请问月事中的女生可以到庙里拜拜吗?
I thought there's a saying that 月事中的女生到庙里拜拜是属于大不敬的行为。

Answer: Post #52
在道教文化,确实是有些避忌。那么妇女有来月事,血即是“污秽”,若去道教庙宇则对神明不敬。

倘若经过佛寺/佛堂(不属于道教民俗文化),想进去拜,而害怕/担心冒犯诸般菩萨仙佛,可以选择不供香,行三鞠躬代替也行。怎么说,都总好过那些不去拜的。

Last edited:

注生娘娘
提供六个可拜注生娘娘的地点,方便大家选择/参考:

Venue No.: 1 - 崇义庙/半港天后宫 (@ Sengkang; Bakau LRT station)
View map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_41632/travel_site_90505/
Remark: 面向崇义堂,右侧就是天后宫(正神:妈祖/天后娘娘)。天后娘娘的右边即是“注生娘娘”。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/ChongYi

Venue No.: 2 - 都城隍庙 (@ Tanjong Pagar)
Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_8910/travel_site_3693/
Remark: 进入城隍庙第一道大门(铁门不算),左侧有供奉一些专署的神明位置 - 包公神台、注生娘娘神台、清水祖师神台。得拜主神城隍爷先,然后再拜注生娘娘。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/TPChengHuang

Venue No.: 3 - 韭菜芭城隍庙 Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple (@ Paya Lebar/MacPherson)
Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_7773/travel_site_53514/
Remark: 进入城隍大殿的最右边神台,供奉地母、注生娘娘、 观音、 天后。
后排左起:观音佛祖、注生娘娘、地母之尊。窍门得拜主神城隍爷先。求子愿望可跪在注生娘娘面前。尽管放心,没有人会朝笑。自己觉得不舒服拜阴神的话,无需勉强自己。其他众阴神不拜没有关系的。In the past, devotees are able to walk in right infront to altar. After renovation, 神台隔远多了。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/PLChengHuang

Venue No.: 4
- 莲山双林寺/双林城隍庙 (@ Toa Payoh/Kim Keat)
Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5069/travel_site_40334/
Remark: 双林城隍庙坐落于莲山双林寺范围之内。双林城隍庙内有两尊注生娘娘。祖神城隍爷的右边便是注生娘娘,而另一尊注生娘娘是有抱小孩。多数前去向注生娘娘求子的,是有抱小孩的那尊神像。另外提醒,莲山双林寺(观音殿、天王殿等属于‘阳庙’),城隍庙(则是‘阴庙’)。本人不建议去了‘阴庙’再去‘阳庙’或者,去了‘阳庙’再去‘阴庙’。外面也是一样。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/SLChengHuang

Venue No.: 5
- 玉皇殿 (@ Havelock)
Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_3056/travel_site_12560/
Remark: 主神乃玉皇大帝,不拜不行。可向玉皇大帝表明你的来历以及此行的目的。玉皇大帝的左手边,有道门可以进入后殿。进入后殿便可看到注生娘娘了以及‘七娘嫲’(福建话)。可以买花献给注生娘娘,无须把花拿回。要买什么花都可以。若有供水果,拜完之后拿回去吃。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/YuHuang

Venue No.: 6 - 东岳庙 (@ Kg Bahru)
Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/sg/tang-gan-beo/6-bukit-purmei-099866/8874_5747.html
Remark: 主神乃东岳大帝。主神左边即是注生娘娘。
Photo album:http://bit.ly/DongYueTemple

Hi Master,

I just started to read the whole thread and chanced upon this post of yours.
Pardon me for my silly questions but there are a couple of points which I do not understand.

1. Re 韭菜芭城隍庙:
You mentioned "窍门得拜主神城隍爷先。求子愿望可跪在注生娘娘面前。尽管放心,没有人会朝笑。自己觉得不舒服拜阴神的话,无需勉强自己。其他众阴神不拜没有关系的 ", so may I know which deity is considered as 阴神 ? 城隍爷 ? But I thought 城隍爷 is the main deity which we are supposed to pray first prior to zhnn?

