(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

might not be going for the Oscar... thought the blood test and ultrascan is good enough...

finally hit the 12 weeks mark!!!! yeah! (Y) managed to hear my bb's heartbeat on saturday finally!!! very loud and clear... so happy! BB developing very well... but i was quite OK in the clinic... but when i am at home saw the pics, i started to cry... T.T haha... anyone facing the same?

Anyway I didn't receive the facebook invites... possible to resent it to [email protected] instead? thxs.
Sent. Do Pm me if you still have issues..

Hi Jsnow, Haruharu, xyun08,
Actually my dept is now looking for a 3 mths temp; $7/hr; 5 days 9am to 6pm; admin including data entry; sgx center 2; start 8th Jun.
Not sure are u interested. If yes, pls let me know by tmr 2pm. 96191250

Just went for my Oscar test n the result turns out to be very bad! Very high risk for down syndrome! Now feeling very sad n dunno what to do! :( was given the options of doing the harmony test or the invasive tests at a later date!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that... but that's just statistics. Don't worry too much... Try to be positive (I know it is easier for me to say, but for your baby, you got to try your best ya?) Take care and don't think too much about it.

Just went for my Oscar test n the result turns out to be very bad! Very high risk for down syndrome! Now feeling very sad n dunno what to do! :( was given the options of doing the harmony test or the invasive tests at a later date!

*hugs*

Remember that it's easy to get a false positive on OSCAR. I got very high risk results for my #1 but went for amino in the end no problem. Now at least there's Harmony that is non invasive.

For me, imho I think OSCAR is a waste of money lor. The results are so iffy that might as well save the money and grief and just go for the definitely 98% accurate test now that there's Harmony with no risk to bb.

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to introduce myself. Around 8wk pregnant with #2, due 31dec thereabouts. Been lurking for a while but decided to show my face after finally went for first gynae appt and heard the heartbeat so feel a bit more confident heh heh.

Thanks gals! But I in a dilemma if I should go for the harmony test first? Or just go directly to the amino? Coz I am almost 13 weeks! If I go for the harmony test I can only know in 2 weeks rite? By then I will b able to do the amino at almost 16 weeks! Anyone know how fast will the result b out for amino?

But Harmony is not invasive, whereas amnio has 1 in 250 risk of causing miscarriage. I think the wait for results is about the same, 10 days or so. And both tests are about the same price (or amnio is slightly more expensive). Harmony is a new test but it's supposed to be the same accuracy.
The last time I had to wait till almost 18 wks before I could do amnio because the amniotic fluid levels were too low and my gynae didn't want to risk it.

Hi, I am new ro this group. going to Oscar test next week, anyone can share what to expect and if I need to fast before the test?

Hello everyone I am 12 weeks now. Want to ask if anyone's ms sickness is easing up yet. Just vomited all of my breakfast lunch and snacks... is this even normal?

Hello mummies, I'm 8weeks almost 9weeks & also been nausea for past 2-3weeks. Lost weight & no appetite for food.

Hi,

Just fill in on saline crackers , bread or anything even when you are not hungry. Hot soupy stuffs work for me so I try to eat as main meal though can finish... Keep nibbling ya. Cos MS usually gets worse when we don't eat. I m expecting my #2 and nausea almost whole day.when I had #1 was only morning and evening...
Coke or hot Lipton tea was a relief for me cos I really can't take ginger smell... But was concerned abt too high sugar content and my
Gynae told me, just go for anything to tide you thru the first Tri, when we feel better, and eat better in tri 2,then be wary of unhealthy food. Hope it helps ok ☺️

Hi, I am new ro this group. going to Oscar test next week, anyone can share what to expect and if I need to fast before the test?

If baby cooperative, Oscar can be done within 20min. Just blood test and scanning. Don't have to fast before. In fact if baby is not in the correct position, they might ask you to go drink something cold and sweet to make baby move!

With regard to ms, it should get better by 13weeks. I find that girls give their mummies the worst ms... :p But I guess varies from person to person bah. Plain things like toast and crackers tend to work for me, and I've been drinking a lot of lemon-infused water after the gassy drinks stopped working for me.

