Dr Charles Lim Mt E

Hi tweetyphy,

how many cycles you tried for plan A? i guessed because you told him you don't want to drag any further , that's why he agreed that you should proceed to ivf because the success rate is much higher than his plan A (10 %- 15%). For younger couples, he may suggest try few more rounds of plan A. during your first visit, maybe he thought you don't want to jump to last resort -ivf and wanna try your luck with plan A first.

i am also thinking proceed to ivf if i failed maybe another 2 cycles of plan A. btw , how is your NUH ivf? Why you choose NUH rather than KKH?

Hi Joyce

I tried 2 times only. The 2nd time I took clomid only. Because the 1st time I took clomid 50mg + 4 gonal f but...... egg size still not ideal. I scanned after 1st clomid and I still pin hope on gonal f will further improve on the egg size but to my disappointment it did not really grow much.... N the 1st treatment caused my period to delay and I telephoned the nurse... asked if fertility drugs I took will cause any delay? Her reply is no. N u could b pregnant. (-.-) llll Errr... I know it is impossible due to the egg size... ovulation test kit I been testing... I waited and it came 4 days late....

I seen another doctor and she cfm that clomid will possible cause period delay and I told her my period is so short after the treatment... 3 days only. Then she told mi it's the drugs that caused it.... N don't need to worry... After some discussion... she told mi to just take clomid for the 2nd cycle.. This time 100mg without the jab then see how I respond... Confirmation at doc lim clinic... good size egg... doc lim advised us to try on that night as it will burst anytime alrd... we BD once that cycle... failed again... sometimes it is not easy to get hubby to "co-operate"... talk about the feel they need to have before we start working on it...

I think ppl who go for fertility treatment won't wish to delay any further alrd... I choose NUH bcos I follow my feel... also I think there will be less crowded.. I don't like to Q n wait too long, waste time... that's also one of the reasons I would prefer private doc over public... less crowded means more attention n care will be given, I hope so. If private can guarantee higher success rate...... I would rather go for it then the govt grant..... but... too bad.... seems like sucess rate depends on many things too.... :)

Hi gals

Took me quite a while to decide to share this here. I hope I not sabotage here.

After all the good reviews (the few girls who started this thread), I am very motivated and was full of positive thinking I will success under him just like the few girls who started this thread.

I have failed plan A treatments.

The last visit, I shared with him I do not wish to drag any further and thinking to proceed to NUH for IVF. Without thinking, he encouraged me to go for ivf instead. He mentioned things like my age issue and hubby sperm issue, and he can recommended me doctor in the NUH. I replied him I already gotten referral letter from polyclinic. I asked him if NUH good? His replies was everyone is the same. Even he is the same. This statement he was frank enough I would say. Thinking about it, it is true that almost all doctor use the same fertility treatment - clomid, some with added gonal f.........

I am thinking if he really think my age and sperm issues are problem in getting pregnant base on plan A (clomid + gonal F), then why he let me try... since it will not going to sucess in the more 'natural' way. Shld have just ask me take up ivf in public hospital during the 1st visit....

Anyway i do not have any hard feeling against him too...

:)
Hi Tweetphy,

Ya I think all treatment is the same.. Same drugs same equipment...different will be his skill set...cause of his experience.....I am much older than you... I don't even know I have thyroid problem till Dr lim send me for checking. He solve the root cause of my weight. Than my follice respond better in size after thyroid medicine. That y I have confident in him and will stay with him till I success.
Most of the Dr out there are too young to have experienced enough to cover all area of possibilities. Let's jiayu together and achieve our dreams together.

Hi Joyce

I tried 2 times only. The 2nd time I took clomid only. Because the 1st time I took clomid 50mg + 4 gonal f but...... egg size still not ideal. I scanned after 1st clomid and I still pin hope on gonal f will further improve on the egg size but to my disappointment it did not really grow much.... N the 1st treatment caused my period to delay and I telephoned the nurse... asked if fertility drugs I took will cause any delay? Her reply is no. N u could b pregnant. (-.-) llll Errr... I know it is impossible due to the egg size... ovulation test kit I been testing... I waited and it came 4 days late....

I seen another doctor and she cfm that clomid will possible cause period delay and I told her my period is so short after the treatment... 3 days only. Then she told mi it's the drugs that caused it.... N don't need to worry... After some discussion... she told mi to just take clomid for the 2nd cycle.. This time 100mg without the jab then see how I respond... Confirmation at doc lim clinic... good size egg... doc lim advised us to try on that night as it will burst anytime alrd... we BD once that cycle... failed again... sometimes it is not easy to get hubby to "co-operate"... talk about the feel they need to have before we start working on it...

