IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Yes remain positive and happy go lucky is the best. That way is good for development too. My mrs hahaha she is taking her driving lesson now so i think she will forget about this iui for the time being. Just pass her basic today and she is taking trial test for advance next week. See told you she is a energy furball (like chipmunks, hamster, kitten, puppy).

Well, at least she's not thinking about this too much and have something else to think about. Hehehe. Wish her all the best for her theory test. Who knows she will be a preggy learner driver and pass when she is in pregnancy. Would you allow her to do that? But I think that will be an achievement for her.

Well, at least she's not thinking about this too much and have something else to think about. Hehehe. Wish her all the best for her theory test. Who knows she will be a preggy learner driver and pass when she is in pregnancy. Would you allow her to do that? But I think that will be an achievement for her.

Maybe after consultation because she is currently still under weight,not very idea and i am underweight too so not sure could this be a reason for our current state. If doc clears her by then maybe i will allow her to continue with the practical lesson before the bump gets too big ;P well that's if and if things happen.

Maybe after consultation because she is currently still under weight,not very idea and i am underweight too so not sure could this be a reason for our current state. If doc clears her by then maybe i will allow her to continue with the practical lesson before the bump gets too big ;P well that's if and if things happen.

Ic.... Ic..... Then its better you consult the Dr first. When you said about weight, I think we are directly opposite of each other. My hubby and me are at the heavier end. Enjoy food too much. Hehehe....but now I am on a strict diet cos my doctor still wants me to lose weight. Huhuhu.

Whether our weight is the reason or not, I find it very subjective. Cos I have seen both two ends of the weighing scale be able to conceive naturally. No MC and give birth to a healthy baby.

You don't worry too much hor. I know you love your wive a lot. You are a pillar of support for one another. There are so many reasons why we can't conceive yet. Be positive. We might hit the jackpot one day.

Hi everyone... I also had my first iui done today. Only one good follicle on rhs, sperm count wasn't that great as hubby not feeling well. But still wishing and praying for the best!

Thanks Ann, we too eat alot but just cannot gain weight hahahaha, sliming center no need our business forever liao hahahaha which i am happy about. ;)

Wahhhhhhh.......I so jealous leh. He he he. We both 2 end of the spectrum. But whatever it is, as long as we are all healthy, that is the main impt thing.

Hi everyone... I also had my first iui done today. Only one good follicle on rhs, sperm count wasn't that great as hubby not feeling well. But still wishing and praying for the best!

Hello Pinkiebb!

How RU feeling so far? Don't be disheartened. Got one good follicle is just what it takes for IUI rather than none. If none, you can't proceed. That's what happen to me the previous cycle. Hubby sperm count wasn't that great also, don'tfeel so sad. RRemember its among the best. And we only need one sperm to hit the jackpot. Be positive k! *hugs*

Thanks AnnBby, so great to have this support forum here. People who r not going thru this process usually find it hard to understand our situation.

This morning before the IUI, womb felt super heavy and bloated. Have to sit myself down with care. The IUI went well, so now is the 2wwk.

Think we are at the same stage! Wish both of us good luck! But if seriously fail this time, I will just consider ivf liao.

Thanks AnnBby, so great to have this support forum here. People who r not going thru this process usually find it hard to understand our situation.

This morning before the IUI, womb felt super heavy and bloated. Have to sit myself down with care. The IUI went well, so now is the 2wwk.

Think we are at the same stage! Wish both of us good luck! But if seriously fail this time, I will just consider ivf liao.

Yup, ppl who do not go thru what we did will notuunderstand what we are experiencing. Worst is if they don't believe you are feeling heavy and bloated, then stare at you one kind like as if you faking it. Pfft... These type of ppl, I don't bother to be around with.

I heard if you are a private pt at KKH, you can straight away proceed for IVF after first IUI attempt that is negative. But I am at NUH subsidised patient. So I have to go thru 3 IUI before proceeding to IVF. Just a protocol.

