enough. My elder always got temper always cry cry don't know what she want most times. Sleep also can't sleep long and through the night. I should have given her pacifier from beginning to help soothe her. Now give also too late.

Soontobe thank u for the advice. Ya they in IFC. They still on ebm. I don't know how to see stomach bloated anot but my elder drink milk sometimes keep fussy and bending backwards avoid the bottle. Don't know is to say full don't want drink or she doesn't want my bm anymore. My mum keep saying don't know is it your milk cold (as in I keep eating and drinking cold stuff) she reject. I feel so piss at times. The parents keep wanting to give fm. I been sticking to my bm till now they 7mth+ but I think maybe I should introduce night fm for my elder since she been waking every night at 2plus cry fuss don't want sleep.

Joy can leh they poo very frequent but it's not those super loose and wet type. Funny thing is when I ask IFC teachers they say ok didn poo much but the min I fetch home open diaper is poo. Then time back till the next day morning again poo and poo. Sometimes I wonder how many diaper change at IFC cause in their booklet I always see they write down two timing for their diaper change indicating wet or poo. So from morning 7+ to 6 evening each bb only change 2x?

Snow I give up already my dad keep saying don't know why my preparation need to be so troublesome just boil in slow cooker and drink also same. The pork u shred like that I think my girls can't swallow haha I will have to blend Hee. Previously I cook pork porridge the lean meat all I mash and mash and feed with porridge to bb. Elder can't take it always got the gagging actions but being the very concern grandma Everytime see this will try to go dig out the mouth (really I told her its natural reaction from bb but she don't understand) sometimes really hate to stay with old generations but most times its them who help out that keep me sane!

I think only me here use wet wipes on babies buttocks and just let it be hahaha. I am like so busy with them two I a lot of things cut short. Just entertain them at night is enough. My elder always got temper always cry cry don't know what she want most times. Sleep also can't sleep long and through the night. I should have given her pacifier from beginning to help soothe her. Now give also too late.

Hmm I thought both Ur bb in infant care? How come still need Ur parents help?

after work snow. cause usually my husband come back later so parents worry I cant handle with two babies and indeed even now with parents help we are still very busy. actually to a certain extend I guess I really need their help. I am still pumping so need time and the babies cant leave them alone for long they need carry they need attention so if I one person I don't think able to. need to bath after work, eat after work, wash clothes, do some simple cleaning then still got to bath the babies and then pump and wash bottles etc. I really don't think I got thousand hands.

joy I try on elder the other day pacifier. she doesn't know how to suck she use like teething toy instead bite here and there like teething toys.

after work snow. cause usually my husband come back later so parents worry I cant handle with two babies and indeed even now with parents help we are still very busy. actually to a certain extend I guess I really need their help. I am still pumping so need time and the babies cant leave them alone for long they need carry they need attention so if I one person I don't think able to. need to bath after work, eat after work, wash clothes, do some simple cleaning then still got to bath the babies and then pump and wash bottles etc. I really don't think I got thousand hands.

Ic then no choice lor got to close 1 eye liao this type

actually I feel very sad that I cant be a real mother to the two babies. not that I hated the help from my parents but somehow its just like having a helper, one of the baby will be under her care while the other under me. not easy to have both under my same care especially when elder doesn't latch and younger latch during sleep time. cant let them sleep together cause elder always wake up crying and will disturb younger. I don't know when can I really let them sleep together and with me. I also fear their constant waking at night will disturb their daddy who got to wake early for work. both still haven't sleep through the night so I still wake at night for pumping and feeding.

