Gestational Diabetes

@Lynelyn Your gynae is very strict. If really gotta prick like so many time better put ice on your finger to numb it first.
Actually just cut the portion of white rice is ok, replace to brown rice if possible, eat more veg and proteins (egg/tofu/lean meat), fruits eat in smaller portion. If eat outside, no gravy, don't drink the soup in YTF etc., drinks no sugar.
I was also underweight, even now still borderline underweight.. I didn't really count calories, just eat more meat instead of carbo, was still drinking full cream milk that time.

@Happybump, @nvidia thanks for the advice!! It's not my Gynae who is strict.. It's the endocrinologist that he referred me to :(

So for your case it was prick 2x a week and it's handled by Gynae? Hopefully my lvls are ok when I start pricking tomorrow then I will try to negotiate for more lenience..

Thanks for the advice! Will load up on proteins and veg. What about the occasional indulgence? Eg fast food, yoghurt or bubble tea (zero sugar, no pearls) once a week? Is it possible? If not then I'll banish that thought for the next 3 months..

@Happybump, @nvidia thanks for the advice!! It's not my Gynae who is strict.. It's the endocrinologist that he referred me to :(

So for your case it was prick 2x a week and it's handled by Gynae? Hopefully my lvls are ok when I start pricking tomorrow then I will try to negotiate for more lenience..

Thanks for the advice! Will load up on proteins and veg. What about the occasional indulgence? Eg fast food, yoghurt or bubble tea (zero sugar, no pearls) once a week? Is it possible? If not then I'll banish that thought for the next 3 months..

Hmm.. Junk food and bubble tea spike up my sugar level.. regardless whether zero sugar or no pearl.. I have been drinking soya no sugar or teh'o kosong the past 3 months.. my best friend is just water....

Fast food... Better not.
Yogurt can eat, but with fruits one may give u a spike, dietitian said the brand yoplait or something like that is ok if with fruits, but plain or Greek are the safest.
Bubble tea o kosong is ok lol..... But is it something u wanna spend $ to drink?

I only follow the strict diet during the test period.. Which is that 2 days.. After that occasionally have indulgence, otherwise very sad.. I think as long as we can maintain the diet 70%-80% of the time then shld be fine..

Got diagnosed with GDM with a reading of 8.6 for the 2h OGTT (currently 27 wks plus pregnant). Seems like most mummies here only had to do 2x weekly test and not daily prick? My Gynae referred me to an endocrinologist and I've been asked to prick 9x a day for the next 5 days.. At a minimum I'll have to prick 6x a day for the rest of the pregnancy. Dunno why so strict! :( did anyone have to prick daily too? Hope to get used to it and manage the condition with a sensible diet..

Hi Lynelyn... my gynae oso refer me to my endocrine dr who is seeing me for thyroid... All along I hv been doing the daily 7x test to monitor my blood sugar during pregnancy coz I hv family history of diabetes and gynae is worried tat I might be exposed to some risk of diabetes too... I oso hope tat I can manage this condition with sensible diet... is there any particular diet tat I can follow? I'm only at week 15 nw :(

Oo thanks for the tips.. Will look for that brand of yoghurt at Ntuc. Agree with @Happybump, really need some tiny indulgence otherwise mood will be affected. Will psyche myself to bid goodbye to fast food and llaollao for the next 3 mths..

Readings so far so good today as I've been having home-cooked food. Will be interesting to test out on hawker food to see the difference..

Did your dieticians recommend any particular brand of cereal/biscuits? Pre-GDM I've been taking Post grains cereal but not sure if that will make the cut..

Oo thanks for the tips.. Will look for that brand of yoghurt at Ntuc. Agree with @Happybump, really need some tiny indulgence otherwise mood will be affected. Will psyche myself to bid goodbye to fast food and llaollao for the next 3 mths..

Readings so far so good today as I've been having home-cooked food. Will be interesting to test out on hawker food to see the difference..

Did your dieticians recommend any particular brand of cereal/biscuits? Pre-GDM I've been taking Post grains cereal but not sure if that will make the cut..
I was with KKH's dietician, she showed me some pictures of different brand food for GDM patients. Pls see below pics for your reference.