Anyway, let's all pray hard that we get BFP after our TWW. So no need to go another IUI again/IVF. Hehehe.

Ya.. now my stomach like honeydew inside lor feel so bloated. Now I feel so sleepy after the iui today. Don't know if it's because of the jabs or the frequent early morning visits to the hospital tts why feel so tired. Do u feel e same way too?

I'm currently under subsidy but plan to switch to private if it fails.

Yup, ppl who do not go thru what we did will notuunderstand what we are experiencing. Worst is if they don't believe you are feeling heavy and bloated, then stare at you one kind like as if you faking it. Pfft... These type of ppl, I don't bother to be around with.

I heard if you are a private pt at KKH, you can straight away proceed for IVF after first IUI attempt that is negative. But I am at NUH subsidised patient. So I have to go thru 3 IUI before proceeding to IVF. Just a protocol.

Anyway, let's all pray hard that we get BFP after our TWW. So no need to go another IUI again/IVF. Hehehe.
Hi Ann, I failed iui once and asked to proceed to ivf straight. Unless you don't use the government grant then it's more worthwhile to proceed to ivf straight. I m with nuh but under Pte.

Ya.. now my stomach like honeydew inside lor feel so bloated. Now I feel so sleepy after the iui today. Don't know if it's because of the jabs or the frequent early morning visits to the hospital tts why feel so tired. Do u feel e same way too?

I'm currently under subsidy but plan to switch to private if it fails.

Ya, I had that too. Walking around and feel like pregnant. But on top of that, I felt like poking pain at my ovary area. Quite similar to period cramp but more intense. Luckily I got a friend who had gone thru this and tell me its normal.

Depending on your body, this feeling should go off by 3-7days. I read forums, they say we feel like this due to the jab to ovulate.

I too experience the sleepy. Too tired maybe cos to & fro to hospital very early just to see the Dr.

I think best, these few days you rest well. Don't stress². Just be happy. Avoid doing anything strenuous. For me, I am the type cannot stay in bed one. The 2 days after IUI are torture for me cos I am in pain so have to be on bed. 3rd day I go to work half day. Hehehe. Today, I start doing housework liao and cook. Don't be like me hor......I very naughty one.

My friend advice me if this one no success, straight away go IVF. Choose to be private pt. But I like to relax leh. I find IVF very taxing on the body. So I choose to still do up to 3IUI then only after that I will consider IVF

AnnBby. . Actually I find iui v time consuming already considering having to go to the hospital so many times. Should be the same process as in NUH I reckon. I know IVF for sure is gg to be more taxing and confirm more jabs. And I am starting my new job next month so doubt I can go on any ART this year till I passed my probation w e new Co.

Hi Ann, I failed iui once and asked to proceed to ivf straight. Unless you don't use the government grant then it's more worthwhile to proceed to ivf straight. I m with nuh but under Pte.

I don't use the grant/medisave yet for my IUI. All pay by cash. But because I under Subsidised, I have to undergo at least 3 IUI before IVF. That's what the CHR nurse told me.

Anyway, I in no rush. My hubby I feel not ready to take up more responsibility. These few days treat me one kind. 2 days I on bed cannot do anything, sulk like one kind. Imagine if I IVF? I not in terms with my parents. I only have my in laws. But his grandma is not well now, so my in laws have to take care of her. If I stay with my in laws, aiyoh 2 person to take care.

So that's why I take this route.

AnnBby. . Actually I find iui v time consuming already considering having to go to the hospital so many times. Should be the same process as in NUH I reckon. I know IVF for sure is gg to be more taxing and confirm more jabs. And I am starting my new job next month so doubt I can go on any ART this year till I passed my probation w e new Co.

PinkieBB, how old ru? If you are still young, late 20s early 30s then there is no need to rush. Just my opinion. But if 35 and above, then maybe need to reconsider. I work part time currently and only work there for 6months, told my boss that I am under this journey. They OK with it. So if I need to go hospital during my work day, I just have to inform them earlier.