2. Re 莲山双林寺/双林城隍庙
You mentioned "本人不建议去了‘阴庙’再去‘阳庙’或者,去了‘阳庙’再去‘阴庙’。外面也是一样。". May I clarify that you actually meant we should go to EITHER 莲山双林寺 OR 双林城隍庙, instead of paying visit to both on the same day/at the same time regardless sequence? Since our main purpose is to pray zhnn, we can just head to 双林城隍庙 directly, right?
(OK, sorry, just read your reply to one of the lady. Those who wanna know may refer to post #50)

For shuanglin temple at toa payoh, u dun recommend 去了‘阴庙’再去‘阳庙’或者,去了‘阳庙’再去‘阴庙’。(外面也是一样). Then can you kindly advise how shld we go abt praying the shuanglin temple ?
Reply: 去了双林城隍庙之后,就无需在过去参拜诸般仙佛、菩萨。或者,参拜了诸般仙佛、菩萨之后,就无需再去双林城隍庙。目的是向注生娘娘求孩子,那么就得去双林城隍庙。

所安奉在双林城隍庙内的神明(包括观音)皆可拜之,不必担心。踏出双林城隍庙后,可以去其他阴庙,而阳庙则避免。若要去阳庙,得隔一、两天或更长时间。

I knew one NTU graduate, 每天去‘阳庙’傍晚再去 ‘阴庙’, and has been continously doing for few years. 居然被裁退、整个人呆呆又傻傻。Now, is still jobless, staying at home with his parents. 好好的一个人,居然拜神拜到头“gorng gorng”。
sad.gif
His parents knew he was visiting temples at one period, yet did not stop him.

Many thanks for your kind patience.

Last edited:
I just started to read the whole thread and chanced upon this post of yours.
Pardon me for my silly questions but there are a couple of points which I do not understand.
不会silly. 乐意回答。

1. Re 韭菜芭城隍庙:
You mentioned "窍门得拜主神城隍爷先。求子愿望可跪在注生娘娘面前。尽管放心,没有人会朝笑。自己觉得不舒服拜阴神的话,无需勉强自己。其他众阴神不拜没有关系的 ", so may I know which deity is considered as 阴神 ? 城隍爷 ?
在韭菜芭城隍庙(click here),跨出正殿正门,不是有左右两排四位将军吗?人看了谢范将军之后,感到害怕是正常反应。害怕就拿不出诚心了,如此一来,倒不如不拜。

老师在白天撞见谢将军(白无常),头皮发麻长达10 sec。样子看上去与民俗间供奉的神像没什么两样。老师记不起路名了,地点距离Veerasamy Road不远。当时,祂是在屋檐下,没伸出舌头,手交叉在后,站姿严肃、眼球在动。因难得一见,所以老师才多看两,这时将军就马上瞪回老师。老师在周围没察觉特别状况,想必祂应该是在逮人了。

Punggol包公庙刚开幕没多久,老师前去参观。包公庙装饰庄严,殿内的地下层是十殿阎罗。老师站在楼梯口往下看(通十殿阎罗),就感觉不自在了,同时听到嘀哩咕噜的声音。最后,还是没下去。

跟您讲这些原因是,即使是阴神,看或听或感觉似乎有的话,人难免会觉得不自在。

But I thought 城隍爷 is the main deity which we are supposed to pray first prior to zhnn?
韭菜芭城隍庙的主神是城隍爷,主神乃是阴间神明,无论如何必须礼表诚心献香为先。比如,客人进屋若不跟屋主打招呼,或者,向屋主的长辈问好怎么行呢?

所谓,入屋叫人,入庙拜神。全世界的的神坛、寺庙、宫庙都一样。香客第一件事必须向神明/菩萨烧香,而不是嘻嘻哈哈。

Out of topic....

