What is the confinement nanny rate for 2015?

Your best bet will be a maid. Although having a maid has a different set of problems. A much larger problem, I should say, compared to lack of sleep at night. He he...
If you go for infant care then u need to be prepared to be able to take child care leave as and when your baby fall sick. And this is quite often for babies below 12 months.
Maybe try to get your hubby to rotate night duties unless u r nursing.

Hi.. Mummies.. I have a concern here. I would like to know how you will decide to take care of baby from 2nd mth onwards after the confinement nanny completed the 1st mth of ur confinement if no one can help to take care especially when you starts working from 4th mth onwards. My mother is a stroke patient. My MIL has their own 2 grandsons to look after, and is getting slow and a blur which I do not dare to let her take care of an infant.

I'm the kind not comfortable to put baby alone with maid at home so I would suggest infant care to you.

Oic. Guess a maid is best solution in this case if you need someone else to take care of bb at night time. But a lot of time, most of them do not have infant care experience. Think transfer maid may have higher chances to have experience. If you had not given birth, get in the maid earlier so once your CL is in, she can help to guide the maid on taking care of the bb too.
we're in a similar situation so decided to hire a transfer maid; found one from Myanmar, she has cared for an infant of her ex-employer. we don't mind hiring her about 2 months earlier, that:
* we could know what she can/cannot do, and train her accordingly (e.g. cooking Chinese dishes)
* she could get to know the family (including in-laws) and our "systems".
* confinement lady could guide her during the 4 weeks (like lingyou suggested).

for us, infant care is last resort, especially after hearing from my friend that his boy contracted HFMD many times while at such centres. we also think that the babies to caregivers ratio is too much, it's not just the facilities.

yes, there will be another set of risks associated with maids but guess we'll have to manage it to our best. our strategy is to establish a family type relationship, keep her physically/emotionally healthy, and motivate her with her primary desire (earn monies to improve her family's lives back home). we promised that if she took good care of us, we'll take good care of her needs; mid & year-end bonuses (just like we get bonuses for our employment).
hopefully, our kindness gets reciprocated with kindness and the plan works out well ^_^

after confinement period, caring for our boy will be on all 3 of us. yes, husband must also help to change diapers and do what knot, not just play with baby.
after maternity leave (workdays), plan is to bring our boy and maid to parent's place every morning, fetch them back in the evening. mother will help keep an eye on them both during the day. tedious and somewhat costly cos we'll have to upkeep another set of baby stuffs at parent's place (bed, toiletries, clothes, diapers, etc etc).

just sharing our plans ^_^

My cl from pem agency is leaving next week. Suddenly i feel alittle overwhelemed as to how to go about handling baby myself when she is gone. We will go back my parents hse in the day but my mother is not good with babies and will be of little help.

So far cl has been of great help. She is organised, hygienic and hardworking. Even went the extra mile to clean the house and wash hubby's backpack when it is dirtied. I think really by luck as some colleagues complained their cl is not good. Thought of extending her for two more weeks.

Should i?

My cl from pem agency is leaving next week. Suddenly i feel alittle overwhelemed as to how to go about handling baby myself when she is gone. We will go back my parents hse in the day but my mother is not good with babies and will be of little help.

So far cl has been of great help. She is organised, hygienic and hardworking. Even went the extra mile to clean the house and wash hubby's backpack when it is dirtied. I think really by luck as some colleagues complained their cl is not good. Thought of extending her for two more weeks.

Should i?

Since she's of great help and if u can afford it .. Why not ... don't take too long to decide cos ur CL may have another case IMM after you .
Also during these times when CL is ard , even for this last week , do get ur mom to come over . Both you and mom even ur hubby MUST do more hands-on with ur bb . Don't wait till she leaves to learn how . With e CL still at home , ur mom / hubby and urself should feel more comfortable handling bb and try to learn as much stuffs from her before she leaves .
Yes, hubby must chip-in , too .
Anyways Your mom handled u when u were a bb , too , right ?? She probably just need a refresher course .. It's like what pp say about riding a bicycle ... U'll never forget .

Wish you luck !!
Congrats on ur new bb .