But for your case, if new company, then quite hard to explain this to them. I can only advice, this year give your all to your company, show you are an exemplary worker, then maybe next year if they know you are going through this, they more supportive cos you are good worker.

Whatever choice you may choose, I wish you allthe best! *hugs*

I don't use the grant/medisave yet for my IUI. All pay by cash. But because I under Subsidised, I have to undergo at least 3 IUI before IVF. That's what the CHR nurse told me.

Anyway, I in no rush. My hubby I feel not ready to take up more responsibility. These few days treat me one kind. 2 days I on bed cannot do anything, sulk like one kind. Imagine if I IVF? I not in terms with my parents. I only have my in laws. But his grandma is not well now, so my in laws have to take care of her. If I stay with my in laws, aiyoh 2 person to take care.

So that's why I take this route.
I think it depends on the patients, not a fixed protocol to go through 3 IUI.

My first session with Prof at NUH, he said we try IUI first and see how I respond ... since I've undergone so many rounds of clomid before, but he wanted to see for himself my reaction. During the first cycle of IUI, then he said since I was responding well, he wanted me to go through 3 rounds.

@Pinkiebb and @AnnBby ... please do watch how bad the pain is?

Should feel bloated and slight pain ... not excruciating pain ...

If it's excruciating pain, then go see doc liao. My case I ended up in A&E cos had internal bleeding. But my threshold for pain is quite high, and I'm quite ti ki (iron teeth), so refused to go see doc.

AnnBby, pat pat. Both the wife n husband have to be equally committed if wanna try for ART lo. Maybe hubby not feeling too well with his grandma down so face a bit black. Don't read too much into it.

I am coming 32 liao lo n really hope to have kids soon. Plus my hubby is cmg 40. Sometimes also face peer pressure.. every month surely hear from friends they r pregnant .. OMG sibeh stressed hahah

My first session with Prof at NUH, he said we try IUI first and see how I respond ... since I've undergone so many rounds of clomid before, but he wanted to see for himself my reaction. During the first cycle of IUI, then he said since I was responding well, he wanted me to go through 3 rounds.

Veraine, I don't know leh. I only ask what is theirprotocol for Subsidised pt. But I think even if you are ssubsidized and they did the HSG scan, found your tube is blocked/ twisted etc, then of course straight away IVF. IUI would be consider a waste to be done onto you. Or your eggs low reserve. Or you are going to be 40 soon. All these reason, can go IVF without IUI.

Veraine, I don't know leh. I only ask what is theirprotocol for Subsidised pt. But I think even if you are ssubsidized and they did the HSG scan, found your tube is blocked/ twisted etc, then of course straight away IVF. IUI would be consider a waste to be done onto you. Or your eggs low reserve. Or you are going to be 40 soon. All these reason, can go IVF without IUI.
ya ya, so got to see patient's condition la ... so if everything normal, then will be 3 rounds of IUI i think

If it's excruciating pain, then go see doc liao. My case I ended up in A&E cos had internal bleeding. But my threshold for pain is quite high, and I'm quite ti ki (iron teeth), so refused to go see doc.

He he he....I think we all iron teeth cos want to do this. All these not for the faint heart.

ya ya, so got to see patient's condition la ... so if everything normal, then will be 3 rounds of IUI i think

My friend one actually everything is good. All okay. But she did only one IUI, unsuccessful and after that request for IVF. The Dr say can. But hers at KKH and she is a private patient. She also say, everything pay by Medisave and grant. So I know not compulsory do 3 IUI, then can use grant. Just that maybe NUH and KKH different protocol, different way of practice also.

My friend one actually everything is good. All okay. But she did only one IUI, unsuccessful and after that request for IVF. The Dr say can. But hers at KKH and she is a private patient. She also say, everything pay by Medisave and grant. So I know not compulsory do 3 IUI, then can use grant. Just that maybe NUH and KKH different protocol, different way of practice also.
Can use grant for IUI also ma. There's no protocol for that.

