2016/01 Jan Babies

Aww don't worry - I went through the same! My LMP I thought I was 5 weeks when I went to the doc and the scan didn't show anything and he said the same - either early or warned about ectopic. Turns out I was only 4 weeks pregnant at that time. Even with regular period, I apparently ovulated late so it just might be too early to detect. Hope the blood tests show a good rise in hcg. I waited for two weeks after that just to make sure I waited enough. And as hoped, we saw the baby and heartbeat! Hang in there!
I'm not sure if my ovulation went bonkers because I was on the pill before that. I stopped the pill since Dec and my period was all over the place for 3 months. Only in April it went back to 29 days and in May...found out I'm pregnant. I really hope it's due to early-ness. Can only pray for the best now. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!

dear, dont worry k? Cos base on Last menstrual period might not be very accurate. If you ovulate late, you might only be in your 4th week. If this is the case, then very difficult to detect anything.
All will be well. :)
Thanks baybeez...I also hope that all will be well. I'm so paranoid that I bought a bunch of pregnancy test kits to test everyday. The blue positive line has grown darker since the first time I took (last thursday 21/05). Hope this is indeed a positive sign.

Thanks for the advice! Actually I thought of seeing KKH first (under subsidized) then switch to Pte gynae halfway at about 20 weeks.

But like you've mentioned, it's my first pregnancy and I should probably give the best for lil' one! :) Am now considering to see Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia :D
Hi, what a coincidence! I've gone to see Dr Ho last week. Saw the sac but he wants to see the fetal pole so going to see him again next week.

Thanks baybeez...I also hope that all will be well. I'm so paranoid that I bought a bunch of pregnancy test kits to test everyday. The blue positive line has grown darker since the first time I took (last thursday 21/05). Hope this is indeed a positive sign.

Hey mummysayang, don't worry too much! I was 5 weeks 4 days when I went for my transvaginal scan cos I was bleeding. Doctor also said no yolk sac found, he didn't mention anything about mc or ectopic, only say to take the medication he gave me (progesterones) to stabilize the pregnancy cos I was bleeding, and wait for a few weeks to go back for review and scan again. :)

To be honest, I'm also anxious and think of all the negatives. What if no yolk sac, what if no heartbeat etc etc etc. But my parents have been most encouraging and hubby most supporting. What God gives you, no one can take away.

I'm 8 weeks today, puking a lot like more than 8 times a day. My "morning sickness" doesn't start in the morning. It just comes like a combo hit right about 7pm onwards. Continuous non stop, no matter what I eat or drink, it'll just come out. And I get dizzy spells which is quite bad.

Anyway, booked an appointment with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC in two weeks' time! By then I'll be 10 weeks and hopefully heartbeat and all are there already.

Stay positive!! :D

Hi, what a coincidence! I've gone to see Dr Ho last week. Saw the sac but he wants to see the fetal pole so going to see him again next week.

Cool! Actually after some research and friends recommendation, I'm thinking of going for Dr Kenneth Edward Lee @ Mount Alvernia. Probably going to call his office tomorrow to make an appointment :)

So excited! I'm in my 8th week and a teeny weeny bump is showing! :D

Hey mummysayang, don't worry too much! I was 5 weeks 4 days when I went for my transvaginal scan cos I was bleeding. Doctor also said no yolk sac found, he didn't mention anything about mc or ectopic, only say to take the medication he gave me (progesterones) to stabilize the pregnancy cos I was bleeding, and wait for a few weeks to go back for review and scan again. :)

To be honest, I'm also anxious and think of all the negatives. What if no yolk sac, what if no heartbeat etc etc etc. But my parents have been most encouraging and hubby most supporting. What God gives you, no one can take away.

I'm 8 weeks today, puking a lot like more than 8 times a day. My "morning sickness" doesn't start in the morning. It just comes like a combo hit right about 7pm onwards. Continuous non stop, no matter what I eat or drink, it'll just come out. And I get dizzy spells which is quite bad.