ImageUploadedByForum1432720454.694067.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432720471.482346.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432720490.408485.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432720507.247377.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1432720520.723829.jpg

Hi Lynelyn... my gynae oso refer me to my endocrine dr who is seeing me for thyroid... All along I hv been doing the daily 7x test to monitor my blood sugar during pregnancy coz I hv family history of diabetes and gynae is worried tat I might be exposed to some risk of diabetes too... I oso hope tat I can manage this condition with sensible diet... is there any particular diet tat I can follow? I'm only at week 15 nw :(

@MTB-2015 thank you!! This is very very helpful.

@jannbaby hi! I'm still a newbie to GDM diet.. Today is my first day of pricking. I've read this whole thread from page 1 and found it to be very helpful..esp all the advice from experienced mummies. The 3 main meal + 3 snacks theory is also new to me cos I used to just eat 3 main meals. Now I'm planning to buy more fresh nuts/biscuits to include in my snack regime. My endocrinologist also didn't give me a diet to stick to so I've been feeling quite lost. But I will try to stick to her general guideline - 1/2 plate veggie, 1/4 plate lean protein/meat, 1/4 plate carb/rice.. Also will incorporate all mummies advice above when it comes to eating outside food. Thankfully so far not much food craving during this pregnancy otherwise can be hard to tahan the temptations... Let's jiayou together!!

There is diabetes cookies available for GDM patient.. and its available at most of hosp. At least i saw them at sgh and cgh..

@Lynelyn: My endocrinologist oso nv gv me any diet to follow... however when I show him my food diary, he commented tat I keep changing my diet coz I keep trying new food to check whether they are acceptable... he asked me to stick to the same diet (maybe with slight variation) throughout but sometimes really sick of eating the same kind of food everyday :(
Think the post meal range set by my gynae is quite on the low side maybe coz of my family history of diabetes? I am aiming for a post meal range which is within 6 whereas I saw some mummies post meal range to be kept within 7 or 8.... I love to eat mango and banana alot... and tat is something I hv to cut down or avoid taking which make me feel so depressed.... but for the benefit of baby, guess it's worth to make some sacrifice....

There is diabetes cookies available for GDM patient.. and its available at most of hosp. At least i saw them at sgh and cgh..
Yup.I bought this Oki brand cookies from Nuh pharmacy for diabetic. Tastes fine n I usually keep a few packs in my handbag in case I'm hungry on the go.

Hihi just to share based on my diet that's within range of 4.3~6.6
1. Keep to six small meals,
2. Breakfast: Gardenia low GI multigrain bread x 2slices with peanut butter or magarine n sugarfree jam plus one tablespoon Milo in hot water no sugar no milk, or low fat milk
3: snack: one serving of fruit eg apple, strawberries or plain natural yogurt plus handful of baked natural almonds
4: Lunch: if eating out: yong tau foo soup, fish beehoon soup, McDonald's grilled chicken salad no dressing, skinless chicken rice but opt for half to one third serving normal rice but I never drink soup coz they are quite deadly even if it's clear. If cooking your own meal: chicken macaroni soup with vegetables, pasta with low sugar pasta sauce
5. Snack: high fibre low salt wholemeal or wheatmeal crackers with sliced cheese or like no. 2
6. Dinner: like no. 4
7. Supper: one slice of multigrain bread with peanut butter n one tablespoon Milo no sugar no milk
Tips: Try not to drink soup from takeaways, avoid gravy, avoid marinated meat dishes, try to eat brown rice rather than white rice. Avoid bananas, mangoes, durians etc. Eat regularly to avoid sugar spike, load diet with good proteins, calcium n fibre like nuts, cheese, low fat milk, sugarless soy milk, non starchy vege, walk around after a full meal, its OK for ocassional indulgence with high discipline. stay positive!

Just to share my experience.
I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes during one of the checks, during early 3rd trimester.
My gynae Dr Tham from TMC, was strict, but definitely for my own good.

He got me to perform pricks on my own as well as recording my diet for 1 week, and faxed him the results. I passed and he requested for me to stick to the diet.
Me being me, and with a very strict yet doting hubby, I was allowed occasional sweet treats, ranging from ice cream to waffles to chicken rice etc.
And nearing towards Week 40, I totally went RULELESS. Lol, I just ate everything and anything that Dr Tham won't allow.

I gave birth last week and baby weighs healthy. Despite my occasional sins, I have to thank Dr Tham and my hubby for the strictness.

