Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I was never told is flexible cuz they always said die die is cd 18. They didn't even let me stop taking it a day early when I complained of bad side effects

Oh..ya I still start on day18,think this a standard..jus tt extended the cycle...by 5 days more...still fine for me coz my normal cycle length is 32-35days...

Mayb bcoz still likely to accommodate to Prof schedule?if he's out of office a few times for the month then is not likely le...coz actually my stim starts on 18th so first baseline scan Prof not ard...I dun mind though for 1st scan...but subsequently I hope n wish for him to b ard...:D
Hmm not sure leh... but if touch wood I fail this cycle I'll definitely make sure they accomodate me for his schedule in subsequent cycles

Hmm not sure leh... but if touch wood I fail this cycle I'll definitely make sure they accomodate me for his schedule in subsequent cycles

Touchwood touchwood!u will get ur bikini....I'm sure if ur cycle can accommodate prof's schedule..they will help to arrange de...they really pro n nice one...May n Jun pretty unlikely...he's almost out of office almost 3 weeks each mth...:)

Wow...we(veraine,u n me) r all together...baseline check on 23rd, 25th n 26th...22nd onwards Prof is ard...u r good...1st baseline check is fine de I suppose..as long as ur protocol is written on ur records...I took a look at wat's written on mine...very clearly written 112.5iu gonalF,centrotide, suprefact trigger...:D;)
Yeah yeah 3 of us together :)

I reminded him of my over reaction to 50 units during IUI.. So he put down 112.5 for me also

Ya lor. The longer the cycle the heavier the period.. My period already heavy to start off with normally :(

Heavy periods imply that you always have a thick and cosy lining ready for your embabies every month ;)

Now I see the advantage of doing a medicated IUI before IVF. You get to know how your ovaries react to the simulation hormone before IVF.

My IUI was a natural one without simulation hormone, so my doctors got a shock when my ovaries over-reacted with 40 follicles. When there are too many follicles, the egg quality drops. :( For my next fresh cycle, I would definitely ask for a lower hormone dose. :)

Yeah yeah 3 of us together :)

I reminded him of my over reaction to 50 units during IUI.. So he put down 112.5 for me also

Wah...even start dose the same.. I also over-reacted last fresh...but when I was on super low dose for IOO Fet...no reaction at all...my window is really tight....:(

Wah...even start dose the same.. I also over-reacted last fresh...but when I was on super low dose for IOO Fet...no reaction at all...my window is really tight....:(
Actually I think that's the lowest dose u can start cuz he put me on that too. End up follicles still sleeping haha

Heavy periods imply that you always have a thick and cosy lining ready for your embabies every month ;)

Now I see the advantage of doing a medicated IUI before IVF. You get to know how your ovaries react to the simulation hormone before IVF.

My IUI was a natural one without simulation hormone, so my doctors got a shock when my ovaries over-reacted with 40 follicles. When there are too many follicles, the egg quality drops. :( For my next fresh cycle, I would definitely ask for a lower hormone dose. :)

I was on clomid when doing iui...so also no historical trend to refer to on 1st fresh...
Yeah man...I asked Prof do i hav a problem with the quality of my embiess?he said very likely high arrest rate can b bcoz of overstim affecting quality of embiess...so striking a balance to get good numbers very impt....

Pray for a good number...no need giv me 30...pls....i can share half with low AMH lady...then 2 ladies will b happy...pls pls...:oops::rolleyes:

Actually I think that's the lowest dose u can start cuz he put me on that too. End up follicles still sleeping haha

Better to sleep first n wake up fast later I realized...u hav good number ya?...Coz too many right at the start means bye bye ET alr...n uncontrollable alr...can't make them disappear..very scary...machiam like popcorn...pop pop pop out...:(...n quality affected some more...

Better to sleep first n wake up fast later I realized...u hav good number ya?...Coz too many right at the start means bye bye ET alr...n uncontrollable alr...can't make them disappear..very scary...machiam like popcorn...pop pop pop out...:(...n quality affected some more...
Hahaha you always have very funny analogies!

And pop corn quite apt. Mostly air inside. :(

Actually end up i only tfer 1 and freeze two so is not a lot leh but I'm contented

Hahaha you always have very funny analogies!

