IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I realized I had my letrozole pills wrongly eaten! !! Haihz. Instructions 2pills per night I thought 1pill per night and was on 1 pill only per night for 2 nights. I wonder how much it will impact my follies growth -,-llll

Dont think kk needs u to strongly stick to what they suggest. Of cos first line of treatment stsrts with fertility pills and natural conception ..fail then refer iui. I was refered to 3cycles of iui but I underwent 2cycles then they gave me option to go for 3rd cycle or go for ivf. I choose ivf cos got to queue 2 mths at least ..then seek iui elsewhere to try luck to see if it works then dont need to go ivf. Kkh iui is strictly injectibles for me (so-iui) but they do have iui (pills+lesser injectibles). Im on 3rd cycle iui (letrozole d2 to d6)+ 3days of injectibles then scan on cd10. Protocol depends on how doc assess your infertility
Shd be ok? perhaps just a couple more days?

Hi ladies need some feedback, wife feedback to me after says todays she doea not feel bloated anymore and seems everything is normal seems a feeling of not strike. Is this normal? Haissss was still holding onto a niche of hope. But still staying positive
Such things never know one ah :) some people pregnant no signs one heh

Wondering. ...For self injection, what is the best position (aka less painful)? Lying down, sitting up or standing up.

Any sisters here with Dr sf loh?
i can inject either sitting down or standing up.. i just wrap the needle on my palm, and just my thumb to push down the syringe

Thanks all!

I believe Dr Fong will prescribe me Clomid + HCG jab prior to IUI. But Dr Fong did not request for me to go for any tests to check on my fallopian tubes and whats not... Is it because I conceived naturally last year?

Thank u. I did it sitting up last night. Need some assurance i am doing correctly.

turn to dosage
twist in needle
poke needle and press down top and hold for 10 sec

The liquid automatically flows in is it? Do I need to anything to draw the liquid (cos I saw on some overseas website got to pull top or something)
Appreciate it

failed my second cycle of IUI and after talking to my doctor, decided to step up to ivf next month! IUI is taking too much time and with IUI, my doctor can't tell if I have problems with egg quality. With 1 cycle of IVF, even if it fails, she will be able to ascertain if I have egg quality issues and will be able to take the necessary measures to counter the egg quality issues.

Wishing you ladies all the very best. Never give up on chasing after your dreams! Hope we all see that coveted BFP very soon!

Thanks all!

I believe Dr Fong will prescribe me Clomid + HCG jab prior to IUI. But Dr Fong did not request for me to go for any tests to check on my fallopian tubes and whats not... Is it because I conceived naturally last year?

Maybe that could be the reason. You reconfirm with Dr Fong yah. ;-) I cannot conceive naturally with the aid of Clomid for a few months. So when my Dr advice to proceed IUI, my Dr said its best to check the condition of my tube etc. first.

If you have any doubt, ask your Dr for confirmation and assurance. :-D

The liquid automatically flows in is it? Do I need to anything to draw the liquid (cos I saw on some overseas website got to pull top or something)
Appreciate it

err..duno your needle is same as mine.. but i need to push down the syringe for the liquid to be injected into my tummy la
just like normal injection for chicken pox or hep A & B, same concept

Pixie- same I need to push the top in (ie use thumb . But do I need to pull up something first before pushing down? Not sure if I am confusing everyone. Paiseh

Pixie- same I need to push the top in (ie use thumb . But do I need to pull up something first before pushing down? Not sure if I am confusing everyone. Paiseh
errmm.. when you are drawing out the fluid using the syringe, the syringe is already up ma.. so u just poke into your flesh and press down.. same pattern as normal injection ( i assume u done some sort of injection before).. just make sure when you draw out the fluid using the syringe, must tap the needle to make sure no air bubble in the fluid before injecting into your tummy

And I had my first jab done ... it was painfulllllll... anyone uses menopur before? Is a mixture of fsh plus LH. Doc says he believes this aids in production of better quality eggs .. together with letrozole. The jab is troublesome cos is abit like trigger shot got to mix powder and liquid. Then draw up the mixture and jab. The mixture is more than 50IU and the increase in volume compared to the usual puregon or gonal F jab mkes it very painful .. now im having slight gastric pain and feeling way sleepy