My personal rule of thumb - Eat healthy and right with occasional satisfying of cravings. =)

@Lynelyn: My endocrinologist oso nv gv me any diet to follow... however when I show him my food diary, he commented tat I keep changing my diet coz I keep trying new food to check whether they are acceptable... he asked me to stick to the same diet (maybe with slight variation) throughout but sometimes really sick of eating the same kind of food everyday :(
Think the post meal range set by my gynae is quite on the low side maybe coz of my family history of diabetes? I am aiming for a post meal range which is within 6 whereas I saw some mummies post meal range to be kept within 7 or 8.... I love to eat mango and banana alot... and tat is something I hv to cut down or avoid taking which make me feel so depressed.... but for the benefit of baby, guess it's worth to make some sacrifice....

Try testing with one aspect of 1 meal per day. Tats what I did. Heehee. Gynea so surprise I can take magnum mini n sugar at 6+ only. The trick is taking the snacks 2.5hrs after meal when your after meal sugar pass. Then u take blood again 2hrs after your snack so u will have idea what your body can take.

Same logic for main meals. Ie. If u take grill chicken. Start off with this then next chance w similar items add in say 1 small piece of potatoes n if pass u know can still eat say tomatoes w this meal
Combi.

Try testing with one aspect of 1 meal per day. Tats what I did. Heehee. Gynea so surprise I can take magnum mini n sugar at 6+ only. The trick is taking the snacks 2.5hrs after meal when your after meal sugar pass. Then u take blood again 2hrs after your snack so u will have idea what your body can take.

Same logic for main meals. Ie. If u take grill chicken. Start off with this then next chance w similar items add in say 1 small piece of potatoes n if pass u know can still eat say tomatoes w this meal
Combi.

Magnum mini is my weakness too! Still have a box in the fridge which I've asked hubby to clear.. Hmm maybe it's worth doing a test like u to see if I can clear it too :p really like trial and error..

Had my first failed reading with 1/2 bowl of Post Grains cereal + milk this morning.. Kinda scary to see the spike to 8+. Tried natural yoghurt as a snack but couldn't quite stomach the taste. I googled a diabetic shop at Novena and will probably check it out over the weekend.. Sugar-free sorbet here I come..!

@Lynelyn For cereal not every brand and type are ok, some actually are loaded with sugar to make it more crunchy. Those touch milk already soft are safer, but of coz not very tasty. You can try oat if u like, I found it quite good as snack or even main, can make it sweet or savory to my taste bud yet can keep sugar level optimal.

Magnum mini is my weakness too! Still have a box in the fridge which I've asked hubby to clear.. Hmm maybe it's worth doing a test like u to see if I can clear it too :p really like trial and error..

Had my first failed reading with 1/2 bowl of Post Grains cereal + milk this morning.. Kinda scary to see the spike to 8+. Tried natural yoghurt as a snack but couldn't quite stomach the taste. I googled a diabetic shop at Novena and will probably check it out over the weekend.. Sugar-free sorbet here I come..!
Hi, may I have the address of that diabetic shop which u mentioned?

TIA!

Hey don't indulge too much ... He may say is mummy gain wt not bb. then if mummy gain wt got to go to Jean Yip hor. lolll
My weight gain is abt 8kg at 35w. Compared to 14kg during my 1st preg... So i thot got room to increase haha. But must also keep in mind the risk frm gdm.. Sigh..

@Lynelyn My fav dessert is natural yogurt (Paul) and strawberry. In fact i dont think i wanna eat the usual yogurt even if gdm is cleared :). For milk with cereal you can choose magnolia hi-lo, the taste quite nice actually. I bought the Heritage organic cereal frm NTUC, one of the lowest sugar content I can find..

Hi, may I have the address of that diabetic shop which u mentioned?

TIA!

Hi here is the address

The Diabetic Shop @ Sq 2
#03-52 Square 2 Shopping Mall

Www.diabeticshop.com.sg (online shopping)

I just visited the shop this afternoon to buy some snacks and test strips (cheaper than unity pharmacy)

@Lynelyn For cereal not every brand and type are ok, some actually are loaded with sugar to make it more crunchy. Those touch milk already soft are safer, but of coz not very tasty. You can try oat if u like, I found it quite good as snack or even main, can make it sweet or savory to my taste bud yet can keep sugar level optimal.

Hi @nvidia may I know what did u use to sweeten the oats? Artificial sweetener or I'm just wondering if a tiny bit of low-fat condensed milk is ok?

