(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Postpartum Night Sweat
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/postpartum-sweating.aspx

Seems to be longer for bf mums...

Envy u all leh...i have to latch my LO every 1.5-2hrs...she can't wait for 3hrs wor...so very taxing on me..datz why i dun have much chance to pump. So far only get to freeze 2 packs of 120ml.

Gonna start pumping and building my milk stash nx week as I'll be sending her to infant care by her 3rd month...once my mil leaves for her home this weekend. Else she kept looking and asking "so little ah" "pong nai ah" "can keep like dat?" (never ending qns...and kept looking at what I'm doing with the ebm) :cool:

My mil also used to ask tons of question..haha
Wow ur LOso fierce, keep latching, how to do other things also.?
I now so worry tat bb will be v attached n sticky to me cos when feed time = latch time again..

My mil also used to ask tons of question..haha
Wow ur LOso fierce, keep latching, how to do other things also.?
I now so worry tat bb will be v attached n sticky to me cos when feed time = latch time again..

I do when she sleeps...so everything must time very well. Latch, shower her, latch... Den i shower...handwash her laundry...latch...neverending...zzzZzzzz

Hello mummies!
I've delivered bb girl last night via c sect. Tried induce but the pain was so furious at 1cm dilation and I couldn't manage it coz can't take epi yet. Gynae also touched my belly and remarked bb is really quite big, asked again if I really wanna try natural. So hubs & I decided just c sect la.

Turns out to be a 3.7kg bundle of joy! Omg! Personally felt we made the right decision to c sect than to wait for dilation & try natural.

Congrats! Really big girl! Have a good rest in the hospital :)

Hello mummies!
I've delivered bb girl last night via c sect. Tried induce but the pain was so furious at 1cm dilation and I couldn't manage it coz can't take epi yet. Gynae also touched my belly and remarked bb is really quite big, asked again if I really wanna try natural. So hubs & I decided just c sect la.

Turns out to be a 3.7kg bundle of joy! Omg! Personally felt we made the right decision to c sect than to wait for dilation & try natural.
Congrats! N ya 3.7kg sounds diff w natural hee

My boy sneeze a lot recently. I only on the aircon 26 or 27. Is it normal for baby to sneeze a lot and can hear "phlegm" sound. Not sure is it phlegm or what.

Hello mummies!

Congratulation and rest well!

Hahhahaha.... u soo funny lah....
Actually sometimes I feel the same... just wanna box the baby if she just cldnt stop crying. At most sometimes, I just left her on the bed and let her cry. Bad ah!
Coz dunno what else wanna do, change diaper, feed, sayang2 alrdy... and still dont want to stop crying... so let her cry lah... after 2mins leaving her like that... then I'll continue to sayang2 again. Hehehe
Hehehe...Same same...pat the butt harder.. machiam whacking the butt.. kekeke.. den throw on bed walk away but crept back 1 or 2 mins later.. sayang sayang. Wahaha. Luckily my gal will help me carry at times.. and make LO sleep (although for awhile) enough time for me to cool it off. Last time my gal pat LO to sleep while I dozed off also.. den she button up my top for me as I didn't button up after I let LO latch. I feel like a cow the whole day, button and unbutton top just to let him latch. Lol

Hello mummies!

Congratulations!!!

Postpartum Night Sweat
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/postpartum-sweating.aspx

Seems to be longer for bf mums...

Envy u all leh...i have to latch my LO every 1.5-2hrs...she can't wait for 3hrs wor...so very taxing on me..datz why i dun have much chance to pump. So far only get to freeze 2 packs of 120ml.

Gonna start pumping and building my milk stash nx week as I'll be sending her to infant care by her 3rd month...once my mil leaves for her home this weekend. Else she kept looking and asking "so little ah" "pong nai ah" "can keep like dat?" (never ending qns...and kept looking at what I'm doing with the ebm) :cool:
Your MIL is curious and amazed ba.... cos she may not encounter such storage method. Cos after a 15 year old gap with my second child.. I was in awe with all different and new information for this 3rd pregnancy and delivery

@meilan28 , i only bought mini cupcakes fr sweetest moments for guest to eat during bb shower, n mil requested boxes of full mth cake so no choice ordered tgt.
Caterer i used Chilli Api, gd food, but serving too lil n the food deco v messed up (ie. never label food, used 3 table to squeeze 10 dishes)
I used to get four seasons, not bad. I heard YLS catering not bad too, but cos i need halal cert so nv tried.