Anyway, booked an appointment with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC in two weeks' time! By then I'll be 10 weeks and hopefully heartbeat and all are there already.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. My mum and hubby are also very supportive. But as a first time mother to be, I'm worried about almost everything. I'm actually trying to see if my abdominal cramp is more to one side to brace myself if doctor says it's ectopic. And with every discharge, I will also get paranoid to see if I'm bleeding. :(

I'm glad to know alls well with you. I hope and look forward to reaching your stage too!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. My mum and hubby are also very supportive. But as a first time mother to be, I'm worried about almost everything. I'm actually trying to see if my abdominal cramp is more to one side to brace myself if doctor says it's ectopic. And with every discharge, I will also get paranoid to see if I'm bleeding. :(

I'm glad to know alls well with you. I hope and look forward to reaching your stage too!

Hi Mummysayang! Like what the others have said, yours could have been due to late ovulation therefore still too early to see something.

This is my #1 pregnancy as well, I've been having abdominal cramp and some scary stabbing pains on one side too. I was so worried that it's ectopic and was seriously thinking of nothing but the worst. Just did my first ultrasound scan @ 6 weeks, we saw a sac and a tiny heartbeat flashing away on the screen!

I know it's easier being said than done, but try not to worry or read into things too much!

Hi Mummysayang! Like what the others have said, yours could have been due to late ovulation therefore still too early to see something.

This is my #1 pregnancy as well, I've been having abdominal cramp and some scary stabbing pains on one side too. I was so worried that it's ectopic and was seriously thinking of nothing but the worst. Just did my first ultrasound scan @ 6 weeks, we saw a sac and a tiny heartbeat flashing away on the screen!

I know it's easier being said than done, but try not to worry or read into things too much!

Nods nods nods I am also experiencing some abdominal discomfort. Not sure if it's normal but yea also short burst of pain sometimes.

Person Already Invited
The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group.

Pls check ur email. Or ur Facebook setting.
Person Already Invited
The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group.

Pls check ur email. Or ur Facebook setting.

Hihi Bibiaiai!! I PMed you my email for Fb group. Can add me please? Thank you so much for your effort!!!

Hi Flobbet! Thanks for encouraging me! I agree, worrying less is easier said than done. I'm trying to distract myself with work and watching comforting movies when I'm home. I'm dreading this weekend as my hubby has to work and my mum is on vacation. :(

Happy to know that your baby is looking well at 6 weeks! I hope I wld get a different, and more positive, scan result next Tuesday. For now, I'll leave it at the hands of God. He knows best.

Hi Flobbet! Thanks for encouraging me! I agree, worrying less is easier said than done. I'm trying to distract myself with work and watching comforting movies when I'm home. I'm dreading this weekend as my hubby has to work and my mum is on vacation. :(

Happy to know that your baby is looking well at 6 weeks! I hope I wld get a different, and more positive, scan result next Tuesday. For now, I'll leave it at the hands of God. He knows best.

Mega hugs to you. Be positive and don't let stress affect you ok? They say stress hormones is not good especially during first trimester. Will be praying for you!!!

Mega hugs to you. Be positive and don't let stress affect you ok? They say stress hormones is not good especially during first trimester. Will be praying for you!!!
Thanks, dear! Prayers to you too! I'm so glad I joined this forum. So many encouraging mothers around! I feel so much better today, with everyone's kind words! Thanks everyone! :)

Hi all!

I just went for my gynae appt this morning and could see heartbeat :)

Had a miscarriage last year (blighted ovum) so hopefully this round things will turn out fine.

EDD mid Jan. I've PM bibiaiai my email addy. Hope to chat on the fb group with u girls soon!

Hi, I'm 7 weeks this week and also feeling nausea all the time. It gets worse the moment my stomach is empty. At least yours starts in the evening, mine lasts the entire day. Feel hungry want to vomit, eat too full also want to vomit. In the end, only can eat so little. Already lost 2 kg over the last week!

Hi mummies to be!

Anyone is in their 8th week and has a slight bump already? I just checked out some of the pregnancy apps; my lil bean is supposed to be the size of a strawberry but I feel like it's the size of an apple already! :(

Hi, I'm 7 weeks this week and also feeling nausea all the time. It gets worse the moment my stomach is empty. At least yours starts in the evening, mine lasts the entire day. Feel hungry want to vomit, eat too full also want to vomit. In the end, only can eat so little. Already lost 2 kg over the last week!