And pop corn quite apt. Mostly air inside. :(

Ya hor:mad::(...I hate popcorns...Lol
My body starts to pattern pattern alr....I'm spotting liao n is mid cycle...last mth was totally fine...needs to call chr tmr liao...ta-da...presenting the problem kid...again..hehe

Yup the other 5 were below avg so no freeze

I asked Prof my previous failures cld it b due to embiess coming from the same batch?...so same poor quality...answer is unlikely..coz as long as they survived, they r healthy...the strongest survive ya....u hav 3 warrior embiess...1 in u...;)

:(

spotting stop liao?

Haven leh...I hav called Chr,waiting for nurse to get back...jus wan to get the green light to proceed with duphaston on 2nd...is my common problem,mid cycle spotting..on time without fail,it will show up unless i ovulate nicely that cycle...:)

Haven leh...I hav called Chr,waiting for nurse to get back...jus wan to get the green light to proceed with duphaston on 2nd...is my common problem,mid cycle spotting..on time without fail,it will show up unless i ovulate nicely that cycle...:)
Actually is quite normal leh I tot is a sign of ovulation

I have that mid cycle spotting also ... I'm always looking out for it ...

Asked gynaes and my GP before ... gynaes so far no one answered the possible cause of it, but unlikely it's ovulation cos it lasts for days, but my GP said it could be because my progesterone low

I have that mid cycle spotting also ... I'm always looking out for it ...

Asked gynaes and my GP before ... gynaes so far no one answered the possible cause of it, but unlikely it's ovulation cos it lasts for days, but my GP said it could be because my progesterone low

u also pcos ya?...they usually dun conclude without further diagnosis...cld b anovulation hence low progesterone, they work hand in hand...cld also b luteal defect, poly/fibroid...I was sent for hysteroscopy, found a small poly n removed alr..mid cycle spotting still there...so highly possible is anovulation when I cross check with my bbt...

Is not a major issue coz the jabs n med can help...as long as hormones med working for me, it dun show up...else it will show up on time..

N I also spot for days one...o_O

Last edited:
Sometimes when I look back..I find it funny...my mid cycle spotting is so timely that I can predict when it is coming...I can predict if I will spot or nt that cycle once scanning starts...bbt also shows alot

Timely,repetitive strong trend for the wrong things....hehe...:D:rolleyes:

u also pcos ya?...they usually dun conclude without further diagnosis...cld b anovulation hence low progesterone, they work hand in hand...cld also b luteal defect, poly/fibroid...I was sent for hysteroscopy, found a small poly n removed alr..mid cycle spotting still there...so highly possible is anovulation when I cross check with my bbt...

Is not a major issue coz the jabs n med can help...as long as hormones med working for me, it dun show up...else it will show up on time..

N I also spot for days one...o_O
Yeah, PCOS ... u/s very "nice" looking clusters ... so far no cyst/fibroid, everything normal except AMH high and progesterone low

my bbt also distinctly bi-phasal, whether or not i have spotting ... not like yours can predict heh

about 10 years ago, my af didn't come for about half a year, but i was regularly spotting haha

Yeah, PCOS ... u/s very "nice" looking clusters ... so far no cyst/fibroid, everything normal except AMH high and progesterone low

my bbt also distinctly bi-phasal, whether or not i have spotting ... not like yours can predict heh

about 10 years ago, my af didn't come for about half a year, but i was regularly spotting haha

Woo....almost exact case as me leh...:rolleyes:

So u are all pte patients? Cos actually, I never chose to go pte, still considered subsidised... So I have never seen prof since he met us to approve that we can go ahead with ivf.

Went clinic g today to confirm next step of action. Apparently, I can go right into my next fresh if we choose to. But dr lim advised not to, so next cycle then start nore. So will be following instructions, looking at starting stims in end July.

Am so tempted to book hols for Japan end of the year. But oso concerned if get preggie, maybe should not go Japan? But should live life a moment at a time and not make plans around something that is not confirmed right? I'm so torn...

So u are all pte patients? Cos actually, I never chose to go pte, still considered subsidised... So I have never seen prof since he met us to approve that we can go ahead with ivf.

Went clinic g today to confirm next step of action. Apparently, I can go right into my next fresh if we choose to. But dr lim advised not to, so next cycle then start nore. So will be following instructions, looking at starting stims in end July.

