(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mums,

My bb is going to 4 weeks soon, due to her jaundice's yellowish still not subside, PD suggested to feed her formula milk for 3 days. I feed her with Similac Neosure milk powder, then she got constipation.

If I feed her with breast milk, she will be bloated and need to take colic medicine.

If I feed her formula milk, she will be constipated, the stool very hard with abit blood.

What should I do? :(

My only concern is that once I start bottle feeding, he will not want to latch ever again. :(

Also, another concern is that although I let him latch 15 mins per breast, i don't know how much milk that it, but my lactation consultant tell me not to exceed 15 mins per breast. But it appear my LO is always hungry even after latching.
initial stage of latching, it takes a while for the baby to get use to the momentum of latching. you might need to carry him with 1 hand and use another hand to "stimulate" pumping process . this also help to empty the breast totally. when i was in the hospital, my hb help me with the pressing of the breast..very painful but it empty the breast and the baby is drinking better. once he is older, he can latch better and he empty my breast better than any brand of pump. now i understand why they say my baby is the breast pump ever. usually cos they are very young so they take longer to latch but once they use and better at it, is quite fast. they latch 15 mins , the breast immediately will be soft again

u can try alternate. i let him drink bottle in the night and DL in the morning. i express the milk at night and also feed him at intervals cos my full breast milk only comes in once every 6 hrs ma. so in between need to bottle feed lo. bo bian.

Hi mums,

My bb is going to 4 weeks soon, due to her jaundice's yellowish still not subside, PD suggested to feed her formula milk for 3 days. I feed her with Similac Neosure milk powder, then she got constipation.

If I feed her with breast milk, she will be bloated and need to take colic medicine.

If I feed her formula milk, she will be constipated, the stool very hard with abit blood.

What should I do? :(
try to feed alternate. BM and FM. BM will make their stools soft and they poo more. sometimes when they feed on BM, immediately they poo liao. i am feeding fisco gold which their milk texture is similar to breast milk. so far is ok for him.

after feeding, do remember to burp them to remove the air they get from drinking. cos open n close mouth confirm got air go in even how good the bottle is.

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope tomorrow can pick baby up already.
Yes, actually, I wanted to try Total BF, but on the day when I receive news about the G6PD and Jaundice, nurses and gynae advised me to switch to mixture of BF and Formula Milk. So now, I'm doing it, cos they said Jaundice baby are weaker and dehydrate easier. And today, since i'm separated from LO, he's on Total Formula for today. Tomorrow, hopefully when I pick him up, he will return to Total BF.

I have a question however, I am down with flu. Am I still able to BF my LO? Is it safe?
I have been sick before, during and after delivery. PD encouraged me to continue to bf even Im having fever cough and runny nose. She mentioned baby can develop immunity and gets stronger. my baby is total breast fed

Ok. Maybe i should try.

And also, for example, I warm a milk which I express and he didnt finish. If that's the case, can i put it back to the fridge for next feed? And if yes, can i mix it with milk from other date/timing?

Also, is it ok to let my newborn LO sleep though the night if he can, or I should still stick to 3 hourly routine feed?
when i was in the hospital, i accidentially let my LO sleep through the night and the LC scold me. she say if like that, he will suffer from dehydration and sleeping through the night at this age is also no good. so must wake him up to feed. but now he auto, 3 hrs he will wake up to drink liao

cannot mix the milk once is warm and cannot put back the fridge once is warm too. what you can do is warm abit by abit (maybe 30-40ml first), if not enough then warm abit more. dont waste the milk le.

Just called singhealth and nhgp group of polyclinics to try securing an apptmt date for babygirl's 2nd dose of hep B. The earliest date is in July, which is past her one month mark. Isit ok to give her the jab in july? I was hoping for second week of june.. Alternatively will be go to my pd at gleneagles for the jab...

Ya is ok to go late for jab, maybe max like 3-4weeks late (rarely happens aso unless bb is sick so cant tk jab).

@Twirlycandy @Vinka i normally use the 16weeks ML to stock up the supply before start work. So once start work i can reduce to 3x a day pump n have enuff rest. I tink i have lots of milk ducts leh, so easily blocked..
Cannot stress when pump or bf, cannot c the amount aso, if not sure 'stress'. Like newbiemum80, i aso feel having enuff rest is the key to produce more milk. No one method works for all, only have to keep working hard to pump..
We all continue to support one another.. Gambateh~

A lil personal question.