@gleaflim..yes...my bb has phlegm sound too. especially obvious during his feeds..kinda worried too

I only always dig out my bb nose 'gold' ... Always so full n stuck, when he cant breathe well will b cranky n always choje on his saliver.. Nv really tk note of phlegm sound thou., later i go check

Any mummies planning a full month celebration? May I know which caterer and bakery is recommended?

Hi @meilan28, I using Hawa Catering and have been using for many occasions for wedding and other events. Quite like the food though.

For bakery, I will be using Sweetest moments cause got the special edition which is the Sheep cover! Quite cute!

Any mummies planning a full month celebration? May I know which caterer and bakery is recommended?
Neogarden group is always my prefer caterer. I short listed Lulu and Swiss Bake. Like the Lulu boxes.

Tot will hv sweetest moments discount if delivered in TMC. But Nvr found any discount voucher leh.

Preparing the full mth celebration with theme, DIY decoration and favours gifts, ordered balloons, and doing up a candy table. I got lots of excuses to go out during confinement, haha...

Btw, Metro got 20% storewide. Can go buy baby bottles, teats, pacifier etc.

This morning i start to give my girl FM. After she drank keep vomiting, i don't know if because of FM? Make me so worry and pity to see her keep vomiting.

@happy08, I had the same experience as u and furbee too. Sleep in air con but sweat especially in the middle of the night. If I don't use towel, my blanket will be wet too. After confinement, the condition better now. Not so much sweating in day n night time.

Ok so it's normal. I'm not the only one feeling the chill. My bedsheet so wet when I wake up. Every time feed bb also felt so sweaty, sticky and smelly.

Anyone go poly clinic for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 jab? When should we go?

5-in-1 (free) . Must make appt for the 2nd dose of Hep B- to be taken after bb is 1 mth old.
I nv tk 6in 1 cos need pay. Other additional jabs /oral medication needa pay..

This morning i start to give my girl FM. After she drank keep vomiting, i don't know if because of FM? Make me so worry and pity to see her keep vomiting.

Did u overfeed her? U monitor a few more feeds, if still puke maybe u can change other brand? Or even bring her to pd to check it out, cos puke too many times a day not gd!

Neogarden group is always my prefer caterer. I short listed Lulu and Swiss Bake. Like the Lulu boxes.

Tot will hv sweetest moments discount if delivered in TMC. But Nvr found any discount voucher leh.

Preparing the full mth celebration with theme, DIY decoration and favours gifts, ordered balloons, and doing up a candy table. I got lots of excuses to go out during confinement, haha...

My fren also asking me if any decoration. I was thinking if there's a need as bb also no understand..my own logic la... kekeke.. just catering and Ang Ku kueh only can do. Do u all think is Okie? Will it be too dry? What else should I include?

Anyone go poly clinic for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 jab? When should we go?

I juz scheduled for hep B 2nd dose with polyclinic...and then for subsequent jabs...the nurse will help you to schedule the nx appt.

You can call up and enquire when you shld bring ur LO. They will advise accordingly. So far I'm quite pleased with their service for my #1. Hope the standard remained the same for my #2.

Hey Mums,

Currently post partum week 3. Three quarter past my confinement now. Anyone experience sharp jabbing pain radiating from your lower back to the upper thigh? I have been having such pain since 3 days ago and have some difficulty getting out of bed, walking for long.. Not sure isit epidural or my poor posture from carrying baby and expressing bm?

Any experienced mummies can enlighten? Thanks!

Just went to PD today. Dr say baby jaundice came back. Plus his G6PD, i have to be extra careful. Dr wants me to expose my LO to sun, but there's hardly any sun in my house. MIL refused to let me bring the baby out cos she say confinement period, both mother and LO had to stay home. So means I got to expose my bb to the sun at home. My MIL say it's ok to do it at home, even if there's no direct sunlight. Sigh

I only always dig out my bb nose 'gold' ... Always so full n stuck, when he cant breathe well will b cranky n always choje on his saliver.. Nv really tk note of phlegm sound thou., later i go check

How do you dig out your bb nose 'gold'? I spotted some and I wanted to help him clear.

@jjmom I kinda agree with u. I think decor is for the guests to appreciate, unless u expecting alot of picture taking n instagraming. I am quite afraid of hassles so I think catering n giving out cakes, eggs n kueh is enough n some caterers I think can cover all aspects. I also shortlisted neogarden as quite alot of gd reviews but my hubby thinks the food bit boring. Well if I have all the time out there of coz I wish to do it nicely machiam planning a launch event that I used to do at work. But seriously who cares now when bb is my priority n feeding n looking after 24/7 is more important than anything else.