2 weeks ago i went to temple and pray for 注生娘娘, but once i enter the temple i saw 白无常 staring at me. is not just the statue, is like the real him. eye big big and stare at me where ever i walk in the temple

last week i went to pray 注生娘娘, his statue seems "empty" like just a statue (hope you know what i'm talking about). and his eyes & face is smiling. i told my partner about it, he asks me to buy 4D... then i buy on Sunday, really tio 4D! my partner say need to go back temple for offering and pray. Anyone know how to thank 白无常? Or just donate money to the temple?

Anonymous said:
老师 你好, 我的母亲在她30多岁的时候 曾经怀孕3次,但那3次都流产。我的母亲近年来都有在每年的普渡节在clementi观音庙为他们设拜位好让他们早日超渡。
很好!做得好!

我想请问他们已是否已经被超渡了,还是得用有别的超渡方法?谢谢
能不能够超得走,还得看法师的功力。click -> post #1940 #1852

有很多问题关于超度的info在forum board找得到。click here.

回复你的问题。一般人没法知道。即使,老师亲自去看,未必看得到。你要帮你妈妈是可以,但你会很累、很辛苦、很难受也会有折磨。熬得过,与众不同了。

Perhaps, post in the forum. Members may help to answer queries.

Last edited:
2 weeks ago i went to temple and pray for 注生娘娘, but once i enter the temple i saw 白无常 staring at me. is not just the statue, is like the real him. eye big big and stare at me where ever i walk in the temple
老师不是要吓你。祂可能真的就站在那里!

last week i went to pray 注生娘娘, his statue seems "empty" like just a statue (hope you know what i'm talking about). and his eyes & face is smiling. i told my partner about it, he asks me to buy 4D... then i buy on Sunday, really tio 4D! my partner say need to go back temple for offering and pray. Anyone know how to thank 白无常? Or just donate money to the temple?
神明可以保人平安、发横财等等。
善信保神的话,起码得保神明的屋檐。

若庙正筹备修复或者重建,不妨捐在那里。捐之前,向白无常禀报一声,无需报数目。

Hi 老师

I have went to the Chong Ghee temple and pray to 注生娘娘. But I did not bring any 大橘 or 石榴 for praying. I ask the temple staff on the praying procedures and I follow it, which is take a bundle of joss sticks and 金银纸 and pray to 天公, 天后娘娘, 伯公祖 and 注生娘娘. I said out my wishes to 注生娘娘 and make a small donation to the temple and burn the 金银纸 before I left. Is these procedures correct?

I understand that we no need to repeat our wishes everytime we go. So can I know what are we suppose to said out in every future visit????

err..just pray?

2 weeks ago, first time i went to pray is very last min decision so we didn't bring anything. just buy the package from the temple and pray according to the temple aunty's teaching
last week, second time i went to pray, i follow my partner's method because he google some taiwan procedure. bring pineapple, pear, banana & 2 fruits with many seeds + 6 white roses 6 red roses + package i bought from the temple. so i do all the offerings + follow what my partner asks me to say to 注生娘娘
this week i will be going there again, most likely will do the same praying as per my first time... coz my partner say offering do 1 time enough already

err..just pray?

2 weeks ago, first time i went to pray is very last min decision so we didn't bring anything. just buy the package from the temple and pray according to the temple aunty's teaching
last week, second time i went to pray, i follow my partner's method because he google some taiwan procedure. bring pineapple, pear, banana & 2 fruits with many seeds + 6 white roses 6 red roses + package i bought from the temple. so i do all the offerings + follow what my partner asks me to say to 注生娘娘
this week i will be going there again, most likely will do the same praying as per my first time... coz my partner say offering do 1 time enough already

Actually, I wanted to go on Sat morning but since I knock off quite early on Friday. Thus I make a trip down to Chong Ghee temple and reach there around 5pm. Luckily they have not closed for the day. So I did not prepare the offerings as well as it is a last min decision to go down

I just browse through the past messages in this morning and 老师 mentioned that need to bring 大橘 or 石榴 for praying in one of the posting...so I just wondering.....