When do you first have sex after delivery?

I heard frm my ML for malays is normally after 100days right?
My gynae previous say after fully heal, which i think 6-8weeks. But for me i tink best to wait longer till uterus back in shape, n feel more 'energised'.. Hehe.

Wat bout u @nazriah ?

Hi mummies, Mothercare is having GSS sale from tmr (29 May) onwards to 26 July. There are a couple of breast pumps on sale. You may want to check it out. So sian....2 weeks ago I bought a Unimom pump at $179.10 (with member discount) & now GSS price of the same pump is $149! Argh. But then, that day I needed a pump badly la. Cannot wait.
@yew yew.. u bought unimom forte?

Exclusive pumping will still have milk flow, no worries. I pumped for my #1 for 1.5yrs never latched at all. Downside is when engorged or blocked ducts at underarm take longer time to clear...other than tat i was able to even pump 3x a day each time 600-900ml.

@momocrv , hope bb can discharge tdy. Ur bb 28 Apr de...?
I tink as long fever dont go up, and bb able to nurse well n not cranky will be able to discharge. Dont worry too much, u rest while u can too... Take gd care
@furbee...600∼900ml each time!!!:eek:
I only manage the most 90ml (this morning for the first time coming 4 weeks)..LOL..else.. 60ml also hard to squeeze out at times

Never hear abt the 100days before. 44days yeah lah... definitely not 100.

Still have yet to have sex yet. Today is 60days after delivery. I still dont have the urge yet. Like feel scared also have. Dunno scared for what also.

Maybe still feel uncomfortable, and the trauma of being pregnant again scares me. Husband been initiating, but I kept telling him am not ready. For now he can still understand, and I do hope he'll understand all the way lah. But pity him also sometimes.

Sigh....

Never hear abt the 100days before. 44days yeah lah... definitely not 100.

Still have yet to have sex yet. Today is 60days after delivery. I still dont have the urge yet. Like feel scared also have. Dunno scared for what also.

Maybe still feel uncomfortable, and the trauma of being pregnant again scares me. Husband been initiating, but I kept telling him am not ready. For now he can still understand, and I do hope he'll understand all the way lah. But pity him also sometimes.

Sigh....
Last time heard gynae say better wait 6 weeks after delivery. Anyway, also worry abt tearing it.. must get in right mood else confirm pain...like a virgin.. Wahaha

I think I last one
Hahahahahahah mayb mine become June baby cos gynae say 31st induce if these few days no sign yet

i am preparing to check myself into hospital in a few hours time....feel quite funny to send myself into hospital and welcome the labor pains.
I'm 39 weeks + 6 days today and gynae plan to have baby out by exactly 40 weeks tmr. I'm hoping induce labor don't fail me and I can have my baby girl tomorrow morning.
The pelvic pain and stretched belly pain is really getting too much for me these few days.

Wishing you good luck - hope you go into spontaneous labour soon before 31st!

Actually haf to start somehow.. N 1st time may nt succeed, cos it might be pain. Tks some time... I rem my #1 time took 4 attempt. Lol.

@jjmom i really a cow.. Now can feed 2 of my kids leh. :D

Btw... my bb having problem sleeping during the day.. he will sleep in my arms and whenever I place him down on bed, he will wake up. Must craddle and sleep. Kinda frustrating as I can't do much. Night time will not be a problem. Only wake up to drink milk and back to sleep. I suspect he sleeps better with me by his side...

@yew yew.. u bought unimom forte?

Nope. I bought Unimom Allegro#. And silly me just realised today that my supposedly single Allegro pump can act as double pump too. Just need to buy additional breastshield kit. Really silly. To think I wanted to source for another brand of dual pump! Luckily I found out now.

Re: sex after delivery, I think my hubby wants but I have no mood leh. Not tired..just no mood. Lol.

My gynea told me to have sex 1 month after delivery. He said don't just only busy take care of baby but must take care hubby too haha..
After my post natal check this monday and gynae said my stitches have dissolved and lochia is tapering off, hubby was quite happy as he sees this as a green light to start getting intimate again. But i am afraid of infection as there is still some lochia and i dont feel good not being able to shower everyday (confinement woes), hence rejected him for sex.. So we settled for 'other means' :p if not really quite poor thing lah..