I think ppl who go for fertility treatment won't wish to delay any further alrd... I choose NUH bcos I follow my feel... also I think there will be less crowded.. I don't like to Q n wait too long, waste time... that's also one of the reasons I would prefer private doc over public... less crowded means more attention n care will be given, I hope so. If private can guarantee higher success rate...... I would rather go for it then the govt grant..... but... too bad.... seems like sucess rate depends on many things too.... :)

hi tweetphy,

i totally understand you. Just do monitor your mucus when you only take clomid. clomid's side effect is it may cause thicker cervical mucus. Good cervical mucus should be thin, egg-white, and slippery. That is why clomid + injection is better combination.

Hi gals

Took me quite a while to decide to share this here. I hope I not sabotage here.

After all the good reviews (the few girls who started this thread), I am very motivated and was full of positive thinking I will success under him just like the few girls who started this thread.

I have failed plan A treatments.

The last visit, I shared with him I do not wish to drag any further and thinking to proceed to NUH for IVF. Without thinking, he encouraged me to go for ivf instead. He mentioned things like my age issue and hubby sperm issue, and he can recommended me doctor in the NUH. I replied him I already gotten referral letter from polyclinic. I asked him if NUH good? His replies was everyone is the same. Even he is the same. This statement he was frank enough I would say. Thinking about it, it is true that almost all doctor use the same fertility treatment - clomid, some with added gonal f.........

I am thinking if he really think my age and sperm issues are problem in getting pregnant base on plan A (clomid + gonal F), then why he let me try... since it will not going to sucess in the more 'natural' way. Shld have just ask me take up ivf in public hospital during the 1st visit....

Anyway i do not have any hard feeling against him too...

:)

Tweetphy, I share your sentiments. But I guess docs will try to do a non invasive treatment first and if all else fail, then procceed to IVF. Actually this journey is all about luck and timing and like wat dr lim always emphasize, you have to keep trying and trying and not give up. There are also cases where everything seems unfavourable to the couple but they conceived naturally! Oh, not sure if you are aware, if you are gg ahead with ivf at NUH, do get all your reports from dr lim. He will also write a memo for your new doc's record like what treatment u received under his care etc. He doesn't charge for it btw. HTHs!

Angiebee, my menses are very regular, I m not overweight nor hairy. But dr lim say I have pcom. After taking metformin for 1st time, my menses was delayed for 5 days... But nurses say it will not cause delay. De lim say it's cos my pcom is starting to manifest now. But frankly speaking I find it a disbelief and so weird... I'm not sure if u girls have the same feeling as me.
I been to see prof Wong last time, but he didn't say I got pcom nor pcos. Dr lim says tAt time dun have, but this time have...

Angiebee, my menses are very regular, I m not overweight nor hairy. But dr lim say I have pcom. After taking metformin for 1st time, my menses was delayed for 5 days... But nurses say it will not cause delay. De lim say it's cos my pcom is starting to manifest now. But frankly speaking I find it a disbelief and so weird... I'm not sure if u girls have the same feeling as me.
I been to see prof Wong last time, but he didn't say I got pcom nor pcos. Dr lim says tAt time dun have, but this time have...
Hi Jasumine, thanks for sharing....I am on the heavy side and always can't slim down no matter what I do and hard I work out. He say weight will affect the follicle quality. He say I have pcom based on small follicle. Only 1 symptoms that y call pcom... if hairy and irregular period will call Pcos. I also ask him before i have seen so many Dr but non told me this. His explain was cause they too young, nowadays pcom is not part of their training in school. My last Dr was Ann Tan. She also no mention pcos or pcom to me before.

Hi Jasumine, thanks for sharing....I am on the heavy side and always can't slim down no matter what I do and hard I work out. He say weight will affect the follicle quality. He say I have pcom based on small follicle. Only 1 symptoms that y call pcom... if hairy and irregular period will call Pcos. I also ask him before i have seen so many Dr but non told me this. His explain was cause they too young, nowadays pcom is not part of their training in school. My last Dr was Ann Tan. She also no mention pcos or pcom to me before.
Hi angiebee, same here i got regular period. Not hairy as well. 1 year back, after I have few month try to conceive but doesn't success I went to see doc. The 2 doc I visit they mentioned I got pcos. I don't trust them cause I don't have much symptoms. I even request to do blood test to verify. after few round of trying still no good news then i start worry. My weight suddenly gone up after i try to conceive and I think this is one of the symptom. I went to see dr lim and his explanation is clearer compare to the other gynae I have seen. He say i now pcom stage, not pcos yet. That y not much symptom and blood test also can'tell. , I choose to believe him and now I in plan A2.

hi all, I am new here. I have a question. not sure whether anyone could help. I was diagnosed with PCOM and given metformin. I went to do some reading. I don't have diabetes but not sure why I was given metformin. Is anyone having the same problem as me? thanks in advance.

hi, i am new here too.

