(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Mommies..your LO has BCG injected in hospital on the arm. Can I check with you how long your LO has BCG swell on the arm? I just noticed my bb arm swell but he's almost full mth le. Is it normal for BCG to take that long to swell? Pls advise.

Today on my way to PD suddenly whole gush of blood came from my bottom and ive been flowing blood like mad down my legs etc. Went to see gynea immediately and he did an ultrasound. It seems that there is blood clot or reminants of placenta tissue inside.

Gynea adviced to go for massage and squeeze the blood clot out by itself. If next scan he check and confirm its placenta tissue then need to do a clearance procedure to suck the tissue out :( anyone got such situation before? Im 6 days after birth

I'm currently feeding my one week old baby approx 80ml every 2 hours approx. He's always hungry. I don't know why. Sigh. Making me very stressed. I went to PD. He asked me to increase from 60ml to 80ml de. And even so, he's still hungry. Not sure if it's growth spurt. But I'm more concern about overfeeding but PD doesn't seem to mention that.

I don't know how much my girl drinking dose. Sometimes she can finish bm 100ml but sometimes 50ml is enough for her. So i really dunno how many i suppose feed her.
I think every baby is different, don't be stress..as long baby drinking and healthy it's a blessing.

Thanks @mylilsheep will check out. :)

Lol, bb jus keep sucking as thou she's hungry right? My bb too.. End up also puke. Now i jus stuff the pacifier in, if he spits out means he still wan milk.. Haha. Quite smart lah kids nowadays..

Haha i think she's really hungry but because after quite sometimes she didn't drink fm so her tummy can't accept it.

Today on my way to PD suddenly whole gush of blood came from my bottom and ive been flowing blood like mad down my legs etc. Went to see gynea immediately and he did an ultrasound. It seems that there is blood clot or reminants of placenta tissue inside.

Gynea adviced to go for massage and squeeze the blood clot out by itself. If next scan he check and confirm its placenta tissue then need to do a clearance procedure to suck the tissue out :( anyone got such situation before? Im 6 days after birth
Me! Happened to me 1 wk postpartum too. Gynae said the exact same thing to me...

I went back for review 1 wk later and Gynae said the blood clot is still there... Just ask me to continue massage it out. He never mention abt the d&c anymore and he deemed it safe enough that he put my next review date as 3 mths later...

Did you take Shenghua soup after birth? Suppose to help with lochia and blood inside.

Hihi, i had done my c-section 5 weeks before. But recently my womb feel pain compare to 3rd and 4th weeks. Anyone can advise is it normal? I am a bit afraid that being exhausted cause the womn painful...

According to doc, need to wear binder for a month after c sec. The hot weather not helping. Keep perspiring and the area is getting itchy.

Tom is day 10 after c sec. Massage lady is coming but they can't massage on the tummy cos of wound right?

For decorations, I really DIY myself wor. Doing bunting, tassels, raindrops to significant shower, haha..

Can try OnePartyStore, I getting my balloons from there. If u stay @ north east, there's a kidz party store at Compass point level 4. :)

Thanks!!!! I will ask hubby to go and take a look!!!

According to doc, need to wear binder for a month after c sec. The hot weather not helping. Keep perspiring and the area is getting itchy.

Tom is day 10 after c sec. Massage lady is coming but they can't massage on the tummy cos of wound right?
Better not massage tummy. It's recommended at least 6 weeks after c sect.

Hihi, i had done my c-section 5 weeks before. But recently my womb feel pain compare to 3rd and 4th weeks. Anyone can advise is it normal? I am a bit afraid that being exhausted cause the womn painful...

I m healing very well after c section. On baby full month, we went out shopping and dinner. Not sure if I have walked too much, I felt a pulling pain at my wound. It lasted for 2 days and it went off. Now I m ok n so far no pain.

I went back for review 1 wk later and Gynae said the blood clot is still there... Just ask me to continue massage it out. He never mention abt the d&c anymore and he deemed it safe enough that he put my next review date as 3 mths later...

I see. For you, did your blood gush out as well? Mine was heavy bleeding with blood trickling down my legs and eventually onto the road. And to think I was in public. Oh man!