@Lynelyn for sweet one, usually i take it as snack only, just add half cup of milk and half portion of oat, i had tired to put steamed pear and blend in but not adding milk. Not too sure about condensed milk, usually not recommended in diabetic meals, but u may test it out n see if u can tolerate. If cant then artificial sweetener may be better to satisfy your tastebud. Personally I don't have a sweet tooth so I'm quite ok to eat without the taste of sweetness.

@BubsandBloms, My gynae is Dr Tham too. May I know how big is your bb at delivery? Mine is currently 2.2kg at 35w, Im wondering if its too little and I should indulge more, hahaha.

My baby is 3.14 at birth.
If it's too little, then let it be.
Dr Tham is famous for getting mother to watch their own weight as well as their baby weight. And he sure has his own reasons for doing so.

Hi Mommies, any suggestion if we can take pure green coconut water? Thai coconut from NTUC is too sweet in my opinion...

Got tested with GD last wk.. And I m so hungry everyday.. Sigh.. Really don't dare to eat now.

But thanks to everyone's input on this thread! I m learning a lot!!

Got tested with GD last wk.. And I m so hungry everyday.. Sigh.. Really don't dare to eat now.

But thanks to everyone's input on this thread! I m learning a lot!!

Hello!

I've been on GD diet for about a week and it hasn't been easy so far..Failed my reading with hawker centre sliced fish soup too despite cutting down my rice to half and not drinking much of the soup.. Seems like eating home-cooked food is the safest way to go. But I have to say I'm learning a lot about my body's tolerance for food from all the pricking.

I am often hungry after main meals too and it makes me moody.. Doesn't help when my hubby is eating fast food in front of me! Still trying to load up on sugar free snacks to tide me through but then again I don't know if artificial sweeteners are advisable for preg ladies... It's a learning journey but I'm sure we'll persevere for our precious little ones!

I failed after dinners despite the smaller meals too.. Probably something with metabolism rate by then? And walking definitely helps so make sure you walk or stay active after meal. Dont let yourself hungry.. Indulge in 6 meal time per day diet: slice of wholegrain bread n milk/cereal always work for me.. once you are full you are not so much craving for sugar stuffs!

I dunno how I should continue this diet post-delivery since after each breastfeed I will be super hungry.. my reading was 7.4 2hrs post dinner..

I dunno how I should continue this diet post-delivery since after each breastfeed I will be super hungry.. my reading was 7.4 2hrs post dinner..

I had GD during pregnancy. But now I'm not sure. I was wondering why my gynae never check my blood sugar level. Did your gynae insist you check?

Hello!

I've been on GD diet for about a week and it hasn't been easy so far..Failed my reading with hawker centre sliced fish soup too despite cutting down my rice to half and not drinking much of the soup.. Seems like eating home-cooked food is the safest way to go. But I have to say I'm learning a lot about my body's tolerance for food from all the pricking.

I am often hungry after main meals too and it makes me moody.. Doesn't help when my hubby is eating fast food in front of me! Still trying to load up on sugar free snacks to tide me through but then again I don't know if artificial sweeteners are advisable for preg ladies... It's a learning journey but I'm sure we'll persevere for our precious little ones!

I can feel u... despite tat I'm packing home cooked food to work to eat everyday and I'm eating half the rice or sometimes reduced to fist-size rice... but my reading is still high (jz can't keep it down to below 6)... This is wad I hv been eating... my hubby and my mum are commenting tat I'm eating too little for each meal :(

I'm quite petite in size... since pregnancy, I hv nt gained any weight... in fact I hv lost 3kg due to nausea and vomitting in the early pregnancy and hv nt gained bk the 3kg yet... Before my pregnancy my BMI is normal at 20 but now I'm slightly underweight... I'm in my 16 week nw... kinda make me worried if baby is getting the nutrients and developing well...

Attachments

• 1433210453081.jpg
    1433210453081.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 1433210467371.jpg
    1433210467371.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 184
Hello!