After my post natal check this monday and gynae said my stitches have dissolved and lochia is tapering off, hubby was quite happy as he sees this as a green light to start getting intimate again. But i am afraid of infection as there is still some lochia and i dont feel good not being able to shower everyday (confinement woes), hence rejected him for sex.. So we settled for 'other means' :p if not really quite poor thing lah..
My hubby also asking when can we start.. kekeke.. but Hor... now he sleeps in the living room cos his snoring wakes bb up.
Btw.. is this room private or public can view our conversation??

Seems like exclusive express feeding is feasible. That's very encouraging and thank you all mummies for sharing the experience.

I have no choice as my nipples start to sore and become so painful. Main reason however is the fact that my baby always feels hungry and crying after BF, and I always don't know how much he is 'sucking' to gauge if he's having enough or not.

For now, I'm pumping every 3 hours during day time and for night time, i'll rest.

I don't hv the time to pump.. bb keeps crying for craddle or suckle and doesn't wanna sleep during the day. I wanna box him so much

Seems like exclusive express feeding is feasible. That's very encouraging and thank you all mummies for sharing the experience.

I have no choice as my nipples start to sore and become so painful. Main reason however is the fact that my baby always feels hungry and crying after BF, and I always don't know how much he is 'sucking' to gauge if he's having enough or not.

For now, I'm pumping every 3 hours during day time and for night time, i'll rest.

Sometimes when bb dint latch properly, they wont b able to drink full. I also duno if my bb latches correctly anot, cos he nv empty it fully, n also will have sores.

I don't hv the time to pump.. bb keeps crying for craddle or suckle and doesn't wanna sleep during the day. I wanna box him so much

Lol, at least he slp at night right? Lol mine day time zzzz like no body business, everyone so busy must still carry him. Opposite. But i also wan box him! Dont need envy, its all part of give and take.. I lose out the time spent with my other kids, jus to pump.. They always complain say no time to play, or go out. Den when go out either need rush home or will need bring LO end up also spend more time with LO n not the big ones...

Hahhahaha.... u soo funny lah....
Actually sometimes I feel the same... just wanna box the baby if she just cldnt stop crying. At most sometimes, I just left her on the bed and let her cry. Bad ah!
Coz dunno what else wanna do, change diaper, feed, sayang2 alrdy... and still dont want to stop crying... so let her cry lah... after 2mins leaving her like that... then I'll continue to sayang2 again. Hehehe

Talk about nursing bra.. I tot i can reuse my old ones, den end up the band tight, den when boobs full the bra bcome more tight. I buy new ones den end up TOO BIG! Arrrgghhh waste money. Like so difficult get comfy n right size bras...
Any brand to intro?

Hello mummies, trying to catch up the conversations.

I have given birth to bb girl on 21 May via c sec. Cervix was not dilating on week 39 and reduced fetal movements. All is well n back home already. Doc's skills was very good and I don't need any painkillers from day 3 onwards.

Bb was latching every 2-3 hrs in hospital. Had bad engorgement on day 4. Luckily the nurse helped me to reduce the engorge. Super painful. After we came home, bb was lazy to suck. After 10 mins, she started dozing off and has to do ways n means to make her suck another 10 mins. Sometimes, she still cries after that cos still hungry. No such prob in hospital. Now I supplement with formula at night and I pump out to keep for next day. Each pump are 15 mins and yield 25ml in total. Confinement lady keeps saying I no milk which is irritating. Well I try my best to give whatever Amt of breast milk I can followed by formula to keep her full.

I have been sweating a lot ..... At night I on air con and cover with blanket. Whole body all wet but my arms are cold. Cold to extent that I don't want to get out of blanket to off my alarm. Anyone experiencing that?

@happy08 , i had the same experience of slping in aircon and feeling real cold! Sweat in aircon, but still cold with blanket. I tot cos i din bathe for the 1st 5days..den when i start bathing, it still happens. I was thinking maybe is the confinement food that i take, makes my inner body warm i suppose.

Dont mind what ur Cl says, jus continue to feed wit what u can supply to bb. Thats gd enuff ! :) and also congratz on ur newborn! Rest well and eat well..!