By the way, did you have any other symptoms? And in the end, did you managed to massage it out?

My baby sneezed a lot today and start to cough. I think he is having block nose as he make lots of sound while breathing. Going to see pd tmr morning. I dun think I will have a good nite sleep tonite. Any one has similar experience to share with me? I m very worry as he is only 5 weeks old.

I see. For you, did your blood gush out as well? Mine was heavy bleeding with blood trickling down my legs and eventually onto the road. And to think I was in public. Oh man!

By the way, did you have any other symptoms? And in the end, did you managed to massage it out?
Yup, mine gushed out and dripped onto the floor... I was at home... Hubby rushed me to hospital. My last review with dr 1 wk after the blood gushing episode, I still have blood clots inside...He just say continue to massage... My next review is 3 mths later so I don't know whether the clots are still there or not...
I don't have any symptoms, no pain no nothing... Except my lochia was starting to become much lesser after just 1 wk which is not normal...

I see, so was that blood gushing episode your only 'heavy' episode?
Currently, how many weeks are you (after delivery)?

My lochia was actually already reducing, until the episode this morning. And I had a massage this afternoon, which make my tummy hurts a little and of course, some blood output as well.

And I realised I have the same gynae with you - Dr Benjamin Tham

I take fenugreek. My lactation consultant has recommended me to drink this. Although there are a bit of increase in my milk supply but I think my milk supply never enough for my baby. My baby drink a lot....... and my supply never meet his demand. haishh......

What's your baby demand like?
Mine is like already 80-90ml at 1 week. Very hard for me to meet his demand.
I'm feeding express milk via bottle btw.

I'm at week 3 (day 23), started my massage 4 days ago and since then been stopped wearing my binder le cos still got the jamu wrap. And the scar gel I applying indicated to air the scar after applying the gel.
The massage lady will massage tummy but avoid wound area.

Hi mummes.. how many days in average bb umbilical cord will fall off? Mine is 9days old and still attached.. looks like going to drop but mayb take a few more days.
*cow-ing mode on*

My bb gal is drinking 70-80ml every 3-4hrs. My hosp PD actually suggest we have to wake her up if bb sleep pass 3hrs mark to avoid dehydration. Is that so?

Hi mummes.. how many days in average bb umbilical cord will fall off? Mine is 9days old and still attached.. looks like going to drop but mayb take a few more days.
*cow-ing mode on*

My bb gal is drinking 70-80ml every 3-4hrs. My hosp PD actually suggest we have to wake her up if bb sleep pass 3hrs mark to avoid dehydration. Is that so?

Yup I think if jaundice lvl is high, will need to wake up bb to drink milk cos they r usually very sleepy.

Btw anyone here suffering frm rashes?? I developed bum rash, dunno issit cos sat down all the time in hospital and now home. But got on aircon leh! Arghhh so terrible…

Hello mummies!
I've delivered bb girl last night via c sect. Tried induce but the pain was so furious at 1cm dilation and I couldn't manage it coz can't take epi yet. Gynae also touched my belly and remarked bb is really quite big, asked again if I really wanna try natural. So hubs & I decided just c sect la.

Turns out to be a 3.7kg bundle of joy! Omg! Personally felt we made the right decision to c sect than to wait for dilation & try natural.

Congratulation! 3.7kg quite big baby leh

What's your baby demand like?
Mine is like already 80-90ml at 1 week. Very hard for me to meet his demand.
I'm feeding express milk via bottle btw.
@BubsandBloms, wow yours 80-90 ml at 1 week or 1 feed?

I am not sure what is my baby's actual demand, but these few days baby has been cranky from early evening till midnight. I bf for more than 2-3 hours but he still want to drink milk, did not want to sleep. Then i top up formula milk for another 150 ml he also can finished. I guess in total my baby might already drink for more than 200 ml already.

*cow-ing mode on*

Mine umbilical cord fall off on day 16. quite long leh.....

@BubsandBloms, wow yours 80-90 ml at 1 week or 1 feed?

I am not sure what is my baby's actual demand, but these few days baby has been cranky from early evening till midnight. I bf for more than 2-3 hours but he still want to drink milk, did not want to sleep. Then i top up formula milk for another 150 ml he also can finished. I guess in total my baby might already drink for more than 200 ml already.