Just that some people, inc me, didn't want to use the grant and save it up for IVF.

AnnBby, pat pat. Both the wife n husband have to be equally committed if wanna try for ART lo. Maybe hubby not feeling too well with his grandma down so face a bit black. Don't read too much into it.

I am coming 32 liao lo n really hope to have kids soon. Plus my hubby is cmg 40. Sometimes also face peer pressure.. every month surely hear from friends they r pregnant .. OMG sibeh stressed hahah

Who not sibei stress if all that we know around us pregnant. I think I thick skin liao. 12 years of marriage, 12 years ppl ask me when I want to have children. I think my ears very tired hear the same thing all these years. Hehehe.

Veraine, so u indeed went thru 3 rounds of iui?

how come u need to go so many times?
for me CD2 go see doc and take medication, CD10 go see doc and scan follicles and CD13 IUI

yupz.. i dun really feel pain at all... just that is bloated and my left side machiam very full (like u have a very full stomach).. maybe this cycle i have 3 follicles at my left ovary but none on my right.. 23mm, 17mm and 14mm that's why feel so full?

after IUI i only feel very sleepy but next day i continue go work. coz go JB, also dun hv MC give me rest...

For NUH, you can try asking for the medication earlier. So don't have to make a trip down till CD12 for first scan.

On CD12, if follicles have grown well, you can also request for the trigger to be done by yourself. Then probably CD14 IUI.

Meaning if the timing is good, you just need to go down to hospital two times.

But of course if the follicles are growing slowly, then there'll be more visits.

how come u need to go so many times?
for me CD2 go see doc and take medication, CD10 go see doc and scan follicles and CD13 IUI
Yeah cause my follies were growing quite slowly so they put me on close monitoring.

Cycle day 3 - registration and instructions on how to self administer the puregon jab

Day 7 - ultrasound

Day 10 - ultrasound

Day 12 - ultrasound

Day 13 - ultrasound

Day 16th - ultrasound and hcg jab

Day 17th - IUI process

not IUI only.. the whole cycle which means inclusive of medication too

IUI procedure - $300
Trigger jab - $70
Scan - $30 x 2days
Clomid - ard $1.50

So total about $430. But maybe yours include some some thing like blood test or more detailed scan.

Yeah cause my follies were growing quite slowly so they put me on close monitoring.

Cycle day 3 - registration and instructions on how to self administer the puregon jab

Day 7 - ultrasound

Day 10 - ultrasound

Day 12 - ultrasound

Day 13 - ultrasound

Day 16th - ultrasound and hcg jab

Day 17th - IUI process

Pinkiebb, wah.....you so many ultrasound. No wonder you so tired cos too many times to and fro hospital.

Mine is similar to @veraine . I already bought clomid before hand. So by the time I AF, I eat clomid from CD2-CD6. Then book an appointment for scan CD12. Usually my follicle still small. This round CD15 I scan again. Follicle of acceptable size. Trigger jab on same day. Next day CD16, IUI. So I come to the hospital 3 times only.

Hmm what is this clomid, my wife only keep doing the "Purgeon" jabs. Before the IUI process we were put thru a blood test before given the green light. In all we paid about closed to 1.5K (esti)

Hmm what is this clomid, my wife only keep doing the "Purgeon" jabs. Before the IUI process we were put thru a blood test before given the green light. In all we paid about closed to 1.5K (esti)

There are a few types of medication out there that help to stimulate the follicle. So far, I only know of is 3. Clomid, a tablet to be consume. Dose 50mg-250mg. Puregon and Gonal F, both injections. Clomid works differently than the other 2. All these depends on your body. The Dr would know better what to give you. :-D

IUI procedure - $300
Trigger jab - $70
Scan - $30 x 2days
Clomid - ard $1.50

So total about $430. But maybe yours include some some thing like blood test or more detailed scan.
i still got more medications...
i got FH injection together with clomid..
even after IUI, i was prescribe progynova and duphaston for 3weeks

doesnt exclude blood test and detailed scan coz i done it in SG before

Wondering. ...For self injection, what is the best position (aka less painful)? Lying down, sitting up or standing up.