- same I need to push the top in (ie use thumb . But do I need to pull up something first before pushing down? Not sure if I am confusing everyone. Paiseh
If u are using gonal F pen or puregon pen just adjust to the units u want ..pinch fatty fats at your belly .. push the needle through the fats .. for gonal F pen u use your thumb to press down count to 10sec and the liquid will be in your body already. Just release pull the jab pen out and put back the cap. If puregon pen u can only turn 1 direction to get to the units u want. If u overturn .. nvm continue turning same direction till u get to the units u want. Dont turn in reverse way. Same thing pinch fats poke needle in and then twist till u cant twist ..count to 10sec the liquid will be in your body ..release and pull jqb pen out and cap back. Is jab pen so shouldnt have any bubbles. Unless u mix the mixture yourself and got to draw up the liquid .. then u got to let the needle face upwards to reduce bubbles in take ..after drawing all liquid up then either u tap to let bubble go off or u press the jab mildly to let the bubbles or air be released leaving only the liquid before u proceed to jab by pinching fats. I find it easier to jab by sitting down. Cos whn u slough abit the fats r all there for u to pinch hehe

Anyone experienced breast tenderness/soreness and bloating with the dydrogesterone medicine given after iui?

I was not given any medication to eat after my IUI in NUH. However I heard that this medication is given to those that did IUI in KKH.So just to answer your question, yes, some will feel breast tenderness/soreness, bloating and some even delay their AF. I hope you are feeling better now.

Hi all,

I do not think I will get BFP for my #1IUI. I feel like a roller coaster these few days. Okay at some point, then terrible at another point. I dont know whether its a virus or what, but tummy got hit the worst. Loose bowel at first, then constipated, now gastric. To make matters worst, having dry cough. Feeling so lousy these few days....so lousy.....

Hi all,

I do not think I will get BFP for my #1IUI. I feel like a roller coaster these few days. Okay at some point, then terrible at another point. I dont know whether its a virus or what, but tummy got hit the worst. Loose bowel at first, then constipated, now gastric. To make matters worst, having dry cough. Feeling so lousy these few days....so lousy.....
Have u seen a doc?

Attempt to do things that'll make you happy and take ur mind off it? I know it's hard to not have expectations.. But try?

Hi all,

Jiayou AnnBby.. it's the weather that's making a lot of people fall sick. Try not to worry too much, maybe do something u enjoy to distract yourself?

Have u seen a doc?

Attempt to do things that'll make you happy and take ur mind off it? I know it's hard to not have expectations.. But try?

Yah....so hard to not think about it. Though my hands are full, but I still remember that I am in the tww period. Haish.....I have not seen a dr. If my condition does not improve, then I have no choice but to visit one.

Jiayou AnnBby.. it's the weather that's making a lot of people fall sick. Try not to worry too much, maybe do something u enjoy to distract yourself?

Maybe its the weather. I see so many ppl around me sick. But I hope I get better. I hardly get sick. But this time, my immune gets hit hard. Its just so depressing. But thanks for giving methe motivation.

Hi Ladies, around how many days can we do hpt after iui ? I have the usual trigger shot, so not sure if I can test early.. The previous iui I waited to 14 days after iui. But I tempted to test early. Haha a. .

Hi Pinkie, yes worry about false negative and also false positive. I read in Web that trigger shot might not leaves our body so soon..

Hi Ladies, around how many days can we do hpt after iui ? I have the usual trigger shot, so not sure if I can test early.. The previous iui I waited to 14 days after iui. But I tempted to test early. Haha a. .

I tested daily after my IUI. The trigger completely left my body 5 days after IUI.

I guess it's safe for you to test a week after your IUI.

Hi all,

Hi Ann, do not think that way, be happy luff at the silliest mistake, just dun do heavy work. I understand what u going thru because my mrs is going thru the same thing as you except with little cough but tummy feeling is the same. She does have mood swings so i just turn a blind ear and eye to that at certain times just entertain her for ladies suffer more than us men at such times. House work try to leave the heavy and stretching stuff to the guy, same for groceries..

Even though 10% is not hard to hit but give it a try we never know. This is a journey which should be like roller coaster but make it enjoyable ya.

Keep up the positiveness and luffter always.

6days of letrozole 3days of menopur jabs .. 1st scan 2 follies of 11mm on left but 3 follies of 18mm each on right :) ovidrel trigger tmr followed by iui on wed 12pm .. given horm pills to be taken 3x daily at 8am 4pm and 11pm as doc said the 1week after iui is the most crucial. If lining is good embryo embeds then pregnancy will occur and hopefully sustain

wow!!!!! u have 5!!!!!!! and 3 are of good sizes.