iwahb, don't be too hard on yourself. You are doing very well already. It is not easy to go through so much to get pregnant, go through the pregnancy and finally having the baby in our hand, for you is two babies, the xinku (hardship) and happiness is doubled!
It is a blessing to be able to receive help from the elderly. Learn to trust them, they will not harm the babies since they are also their flesh and blood.
For me, i put my baby to baby sitter from 7.30am to 7pm, at night, when i bring him home, my father in law will help me look after while i bathe and eat. after that i will take over. I will make him sleep then mother in law help to relieve me by sleeping with him from sunday to thursday so that i will not be so tired during work the next day. He still wakes for milk one time and water several times at night.Weekend i look after him on my own, with some help from them as well, but minimal.
For the bm that u feel they warmed up too hot, don't worry too much ok, hot bm is still better than fm, right? just close one eye. think about it, some ppl will scaled (not sure the spelling) the bm before freezing to prevent the metallic smell, isnt' scalding the milk killing more anitbodies than hot bm???
I have a hard time adjusting from being carefree person to having a baby to look after, not to mention you have two, but trust me, things will definitely get better. As your babies grow older, you will feel more relax. But new challenges set in when they start crawling and learning how to walk. Take each step at a time. When you feel down and stress, tell yourself, you wish for a healthy baby and your wish is doubly granted so be thankful okay.
This is a very good platform for us to encourage one another, so if u feel down, just continue to share them out here and i am sure you will be able to pick yourself up each time....and come back stronger.

pony so nice to see your encouragement. thank you very much. ya I know I shouldn complain much cause god has granted me my wish. infact more than I wanted. I am still feeling blessed with twins just that the work like you mention is doubly hard. trying to give equal attention to both is hard. feel sorry for one of them as I cant spend equal time with her. not biased or favouritism but sometimes there are really situation when you are given a choice but to attend to the one who the mummy can calm down first. my t2 latches and thus naturally she be more attached to me. t1 usually sleeps with my mum as she doesn't latch and my mum helps to take care during the night + feeds. previously try to switch/rotate the sleeping position but it just doesn't work cause both end up will cry and cry so to keep everyone else sane in the family this sleeping routine somehow already fix. t1 sleep with my mum while I sleep with t2. starting I even feel jealous and cry out when I realise t1 closer to mum. I keep complaining to my dh that t1 probably doesn't know I am her mother since she doesn't latch me and she doesn't smell me when she sleep. thou she get to see me everyday she also gets to see my mum everyday. then slowly I manage to convince myself I need their help so I shouldn be angry or jealous. like you say the grandparents confirm meant well for the babies. t1 can attached to my mum also means my mum treat her good. understand also everyday comes a new challenge, still waiting for them to crawl and see how difficult it will be for us caretakers. yes I also learn that in order to stay together must close an eye. I did voice out some noooo nooo to my parents but in a very casual way not to get them offended.

by the way mummies who also use biogaia, I just realise I feed the wrong way lol. I give to my babies by adding it into the milk bottles but just realise I am killing all the antibiotics in the biogaia. it should be given direct into babies mouth. so to those who like me must change liao.

Iwahb, things will just get better, I believe. When you get help from parents or PIL, usually a bit hard to have your way 100%, unless you are the one paying for their services, then you can have 100% say. Even if you try to tell the older generation nicely, they will still tell you that you were brought up this way too. So it's like that de. You have to give and take lor like some of them had already mentioned to you.

If you wanna be close to your T1, just a suggestion, maybe you can sleep with your mother, T1 and T2 in the same room.

My girl also hasn't STTN yet and she's waking up every hour since she was 4.5 months old. It's almost 2.5 months for me to wake up umpteen times in the night. There were times that I was so exhausted that I felt that I would die of lack of sleep and exhaustion. There were times when the devil in me won over and I lost my cool and patience with her but I have learnt to accept that this is my girl's sleep pattern.

I think it's okay to feel down at times but we must find ways to feel up again. If not, it's very easy to have depression. Maybe get away from your babies for a few hours, other than working hours. Do things that you like and then come back strong again. As a SAHM, my only "me" time is when I go for my facial and that's only 2 hours every 3 weeks. Anything longer than that, she will start looking for me and DH can't really manage her. Even when I meet up with friends, my girl is always with me because I'm still breastfeeding her.

Stay positive and let's jiayou together!

I put 5 drops of Biogaia onto the feeding spoon and feed her directly. I started feeding her probiotics when she was 3.5 months old. I have never mixed with my BM.

Last edited:
Moms how are your performance at work? ?Still keeping the same level as you were before pregnancy? I think I am losing my concentration and sharpness. :(

Iwahb, no worries. I shld b apologizing for intruding into ur conversations. But tot of giving u some advises on managin such situations.