@BubsandBloms best time to sunbathe bb is to do it between 7~730am. Not too late or else the sunlight is too strong. Use a small folded towel or hanky to cover bb eyes. Just sunbathe for about 5mins or so, not too long. I'm not sure if ur house can catch the sun, if u do u can try but if not u have to bring him down. Seriously no offence but I really find some elders comments on confinement v stupid like I was telling my mum how not to touch water, no need brush teeth, wash face n wash wound meh, n look after bb. Siao one unless u like queen no need to do anything lor. I even bathe n shampooed my hair. Luckily my mum still understanding. The only challenge I have now is bb cries badly when I'm trying to latch but I couldn't latch properly n my mum nags n told me just feed FM n don't let him cry too hard etc. So I quit arguing with her n diligently hand express n pump. So long as he drinks some amount of bm no matter how much, I would then supplement with FM so as to keep everyone sane. Life goes on mummy. Cheers!

Hello mummies!

congratulation,
YES, I think you made the right decision.
Enjoy your confinement day and take good care.

Hello mummies!

congratulation,
YES, I think you made the right decision.
Enjoy your confinement day and take good care.

@BubsandBloms best time to sunbathe bb is to do it between 7~730am. Not too late or else the sunlight is too strong. Use a small folded towel or hanky to cover bb eyes. Just sunbathe for about 5mins or so, not too long. I'm not sure if ur house can catch the sun, if u do u can try but if not u have to bring him down. Seriously no offence but I really find some elders comments on confinement v stupid like I was telling my mum how not to touch water, no need brush teeth, wash face n wash wound meh, n look after bb. Siao one unless u like queen no need to do anything lor. I even bathe n shampooed my hair. Luckily my mum still understanding. The only challenge I have now is bb cries badly when I'm trying to latch but I couldn't latch properly n my mum nags n told me just feed FM n don't let him cry too hard etc. So I quit arguing with her n diligently hand express n pump. So long as he drinks some amount of bm no matter how much, I would then supplement with FM so as to keep everyone sane. Life goes on mummy. Cheers!

Thanks for the assurance. Is it necessary for him to be naked or it is ok for him to out on clothing?

@BubsandBloms , my mom aso brought my LO down to catch the sun twice a day.. Even jus mere 3mins before the sun goes away aso is helpful.. Within 1 week from 170+ dropped to 102. And can consider buying the yellow flower (forget if chinese is 'jin ying hua', something liddat) from sinseh shop to bathe baby.. Did for 3weeks till cleared the jaundice.

Haha @Skivewalker , true on the washing with water part... Imagine my mom even say cannot cut hair n nails cos will 'enter wind' .... I was like @.@"" wats got nail n wind gotto link??

Any mummies here take Fenugreek? My gynae is recommending for me to take this supplement to boost my milk production supply.
I take fenugreek. My lactation consultant has recommended me to drink this. Although there are a bit of increase in my milk supply but I think my milk supply never enough for my baby. My baby drink a lot....... and my supply never meet his demand. haishh......

5-in-1 (free) . Must make appt for the 2nd dose of Hep B- to be taken after bb is 1 mth old.
I nv tk 6in 1 cos need pay. Other additional jabs /oral medication needa pay..

Did u overfeed her? U monitor a few more feeds, if still puke maybe u can change other brand? Or even bring her to pd to check it out, cos puke too many times a day not gd!

Yeah i think i overfeed her with formula 60ml, felt so bad!

Hahhahaha.... u soo funny lah....
Actually sometimes I feel the same... just wanna box the baby if she just cldnt stop crying. At most sometimes, I just left her on the bed and let her cry. Bad ah!
Coz dunno what else wanna do, change diaper, feed, sayang2 alrdy... and still dont want to stop crying... so let her cry lah... after 2mins leaving her like that... then I'll continue to sayang2 again. Hehehe
@nazriah..... you still good only leave for 2 min. I think I dun even bother him longer than that. Especially if my baby start crying non sense. Give breast then dun want, then hug him oso dun want, check diapers nothing wet, etc. then he still keep crying, I just put him down, then go do my things or just sleep beside him. Coz very tired to entertain him oredy. If hubby around, then he will take over. If not then he will crying lor until he tired. lols......

Hi @highness, do you know where to get those DIY decoration and also those banners? My hubby wanna do it himself so see where to get them, can advise? Thanks! :)

Talk about nursing bra.. I tot i can reuse my old ones, den end up the band tight, den when boobs full the bra bcome more tight. I buy new ones den end up TOO BIG! Arrrgghhh waste money. Like so difficult get comfy n right size bras...
Any brand to intro?
@furbee, I bought Anne Matthew nursing bra and found it very comfortable. I bought it preorder during baby expo last time. Get discounted price $35 for 2 pcs. If no discount I think quite expensive around $30 per piece.