I haven't been feeling very nausea (some wanting to, and a few actual throwing up here and there) but my appetite is pretty weak especially during dinner time :(
To think that one week ago, I was feeling hungry almost the entire day and can eat just about anything. It all changed 360 degrees! I want my giant appetite back ... :oops:

I haven't been feeling very nausea (some wanting to, and a few actual throwing up here and there) but my appetite is pretty weak especially during dinner time :(
To think that one week ago, I was feeling hungry almost the entire day and can eat just about anything. It all changed 360 degrees! I want my giant appetite back ... :oops:

it's the hormones going mad...best to keep eating small meals. I'm like super hungry but then eat a bit full liao...don't eat also cannot like want to faint and stomach feels sick at the slightest hunger. It's kinda crazy.

Hi mummies to be!

Anyone is in their 8th week and has a slight bump already? I just checked out some of the pregnancy apps; my lil bean is supposed to be the size of a strawberry but I feel like it's the size of an apple already! :(

It's probably the gas that makes you feel bloated unless you are having a fantastic appetite..hehe

Hi Ladiessss,

Hope all of you are fine! I'm new here and the thread is very interesting to read ;) My EDD is 26 of Jan using the pregnancy calculator. I will be going to Poon's clinic at hougang ave 1 later today to do my very first check up. I'm considering to deliver at Mount Alvernia due to good reviews online. Gynae I shortlisted is Dr Claudine Tan. Unfortunately, she will be on a long break in June and will only be taking apt in early July. All slots from now till July is booked!

Experiencing some symptoms already,
  • Cramps that comes and go and last for a few seconds
  • Dizzy at times and cant stand strong men's perfume
  • Sensitivity at the chest area
  • Peeing more than usual!
Let's keep updating each other and rest as much as possible :D

Hi all, just found out that I'm pregnant a couple of days back. According to my last period calculation, EDD should be 6th of Jan and am in the 7 weeks.

I was sick since late April having flu, cough, fever and because I couldn't cough out my phlegm properly, there will be times that I will vomit out. I was about to recover last week when I caught another bout of flu. From the time I fell sick again, I didn't have much appetite but felt constantly hungry. My period was late for March, came only on 1st April so thought that it might be delay again due to sickness, didn't give much thought about it until I walked into foodcourt and the overwhelming of food smell caused me feel like vomiting immediately, only then I suspect that I'm pregnant.

I'm a first time mom and seriously, I wasn't well prepared neither do I know what should I do now except to make an appointment with gynae for a checkup. Called up quite a number of gynaes at TMC but appointment dates were too far away, have to wait till mid or 3rd week of June. Yet at the same time, the receptionists kept mentioning that it will be too late if I come in mid of June which I'm sorry, I have no ideas what do they mean about it. Can I just walk in to any of the women's clinic near my place to go for a scan first and do a blood test then make an appointment for the gynae in mid June? Blood test is being insisted by hubby as his colleague's wife had 2 miscarriages previously so hubby is rather worried.

All of a sudden it became very stressful, trying to find the right gynae or even finding a gynae who can slot me in asap. Can anyone advise me of what to do now? Thanks!!

It's probably the gas that makes you feel bloated unless you are having a fantastic appetite..hehe

HAHA I do admit that I've passing out a bit more gas than usual (sorry TMI!), but other than, the "bump" feels rock solid. As for appetite, I'm eating as usual -
Breakfast: Sometimes I skip because by the time I wake up, it's lunch haha
Lunch: Usual portion
Dinner: Usual portion
Supper: Sometimes fruits, sometimes chips, sometimes ice-cream.. but all these are what I usually do even I was even pregnant lol! :D

Hi all, just found out that I'm pregnant a couple of days back. According to my last period calculation, EDD should be 6th of Jan and am in the 7 weeks.

I was sick since late April having flu, cough, fever and because I couldn't cough out my phlegm properly, there will be times that I will vomit out. I was about to recover last week when I caught another bout of flu. From the time I fell sick again, I didn't have much appetite but felt constantly hungry. My period was late for March, came only on 1st April so thought that it might be delay again due to sickness, didn't give much thought about it until I walked into foodcourt and the overwhelming of food smell caused me feel like vomiting immediately, only then I suspect that I'm pregnant.

I'm a first time mom and seriously, I wasn't well prepared neither do I know what should I do now except to make an appointment with gynae for a checkup. Called up quite a number of gynaes at TMC but appointment dates were too far away, have to wait till mid or 3rd week of June. Yet at the same time, the receptionists kept mentioning that it will be too late if I come in mid of June which I'm sorry, I have no ideas what do they mean about it. Can I just walk in to any of the women's clinic near my place to go for a scan first and do a blood test then make an appointment for the gynae in mid June? Blood test is being insisted by hubby as his colleague's wife had 2 miscarriages previously so hubby is rather worried.

