(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi Bless, esteemummy and sw33tvanilla, I have added you to the group. Please check your email and spam folders :)

Hi ladies, jus to check , do u all drink bird nest soup and brands essence of chicken ? I have not but keep hearing confusing things about them . I do know some of my frens drink them during pregnancy . Some says bird nest must buy from reliable seller else may not be genuine stuff .. How about those bottled types?

Hi ladies, jus to check , do u all drink bird nest soup and brands essence of chicken ? I have not but keep hearing confusing things about them . I do know some of my frens drink them during pregnancy . Some says bird nest must buy from reliable seller else may not be genuine stuff .. How about those bottled types?
I take eu yan seng concentrated bottled birdnest everyday.. just one spoonful every night. Can finish one bottle in about a week time. just bought dried birdnest yesterday too.. hopefully can last till Oct.

I never take the bottled chicken essence.. I make my own with kampong chicken once a week. Birds nests abit too expensive to keep taking regularly but when I buy I prefer to get those without other additional stuff like American ginseng coz my gynae never confirm with Chinese herbs can take which needs to avoid so to be safe I never take any totally..

Anyone encounted 'cold shiver attacks' at wee hours of the night? Usually happened when im in deep slp and all a sudden, I shivered uncontrollable. Like someone poured a bucket of ice water on me. I had 4 episodes last n this month. Nose bleeds same no of times. :(

Anyone encounted 'cold shiver attacks' at wee hours of the night? Usually happened when im in deep slp and all a sudden, I shivered uncontrollable. Like someone poured a bucket of ice water on me. I had 4 episodes last n this month. Nose bleeds same no of times. :(

I had that once or twice in the first trimester. Have you checked with your gynae? My gynae said it might be due to how our body reacts to the pregnancy hormones. However, if yours happens frequently, it would be best to check.

did not have the cold shiver attacks but keep having leg cramps that are really bad...

I had that once or twice in the first trimester. Have you checked with your gynae? My gynae said it might be due to how our body reacts to the pregnancy hormones. However, if yours happens frequently, it would be best to check.

Thanks for sharing babe, at first i brushed it off, thinking, I am just really cold. But after a couple of times, i will bring it up to my gynae when i see him this wk.

I never take the bottled chicken essence.. I make my own with kampong chicken once a week. Birds nests abit too expensive to keep taking regularly but when I buy I prefer to get those without other additional stuff like American ginseng coz my gynae never confirm with Chinese herbs can take which needs to avoid so to be safe I never take any totally..

I take the bottled chicken essence and also birds nest. My Gynae said ok to take. But don't take stuffs with ginseng in it as it's not good for pregnant women. I went to Eun Yan seng to buy some prenatal packaged soup and the sales assistant also confirmed that ginseng can't be taken. :) hope this helps. I try and take bottled birds nest twice a week.

I ve been takin chicken essence from 1st trim till now... sometime 3 4x a week.. not exactly regular as some weeks i nvr drink. I jus started my 1st birdnest- bottled n dry in my wk 17. Goin to continue as weekly once affair. Heard can help with mummy's complexion as well... not too sure. Though google says birdnest has no scientific bemefits for pregnancy

Any one experience swelling of legs around 20 weeks ?
For my first pregnancy , my swelling of hands and feet occurred after 30 weeks .. Due to water retention. I'm currently at 18 weeks, so far Okie. Maybe can consult your Gyne if the swelling is quite bad.

I take the bottled chicken essence and also birds nest. My Gynae said ok to take. But don't take stuffs with ginseng in it as it's not good for pregnant women. I went to Eun Yan seng to buy some prenatal packaged soup and the sales assistant also confirmed that ginseng can't be taken. :) hope this helps. I try and take bottled birds nest twice a week.
Maybe I'll try the bottled bird's nest from eu Yan Sang too. Will check to make sure not too sweet too:D

I ve been takin chicken essence from 1st trim till now... sometime 3 4x a week.. not exactly regular as some weeks i nvr drink. I jus started my 1st birdnest- bottled n dry in my wk 17. Goin to continue as weekly once affair. Heard can help with mummy's complexion as well... not too sure. Though google says birdnest has no scientific bemefits for pregnancy
Any idea what is the purpose of chicken essence in pregnancy ? Anybody know how to boil chicken essence using chicken ? My Fren said to boil by myself but I don't know how to .. Maybe I try to google too

Any idea what is the purpose of chicken essence in pregnancy ? Anybody know how to boil chicken essence using chicken ? My Fren said to boil by myself but I don't know how to .. Maybe I try to google too
I don't know how to boil. Hehe but I have one in the morning as it makes me less tired. :) I don't have it very often though.