Sorry forgot to introduce myself. Around 8wk pregnant with #2, due 31dec thereabouts. Been lurking for a while but decided to show my face after finally went for first gynae appt and heard the heartbeat so feel a bit more confident heh heh.

Hey I have the same EDD as you!

If baby cooperative, Oscar can be done within 20min. Just blood test and scanning. Don't have to fast before. In fact if baby is not in the correct position, they might ask you to go drink something cold and sweet to make baby move!

With regard to ms, it should get better by 13weeks. I find that girls give their mummies the worst ms... :p But I guess varies from person to person bah. Plain things like toast and crackers tend to work for me, and I've been drinking a lot of lemon-infused water after the gassy drinks stopped working for me.

Thanks for the reply! How much blood would they draw?

Hi,

Just fill in on saline crackers , bread or anything even when you are not hungry. Hot soupy stuffs work for me so I try to eat as main meal though can finish... Keep nibbling ya. Cos MS usually gets worse when we don't eat. I m expecting my #2 and nausea almost whole day.when I had #1 was only morning and evening...
Coke or hot Lipton tea was a relief for me cos I really can't take ginger smell... But was concerned abt too high sugar content and my
Gynae told me, just go for anything to tide you thru the first Tri, when we feel better, and eat better in tri 2,then be wary of unhealthy food. Hope it helps ok ☺️

Thanks! Now surviving on kaya toast & milo. Tried to drink annum but feel more nauseous after that. This is my #2 & I don't remember my #1 pregnancy I had bad Morning sickness. Sooooo look forward to week 13!

Dear mummies, esp working mummies, when do you tell your superior/boss that you are pregnant or how do you break the news?

I had to tell my boss because I had a travel flight for 7hours which I don't think I could make it with my bad morning sickness and appetite. I was also feeling tired most of the time, so I declined the meeting travel. Can sense my boss wasn't pleased about it.

Does this mean most of us are expecting girls here? coz most of us having bad morning sickness. But then my friend who had bad morning sickness delivered a boy...

Want to ask if there is any recommended gynae, cos mine would be on leave for 3weeks right before my duedate. My colleague recommended another one and he is also on leave during the same time. Thanks!

Does this mean most of us are expecting girls here? coz most of us having bad morning sickness. But then my friend who had bad morning sickness delivered a boy...

I don't have MS and only thing with pregnancy is fatigue. Does it means i'm expecting Baby boy? I'm curious too!

Yar I had a friend who had bad ms whether boy or girl. But my other friends who had boys didn't really get much ms

Maybe we can see towards 4th months if mummies who had severe MS preggie with gals and not as bad MS to be boys ok!
haha...

Yeah I also dont have MS but need to take naps during the day due to fatigue. Also have to go toilet more oftwn especially Nite time.

Same here!! I also frequently go toilet in between sleep. The fatigue is killing me. I work from 9-6, can't take naps and no coffee to keep me awake.

Is anyone still continuing with tea/coffee? My doctor asked me to stop totally when i first found out pregnant. :(

Hello everyone I am 12 weeks now. Want to ask if anyone's ms sickness is easing up yet. Just vomited all of my breakfast lunch and snacks... is this even normal?

Hi cherlene, it seems like MS can last quite a while for some people, at least for my mom and my sister-in-law. Theirs lasted into second trimester. The good news is though, they both had healthy babies!

In an extreme case, my mom's MS lasted 5 months when she was expecting me, she couldn't keep any food down and only managed to eat properly in third trimester. However I was born 4kg! :eek: hehe. So don't worry too much ok, and hopefully your MS will go away very soon!

Same here!! I also frequently go toilet in between sleep. The fatigue is killing me. I work from 9-6, can't take naps and no coffee to keep me awake.