Last edited:
Since she's of great help and if u can afford it .. Why not ... don't take too long to decide cos ur CL may have another case IMM after you .
Also during these times when CL is ard , even for this last week , do get ur mom to come over . Both you and mom even ur hubby MUST do more hands-on with ur bb . Don't wait till she leaves to learn how . With e CL still at home , ur mom / hubby and urself should feel more comfortable handling bb and try to learn as much stuffs from her before she leaves .
Yes, hubby must chip-in , too .
Anyways Your mom handled u when u were a bb , too , right ?? She probably just need a refresher course .. It's like what pp say about riding a bicycle ... U'll never forget .

Wish you luck !!
Congrats on ur new bb .
Thank you for ur encouragement!

My mum actually had conflict with my cl as my mum felt that her place in the house as the mistress is threatened since most of the chores nanny is doing.
Thankfully my hubby has been pro-active and hands on. He dotes on babygirl loads and always jumps up at night when she cries for milk. But we r both newbies and have lots to learn.

My concern in extending nanny is tt my parents may think its a waste of money and nt sure if i am living in denial like, delaying the inevitable of taking care of bb myself? ):

Thank you for ur encouragement!

My mum actually had conflict with my cl as my mum felt that her place in the house as the mistress is threatened since most of the chores nanny is doing.
Thankfully my hubby has been pro-active and hands on. He dotes on babygirl loads and always jumps up at night when she cries for milk. But we r both newbies and have lots to learn.

My concern in extending nanny is tt my parents may think its a waste of money and nt sure if i am living in denial like, delaying the inevitable of taking care of bb myself? ):
I feel for u .. being sandwiched between ur mom and ur CL . Thank goodness ur hubby is pro active .

You have to think for urself and be a little selfish even . You just had a BABY , OK ?!?
And Your world is a bit chaotic for now.
SO Don't worry too much abt what other pp thinks , even ur mom .
Focus on ur bb , learn as many tricks and tips from ur CL .
Baby's very sensitive to ur body's vibes .. When ur chill-lex and confident when handling ur bb , ur bb will also be less fussy .. Or will Calm down faster .
Trust urself !! Ur the maker of this wonderful bb in ur arms .. Nothing in this world we (moms) can not do .
Don't worry be happy !! Enjoy ur bb and the times together .

I feel for u .. being sandwiched between ur mom and ur CL . Thank goodness ur hubby is pro active .

You have to think for urself and be a little selfish even . You just had a BABY , OK ?!?
And Your world is a bit chaotic for now.
SO Don't worry too much abt what other pp thinks , even ur mom .
Focus on ur bb , learn as many tricks and tips from ur CL .
Baby's very sensitive to ur body's vibes .. When ur chill-lex and confident when handling ur bb , ur bb will also be less fussy .. Or will Calm down faster .
Trust urself !! Ur the maker of this wonderful bb in ur arms .. Nothing in this world we (moms) can not do .
Don't worry be happy !! Enjoy ur bb and the times together .
Thanks alot dear. I have called pem agency to extend my nanny for two weeks. Thankfully she is available and not assigned any other assignments after me yet.

seems to ease my mental load alittle but definitely needs to buck up and loads to learn!

I think i do need to chillax abit. I tend to panic alittle whenever she whines.. Haha

Thanks alot dear. I have called pem agency to extend my nanny for two weeks. Thankfully she is available and not assigned any other assignments after me yet.

seems to ease my mental load alittle but definitely needs to buck up and loads to learn!

I think i do need to chillax abit. I tend to panic alittle whenever she whines.. Haha

i engaged my CL from PEM its been 7 days so far and shes really good. told her i wanted to do total breastfeeding and shes been very encouraging. night feeds she brings my baby for me to latch on..she cooks really well too and shares alot of her experience with me. im also thinking of extending her for a week to master the ropes of taking care of baby but will monitor first.maybe i will make the decision a week later because i know she may want to go back home to spend some time with her kids during sch holidays. she takes the initiative to clean the house wash clothes and even cooks for my mom when my mom comes to visit occasionally.

Hi, my CL cost 3.2k a mth and I booked her for 40days coz after that is cny and she doesn't work during cny. So it's gonna cost ard $4.5k thereabout for the period. Gonna get my maid to learn as much as she can during that period.

Inflation!!

Hi, my CL cost 3.2k a mth and I booked her for 40days coz after that is cny and she doesn't work during cny. So it's gonna cost ard $4.5k thereabout for the period. Gonna get my maid to learn as much as she can during that period.