My kids went thru these at least a few times a yr when they were below 18mths, esp my elder son coz he was in ifc too.

To know whether bloated or not, u touch n "beat" their stomach, if there is a hollow sound..then it is bloated. Apply ru yi you. I presume most of our parents shld know what to do, after all they brought us up. If they r on ebm, then u need to think back of ur own diet, whether u hv taken something tt might hv triggered these occurrences.

And don't worry abt the kids not recognizing/bonding w you..they will always know u r e mummy..mine stick to me like superglue when I m hm after work...we are the 1st person that bond w them; 9 mths ahead of anyone, when they were still in stomach..you r doing a great job!

Last edited:
That's what everyone tell me. No child won't recognise their mother. Just hope things gets better. Thanks so much mummies. I'm just so glad to see some silent readers popping out to give advice :) all are welcome! Hope this platform grow bigger.

Faith when u intend to stop BF? Think latching very she bu de when stopping. I can stop pumping cause I hate pumping but to stop means no milk and I now thinking younger always nurse to sleep how?

iwahb-u can pump enough for twins very good liao!!

i thk i will stop pumpin soon.. hope still hav suf 2latch @night... i love é latch while readin storybook moments..

goin 2start stage 2 fm, cereal n teethin biscuits in sequence...

my baby dun lik 2read with me.. i put é books in front then start hittin é book.. or wan 2bite.. dun wan 2follow.. so i borrow those with a few line on each page n read.. but when i m very tired like these 2days i dun read also.. lazy mummy...

Moms how are your performance at work? ?Still keeping the same level as you were before pregnancy? I think I am losing my concentration and sharpness. :(

My concentration level definitely not as high compared to before pregnancy... And now half way through work will then to think about lo...

Also will "steal" work time to read forum and shop for baby stuffs online.. Feeling so guilty at times.... :(

my baby dun lik 2read with me.. i put é books in front then start hittin é book.. or wan 2bite.. dun wan 2follow.. so i borrow those with a few line on each page n read.. but when i m very tired like these 2days i dun read also.. lazy mummy...

Initially I read for him, but he like blur blur...so I changed to playing nursery rhymes songs for him to listen... Sing together with him with some actions on songs like twinkle twinkle little stars, I will do the open and close palm action... When playing the finger family song, I will also do the actions... My lo will try to follow... Maybe you all can search for "the little baby bum" on YouTube... Very very nice videos...very educational too...u can convert to MP3 songs to be played to ur Los at night before sleep...

Iwahb, initially I gave myself 6 months then 1 year then now I really 舍不得. But I want a #2 so I need to stop BF in order for menses to come so I can go for FET next year. Now that I have started her on solids, gradually her demand for BM will become lesser. I really don't know when she will start to self wean. Obviously I'm not looking forward to that day but I know very well that day will come sooner or later. So I'm really treasuring every BF moment now. The kind of relationship and bond through BF is just indescribable!

Ete, why does your boy dislike latching now? Is it because you have started him on solids?

I bought a few stories books but my girls just love biting them. they cannot be bothered on the contents. try reading till I can memorise already lol now I don't even need to open the book I know whats next. my car nursery songs I also play and play till I know what song comes after this hahaha.

joy yes I still manage to produce enough for both my girls. they are small drinkers in a way lucky can tahan the bm till they over 6months. per sessions for both is 300ml combine and on average both drinks 5-7x per day. this also means that I cannot lazy in pumping. my yield is just nice only. in fact last week I took out some fbm cause my mum keep wasting my bm on elder. keep feeding her during night when she cant sleep and always cant finish.

i will for sure miss the bond i have with my younger during sleeping cause she latches to sleep. i don't latch her at any other position or during the day only at night when sleeping we lay down on bed side by side and she turn to latch. other than that she is always on bottles.

ladies may i check with you, lets say now my elder is on 140ml bm every 3-4hrly so if i want to give her fm how much should it be. i saw from the fm tin that bb after 6mths if feed on average 5-6x per day is 6 scopes powder to 180ml water. if i use this ratio the final product will be over 200ml and i wonder is it too much for my elder who only took 140ml bm previously. but if i reduce the scopes of powder and water accordingly will it be insufficient in terms of nutrients?

Back