Maybe I'll try the bottled bird's nest from eu Yan Sang too. Will check to make sure not too sweet too:D
Hehe ya you can go check it out but don't have it too often as I heard it's not too good for the baby. Everything in moderation. ;) you can buy the prenatal packaged soup from there as well and cook it yourself at home. :)

Any mummies start to buy steriliser already? Is that necessary item ah? Saw lots of discounts at various place like Metro, kiddy palace and mothercare but confused amongst various brands. And duno if buying now is too early ..

Hehe ya you can go check it out but don't have it too often as I heard it's not too good for the baby. Everything in moderation. ;) you can buy the prenatal packaged soup from there as well and cook it yourself at home. :)
Oh, it is not too good for baby ah? Then maybe don't take liao .. I think jus eat healthy n take gyne's prescribed pills should be good enough ba:)

Hello bellebaby, i follow instructions from this link. Think I got it from may 2015 mommies forum.. Usually I will go to those Supermarket that has the chopping service, and ask them to help me chop the chicken into half and then into small pieces. I'll use half a chicken to yield one bowl (chinese rice bowl) of chicken essence and keep the other half frozen for next week. I also blanche the chicken in boiling water first and drain the water to remove any blood before I put it to steam.

http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/

I encountered about 3 times this preg and twice in my first preg. I read some forums the cold shivers may be due to low blood sugar. Helps to eat some crackers before sleeping.

Hello bellebaby, i follow instructions from this link. Think I got it from may 2015 mommies forum.. Usually I will go to those Supermarket that has the chopping service, and ask them to help me chop the chicken into half and then into small pieces. I'll use half a chicken to yield one bowl (chinese rice bowl) of chicken essence and keep the other half frozen for next week. I also blanche the chicken in boiling water first and drain the water to remove any blood before I put it to steam.

http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/

Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Anybody sleeping on their left already? The guides I read says it's not good to sleep on your back after wk 20..and sleeping on the left (why left?) gives more blood to u and the baby.. I'm still alternating between right and left though..and sometimes still on my back for a short while.

Anybody sleeping on their left already? The guides I read says it's not good to sleep on your back after wk 20..and sleeping on the left (why left?) gives more blood to u and the baby.. I'm still alternating between right and left though..and sometimes still on my back for a short while.
I've been sleeping on my sides (particularly left side) since I BFP .. Used a pillow to support my back to prevent me from rolling back to my back. Also as tummy gets bigger , uncomfortable to sleep on my back . Sleeping on left side is more preferred as it brings better blood flow and nutrients to the baby . My hubby bought the huge U-shaped pregnancy pillow for me and it is so good that I have a good sleep ever since every night. It supports my back and I have the pillow support between my legs too to release pelvic pressure . But pillows can do the trick too ., jus that it is so comfortable that nowadays I use it every night :)

No problem! Oh ya the other thing I do is I will put in fridge overnight then skim the jellied fats layer before reheating it for consumption.. Else ask the supermarket to skin the chicken.
Thanks so much :) the recipe link that U sent is so detailed:) very useful :)

Side track for thoSe of you who travel to and from work via public transport, do you experience people giving up seats to you? So fAr, the ones who surprisingly give up their seats to me are men and not women. The latter would rush for the priority seats instead. So frustrating

Side track for thoSe of you who travel to and from work via public transport, do you experience people giving up seats to you? So fAr, the ones who surprisingly give up their seats to me are men and not women. The latter would rush for the priority seats instead. So frustrating

Guess its the norm. So far only once someone gv up his seat to me :(
I do get stare from passengers sometimes but they nv gv up their seats..or mayb they r wondering if i'm fat or pregnant..Lol..

Hihi, anyone start looking for confinement lady?? I guess I'm those last min mummy?? First time mum who feeling helpless and ignorant.. :(

Hihi! due on oct 9th and v excited to know my bb gender the nxt chkup.
been choosing which hosp to deliver and sign package for checkup now, kinda headache.
my baby bump is not big and i tend to sleep facing down(anybody also have the habit of body facing down and sleep?)
but i always wakeup to the side of my body LOL

Pls add me into the fb grp too, [email protected]

Back