Thots.. on your first visit they would have given you a clear folder, there's an article inside explaining why pcom requires metformin. You can refer to that.

Can i know if there are success stories under Dr Charles Lim recently?
My last cycle A1 i took 50mg clomid from d3 to d7 N 3 gonal f shots from d8 to d10 but i dont think i ovulated as my Opks are negative throughout. Anyone had the same experience?

This cycle Im thinking of asking for a hcg injection. Has anyone taken hcg shot before? Will that ensure ovulation? Thanks in advance

I had 2 gonal shots. Refused the 3rd shot cos my tummy already cramping and I got positive ovulation kit. Now in 2ww. Fingers crossed!
Wish u all have luck too.

I had 2 gonal shots. Refused the 3rd shot cos my tummy already cramping and I got positive ovulation kit. Now in 2ww. Fingers crossed!
Wish u all have luck too.
hi littlebowpeep,

wah! you only took 2 gonal shots then got positive OPK. i had more than 10 shots this cycle and still no positive OPK.
anyway wish you good luck!!!

hi all, I am new here. I have a question. not sure whether anyone could help. I was diagnosed with PCOM and given metformin. I went to do some reading. I don't have diabetes but not sure why I was given metformin. Is anyone having the same problem as me? thanks in advance.

i also got pcom and i have been taking metformin for a year plus.

hi littlebowpeep,

wah! you only took 2 gonal shots then got positive OPK. i had more than 10 shots this cycle and still no positive OPK.
anyway wish you good luck!!!
Hi Joyce,

Last month I took 2 gonal f (alternate day) got positive also. But this took 3 (continuously) no positive opk. Dr lim give me another 3 jabs.

thanks wishingwell

any effect so far? joyce_joyce?

need to take that many jabs?

i only have some hot flashes in the afternoon. no other side effect. but it depends on individual. some ppl may feel like vomiting all the day.

No of jabs you need also depends on how your body react to the injection.
This cycle i got > 10 injection , in the end my period came one week early. i don't why. just feel all my money wasted.

Joyce_joyce 10 shots still no positive opk?
I feel upset for u too. I thot more shots will ensure ovulation n planning to have more injections this month. sighs..

Really hope we all get our bfps soon

i only have some hot flashes in the afternoon. no other side effect. but it depends on individual. some ppl may feel like vomiting all the day.

No of jabs you need also depends on how your body react to the injection.
This cycle i got > 10 injection , in the end my period came one week early. i don't why. just feel all my money wasted.

I would feel upset too.
I am going to see Dr Charles Lim for the second time this Saturday. not sure whether my test results would be out.

Hi ladies,
Im new here and is currently on A1 plan but have been trying with other dr for quite some time already. like many of u here Dr charles diagnosed me with Pcom too. :(

Anyone did the Hsg test? Can I check at which stage of point u gers decide to go for the Hsg test? Isit painful?

hello all, I was given medication for my menses to come because of my irregular menses then duinum to take during day 2 of my menses onwards.

I was told to call back for an appointment on Day 7.

would there be a jab on Day 7?

Hi ladies,
Im new here and is currently on A1 plan but have been trying with other dr for quite some time already. like many of u here Dr charles diagnosed me with Pcom too. :(

Anyone did the Hsg test? Can I check at which stage of point u gers decide to go for the Hsg test? Isit painful?

hi b3lieves,

i decided to do hsg test when i failed A3. my personal feeling is it is not painful.

hello all, I was given medication for my menses to come because of my irregular menses then duinum to take during day 2 of my menses onwards.

I was told to call back for an appointment on Day 7.

would there be a jab on Day 7?

hi thots,

i think it is depends on how big is your egg by D7.

Hi thots, i guess you are in the same situation like me, i was told I had PCOM although both of other senior docs I been before didn't say anything about that. On metformin daily now and was told to take duinum from day 2 to day 7 , my day 2 will be tomorrow.
I actually still confuse with his plan A , does that mean only take duinum? cos that is the only medicine given by him,
what is the injection you all girls took for? to increase the size of the egg or speed up the ovulation ? I should have ask more questions when I saw him that time sigghhh .

Hi thots, i guess you are in the same situation like me, i was told I had PCOM although both of other senior docs I been before didn't say anything about that. On metformin daily now and was told to take duinum from day 2 to day 7 , my day 2 will be tomorrow.
I actually still confuse with his plan A , does that mean only take duinum? cos that is the only medicine given by him,
what is the injection you all girls took for? to increase the size of the egg or speed up the ovulation ? I should have ask more questions when I saw him that time sigghhh .