I don't mind is a boy or girl, as long I have a kid of my own, I will be happy and contented. This month has 2 news from my surrounding people - one close friend of mine told me she is pregnant on 1st May and on end May, my manager told me she is pregnant with twins... Haiz...

for me, im garang noob.. haha.. i just follow anyone who advises me since i also dont know anything.....
but i think sincerity is the most important...

anyway, let's just continue to pray and try until we succeed :)

for me, im garang noob.. haha.. i just follow anyone who advises me since i also dont know anything.....
but i think sincerity is the most important...

anyway, let's just continue to pray and try until we succeed :)

Yap...but high expectations can lead to high disappointment as well...

*relax, relax, relax*

Dear All

I will be returning red eggs to temple tomorrow.. delivered a healthy bb after quite a bit of heartaches.. but glad all's well. You can pick up red eggs for blessings .. should be there by 1 pm!

Hi all, i will be returning 100 eggs to shuang lin temple this sun, 7 june, around 11am. Hope it can bless all of you. Take care and 加油!

本来就该照她的话做。

last week, second time i went to pray, i follow my partner's method because he google some taiwan procedure. bring pineapple, pear, banana & 2 fruits with many seeds + 6 white roses 6 red roses + package i bought from the temple. so i do all the offerings + follow what my partner asks me to say to 注生娘娘this week i will be going there again, most likely will do the same praying as per my first time... coz my partner say offering do 1 time enough already
全Singapore forums就只有SMH谈最多神、鬼、民俗、信仰。It is within the local context for Singaporeans to understand.

Google搜索出来的,怎么可以呢?不能monkey see monkey do.

不同的庙有不同的规矩,甚至和拜法。举个简单的例子,像NUS and Harvard, study and lecturing cultures are different. 共同的objective就只有一个,academic achievement.

拜神也是如此。拜Batu Pahat临水夫人的风俗习惯要换花求子,但是,绝大部分本地供奉注生娘娘的庙宇却没有这个习惯。难道要本地庙宇adopt this '换花求子' 的practise吗?比如,有些庙安奉五营将军,是献5支。有些法坛则是插3支。See the difference? 老师去Pulau Ubin拜大伯公前,也是问庙祝。香炉多,不知道该插几支等等。

若不明白地方,可以向庙祝请示。Click -> #26 #550

I just browse through the past messages in this morning and 老师 mentioned that need to bring 大橘 or 石榴 for praying in one of the posting...so I just wondering.....
是的。‘半港天后宫’拜注生娘娘求子是有这个traditional practise(献大橘/一对石榴)。其他注生娘娘庙宇就不一定有。

I have went to the Chong Ghee temple and pray to 注生娘娘. But I did not bring any 大橘 or 石榴 for praying. I ask the temple staff on the praying procedures and I follow it, which is take a bundle of joss sticks and 金银纸 and pray to 天公, 天后娘娘, 伯公祖 and 注生娘娘. I said out my wishes to 注生娘娘 and make a small donation to the temple and burn the 金银纸 before I left. Is these procedures correct?
Follow她说的procedure. 大致上是没问题。

I understand that we no need to repeat our wishes everytime we go. So can I know what are we suppose to said out in every future visit????
求一次行了。神明/菩萨不会forgetful.
得常常去拜才行。不要等到初一、十五。固定时间。

there is alot of red eggs in shuang lin temple yesterday.. any one interested can go there and take, if needed...

Toblerone 老师,

如何才会出现好姻缘对向,又如何知道是对的? 还有避开“衰男人”必备工具是什么?