Inflation!!
thats alot! i chose PEM and paid 2150 in total.now in my 2nd week of confinement and my confinement lady is really good and supportive. thinking of extending 2 weeks with her as my husband will be gg for a business trip, so will be easier if theres an extra pair of hands to help.

we're in a similar situation so decided to hire a transfer maid; found one from Myanmar, she has cared for an infant of her ex-employer. we don't mind hiring her about 2 months earlier, that:
* we could know what she can/cannot do, and train her accordingly (e.g. cooking Chinese dishes)
* she could get to know the family (including in-laws) and our "systems".
* confinement lady could guide her during the 4 weeks (like lingyou suggested).

for us, infant care is last resort, especially after hearing from my friend that his boy contracted HFMD many times while at such centres. we also think that the babies to caregivers ratio is too much, it's not just the facilities.

yes, there will be another set of risks associated with maids but guess we'll have to manage it to our best. our strategy is to establish a family type relationship, keep her physically/emotionally healthy, and motivate her with her primary desire (earn monies to improve her family's lives back home). we promised that if she took good care of us, we'll take good care of her needs; mid & year-end bonuses (just like we get bonuses for our employment).
hopefully, our kindness gets reciprocated with kindness and the plan works out well ^_^

after confinement period, caring for our boy will be on all 3 of us. yes, husband must also help to change diapers and do what knot, not just play with baby.
after maternity leave (workdays), plan is to bring our boy and maid to parent's place every morning, fetch them back in the evening. mother will help keep an eye on them both during the day. tedious and somewhat costly cos we'll have to upkeep another set of baby stuffs at parent's place (bed, toiletries, clothes, diapers, etc etc).

just sharing our plans ^_^

But you leave your maid alone at home with the baby while you both working? Because hiring a maid is not say not possible, but she will be alone with the baby at home if I complete my leaves and start work.

thats alot! i chose PEM and paid 2150 in total.now in my 2nd week of confinement and my confinement lady is really good and supportive. thinking of extending 2 weeks with her as my husband will be gg for a business trip, so will be easier if theres an extra pair of hands to help.

Yea, will be good to book for two mths if can afford.. But mine will clash with cny which this lady won't do. Am pretty fussy with food n understand that this CL cooks superly well plus v gd with baby .. No choice.. Ask hubby to work harder. Lol. Hopefully it'll be worth the price!

Hi, Twirlycandy and Whimsicalfix85 a would you gals mind to share the name of your PEM nanny since you have good feedback on them?

Cheers!!!

Hi, Twirlycandy and Whimsicalfix85 a would you gals mind to share the name of your PEM nanny since you have good feedback on them?

Cheers!!!

sure..i had 2 nannies cos the 1st which was good fell sick and asked to go back to malaysia. her name is 翠儿姐(cui er jie). turns out my replacement nanny is equally good though (even more efficient as she cleans and mops the house every day!). her name is 宝群姐 (bao qun jie). hope this helps.

Cheers!!!
My nanny is 曹雪梅。 we call her auntie at home :) we just extended her for another month as shes really good and not calculative. We dont have to fret over laundry and household chores and especially night feeds so hubby and i can take a break.

Does any mummy have the same frustrating experience as me?

CL does not follow instructions.
Has her way of 'arguing' back.
cos I'm a 1st time mum, so I 'listen' to her.

Eg. Formula feed at night. Bb cannot wait for breast milk to be warmed up.

My bb is 2 weeks old and is being fed ever y 2-hours. Is this normal? ??

Does any mummy have the same frustrating experience as me?

CL does not follow instructions.
Has her way of 'arguing' back.
cos I'm a 1st time mum, so I 'listen' to her.

Eg. Formula feed at night. Bb cannot wait for breast milk to be warmed up.

My bb is 2 weeks old and is being fed ever y 2-hours. Is this normal? ??
Sorry to hear about ur frustration. I did hear of such stories where nannies 'preach' a set of instructions and new mums are sort of made to follow.

If you feel uncomfy giving baby formula milk at night, u can voice it out. U can also wake up at times to warm up the ebm to show nanny ur 'determination' to give baby ebm. Perhaps invest in a good warmer? Heard avent one is nt bad. My pigeon one is v slow so we ended up using warm water in a cup. Sometimes, if we know baby is impatient during night feeds, we 'anticipate' her next feed and prepare slightly earlier (like 20 mins?) so it will be just nice. There are many ways to make it work if u r really commited to give ebm at night.

My babygirl used to feed very frequently when she is a newborn too. Sometimes shes hungry after abt 1.5-2 hours too. This may coincide with their growth spurts typically at 3 and 6 weeks of life bt varies for different babies.