In my case I don't need to test aft each meal but during every check up. So I dunno how I m faring. But it's just so scary. Night time I only med brown rice. Even if I eat out on wkends, I will bring the brown rice out. Lunch time is mainly western food or fish soup Mee sua. N even if I m not full I don't dare to go for 2nd helping. N not that bb is big. At 26w+, he is only 850gm+

I can feel u... despite tat I'm packing home cooked food to work to eat everyday and I'm eating half the rice or sometimes reduced to fist-size rice... but my reading is still high (jz can't keep it down to below 6)... This is wad I hv been eating... my hubby and my mum are commenting tat I'm eating too little for each meal :(

I'm quite petite in size... since pregnancy, I hv nt gained any weight... in fact I hv lost 3kg due to nausea and vomitting in the early pregnancy and hv nt gained bk the 3kg yet... Before my pregnancy my BMI is normal at 20 but now I'm slightly underweight... I'm in my 16 week nw... kinda make me worried if baby is getting the nutrients and developing well...

@jannbaby your food looks nutritious! Can I ask what is the limit that your doctor set for u? Mine is 6.6 post 2hrs.. Hmm below 6 sounds strict?

I went to my endocrinologist for review today and showed her my food diary. Apart from the one spike from hawker food I actually had pretty low levels throughout and she said I'm not eating enough carbs (?!!) No wonder I've been so hungry la.... think the key for us since we are underweight is not to go hungry and to eat enough.. Doc said cannot lose weight. So I guess I will continue to test my carb tolerance and eat more in coming days..

In my case I don't need to test aft each meal but during every check up. So I dunno how I m faring. But it's just so scary. Night time I only med brown rice. Even if I eat out on wkends, I will bring the brown rice out. Lunch time is mainly western food or fish soup Mee sua. N even if I m not full I don't dare to go for 2nd helping. N not that bb is big. At 26w+, he is only 850gm+

@hopeful78 I think there is value in testing after each meal so that we know our tolerance. If I didn't test I wouldn't have known that my lvls were too low and I'm not eating enough! I had the exact same mentality as u i.e. it's safer to eat less to avoid sugar spikes - but unknowingly we might not be consuming enough for baby? I think it's worth testing post meals for more awareness..

@jannbaby Is there any specific reason why your gynae or endocrinologist need you to keep below 6?? Sound a bit harsh.. Unless your before meal reading is at the lower end, then your incremental after meal may not jump above 6. I don't think a normal healthily person can achieve that as well. Below 7, some maybe below 6.8 is consider normal 2hrs after meal. How was your before meal readings, ok as well? Did your gynae refer you to any dietitian?

You meal looks ok. if white rice give u are higher reading can change all to brown rice. Can increase more green veg and meat if u want.

Don't worry too much about on weight gain, so long as baby growing well is ok. Be positive.

Hmm fish soup mee sua doesn't sound very safe... Especially if it is a hawker food....

@Lynelyn @nvidia actually the range set by my gynae is 5.5 to 6.5 for post 2 hr meal... so I try to keep it below 6 or 6.5 but always can't achieve at below 6.5... my reading is always ard 6.8 or below 7 for my lunch and above 7 for my dinner (not sure whether issit coz of the soup I drank but usually cook my soup in jz plain chye xin only with some meatball with pinch of salt)

I hv family history of diabetes (both my dad and paternal grandpa have diabetes) so perhaps the gynae afraid I might have diabetes if my GDM is nt being controlled well ba...

@jannbaby Oic... Don't stress yourself too much. Your readings are not that bad after all, just keep the discipline will do.

@hopeful78 Depends on how big the bowl lor... But mee sua high GI, hawker usually add a lot of sugar for flavoring.

Private gynae. His cut off is 120 two hours after meal~

I am a bit worried cos smtimes i cannot control will eat choco secretly. Like a small pc la.

I dun used to crave for durians now crave like mad but they say cannot eat cos durian very high in sugar.

I also got GDM and I eat choco as well. 80-90% dark chocolate. small piece.

Just to share my experience on GDM. It is all about discipline and support from hubby.