请指点

Hi mdmrose, do you believe in cause & effect? (Before & after life stuffs?) Do you pray?
Yes i believe karma. And i pray. As for reincarnation, i want to believe. But beliefs are often different from truth. So i accept that this might the only lifetime we live, there is no after life

老师有说过想要求姻缘可以去月老的庙去祈求的。
最好就是开始吃素和念经! 诚心诚意的向观世音菩萨祈求了!:)

Last edited:
Beginning of this year, I came across this forum & alot of people talking about praying to注生娘娘 inorder to have a child. Eventually, both my wife & I went to 注生娘娘 temple & pray. Not very long we started to have good news! So happy!

So I began to read the forum again & read so many Toblerone 老师's advice to many people & help all the doubts. I feel that I need to protect my unborn baby so I approached Toblerone 老师. I promised to Toblerone 老师 that both my wife & I will eat vegetarian. Because we want to 念经to保胎。Like Teacher told us, we will start now to buy insurance & on the long run we will benefit from this hardship. This few months we been through alot & manage to pull through & get to know more & more Buddhism stuffs & teachings. Now my baby is in the 19th week..& we just finished all the detailed scanning. Baby is growing very well :) we felt very very 感恩 to Toblerone 老师.

Now I understand it is so so hard to 度other people from refraining to eat meat & believe in Karma...My family members, colleagues & friends all think I crazy but my wife & I stand firm & believe in Toblerone 老师 & 观世音菩萨!We all have too much sins...need to repent if not all is too late.

吃素念佛也能避开衰男人?

It very much depends on the individual him/herself I believe.
There is nothing and noone can help and/or prevent you from all sort of experiences.

A belief is not and can not do miracle.

Anyway, since this thread is about 注生娘娘 would it be more appropriate to discuss 姻缘 related issues/questions via PM with master?
Sorry but no offence.

Last edited:
I feel that it may not totally prevent from happening but it may reduce the impact the person that is giving you harm. If you really meet the guy, it is your fate & may relate to your previous life 冤结 Maybe you own something to the guy/person. 老师 or other group members, correct me if I am wrong.

Dear all, I will be returning eggs on this coming sat at the temple in toa payoh. Time unknown yet, most likely morning. Will update again once I confirm on my timing as I need to collect few items before going over.

Toblerone Lao shi ,

In another thread I see that u have some referrals for Chinese character naming. Could u share the contact with me? I greatly believe in the importance of a good name - I'm bit skeptic of the "gong li" / authenticity of some of the typical master names out there. Worried end up they advise a name that do more harm than good

Thank you very much.

This Saturday I'm returning the red eggs. Go to ZSNN temple at Toa Payoh.

Thank you so much Patchan! May I know around what time you will be there?

I work around that area hence I visit the temple every week since last month but my iui still failed. There's once I saw red eggs but I didn't know that I can take the eggs for blessing.

May I know if eating red eggs will be more useful? Anyone who just pray will also conceive?

How does the "sheng bei" work? Do we need to throw 3 times for the same question?

Thank you so much Patchan! May I know around what time you will be there?

I work around that area hence I visit the temple every week since last month but my iui still failed. There's once I saw red eggs but I didn't know that I can take the eggs for blessing.

May I know if eating red eggs will be more useful? Anyone who just pray will also conceive?

How does the "sheng bei" work? Do we need to throw 3 times for the same question?

I haven't firm up the timing yet. Coz I need to collect the items before going. Most likely going early noon.
I went there twice and the second time I took the eggs.

明天是6月16日(星期二)
农历五月初一

请大家多做功德、吃素念经、戒杀放生、诸恶莫作、众善奉行!

近日灾祸连连不断。。要好好忏悔自己的过错,珍惜我们能够在新加坡好好的活着,珍惜所有关系你的人。

再次感谢toblerone老师,花出这么多的宝贵时间来帮助大家。让我们增加知识和离苦的乐!

I haven't firm up the timing yet. Coz I need to collect the items before going. Most likely going early noon.
I went there twice and the second time I took the eggs.
Is it both husband and wife sha eat tge egg in order get blessing? How many should eat a?

Back