Any sisters here with Dr sf loh?

Also - was reading on Internet about 'priming' the pen for first time usage. Do I need to do that? The nurse didn't mention to me. She just said turn to dosage then screw in needle then push in and press plunger

i still got more medications...
i got FH injection together with clomid..
even after IUI, i was prescribe progynova and duphaston for 3weeks

doesnt exclude blood test and detailed scan coz i done it in SG before

Maybe thats why yours more expensive. You need more jab.

Also - was reading on Internet about 'priming' the pen for first time usage. Do I need to do that? The nurse didn't mention to me. She just said turn to dosage then screw in needle then push in and press plunger
I do mine standing, though nurse taught me sitting down. Cos I lazy to transfer everything to where I can sit down.

And also didn't do anything abt priming. Just use! Lol

Hi all! I'm so glad to find this support group.. :) I feel very comforted that I am not alone... Hubba and I have decided to go through IUI for my next cycle (if this cycle fails)...

We tried naturally for 6 months before conceiving. But we suffered a miscarriage at the 2nd month. So we resumed trying after a couple months of inactivity... I've subsequently changed a job but it was very demanding and stressful that caused my regular ovulation to stop for almost 6 months. I went to see Dr Fong Yang for 2 cycles.

Cycle 1
We saw a number of cysts at my right ovary so Dr Fong mentioned that I might be PCOS. My left follicle were growing very slowly and was given HCG jab at Day 22 and was told the days to try. But menses came 10 days later.

Cycle 2
Dr Fong suggested IUI but since it was our 2nd try with a fertility doctor, my hubba and I didn't go for it. I was put on Clomid 50mg from Day 2 to Day 6. And by day 14, I have 2 follicles on my left - 11mm and 9mm and I ovulated on Day 16. But menses came.

Cycle 3
I've yet to return to Dr Fong as I've just started my new job with a slower pace. My hubby and I will try naturally for the last time before seeing Dr fong for IUI..

As my current job is contract-based, I don't pin high hopes on re-contracting or extension. My main focus now is to have a baby of our own. Both my hubby and I are 32 and we really hope to have a child so we can move on with my career path...

I really appreciate advice with regards to IUI procedures from all of you. :(

Last edited:
hello yee, i am a hubby whom too am on this iui cycle of couse mrs is the one doing. 32 hey still young dun look so despair. Me 40 already and i openly admit age does affect men too is not as per chinese saying old ginger is good hahahaha.

Depdning on the consultation u going, this is our experienced with KK:
Go thru a series of consultation with doctor (pte means u walk in and seek appt, if u want to cut cost get referral letter from polyclinic)
Go thru a series of test, for myself is blood, "quality" test, for wife she gets a different set including scan
After which if by x session not hit jack port, doc will suggest iui
Again another round of blood test, then the real session start all should happen pretty fast
When detected the eggs are ready that's where i call the implantation day, ur hubby have to be present to supply the iui people with the seeds to be implant
Before the implant there will be a series of jabbing by the lady
On the IUI day hubby task ends once supply is provided, for lady well u can go back one or 2 pages to read the expereinced and post expereinces.

Total cost: for pte wihtout subsidy is about 1.5K can used Medisave also

1 cycle starts from the moment ur first jab starts till implantation

I realized I had my letrozole pills wrongly eaten! !! Haihz. Instructions 2pills per night I thought 1pill per night and was on 1 pill only per night for 2 nights. I wonder how much it will impact my follies growth -,-llll

Dont think kk needs u to strongly stick to what they suggest. Of cos first line of treatment stsrts with fertility pills and natural conception ..fail then refer iui. I was refered to 3cycles of iui but I underwent 2cycles then they gave me option to go for 3rd cycle or go for ivf. I choose ivf cos got to queue 2 mths at least ..then seek iui elsewhere to try luck to see if it works then dont need to go ivf. Kkh iui is strictly injectibles for me (so-iui) but they do have iui (pills+lesser injectibles). Im on 3rd cycle iui (letrozole d2 to d6)+ 3days of injectibles then scan on cd10. Protocol depends on how doc assess your infertility