Mine is at 80-90ml per feed. He's only one week old. How old is your baby? Wah, 200ml, that's a lot!

I see, so was that blood gushing episode your only 'heavy' episode?
Currently, how many weeks are you (after delivery)?

My lochia was actually already reducing, until the episode this morning. And I had a massage this afternoon, which make my tummy hurts a little and of course, some blood output as well.

And I realised I have the same gynae with you - Dr Benjamin Tham
Yup, it was the only episode where it was so heavy that the blood dripped down. After that I had another heavy bleeding once... Not so much that will drip, just heavy with clots coming out... Now lochia also reducing again... I'm 3 wks postpartum now...
Dr Tham told me it's quite common... When I went to see him, he said he just saw 2 patients with this condition a wk before me...

@BubsandBloms @yveyve18 yeah seems like lots of mum r dr ben tham.. Me too!

@isenggirl my bb unbilical cord dropped at Day 7 which i think is quite fast..

@mylilsheep , ur bb latch 2-3hrs? V v long leh. Suckle n sleeps den suckles again issit?

Mine now day 9, still 1/2 drop.. hope it drols fast so easier to bathe.. now has to maintain dry..

My nipple is supper sore now.. if bb suck i feel super pain worse than pumping..

Ytd I accidentally remove medela freestyle battery, then it starts de-charging with bAtt wording.. medela manual said not to remove for 24hrs. Its very long leh.. Happen to anyone before?

By the way, any mummies here faced uncontrollable peeing after delivery? I'm already at 8 days post delivery, occasionally (esp when bladder is full), I will begin to pee, uncontrollably.

@BubsandBloms @yveyve18 yeah seems like lots of mum r dr ben tham.. Me too!

Oh I see. Yes, he's quite a nice gynae!

Yup, it was the only episode where it was so heavy that the blood dripped down. After that I had another heavy bleeding once... Not so much that will drip, just heavy with clots coming out... Now lochia also reducing again... I'm 3 wks postpartum now...
Dr Tham told me it's quite common... When I went to see him, he said he just saw 2 patients with this condition a wk before me...

Don't mind me asking, how long after that first episode you have another heavy bleeding? So I presume the reason for your heavy blood episode the first time is due to blood clots? Anyway, how did you purge the blood clots? Is it massage or...?

congrats happycsk!! wow.... 3.7 kg is really big baby le..... Even my baby now almost 4 weeks haven't reach that weight yet..... lols.

Haha...paiseh....Yah she feels very solid for a newborn...everybody keep asking if I ate durian or tonics but I didn't...had no intention to grow her so big inside me

By the way, any mummies here faced uncontrollable peeing after delivery? I'm already at 8 days post delivery, occasionally (esp when bladder is full), I will begin to pee, uncontrollably.

I think we need to do more freq pelvic exercise.. I was asked to do 10x per session..
That will help to control our pee.. i also everytime remove my undies, harder to control pee..

Oh I see. Yes, he's quite a nice gynae!

Don't mind me asking, how long after that first episode you have another heavy bleeding? So I presume the reason for your heavy blood episode the first time is due to blood clots? Anyway, how did you purge the blood clots? Is it massage or...?
I think I have the heavy bleeding abt a wk after the 1st episode... Yup, dr Tham says after my review that is likely to be blood clots and not part of placenta. I just have the post natal massage as usual.

I think I have the heavy bleeding abt a wk after the 1st episode... Yup, dr Tham says after my review that is likely to be blood clots and not part of placenta. I just have the post natal massage as usual.

I see. Did he scan your tummy or what? As in, did he say how he determine is blood clot?

*cow-ing mode on*

My bb cord dropped off on day 3 in hospital.. guess cos the diapers pulled it off..

Mummies who had done or doing massage, do u shower everyday?

Cos the massage oil and jamu herbs all over our bodies, how to dun shower?

Mummies who had done or doing massage, do u shower everyday?

Cos the massage oil and jamu herbs all over our bodies, how to dun shower?
I will start my jamu next Tues. Since discharge, I already been showering with herbs everyday. I also bought the zhongkui lemongrass shampo cum shower gel to shower and wash hair.