All of a sudden it became very stressful, trying to find the right gynae or even finding a gynae who can slot me in asap. Can anyone advise me of what to do now? Thanks!!

Oh dear, please take care!

Well, it's my first pregnancy too and though I'm as lost, I'm quite surprised to find myself being very chill about the whole matter.

Like what you've mentioned, I guess you can walk into any of the women's clinic and just do the necessary checkup; making sure that you and the little one is all good. Get some vitamins like Folic, Iron etc from the doctor as well.Once that's done, you can then slowly research on your desired gynae in Mid June.

Speaking of gynae, I just made an appointment with Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mount Alvernia for 4th June (next week). If you have no one in mind yet, maybe you can give his clinic a call?

Hi Ladiessss,

Hope all of you are fine! I'm new here and the thread is very interesting to read ;) My EDD is 26 of Jan using the pregnancy calculator. I will be going to Poon's clinic at hougang ave 1 later today to do my very first check up. I'm considering to deliver at Mount Alvernia due to good reviews online. Gynae I shortlisted is Dr Claudine Tan. Unfortunately, she will be on a long break in June and will only be taking apt in early July. All slots from now till July is booked!

Experiencing some symptoms already,
  • Cramps that comes and go and last for a few seconds
  • Dizzy at times and cant stand strong men's perfume
  • Sensitivity at the chest area
  • Peeing more than usual!
Let's keep updating each other and rest as much as possible :D

Hello @Lulu_gal , I'm considering to deliver at Mount Alvernia too; mainly because of the good reviews and because I was born there haha!
My symptoms are like yours, occasional cramps, frequent urination, and very sore and painful ( . ) ( . )
Even hubby commented that they feel fuller than usual :p

You can check online and proceed to book at a clinic in neighbourhood estate first. More likely they will have slots available. Or you may choose to go to polyclinic and get a referral to KK or SGH but waiting time might be long too. Its good to go for your first check up to get the medication required from my understanding :) prices can be steep, so you might want to shortlist a few and call to check the price for consultation and scans. I believe most packages start at 20 weeks. Im also looking if any starts from 12 weeks as one of my friends who gave birth 3 years ago told me that was her package.. Now its so expensive compared to 3 years ago! So do some research and most info can be found online. Don't worry about finding the right gynae as you are able to change to a doc you're comfortable with later on. Important is to get your first check up so that you will know your progress and don't feel so anxious and worried.

Hello @Lulu_gal , I'm considering to deliver at Mount Alvernia too; mainly because of the good reviews and because I was born there haha!
My symptoms are like yours, occasional cramps, frequent urination, and very sore and painful ( . ) ( . )
Even hubby commented that they feel fuller than usual :p

Hi Grace,

Hehe good to know symptoms are similar. Let me know how your checkup goes and if your doc offers any packages :) My check up was fine. Did a V scan and already booked another check up in 2 weeks. Doc said will monitor and hopefully can hear heartbeat the next round! I would like to recommend Dr Poon. I felt comfortable with him, friendly and jokes a little. Very patient and explains everything well. He wasn't rushing thru the check up and most importantly he made me feel at ease. Nurses are nice and package starts from week 14. Price wise was a bit higher than expected for today but I guess it's pretty much the cost comparing around. Ladies, no lifting of heavy weights/loads and don't over exert yourself too.

Actually how to see our edd? Frm the last mense date or thru the scanning from doctor?
You can check your EDD by using the first day of your last period menses. Can just google pregnancy calculator and select the date it will tell you your EDD :D

Hi everyone, I'm new here. First time mummy.

Got a BFP on Mother's day, which was awesome. Went for a scan at 4w 6d and only saw a small glimpse of the pregnancy sac. Went back earlier this week for 6w5d scan we got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.

Another scan scheduled in 4 weeks.

Currently, I'm 7w along, puking almost every day (mostly around dinner time). Sneezing a lot (anyone else has this?) and always bloated/gassy.

EDD is 14th Jan.

Please add me to the FB group at [email protected]

hello! I just tested positive! 2 days overdue. so should be about 4w now. my 2nd baby. edd shld be early feb but i think most likely Jan baby. so shld i join jan or feb group huh?! :p

anyway can just add me to the fb group? [email protected] thanks!