Is anyone still continuing with tea/coffee? My doctor asked me to stop totally when i first found out pregnant. :(

I'm still drinking one cup of tea a day in the morning. The recommended caffeine intake during preg is no more than 150-300mg a day, especially first tri try to avoid cos it can increase risk of miscarriage so ppl with some complications should avoid. To put in perspective, one can of coke is about 33mg caffeine, half cup green tea is 40mg. One cup of grande Starbucks coffee is 400mg! And don't forget things like chocolate and milo also have caffeine.

Hi cherlene, it seems like MS can last quite a while for some people, at least for my mom and my sister-in-law. Theirs lasted into second trimester. The good news is though, they both had healthy babies!

In an extreme case, my mom's MS lasted 5 months when she was expecting me, she couldn't keep any food down and only managed to eat properly in third trimester. However I was born 4kg! :eek: hehe. So don't worry too much ok, and hopefully your MS will go away very soon!

Yeah the plus side of bad ms is it's a good indication that hormones are strong, so baby is healthy.

My #1 I had ms until 16wks... Then few weeks after that, heartburn set in, also cannot eat. Haha. But my #1 was like 3.5kg.

My ms went off around week 11. I'm doing fist trimester test at Kkh and the result is low risk . I'm above 35 yrs old , 2nd pregnancy I felt this round very tired . Not much energy .

I'm 14 weeks now , keep hungry hahah .

How about the rest ?? Will you keep hungry ?

Hi MTB,

I am now 12 week plus and currently feeling cramps and stretches around the abs around these week. Is it normal? Also my MS has worsen this week as well. No much appetite, bloated and giddy and nausea. Do I need to go check with gynea?

Hi! I also have the same edd as u! Expecting my no 1 though. I gag most of the time but nothing comes out. Husband and I are both goona be first time parents. We're clueless most of the time. :(

Hi! I also have the same edd as u! Expecting my no 1 though. I gag most of the time but nothing comes out. Husband and I are both goona be first time parents. We're clueless most of the time. :(

Don't worry, you have 9 months (ok, bit less than that now) to prepare! Go for prenatal classes, the practical aspects are useful. And any questions the other mummies here can help too :)

My ms went off around week 11. I'm doing fist trimester test at Kkh and the result is low risk . I'm above 35 yrs old , 2nd pregnancy I felt this round very tired . Not much energy .

I'm 14 weeks now , keep hungry hahah .

How about the rest ?? Will you keep hungry ?

I'm always hungry.. My eating pattern has become more meals/snackings and less portion per meal.

Hi MTB,

I am now 12 week plus and currently feeling cramps and stretches around the abs around these week. Is it normal? Also my MS has worsen this week as well. No much appetite, bloated and giddy and nausea. Do I need to go check with gynea?

Little bit of cramps is ok, uterus is growing and stretching, but kiv if have spotting must go gynae.

Is your nausea bad enough that you aren't eating anything at all? Might be dehydration. If giddy can check with gynae if you need to go on iv or take electrolyte solution.

Little bit of cramps is ok, uterus is growing and stretching, but kiv if have spotting must go gynae.

Is your nausea bad enough that you aren't eating anything at all? Might be dehydration. If giddy can check with gynae if you need to go on iv or take electrolyte solution.

Thanks for sharing. The cramps is on and off.... I am monitoring also....

As for nausea, I still manage to keep my food.... and drinking a lot of water now.... :)

Don't worry, you have 9 months (ok, bit less than that now) to prepare! Go for prenatal classes, the practical aspects are useful. And any questions the other mummies here can help too :)

hee.... oh yes! tot of giving the pre natal classes a try.. any recommendations?

hee.... oh yes! tot of giving the pre natal classes a try.. any recommendations?

I went for MtA's classes previous, ok but nothing to shout about lar. But I was planning to deliver there so it made sense with the hospital tour and all that. I hear the one at MtE is more lively and fun, but of course very popular and places get snapped up fast. And maybe slightly more expensive.

Hi, jus check anyone know what the price of giving birth in thomson with private gynae? And any subsidize??

ANd i heard that if you go kkh, all the bills u can keep aside. As after u give birth, they will give u back the amount.

As for thomson.. even can subsidize, but the money u pay intital u cant take back the money?

ANyone can help with this?

Thanks

Back