I realized I had my letrozole pills wrongly eaten! !! Haihz. Instructions 2pills per night I thought 1pill per night and was on 1 pill only per night for 2 nights. I wonder how much it will impact my follies growth -,-llll

Dont think kk needs u to strongly stick to what they suggest. Of cos first line of treatment stsrts with fertility pills and natural conception ..fail then refer iui. I was refered to 3cycles of iui but I underwent 2cycles then they gave me option to go for 3rd cycle or go for ivf. I choose ivf cos got to queue 2 mths at least ..then seek iui elsewhere to try luck to see if it works then dont need to go ivf. Kkh iui is strictly injectibles for me (so-iui) but they do have iui (pills+lesser injectibles). Im on 3rd cycle iui (letrozole d2 to d6)+ 3days of injectibles then scan on cd10. Protocol depends on how doc assess your infertility

OMG.. let's all pray that your follicles will still grow. *cross finger*

Hi all! I'm so glad to find this support group.. :) I feel very comforted that I am not alone... Hubba and I have decided to go through IUI for my next cycle (if this cycle fails)...

We tried naturally for 6 months before conceiving. But we suffered a miscarriage at the 2nd month. So we resumed trying after a couple months of inactivity... I've subsequently ctubeed a job but it was very demanding and stressful that caused my regular ovulation to stop for almost 6 months. I went to see Dr Fong Yang for 2 cycles.

Cycle 1
We saw a number of cysts at my right ovary so Dr Fong mentioned that I might be PCOS. My left follicle were growing very slowly and was given HCG jab at Day 22 and was told the days to try. But menses came 10 days later.

Cycle 2
Dr Fong suggested IUI but since it was our 2nd try with a fertility doctor, my hubba and I didn't go for it. I was put on Clomid 50mg from Day 2 to Day 6. And by day 14, I have 2 follicles on my left - 11mm and 9mm and I ovulated on Day 16. But menses came.

Cycle 3
I've yet to return to Dr Fong as I've just started my new job with a slower pace. My hubby and I will try naturally for the last time before seeing Dr fong for IUI..

As my current job is contract-based, I don't pin high hopes on re-contracting or extension. My main focus now is to have a baby of our own. Both my hubby and I are 32 and we really hope to have a child so we can move on with my career path...

I really appreciate advice with regards to IUI procedures from all of you. :(

Hi Missyyee! Welcome to the forum! Don't be so sad yah. We are all on the same boat and we are supporting each other. *hugs*

Dont worry too much about the IUI procedure. Just slight discomfort and should be okay. Its not as invasive as IVF and lesser jabs to be taken. My friend has some problem with anything entering under there except for BD. So both her IUI and IVF was done when she is sleeping.

While some have to have multiple jabs before the IUI procedure, I only have a trigger jab and took clomid tablets to make my follicles grow. There are so many possibility and options. So its best to discuss with your doctor. The dr will look thru your blood test results, you body acceptance to certain fertility drugs and will decide from there.

But one thing for sure, for IUI, you cannot have a blocked tube. It will be useless to do the IUI then. So the dr will high possibility send you for the intensive scan 1st to check you tube and all other things ok.

Hi ladies need some feedback, wife feedback to me after says todays she doea not feel bloated anymore and seems everything is normal seems a feeling of not strike. Is this normal? Haissss was still holding onto a niche of hope. But still staying positive

Hi ladies need some feedback, wife feedback to me after says todays she doea not feel bloated anymore and seems everything is normal seems a feeling of not strike. Is this normal? Haissss was still holding onto a niche of hope. But still staying positive
U mean this is after the iui process or?

I feel normal already. No more bloated also. So I go about do my normal routine. Maybe ladies who undergo IUI before can give more input.

Back