After diagnosed with GDM on my first visit at nuh, I changed my daily diet with my hubby to lean meat, veg, brown rice, home cook food.....
1. No white rice. No porridge. brown or red brown rice only.
2. No soft drink. Only coke lite/diet, cos no sugar!
3. No fruits like banana, grape, watermelon. Take only 1 slice of apple. Kiwi can eat whole.
4. No soup from hawker centre. like banmian soup, fish soup... these soup got added sweetener spike my reading.
5. No flour products. take little bit fried mee hoon, kuay tiao.
6. No yam. 1 slice from yong tau ho spike to 9+.
7. No buffet for whole 9 mths.
8. No dark soya source even the char kuay tiao.
9. Eat lesser but take meal frequent
10. Cut down / stop all carbo food, like biscuit, tibix, cookies.
11. Went Soul garden took only grill meat/prawn/seafood/veg. Figure under control.t
12. Went zhi char order al lacart, no rice. Figure under good control.
13. took little bit 80-90% dark chocolate. little bit effect only.
14. took home cook tonix food + meat without sweetener.
15. drink fresh soya drink without sugar. add artificial sugar myself
16. daily took 2-3 eggs for protein intake.
17. no mummy milk. caused figure spike as well.
18. whole meal bread. no white bread, no peanut butter, no fruit jam
19. took 600mg calcium 3 times to prevent leg cramp at night.
20. when feeling guilty after taken some high carbo food, i went to walk at staircase from 1st to 16 flr for 5-10 times.

So far my reading btw 5+ to 6+. only 3 to 4 times spike to 8+ due to high carbo food. my gynae always ask me to eat more, worried me overly controlled.
And my weight gain bf give birth was less than 5kg. weight din change much tru the whole pregnancy.

Anyway, i just give birth to my girl on last week at 3.1kg. :)

@Juan86 I salute you!! I think I can only do 1/4 or 1/5 of your list! Are you still continuing the rules after delivery?

May I know which week did you deliver baby at 3.1kg? to assess whether I should control diet stricter :)

@Juan86 I salute you!! I think I can only do 1/4 or 1/5 of your list! Are you still continuing the rules after delivery?

May I know which week did you deliver baby at 3.1kg? to assess whether I should control diet stricter :)

Try to stick to it for this whole month. My CL also know my condition. We all taking brown rice and low carbo food will high nutrients. My hubby is the one restrict me from taking normal food said after give birth hormone takes abt 1 mth to bcom normal. In order not to bcom permanent insulin deficiency, I got to follow what he said.

I give birth at 39m2d.

Hi mummies, I'm currently mid 29weeks, also just failed my glucose tolerance test by 0.1. Suppose to do the 7x prick for 2 consecutive days instructed by Dr Tham. Todate gained about 7kg in total. Was wondering if weight gain leads to gestational diabetes? Besides diet and exercise, anything else we can do to keep our levels under control? Thanks!

Hi mummies, I'm currently mid 29weeks, also just failed my glucose tolerance test by 0.1. Suppose to do the 7x prick for 2 consecutive days instructed by Dr Tham. Todate gained about 7kg in total. Was wondering if weight gain leads to gestational diabetes? Besides diet and exercise, anything else we can do to keep our levels under control? Thanks!

I doubt weight gain leads to gestational diabetes. Cos dr tham didnt mentioned my 15-16kg weight gain affected. My first 2 preg was normal, only #3 was diagnosed. I didnt really excerise much except lotsa shopping , mostly i try to keep within the 'healthy' diet, but still put on weight. End up delivered at 38+2wk, baby was 3kg! (Smaller den my 1st 2 kids lor).. And LO was low sugar at birth so ended up taking fm in hosp. I also forget to ask dr tham y was my LO low sugar wen i haf GDM...emmmmm... Forgetful me!

I doubt weight gain leads to gestational diabetes. Cos dr tham didnt mentioned my 15-16kg weight gain affected. My first 2 preg was normal, only #3 was diagnosed. I didnt really excerise much except lotsa shopping , mostly i try to keep within the 'healthy' diet, but still put on weight. End up delivered at 38+2wk, baby was 3kg! (Smaller den my 1st 2 kids lor).. And LO was low sugar at birth so ended up taking fm in hosp. I also forget to ask dr tham y was my LO low sugar wen i haf GDM...emmmmm... Forgetful me!
there is a risk of hypoglycemia (hypo for short ) in lo because lo produced lots of insulin in utero in response to high glucose levels from the mother. but when lo is born , he /she is no longer receiving glucose from the mothe but his/her insulin levels are high

weight gain doesn't cause GDM but the better your diet control the better your glucose tolerance levels. and acty if u lose weight , ur glucose tolerance level improves

for me I am good on some days , sometimes not so good. I have impaired glucose tolerance ..found out abt tt only v recently and while I shld continue eating clean I sometimes don't ... plus breastfeeding is also helping.me.somewhat

Back