Hi mummies. I am due in July. Can I check for those who has gave birth at TMC and stayed in single bedded. Did u pay for your hubby to stay with u? We don't need them to prepare food for my husband. 3 years ago they didn't charge as long as my husband don't eat their meals. Is it still the same?

My bb cord dropped off on day 3 in hospital.. guess cos the diapers pulled it off..
All of your babies drop at normal timing. Mine only dropped last midnight when she's 21days old!! Consider so long! She's drinking EBM 90ml per 2-3hrs.

I think don't shower after massage right? Wind will go inside I think? Was advised to shower before massage. Starting mine on Monday.

I will start my jamu next Tues. Since discharge, I already been showering with herbs everyday. I also bought the zhongkui lemongrass shampo cum shower gel to shower and wash hair.
Wah.. U shower everyday ar. I tahan the first 10 days w/o shower and wash hair. But since start massage, I shower every morning with heater hot water and the zhong kui lemongrass shower gel w/o wash hair. My mum oni buy 5 packs of herbs, restrict my shower for every 5 days niah.
I shower every 3-4 days. On days which I don't, I will wipe myself with boiled ginger water.
I every night before resting, wipe myself with hot water and rice wine. Even on days I showered.

Hi mummies. I am due in July. Can I check for those who has gave birth at TMC and stayed in single bedded. Did u pay for your hubby to stay with u? We don't need them to prepare food for my husband. 3 years ago they didn't charge as long as my husband don't eat their meals. Is it still the same?
Hb got companion charge with breakfast. No foc.

Wah.. U shower everyday ar. I tahan the first 10 days w/o shower and wash hair. But since start massage, I shower every morning with heater hot water and the zhong kui lemongrass shower gel w/o wash hair. My mum oni buy 5 packs of herbs, restrict my shower for every 5 days niah.

I every night before resting, wipe myself with hot water and rice wine. Even on days I showered.

Hb got companion charge with breakfast. No foc.
I can't stand the weather. I think I will get post natal depression if I don't bathe. Lol

I did my massage today at Day 10. Super painful as she said I've a lot of wind. She massaged my tummy but not the wound. Have to wrap herbs for 8hrs and no shower after massage. Now I'm binded so tightly.

My massage lady also helped to squeeze out some breast milk from bb's nipple. She said is from my hormones. Anyone heard of that?

Her umbilical cord dropped off on Day 7. My girl is now having a lot of discharge on her right eyes. Cleaning her with cooled boiled water. Just realized that my confinement lady has been using tap water to clean her eyes and tongue. need to see pd on her eye?

Im showering everyday with herbal water. Today finally washed my hair after 5 days!! Feels soooo good. My CL quite modern la, says cleanliness is more important hehe.

Abit worried for my boy cos seems like his jaundice worsening. Hopefully next wk checkup everything will be ok.

Hi my baby turning one month in 2 days time. On formula milk. Anyone experienced baby spitting up milk even after burping? Mine on and off spits but earlier on spitted quite alot so I was quite worried.

I did my massage today at Day 10. Super painful as she said I've a lot of wind. She massaged my tummy but not the wound. Have to wrap herbs for 8hrs and no shower after massage. Now I'm binded so tightly.

My massage lady also helped to squeeze out some breast milk from bb's nipple. She said is from my hormones. Anyone heard of that?

Her umbilical cord dropped off on Day 7. My girl is now having a lot of discharge on her right eyes. Cleaning her with cooled boiled water. Just realized that my confinement lady has been using tap water to clean her eyes and tongue. need to see pd on her eye?

Yes my PD also said my bb girl has breast milk from my hormone. Just need to massage, and breastmilk will come out..

My bb day 9, not yet drop.. any method to speed up?

Yes my PD also said my bb girl has breast milk from my hormone. Just need to massage, and breastmilk will come out..

My bb day 9, not yet drop.. any method to speed up?

Hi my baby's cord dropped off on day 10. On day 9, there's blood stains on her diaper where the belly button is. I happen to be brining her for PD appointment, PD clean her cord with alcohol spirit and told me it's dropping off soon so it's normal to bleed.

However, after the cord drop off, it is now blackish. Is this normal??

Back