Recommendations for breast pumps please

e_mumme

Hi mummies, any recommendations for good n portable breast pumps? low in noise too? appreciate your kind n honest comments please. Thanks

Hi mummies, any recommendations for good n portable breast pumps? low in noise too? appreciate your kind n honest comments please. Thanks
Hi,

I think most mums here opt for medela or spectra. Not sure about spectra cost and functionality.. For medela freestyle (double pumps), the bundle costs ard $699 at baby expo. Noise volume is moderate..

Think now the in thing is freemie for portable pump, but no idea how practical it works to pump on the go. If medela freestyle then swing maxi can serve the same purpose in terms of level of suction and mechanism, just then gotta pay more for the LCD screen, timer and memory buttons for freestyle.

I using medela freestyle now. Not really using hand free so far cuz only pump one side per session . Now baby 5th week and milk supply not so much. Have to use correct Breast shield else milk supply is low. I tried 24mm and 36mm finally got right size 27mm, if not Can't pump much oh

I using medela freestyle now. Not really using hand free so far cuz only pump one side per session . Now baby 5th week and milk supply not so much. Have to use correct Breast shield else milk supply is low. I tried 24mm and 36mm finally got right size 27mm, if not Can't pump much oh
27mm is L size? Wah.. thats big.. i am now using 21mm.. thinking to try 24mm and see if I have more milk..

Can we get bigger breast shield from retail shops? Or need to go hq to purchase?

Hi moms, what is the nipple size thatcame with the purchased set? Can we choose the size or need trial and error.. Coz it's quite expensive for the accessories :(

Hi moms, what is the nipple size thatcame with the purchased set? Can we choose the size or need trial and error.. Coz it's quite expensive for the accessories :(

24mm is the standard size in the set. Though there is measuring guide, but think most of the case is trial and error. Think have seen in the forum mentioned before that there is a shop selling the pumps can help your to measure and help to choose the right size.

@endi , if u unsure of size can go to the medela service ctr at toh guan they can check it for u, n aso buy on the spot if u wan.
I went to service my freestyle n checked my size. My right n left is different size! Lol. So spent quite alot on the flange.

I feel depends on ur usage, i read reviews tat if ur on exclusive pumping, best to get hospital grade pumps. I use freestyle cos i pump while on the go handsfree, be it in car or travel by plane. Spectra S9+ is really small, sound wise if less noisy den freestyle (mayb my FS v old so motor noisy). S9+ suction is gd & yield slightly more den FS, but i dun like using it dual cos not handsfree and the tubing like easily disengage. Overall S9+ is cheap n gd buy.

Comparing FS n swing, i think swing is cheaper n works great! It going for branded medela, i wld rather reco swing jus as mentioned by nvidia.

sorry mummies. but i dont understand how to use he breast shield when pumping. pls advise how it really works. thks so much

Hi all

Can someone explain what's the difference between freestyle and swing? And also is breast shield same as nipple shield?
I have an embarrassing problem..:my nipples Are pretty big and I am scared this will pose to be a major problem during bf. Read all the scary stories of moms with big nipples. Mine even before give birth is already about 28mm :(

Hi all

Can someone explain what's the difference between freestyle and swing? And also is breast shield same as nipple shield?
I have an embarrassing problem..:my nipples Are pretty big and I am scared this will pose to be a major problem during bf. Read all the scary stories of moms with big nipples. Mine even before give birth is already about 28mm :(

Freestyle - double pump, with timer, memory program, lcd screen, more expensive
Swing - single pump, simple buttons on off and adjusting power
Swing Maxi - double pump, simple buttons on off and adjusting power

Breast shield- the funnel like piece attaching to the valve parts and bottles, u put it onto you breast when pumping
Nipple shield- a silicon cover for nipples, for who people have sore nipple to use in between pumping so that it won't scratch the bra or pads. Another design is for people who have flat or inverted nipples to use as cover for latching.

I have tried Ameda dual and Unimom Allegro. Both equally good and compared to Medela, is lower in price. :)

The suction power of Ameda is pretty good ans can generate let down within a short time. Hence, able to help pump more milk. For Unimom Allegro, it is a single pump with 7 suction power to choose from. Unimom Forte is a hospital grade double pump. Allegro can be converted into a double pump, as well as a manual one. Just need to buy the accessories to convert. The Ameda tubing and pump bottle and its attachments can even be interchangeable with Unimom Allegro.

Medela is good, but price is on the higher side. Worth the investment esp if you would be pumping for more than 6 mths. :)

Back