Hi Yukiari,
The injection if I remember correctly is gonal f . ....u can do some research on that. Did dr ask u to see him on 7th day?

Hi b3lieves, thks yeah he asked me to see him on D7. Slight issue is because we plan to do IUI but hubby need to travel so guess I will ask him if I can just do plan A but without speed up the ovulation so that when hubby back , I still have time to BD
I just did my HSG 3 weeks ago , i paid directly to the lab cost me $244, not sure how much it cost if you get the form from Dr Lim clinic though.
just relax and you wont feel any pain, just abit of discomfort

hi Yukiari

I wasn't told by the previous doctor too but that was a few years ago. i gave up the last time then now decided to try again. I hope I have enough perseverance. I took clomid the last time though, not duinum.

Hi all,

Been a silent reader. I visited dr lim for 2 cycles, found out that I have PCOM... Both cycles successfully ovulated, but not successful. My husband was sent to SA and results showed that he has low normal morphology. We are only 26, but we have been trying for 10 months. Husband has the impulse to go for Ivf. Have any had similar experience?

Hi all, dr Lim asked me to start on plan a (start on clomid etc ) if i do not have babies within 6 months. However my menses r always regular & i do ovulate each month (thru bbt, opk) n the last time i visited dr lim, he scanned n could see the follicle etc. So i am wondering how will plan A help as i read that clomid etc was to induce ovulation I should have clarified more with dr lim when i was there but just wondering if anyone knows? Thanks!

Read most of you are taking jab on plan B. Did anyone had plan B without jab? coz he did not prescript me with any jab.

I am starting plan B tomorrow, Dr Lim is giving me medicine to take on D2 to D6 but not clomid or Duinum, can't remember the name but he mentioned is a quite new medicine that normally used to treat cancer patient. It actually get me so worried why he prescript me that medicine o_O when I ask he said I just took Duinum last circle ( plan A ) so if take Duinum again egg might not good. I tot some people go thru plan B couple of times with same med.
Did any of you took this medicine before? going to collect it from the clinic tomorrow.

Hi ladies, decided to go ahead with plan b after 3x of failed plan a... Kept asking dr lim what's wrong but he says everything is normal & good, we did all the necessary tests. The budget gets bigger & bigger & I'm not even pregnant yet...

Hi clarice, you are not alone. I have 3 round of plan A too. Doc say I have beautiful egg, my hubby sperm was ok every round . But still not pregnant yet. Just see dr lim, and ask whether should I proceed to plan b. He say up to us to decide.

Hi clarice, you are not alone. I have 3 round of plan A too. Doc say I have beautiful egg, my hubby sperm was ok every round . But still not pregnant yet. Just see dr lim, and ask whether should I proceed to plan b. He say up to us to decide.

Have you decided if ur gonna try plan b? I'm going to take up this cycle. If it still doesn't work I'm gonna take a break. Really tired from all this emotional trauma...

Hi Clarice, i understand how u feel. We also went to Dr charles but he didnt really tell us whats wrong with me too. It has been 5 mths of ttc now and i am thinking when shd i start on plan a. Good luck to you! Hope u get ur baby wish soon. Keep a positive mindset!

Hi all, i had my 1st consultation with Dr Lim and found out i hv pcom... which i was nt told when i was with previous gynae...
Same as u all here i was given Duinum, metformin n b12 to be taken.

Im quite confused whether shd i start to to Duinum in my next cycle (im in cd14 today)...
I did some searches and found out metformin is meant for diabetics patient (i believed @thots menntioned b4) so i m askin are the side effects very serious? As in im afraid it will caused us to gain weight? Or is it safe to tk all these?
N n n i hv a phobia to swallow tablets so nt sure it is okay to melt the metformin n eat it..

I think im under Plan A..
Doc mentioned abt the story of the man.. he said for my case still able to get pregnant. Jus that the eggs size is not v ideal. If plan a fails, i might need to remove my cysts n 1 small fibroid in order to cont and i was told to get pregnant b4 i turn 32...

Quite depressing. Y some people is able to get pregnant so easily but for me is so difficult..

Sometimes i jus feel like givin up..

Have you decided if ur gonna try plan b? I'm going to take up this cycle. If it still doesn't work I'm gonna take a break. Really tired from all this emotional trauma...
Hi clarice, have discussed with hubby. We decided continue another cycle with plan a. Is really can't success this month. Then we only proceed to plan. Do share with if you got good news under plan b. Good luck to you!

apologies.. very noob.. does anyone feel discomfort after takin metformin?

I have loose stools since ytd evening.. appetite is bad.. nausea.. I supposed this is the side effects?

Back