Important is to talk to nanny abt ur expectations and strike a middle ground. Afterall u r baby's mum and u have to be comfortable with how baby is treated.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I recommended my cousin s confinement lady in other thread in SMH. And she is really good. She stays in JB and her mother and sister stays
Singapore so don have to worry about the temporary work permit thing. Her charges is $2600. If any mummy needs a confinement lady can contact her sister in Singapore 86065387.

hi brocolli ,

r u talking about CL wen wen?she changed her number to 86279169 and +6011 10895429

i hired her through ur recommendation i had a such wonderful and memorable experience with her ..
she is so kind,patient and so helpful ! its so important to have a good nanny.as this is my #2 and i can feel the different between a good and just a CL..a good 1 is hard to come by.. thank you very much for ur recommendation
and we miss her so much,i m sure ur cousin will still miss her till now :)

Hi Twirlycandy,

Thank you so much for your advice.
I usually get my hubby to speak to her.
Apparently, she tends to obey him (but goes back to her ways after 2 or 3 days).

I wake up at night and make a point to check on baby and her.
Last night my baby throw up his milk (not little but a lot, left a paddle on the floor...when asked, she blamed it on the NUK teat for new born!!!!)

:((

Sorry to hear about ur frustration. I did hear of such stories where nannies 'preach' a set of instructions and new mums are sort of made to follow.

If you feel uncomfy giving baby formula milk at night, u can voice it out. U can also wake up at times to warm up the ebm to show nanny ur 'determination' to give baby ebm. Perhaps invest in a good warmer? Heard avent one is nt bad. My pigeon one is v slow so we ended up using warm water in a cup. Sometimes, if we know baby is impatient during night feeds, we 'anticipate' her next feed and prepare slightly earlier (like 20 mins?) so it will be just nice. There are many ways to make it work if u r really commited to give ebm at night.

My babygirl used to feed very frequently when she is a newborn too. Sometimes shes hungry after abt 1.5-2 hours too. This may coincide with their growth spurts typically at 3 and 6 weeks of life bt varies for different babies.

Important is to talk to nanny abt ur expectations and strike a middle ground. Afterall u r baby's mum and u have to be comfortable with how baby is treated.

my nanny is $2700 shes really good so i m very generous with our hong bao ..this is my #2 a good nanny will be charging 2700-2800 its really imporatnt to have a good nanny to look after u and baby u could have good rest during confinement

my nanny is $2700 shes really good so i m very generous with our hong bao ..this is my #2 a good nanny will be charging 2700-2800 its really imporatnt to have a good nanny to look after u and baby u could have good rest during confinement
Hi xbabymoon, how much is the ang bao u gave? I was told by my colleague the 'closing ang bao' is part of the amt we agreed. Eg. Agree 2.7k, so I pass her 2.5k and 200 in ang bao if I wanted to give her 200. @_@

Hi Twirlycandy,

Thank you so much for your advice.
I usually get my hubby to speak to her.
Apparently, she tends to obey him (but goes back to her ways after 2 or 3 days).

I wake up at night and make a point to check on baby and her.
Last night my baby throw up his milk (not little but a lot, left a paddle on the floor...when asked, she blamed it on the NUK teat for new born!!!!)

:((
Hmmm, sometimes my girl chokes on certain bottles such as medela calma or even Dr Brown's. So far pigeon peristaltic teat seens the best for her. Avent is ok too. Usually once she chokes we will remove immediately and pat her till she feels better before resuming the feed.

Yea sometimes i get my hubby to instruct nanny stuff too since i spent most of time w her at home n wanna minimise conflict haha jiayou!!

I used Silver Star Consulting 9222 2626/8282 8226/6303 0529. Their rate is 2.6k and 1 replacement if nanny is sick or we find her unsuitable.they also ensure all the paper work n refund in case of miscarriage.touch wood.my nanny was great. She was a great help when my girl had a blocked nose and flu. She used steam to relieve my girl. She also helped to maintain my house and managed cooking. I feel blessed to have her as my CL.

My #1 confinement was done by mil. But #2 I would hire a CL. As my 1st confinement with mil is not so good. Everyone is so tire and I keep having conflict w hubby. So this time I hire a CL at sgd2600. Recommend from a fren. Hopefully is good.
I also wanna know how much ang pao u gers give when it end. I know is by individual but just want to know the average. Thanks.

Back