Oh dear, please take care!

Well, it's my first pregnancy too and though I'm as lost, I'm quite surprised to find myself being very chill about the whole matter.

Like what you've mentioned, I guess you can walk into any of the women's clinic and just do the necessary checkup; making sure that you and the little one is all good. Get some vitamins like Folic, Iron etc from the doctor as well.Once that's done, you can then slowly research on your desired gynae in Mid June.

Speaking of gynae, I just made an appointment with Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mount Alvernia for 4th June (next week). If you have no one in mind yet, maybe you can give his clinic a call?
You can check online and proceed to book at a clinic in neighbourhood estate first. More likely they will have slots available. Or you may choose to go to polyclinic and get a referral to KK or SGH but waiting time might be long too. Its good to go for your first check up to get the medication required from my understanding :) prices can be steep, so you might want to shortlist a few and call to check the price for consultation and scans. I believe most packages start at 20 weeks. Im also looking if any starts from 12 weeks as one of my friends who gave birth 3 years ago told me that was her package.. Now its so expensive compared to 3 years ago! So do some research and most info can be found online. Don't worry about finding the right gynae as you are able to change to a doc you're comfortable with later on. Important is to get your first check up so that you will know your progress and don't feel so anxious and worried.

At first when I found out that I'm pregnant, I'm quite chilled about it. Think it was because couldn't fix an appointment for it and hubby was rather worry about me since I'm still sick and to make things worse, I'm a smoker. I'm trying my very best to quit now. Kind of like a difficult time for me.

He managed to fix an appointment for me today at TMC. Just hope that everything will be fine. As for gynae, I'm still "shopping" for it. Have no idea that visiting a gynae will be so costly and so many choices to make. I'm also wondering which hospital should I choose as quite alot recommended TMC as affordable. I'm living at Woodlands, seems like every gynae is very far.. Haha..

Well, got to see what is the outcome for today before further research in finding a gynae.

Please add me in FB! [email protected]

At first when I found out that I'm pregnant, I'm quite chilled about it. Think it was because couldn't fix an appointment for it and hubby was rather worry about me since I'm still sick and to make things worse, I'm a smoker. I'm trying my very best to quit now. Kind of like a difficult time for me.

He managed to fix an appointment for me today at TMC. Just hope that everything will be fine. As for gynae, I'm still "shopping" for it. Have no idea that visiting a gynae will be so costly and so many choices to make. I'm also wondering which hospital should I choose as quite alot recommended TMC as affordable. I'm living at Woodlands, seems like every gynae is very far.. Haha..

Well, got to see what is the outcome for today before further research in finding a gynae.

Please add me in FB! [email protected]
I smoke too.. trying my best not to think of it!

Is everyone here going to TMC? Anyone at NUH?

The husband and I went to the polyclinic and got a referral to NUH for fertility treatment (ttc for a 1.5yr and no success). Does anyone know if NUH will assign you a gynae or will you just get whoever is on duty?

Hello all mummies! I'm new here.

Had my first appointment with the gynae this week and did a vaginal scan, saw the fetal pole, yolk sac and heartbeat! Initially, I thought EDD was 22 Jan (based on LMP) but doctor says its more likely to be 16 Jan instead after doing the scan. Not sure what went on there, possibly because I have a short cycle or miscalculated.

Will be going to a different gynae at week 8. Still shopping for gynaes. If anyone has recommendation for gynaes who are pro natural, no epidural, pro breastfeeding, and no episiotomy, easy to contact for questions, please let me know! Will come back with my reviews of the gynaes after the appointments.

Anyway, the first gynae I saw has prescribed 5 milligrams of folic acid but I read that the RDA for pregnant women is only 600 micrograms. So I called the clinic to ask and the assistants said this is just the amount the doctor always prescribes. As far as I know, I am not a high risk pregnancy case. Does anyone here know why we would need 5mg? I noticed that it has made my morning sickness worse, and I also read that too much folic acid may have other side effects. I was taking Blackmores Pregnancy multivitamin which provides 500mcg of folic acid(daily).

wah this morning my stomach suddenly very pain, scare me sia. but after i went to the toilet to poo, feel better. so shld be ok?

anyone with Dr Phua at Kovan here?

Back