Am so tempted to book hols for Japan end of the year. But oso concerned if get preggie, maybe should not go Japan? But should live life a moment at a time and not make plans around something that is not confirmed right? I'm so torn...
Hmm personally I would never go Japan until I'm done with having kids. Not to scare u but I heard horror stories due to the radiation... maybe they are urban legend but I'd never risk it

Hmm...seems like u noe wat u wan alr...jus tt u wan some assurance...lol...personally,I wont go as long as I'm ttc(totally aligned with chloeng)...b it hear-say stories or nt, I will want to protect my body in this ttc stage..
Is ur personal choice ultimately...:D

Hehe, guess I am looking for assurance... Actually, another concern is also financial wise... We gotta come up with abt $4k cash for next fresh, so should probably not go...

It's not my first. Did once already, and had another aborted fresh... Also did frozen once. So used up a fair bit of medisave, next round will need a lot more cash.

It's not my first. Did once already, and had another aborted fresh... Also did frozen once. So used up a fair bit of medisave, next round will need a lot more cash.
All at NUH? Why did the other fresh get aborted? Anw... good luck to u ya! U have us all for company!

Yah, all at nuh. E fresh got aborted cos only 1 gd sized follicle on left ovary; right ovary has a smaller 1. If continue stims, dr cannot guarantee tat right side can catch up and left side won't be overly ripe. So advised to stop stims so as to cut losses, haha...

Yeah man...this journey is no joke...not only mentally, emotionally taxing....financially it's like turning on a tap...let's hope we can turn off this running tap asap.. :D

Chr nurse helped us to run a sanity check on Medisave bal for art...hehe...no joke, b4 we realized alr deducted ~$10k...n that's on top of the cash payment fet cycles...n med from pharmacy,additional op/checks/tests....I dun wan to go n calculate the cash payments...no eyes see....n b4 I realized...this coming fresh is my 9th cycle....:confused:o_O:eek:

Yeah man...this journey is no joke...not only mentally, emotionally taxing....financially it's like turning on a tap...let's hope we can turn off this running tap asap.. :D

Chr nurse helped us to run a sanity check on Medisave bal for art...hehe...no joke, b4 we realized alr deducted ~$10k...n that's on top of the cash payment fet cycles...n med from pharmacy,additional op/checks/tests....I dun wan to go n calculate the cash payments...no eyes see....n b4 I realized...this coming fresh is my 9th cycle....:confused:o_O:eek:
Huh u did 9 cycles? Fresh + frozen?

Huh u did 9 cycles? Fresh + frozen?

Oppz..typo..coming one my 8th cycle.
Did 7 alr...I thot I did only 5 or 6 until I saw my records in Chr...yeah,fresh + frozen....with only 2 ETs proceeded, the rest all aborted...a few of them jabbed until cd16-18 then aborted...

Last edited:
Oppz..typo..coming one my 8th cycle.
Did 7th alr...I thot I did only 5 or 6 until I saw my records in Chr...yeah,fresh + frozen....with only 2 ETs proceeded, the rest all aborted...a few of them jabbed until cd16-18 then aborted...
Wow... ur really a fighter man... amazing. So all the aborted cycles never use the govt grant but can use medisave?

Wow... ur really a fighter man... amazing. So all the aborted cycles never use the govt grant but can use medisave?

Ya lo,aborted ones din use govt grant..initially can use medisave but I think there's a new policy some time after Aug if I din rem wrongly...started to pay cash for aborted cycles..coz any fet cycle that do not proceed with ET cannt make use of medisave...o_O:rolleyes:

went for prof's seminar yest ... he made quite a number of references to the "chat forum" and how we get our info from "chat forum" :D hubby and i felt that he said it with disdain hahaha

but it was informative nonetheless ... and saw a much lighter side of him hehe ... and saw him without bow tie too!

went for prof's seminar yest ... he made quite a number of references to the "chat forum" and how we get our info from "chat forum" :D hubby and i felt that he said it with disdain hahaha

but it was informative nonetheless ... and saw a much lighter side of him hehe ... and saw him without bow tie too!
Remember the day we met, I somehow showed him this forum from my phone and he went thru a few posts. When I left, Sharon ran after me to ask me how to search for it.. Guess prof asked her to do so

Back