Talk about nursing bra.. I tot i can reuse my old ones, den end up the band tight, den when boobs full the bra bcome more tight. I buy new ones den end up TOO BIG! Arrrgghhh waste money. Like so difficult get comfy n right size bras...
Any brand to intro?

@furbee I got them from q010 cause can't go out so just do online shopping nonstop though... Heehee trial and error with different types cause got top clip and those with centre cleverage open and etc...

But the downside is quite small in size and trying all different sizes.

Any brand to intro?
Spring maternity bamboo bra not bad leh. Soft & airy, Cheap and good. Can buy online too.

@happy08, I had the same experience as u and furbee too. Sleep in air con but sweat especially in the middle of the night. If I don't use towel, my blanket will be wet too. After confinement, the condition better now. Not so much sweating in day n night time.

Spring maternity bamboo bra not bad leh. Soft & airy, Cheap and good. Can buy online too.

I bought 3 bras from spring online too. all 3 also too big... Faintz.. Waste my $ haha. But the design is really nice .. Maybe will buy other size to try.. Hope can fit too..

My 2 girls i pierced ard 2-3mth old. #1 did at Neptune clinic (at clementi) #2 did at bedazzled (very exp IMO)

I swear I'm going bonkers. Not sure if LO is going through grow spurts. Although he's 6 days old, but he's showing all the signs of the grow spurts. His intervals for food has gone from 3 hourly feed to 2 hourly. And getting all cranky and fidgety for no good reasons. =(

Btw, is hiccups a sign of needing you to burp him?

@BubsandBloms , i not sure if hiccups need to burp, but my LO standard 1 day 3x will hiccups, since i was preg till now. Sometimes will leak or spit milk when hiccup comes. Best is to burp after every feed. R u still latching or bottle feed? Maybe bb not having enuff? Try increasing another 15ml to see if he can tahan till 3 hr?
Try to stay sane, relax breathe..get ur hubby to help u to pacify baby? U need more rest during this confinement...

@furbee I try to burp after every feed. I am no longer latching, but just bottle feed - express milk, not formula though. Currently, the milk that I'm feeding is approx 58ml, for 6 days baby. I'm going to increase it to 65ml when he turns 7 days.

Yea, hubby also helped quite abit. Esp for the swaddling part which I cannot make it. LOL.

By the way, can breastmilk mixed with formula milk for feeding? Cos my output is starting to lose to his demand.

@BubsandBloms I'm feeding 60ml to 65ml too for each feed. It's a mixture of 10~15ml bm and 50ml FM. I am also experiencing bb getting hungry at a shorter interval. Was initially 3h now it can be 2~2.5h interval. I think bb gets hungry faster with bm.

Yeah I think bb can digest bm faster than fm. My bb tends to get hungry easily with bm. She is 7 days old and alrdy taking 70ml average. I also mix bm and fm but soon hopefully can do full bm. Still trying my best.. :)

Last edited:
Hello mummies!
I've delivered bb girl last night via c sect. Tried induce but the pain was so furious at 1cm dilation and I couldn't manage it coz can't take epi yet. Gynae also touched my belly and remarked bb is really quite big, asked again if I really wanna try natural. So hubs & I decided just c sect la.

Turns out to be a 3.7kg bundle of joy! Omg! Personally felt we made the right decision to c sect than to wait for dilation & try natural.

Hello mummies!
I've delivered bb girl last night via c sect. Tried induce but the pain was so furious at 1cm dilation and I couldn't manage it coz can't take epi yet. Gynae also touched my belly and remarked bb is really quite big, asked again if I really wanna try natural. So hubs & I decided just c sect la.

Turns out to be a 3.7kg bundle of joy! Omg! Personally felt we made the right decision to c sect than to wait for dilation & try natural.

Congratulations! !
Rest well!

Postpartum Night Sweat
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/postpartum-sweating.aspx

Seems to be longer for bf mums...

Envy u all leh...i have to latch my LO every 1.5-2hrs...she can't wait for 3hrs wor...so very taxing on me..datz why i dun have much chance to pump. So far only get to freeze 2 packs of 120ml.

Gonna start pumping and building my milk stash nx week as I'll be sending her to infant care by her 3rd month...once my mil leaves for her home this weekend. Else she kept looking and asking "so little ah" "pong nai ah" "can keep like dat?" (never ending qns...and kept looking at what I'm doing with the ebm) :cool:

Back