We were go angry because we have 2 of 18mm but bloody doc ask my wife go home, next day go left one ;P so freaking pissed off

I feel like slapping that freaking bitch in her face! till now

Yup just nice 3 of gd sizes to be triggered. Doc kept saying better not have only 1 cos very slim chance of success with 1 matured folly. The 3 no longer need jabbing cos they will continue to grow (expected 20mm tmr) until the trigger shot given tmr. How come your wife had 2 but left with 1?

Because it ovulated le aka pop out so left one 15 which was expected to grow up to 18 and 2 small little ones. Thus i was soooooooooooo angry!
But the doctor did say no worries maybe still in the tube so iui on the day for us.
U got so many maybe kenna twins le hehehehehe

6days of letrozole 3days of menopur jabs .. 1st scan 2 follies of 11mm on left but 3 follies of 18mm each on right :) ovidrel trigger tmr followed by iui on wed 12pm .. given horm pills to be taken 3x daily at 8am 4pm and 11pm as doc said the 1week after iui is the most crucial. If lining is good embryo embeds then pregnancy will occur and hopefully sustain

Yeay! Thats good news. High possibility you could get twins but hitting one jackpot is better than none. Good luck!

Hi Ann, do not think that way, be happy luff at the silliest mistake, just dun do heavy work. I understand what u going thru because my mrs is going thru the same thing as you except with little cough but tummy feeling is the same. She does have mood swings so i just turn a blind ear and eye to that at certain times just entertain her for ladies suffer more than us men at such times. House work try to leave the heavy and stretching stuff to the guy, same for groceries..

Even though 10% is not hard to hit but give it a try we never know. This is a journey which should be like roller coaster but make it enjoyable ya.

Keep up the positiveness and luffter always.

Thanks for your encouragement. I full blown sick liao. My temperature hit 38.7 last night. Now recuperating. I doubt so with my condition like this, I will get a positive blood test. But I hope, your Mrs will get a positive one. On behalf of ur Mrs, thank you for understanding & tolerating her. Its true, we have to tolerate so many things at this moment so we tend to be a bit more touchy. Its not easy to remain compose or be like our normal self but I am sure she tried.

Right now, I don't do anything already. My hubby take over. I hope to get well soon. If this cycle, its negative, I will take a month break and continue in July.

Ann drink plenty of water and sleep ... yes u have to be real tai tai for once. For better or worst i am just keep my heads up and hope for the 0.1% ;P

Thanks for your encouragement. I full blown sick liao. My temperature hit 38.7 last night. Now recuperating. I doubt so with my condition like this, I will get a positive blood test. But I hope, your Mrs will get a positive one. On behalf of ur Mrs, thank you for understanding & tolerating her. Its true, we have to tolerate so many things at this moment so we tend to be a bit more touchy. Its not easy to remain compose or be like our normal self but I am sure she tried.

Right now, I don't do anything already. My hubby take over. I hope to get well soon. If this cycle, its negative, I will take a month break and continue in July.
Tk care n rest well! Don't think so much for now!

And I had my first jab done ... it was painfulllllll... anyone uses menopur before? Is a mixture of fsh plus LH. Doc says he believes this aids in production of better quality eggs .. together with letrozole. The jab is troublesome cos is abit like trigger shot got to mix powder and liquid. Then draw up the mixture and jab. The mixture is more than 50IU and the increase in volume compared to the usual puregon or gonal F jab mkes it very painful .. now im having slight gastric pain and feeling way sleepy
hmm..all my injection i need to mixed sodium fluid with the powder lei...

Pixie .. so u were using menopur it seems. R u continuing another cycle with tmc? I have no fate with tmc. Im with england now .. opposite plaza pelangi kerrys

Pixie .. so u were using menopur it seems. R u continuing another cycle with tmc? I have no fate with tmc. Im with england now .. opposite plaza pelangi kerrys
not really.. i have 3 different types of injection, all need to mixed sodium fluid with powder... cant really remember their names though...
and ya, i still with TMC..haha..

found some pic online.. this is one of my jabs...
IMG_4785.jpg
IMG_4786.jpg

Last edited:

next cycle is my 3rd.. already state in my post

Sorry....sorry.....I thought how you know you aregoing to do 3 cycle. When you state 3rd cycle, then I understand. Maybe I dont notice that you are already on the 2nd. Anyway, good luck on this second one. I heard the chances of getting a positive increases with every round of IUI. So baby dust to you....:)

Back