Hello mummies!

congrats happycsk!! wow.... 3.7 kg is really big baby le..... Even my baby now almost 4 weeks haven't reach that weight yet..... lols.

Thanks @mylilsheep will check out. :)

Lol, bb jus keep sucking as thou she's hungry right? My bb too.. End up also puke. Now i jus stuff the pacifier in, if he spits out means he still wan milk.. Haha. Quite smart lah kids nowadays..

Hehehe...Same same...pat the butt harder.. machiam whacking the butt.. kekeke.. den throw on bed walk away but crept back 1 or 2 mins later.. sayang sayang. Wahaha. Luckily my gal will help me carry at times.. and make LO sleep (although for awhile) enough time for me to cool it off. Last time my gal pat LO to sleep while I dozed off also.. den she button up my top for me as I didn't button up after I let LO latch. I feel like a cow the whole day, button and unbutton top just to let him latch. Lol
@jjmom, I never button up my clothes at home. Just close the nursing bra like tat. Lucky home only my hubby and mom. So I dun bother le. hahaha.....

I'm currently feeding my one week old baby approx 80ml every 2 hours approx. He's always hungry. I don't know why. Sigh. Making me very stressed. I went to PD. He asked me to increase from 60ml to 80ml de. And even so, he's still hungry. Not sure if it's growth spurt. But I'm more concern about overfeeding but PD doesn't seem to mention that.

Hi @highness, do you know where to get those DIY decoration and also those banners? My hubby wanna do it himself so see where to get them, can advise? Thanks! :)
For decorations, I really DIY myself wor. Doing bunting, tassels, raindrops to significant shower, haha..

Can try OnePartyStore, I getting my balloons from there. If u stay @ north east, there's a kidz party store at Compass point level 4. :)

@jjmom I kinda agree with u. I think decor is for the guests to appreciate, unless u expecting alot of picture taking n instagraming. I am quite afraid of hassles so I think catering n giving out cakes, eggs n kueh is enough n some caterers I think can cover all aspects. I also shortlisted neogarden as quite alot of gd reviews but my hubby thinks the food bit boring. Well if I have all the time out there of coz I wish to do it nicely machiam planning a launch event that I used to do at work. But seriously who cares now when bb is my priority n feeding n looking after 24/7 is more important than anything else.
@Skivewalker... I shortlist Fu Kwee catering. the food menu better than neo Garden after comparing. I was thinking Neo garden having SG50 bb promotion but the food quite normal. I still go back to Fu Kwee catering as we just ordered in Feb... all say food is nice..I ordered via foodline.com

@BubsandBloms , my mom aso brought my LO down to catch the sun twice a day.. Even jus mere 3mins before the sun goes away aso is helpful.. Within 1 week from 170+ dropped to 102. And can consider buying the yellow flower (forget if chinese is 'jin ying hua', something liddat) from sinseh shop to bathe baby.. Did for 3weeks till cleared the jaundice.

Haha @Skivewalker , true on the washing with water part... Imagine my mom even say cannot cut hair n nails cos will 'enter wind' .... I was like @.@"" wats got nail n wind gotto link??
Lol.. ya..I totally agree.. poo poo also need wash butt butt Mah. And I also cut bb nails.. got link with wind meh? Den nurse ask us to clean the belly button.. den will also enter wind lor?

Haiyo latching is really frustrating. Ah boy keeps falling asleep at breast, and after take him off he will search around for food again. Liddat can non stop for 1-2hrs, boring lah! So i give him fm lor, and try to pump out. Day 3 so still pitiful amt of colostrum haha! We'll see how things go, determined not to be stressed up this time over milk supply cos still got my #1. Haiz…

Haiyo latching is really frustrating. Ah boy keeps falling asleep at breast, and after take him off he will search around for food again. Liddat can non stop for 1-2hrs, boring lah! So i give him fm lor, and try to pump out. Day 3 so still pitiful amt of colostrum haha! We'll see how things go, determined not to be stressed up this time over milk supply cos still got my #1. Haiz…
ya lah no point giving urself unnecessary stress. Everyone's body is made differently so I also tell myself don't compare lor. If I got no milk no milk lor so long as my bb don't get starved can Liao. It's important we make ourselves happy. Happy mummy = happy baby!

Back